PDA

View Full Version : Tuck: "I Feel More Alive, In A Football Sense"

RoanokeFan
06-24-2013, 09:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/26403/tuck-i-feel-more-alive-than-in-a-long-time

Excerpt: "A month before training camp starts, Justin Tuck (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8488/justin-tuck) looks and feels like he's in terrific shape.

He has been training and eating right, and the New York Giants (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyg/new-york-giants) defensive end even walked over hot coals (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9296417/new-york-giants-defensive-end-justin-tuck-turned-motivational-speaker-tony-robbins-help) to improve his state of mind.

"For whatever reason it is, I feel more alive in a football sense than I have in a long time," Tuck said at an appearance at the Big Daddy Celebrity Golf Classic at Oheka Castle. "And that is a huge motivation for me this year.

"I don't know if it is last year, or people saying a lot of things around this team and myself," Tuck added. "I don't know what it is. But I am in a good state right now."

Tuck knows full well he is entering the final year of his contract. But he says he doesn't want to think about a new deal. Where his mind is at right now is currently "in a great place."

"Football is a draining sport sometimes," Tuck said. "And being in New York City and trying to do as much as I do off the football field, it kind of drains you a little bit and you start to [take] things for granted. Maybe I did. Not on purpose. You just don't even know it until somebody taps you on your shoulder and is like, 'What are you doing?'" Read more...

ALLnygIN
06-24-2013, 10:07 PM
I like how tucks got his head in the right place. Hopefully he plays some good ball for us again this season!

King Sully
06-24-2013, 10:15 PM
Looking at photos from practices I noticed he looked like he was in better shape than previous years

nhpgiantsfan
06-24-2013, 10:20 PM
More talk from Tuck. Show me on game day and I'll be a believer.

giantsfan420
06-24-2013, 10:21 PM
i will say this, Tuck was part of the team that played it best when the media was calling us the worst and putting the coach on the hot seat and our backs against the wall. maybe all this talk about how horrible his game has been will be similar in that regard, who knows. football, as everything else in life, is mostly mental. whatever tuck needs to think/do to get that right mental state I'm all for even if it takes people rightfully calling him out for his lackluster play.

GameTime
06-24-2013, 10:43 PM
hopefully he keeps the enthusiasm up....that would be huge...

EliDaMANning
06-24-2013, 11:03 PM
So technically he was playing dead this whole time.

Morehead State
06-24-2013, 11:05 PM
More talk from Tuck. Show me on game day and I'll be a believer.
I love Tuck...but I gotta agree with this statement.

jomo
06-24-2013, 11:07 PM
18th verse same as the first.
Sounds more like Darryl Strawberry each time.
If I am his agent I have a simple message for him.
Shut up and let your performance speak for you.
You sound like an idiot with this broken record coming off such a pathetic season.
Fans want production not words.
He needs better handlers.......

Buddy333
06-24-2013, 11:50 PM
I love Tuck...but I gotta agree with this statement.Define "talk" please. Everyone likes to say he always talks to much. What is wrong with what he said?

Buddy333
06-24-2013, 11:53 PM
18th verse same as the first.Sounds more like Darryl Strawberry each time.If I am his agent I have a simple message for him.Shut up and let your performance speak for you. You sound like an idiot with this broken record coming off such a pathetic season.Fans want production not words.He needs better handlers.......So when approached at these events he should just look at people with a blank look on his face? What exactly did he say wrong? This is like the hundredth time he has been accused of "more talk" this offseason and have still not read anything wrong in what he said.

Rudyy
06-25-2013, 12:00 AM
I hope he decides to play by his words.

NYGinIN666
06-25-2013, 12:13 AM
aweee, on the one hand...I wanna be like 'suck it up dude' ....but on the other, ......things are tough, I ain't mad

JJC7301
06-25-2013, 12:19 AM
I'll believe in the "new" Tuck when I see it.

Imgrate
06-25-2013, 12:55 AM
Its called a contract year.

Morehead State
06-25-2013, 01:04 AM
Define "talk" please. Everyone likes to say he always talks to much. What is wrong with what he said?
No I don't think he talks too much at all.
I just think he's talked about how good he's going to play without actually playing well. Not necessarily his fault.
So talk is cheap. It really doesn't matter what he says. It matters that he delivers on the field.
So I don't have a problem with his talking about it. But it really doesn't mean anything.

Buddy333
06-25-2013, 08:41 AM
No I don't think he talks too much at all.I just think he's talked about how good he's going to play without actually playing well. Not necessarily his fault.So talk is cheap. It really doesn't matter what he says. It matters that he delivers on the field.So I don't have a problem with his talking about it. But it really doesn't mean anything.True, good point. Just think that the media has the same list of questions and when thinking about Tuck the first thing that comes to mind is how he played last year. He to knows how he played last year. So the answers he gives are just to the same questions. Now if they where asking him about some event he was at and what it meant o I'm and he responded by saying he is working out hard there might be a problem.

GameTime
06-25-2013, 08:51 AM
all the talk that Tuck has done over the years I cant really recall anything ever being that bad really.
So the guy feels good and hopes to have good season...BFD!!
Better then two seasons ago when he said he "sucked".....
Some of you guys are over the top....chill out...

Mercury
06-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Its called a contract year.

I couldn't agree more. Tuck's going to have a big year this year because he's playing for a contract next year. Unfortunately, some guys are like that.

Buddy333
06-25-2013, 09:39 AM
You really get that from Tuck? Of course everyone wants to get paid, but he doesn't seem like he is the kind of guy that would play better just for the contract. Think its about proving people wrong. It bothers him that he has not played as well as he once did. Just an opinion.

EliDaMANning
06-25-2013, 10:06 AM
Whenever they show Tuck on TV he's huffing and puffing on the sidelines on huge 3rd down situations. I wasn't even mad.

Moke
06-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Watch Tuck go all out because he wants that extension on the contract. He gets hurt in the process, we do better without him, and we still sign him.

jomo
06-25-2013, 10:41 AM
I couldn't agree more. Tuck's going to have a big year this year because he's playing for a contract next year. Unfortunately, some guys are like that.I would bet that won't happen all the while hoping that I am wrong.

IMHO all that Tuck has left in the tank are words and that is sad.

foxie
06-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Mr Tuck is saying all the right things, for a player with little left in the tank, going into a contract year, the prospect of a REAL job in the REAL world, PLeeease..., thanks for the memories, but your taking up valuable roster space on DL, we need a FULL time player on Sundays for a 16 game season.

AntB
06-26-2013, 03:25 AM
Justin will be good. We have to get dominant play at defensive takle for the defense to work though. If the defensive line is dominant again we have the personnel to make the defense work.

brad
06-26-2013, 08:00 AM
Let's hope it translates on the field... but more importantly this highlights a concern about player leadership on the defense. Clearly Tuck is not that player that inspires his teammates or himself, and there doesn't appear to be anyone else taking that role either. Maybe that is the key that is causing this defense to play so poorly?

B&RWarrior
06-26-2013, 09:16 AM
This guy never saw a mic he didn't like. The jury is out until I see it on the field. Quit the yapping.

Gimaniac
06-26-2013, 09:19 AM
I feel more alive, in a coffee sense.

Buddy333
06-26-2013, 09:34 AM
This guy never saw a mic he didn't like. The jury is out until I see it on the field. Quit the yapping.How is he yapping? They ask him questions and he answers them.

B&RWarrior
06-26-2013, 10:08 AM
How is he yapping? They ask him questions and he answers them.

It's more talk from Tuck. I've had enough of it. I just want to see him play.

Buddy333
06-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Think we all just want to see football at this point but its not his fault the media has a job to do.

Morehead State
06-26-2013, 10:38 AM
Think we all just want to see football at this point but its not his fault the media has a job to do.
I have to say....I really think Tuck is on the backside of his career. I know he "feels good", but I don't think he'll ever be close tot he player he was. This may be his last season.

Buddy333
06-26-2013, 10:50 AM
I have to say....I really think Tuck is on the backside of his career. I know he "feels good", but I don't think he'll ever be close tot he player he was. This may be his last season.It's not common for a guy to slide for two years and then have a rebound year. Don't remember it happening anyway.

GameTime
06-26-2013, 10:50 AM
I have to say....I really think Tuck is on the backside of his career. I know he "feels good", but I don't think he'll ever be close tot he player he was. This may be his last season.
well 9 years in thats is a safe statement for sure. Maybe he can have a last hurrah and kick some *** this season. I'd rather see him take less snaps but have more pruduction from a limited playing standpoint. Of course I mean this only if his body cant take the every play abuse anymore.

jomo
06-26-2013, 11:19 AM
How is he yapping? They ask him questions and he answers them.It is their job to ask questions and his job to frame the answers. He could easily say, I'm just busy as I've been every year getting ready to play football. Q But Justin, how do you feel physically and mentally? A. Well boys, it really doesn't matter how I feel, it only matters how I play and that's why I can't wait for this season to get going.

How tough would that be rather than promising something different this year which he really doesn't know will happen...........
He does control the messaging and he's been messaging wrong over and over for the past 12 weeks IMO.

Buddy333
06-26-2013, 11:26 AM
So instead of being himself he should phrase his responses to suit others. Ok got it.

GameTime
06-26-2013, 11:40 AM
It is their job to ask questions and his job to frame the answers. He could easily say, I'm just busy as I've been every year getting ready to play football. Q But Justin, how do you feel physically and mentally? A. Well boys, it really doesn't matter how I feel, it only matters how I play and that's why I can't wait for this season to get going.

How tough would that be rather than promising something different this year which he really doesn't know will happen...........
He does control the messaging and he's been messaging wrong over and over for the past 12 weeks IMO.

so he cant say....I hope this defense plays they want to be the dominant force on this team???
All Tuck was saying is that the D has to play 100% all the time. Will their 100% equate to dominance?? Maybe not but 100% is all you can give so why not strive for that....
read the words and understand them .Just dont see them

Morehead State
06-26-2013, 12:46 PM
well 9 years in thats is a safe statement for sure. Maybe he can have a last hurrah and kick some *** this season. I'd rather see him take less snaps but have more pruduction from a limited playing standpoint. Of course I mean this only if his body cant take the every play abuse anymore.
I would think that HAS to be their plan for him.

GameTime
06-26-2013, 12:55 PM
I would think that HAS to be their plan for him.
especially with s few hopefully stepped up younger guys available

Morehead State
06-26-2013, 01:08 PM
especially with s few hopefully stepped up younger guys available
When i think of our defense, and my hopes for it this year (and I DO have hopes for it), I really don't include Tuck in my thinking as a potential impact player.
Maybe I'm being too dismissive, but I just don't see it.

GameTime
06-26-2013, 01:31 PM
When i think of our defense, and my hopes for it this year (and I DO have hopes for it), I really don't include Tuck in my thinking as a potential impact player.
Maybe I'm being too dismissive, but I just don't see it.
well to rebound after two pretty average to below average seasons it would be tough. But he is young enough to have a last push effort.
if he is used properly and is healthy I think he def makes an impact.

Morehead State
06-26-2013, 01:44 PM
well to rebound after two pretty average to below average seasons it would be tough. But he is young enough to have a last push effort.
if he is used properly and is healthy I think he def makes an impact.
I hope you're right and I'm wrong.
But I see him as a role player.

GameTime
06-26-2013, 01:53 PM
I hope you're right and I'm wrong.
But I see him as a role player.
you hope you're "wrong"....
wow...didnt think you could actually type out that word. Kind of like the Fonz from Happy Days could never say the word....lol
I mean he will be a roll player to a degree and in that regard he can have an impact.