PDA

View Full Version : Blog Bits: LB Jacquian Williams

RoanokeFan
06-25-2013, 01:18 PM
http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6289

Excerpt: "With the Giants having released starting weakside linebacker Michael Boley earlier this year, Jacquian Williams, in his third season, has a chance to assume that role. However a nagging PCL injury has slowed him down most of the spring, raising concerns that perhaps a scope might be in his future. Those concerns were alleviated when Williams took the field for the first time on June 6 during a late-spring OTA. WE spoke to him after his first time back on the field this spring and we discussed what lies ahead for him.

Q: How have you been feeling since returning to practice?
A: I felt great. It’s still a progression. I’m not a 100 percent yet, but I’m working on it.

Q: How important was it for you to actually do some stuff with jobs to be won?
A: Yeah, there’s definitely jobs to be won. A lot of competition. Like I said before, we let go two important guys it the linebacker corps, so there are spots open. Being my third year, I’m definitely going to work hard. There’s other guys – Spencer and Mark—who are going to compete, so we’ll see." Read more...

ryan12
06-25-2013, 01:20 PM
if he can stay healthy i think he will have a big year

Carter.525
06-25-2013, 01:28 PM
still not 100% :(

Shimmy
06-25-2013, 01:31 PM
JW is critical in our LB core against option/mobile QB's. We face RGIII twice, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, and possibly Vick twice.

PBTimmons
06-25-2013, 01:36 PM
I lost sight of how good his rookie year was last year. He had a noteworthy first year, and it's especially surprising considering he wasn't a full time player. Stats are off the chart.

All he needs to do is take care of his body and he's nearly assured to be our best LB in years

timmytimm3
06-25-2013, 01:44 PM
I lost sight of how good his rookie year was last year. He had a noteworthy first year, and it's especially surprising considering he wasn't a full time player. Stats are off the chart.

All he needs to do is take care of his body and he's nearly assured to be our best LB in years

He was a huge part of the post season run!

MattMeyerBud
06-25-2013, 11:34 PM
http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6289

Excerpt: "With the Giants having released starting weakside linebacker Michael Boley earlier this year, Jacquian Williams, in his third season, has a chance to assume that role. However a nagging PCL injury has slowed him down most of the spring, raising concerns that perhaps a scope might be in his future. Those concerns were alleviated when Williams took the field for the first time on June 6 during a late-spring OTA. WE spoke to him after his first time back on the field this spring and we discussed what lies ahead for him.

Q: How have you been feeling since returning to practice?
A: I felt great. Itís still a progression. Iím not a 100 percent yet, but Iím working on it.

Q: How important was it for you to actually do some stuff with jobs to be won?
A: Yeah, thereís definitely jobs to be won. A lot of competition. Like I said before, we let go two important guys it the linebacker corps, so there are spots open. Being my third year, Iím definitely going to work hard. Thereís other guys Ė Spencer and Markówho are going to compete, so weíll see." Read more...

My grandmother is closer to 100% than this guy is and she passed in 1996. I like him, but I mean his health is obnoxious.

slipknottin
06-25-2013, 11:38 PM
My grandmother is closer to 100% than this guy is and she passed in 1996. I like him, but I mean his health is obnoxious.

Eh? He was healthy his rookie season, then added ~20 pounds for his second season and his body had some trouble adjusting which gave him repeated lower body injuries. With more time at the greater weight his body will adjust.

Hardly injury prone

jomo
06-26-2013, 01:41 AM
Q: Have you had to change how you tackle the classroom part of learning? Buy that I mean, while youíve been sidelined, you havenít been able to apply what you learn in the classroom on the field so do you maybe study a different way to compensate for that?

I would ask you all to simply consider the question above posed by the blogger and draw your conclusions about their competence. Aside from the use of "buy" vs the correct "by" this is an incoherent question. Williams rose above it with his answer but it leaves me shaking my head over who is covering our Giants.

jomo
06-26-2013, 01:43 AM
Eh? He was healthy his rookie season, then added ~20 pounds for his second season and his body had some trouble adjusting which gave him repeated lower body injuries. With more time at the greater weight his body will adjust.

Hardly injury proneI hope you are right Slip but I thought his problems last year were his hammys, more recently we hear it is his PCL. Not sure when that was shared by the team.