PDA

View Full Version : How to celebrate a championship..............

FBomb
06-26-2013, 01:17 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1005408_10151488227914856_320063092_n.png

Moke
06-26-2013, 01:20 PM
That was the Miami Heat parade? Lol'd

penguinfarmer
06-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Probably populated with more retired NYers there to throw eggs and batteries.

Eli TO Shockey
06-26-2013, 02:00 PM
if i was in miami id rather be at the beach than see Chris Bosh's ugly mug roll by. that man is FUGLY

Toadofsteel
06-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Luck Febron

gmen0820
06-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Nah, their parade was actually huge. 400K people. That picture is hilarious, though.

Carter.525
06-26-2013, 02:03 PM
total chaos!!

giantscolombia
06-26-2013, 02:46 PM
Luck Febron
hahahahahah

Rudyy
06-26-2013, 02:59 PM
Nah, their parade was actually huge. 400K people. That picture is hilarious, though.400K compared to millions is tiny.

TheAnalyst
06-26-2013, 04:26 PM
Maybe most of them left before the parade was over...

Moke
06-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Maybe most of them left before the parade was over...

Oh ****, I see what you did there

FBomb
06-26-2013, 04:31 PM
I deeply apologize to any Miami citizens. I was insensitive to poke fun of your lame parade.

fizzlesticks
06-26-2013, 04:34 PM
It's more of a good sport vs lame sport that no one cares about thing.

Moke
06-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Basketball is pretty lame...

TheAnalyst
06-26-2013, 04:40 PM

Very lame. No parity at all. Bulls Lakers Spurs and Heat with a Celtics, Maverics win here and there. They really could make that league like 10 teams. Baseball and Football on the other hand...

Moke
06-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Very lame. No parity at all. Bulls Lakers Spurs and Heat with a Celtics, Maverics win here and there. They really could make that league like 10 teams. Baseball and Football on the other hand...

And hockey.

Rudyy
06-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Very lame. No parity at all. Bulls Lakers Spurs and Heat with a Celtics, Maverics win here and there. They really could make that league like 10 teams. Baseball and Football on the other hand...Bulls haven't won anything since 98.

GameTime
06-26-2013, 04:42 PM
I deeply apologize to any Miami citizens. I was insensitive to poke fun of your lame parade.

see....you are learning. Nice.....:p

Moke
06-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Alright, so scratch the bulls. That makes less teams. That proved the point even more that the NBA sucks

GameTime
06-26-2013, 04:43 PM
I like playing horse

Flip Empty
06-26-2013, 09:58 PM

Huh? Baseball is even worse. No cap so the rich teams can buy whomever they want.

400K compared to millions is tiny.

Far higher population in New York.

Antwuan
06-26-2013, 10:46 PM
Giants!!!

ShakeandBake
06-26-2013, 10:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FHF4mJRRs0

gmen0820
06-26-2013, 10:57 PM
Far higher population in New York.Yeah, by comparison (and the only reason this Heat thing has gained most of its steam), Baltimore -- who mocked the heat for that picture -- only had 200K people at their parade.

Rudyy
06-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Huh? Baseball is even worse. No cap so the rich teams can buy whomever they want.Far higher population in New York.Duh.

LayLow
06-27-2013, 12:48 AM
Whatta joke.

EliDaMANning
06-27-2013, 08:07 AM
Basketball is a tremendous sport. Comparing football and basketball is apples and oranges for the most part but there's no doubt in my mind, you need to be more athletic in basketball.

CowboysSuck
06-27-2013, 08:35 AM
Basketball....like baseball is only fun to watch in the playoffs.

...the other 18,654 games in a season are a snoozefest.

Football (and Devils hockey) on the other hand....:popcorn:

gumby74
06-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Basketball....like baseball is only fun to watch in the playoffs.

...the other 18,654 games in a season are a snoozefest.

Football (and Devils hockey) on the other hand....:popcorn:

Devils!!!!

Rudyy
06-27-2013, 09:20 AM
Devils!!!!Devilsssss

Moke
06-27-2013, 09:21 AM
**** the Devils.

Flip Empty
06-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Basketball is a tremendous sport. Comparing football and basketball is apples and oranges for the most part but there's no doubt in my mind, you need to be more athletic in basketball.
Certainly. Basketball can verge on balletic at times. I don't get the hate for it.

gumby74
06-27-2013, 09:24 AM
**** the Devils. bugger off

Moke
Baseball requires the most athleticism.

gumby74
Certainly. Basketball can verge on balletic at times. I don't get the hate for it. It's still suffering from Michael Jordan hangover.

gumby74
06-27-2013, 09:25 AM
Baseball requires the most athleticism. I honestly question if baseball is even a sport.

FBomb
06-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Certainly. Basketball can verge on balletic at times. I don't get the hate for it.

I don't "hate" it....I LOVE NCAA basketball.......Pro ball has too maany games that don't count, and there's a lot less focus on defense.

Moke
06-27-2013, 09:28 AM
I honestly question if baseball is even a sport.

I can imagine it's difficult. Hitting the ball at speeds like that are amazing, but honestly... it's just ridiculous. And I feel like coaches are useless in baseball, well the most useless of all sports.

gumby74
06-27-2013, 09:30 AM
I can imagine it's difficult. Hitting the ball at speeds like that are amazing, but honestly... it's just ridiculous. And I feel like coaches are useless in baseball, well the most useless of all sports.

Hitting the ball is more about timing then any tangible physical attribute. I guess it all depends on your definition of a sport.

Moke
06-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Hitting the ball is more about timing then any tangible physical attribute. I guess it all depends on your definition of a sport.

True, I agree though. I never really liked baseball because I always liked physical contact sports. I could even categorize Snowboarding as a sport because that **** is painful and hard work.

I feel like baseball is a chill-out sport.

FBomb
06-27-2013, 09:34 AM

Bowling is more of a sport. You don't have most of your teammates standing around waiting for something to happen.

JimC
06-27-2013, 01:13 PM
What about golf as a sport?

GameTime
06-27-2013, 01:24 PM
I honestly question if baseball is even a sport.
wow....thats just not right....

Moke
06-27-2013, 01:25 PM
What about golf as a sport?

That's not a sport, it's just a fun thing to do.

GameTime
06-27-2013, 01:27 PM
more than just timing. How about hand, eye, body coordination all in a 1/10th of second for a +90mph fastball.
Baseball is absolutley a sport....in every aspect.

GameTime
06-27-2013, 01:28 PM
That's not a sport, it's just a fun thing to do.
takes finess, power, technique, etc. Def a sport

Roswell777
06-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Anyone who thinks baseball isn't a sport probably never faced a really good pitcher in their lives. That being said, it's brutal to watch baseball when you compare it to football or hockey. Football is great because every game is so important. And in hockey, ten things can happen on the ice in the time it takes between pitches of a baseball game.

As far as basketball, I hate to say it but just give me the last three minutes of the game....that is, if it doesn't turn into a foul shooting contest.

memfist.ten
06-27-2013, 05:51 PM
Never seen sooo many people@ 1time in my life...Who had the biggest crowd '07 or '11??

AllHailEli
06-27-2013, 06:08 PM
Never seen sooo many people@ 1time in my life...Who had the biggest crowd '07 or '11??

They all looked the same to me. :) I actually took off from work both times to attend the parades. They were amazing! So many people, maybe as many people as the one in Times Square during NYE. Saw Flavor Flav in one of the floats the last time. Did not expect that but did not expect him to hug Coughlin either. Some players got off the float and was dancing and revving up the crowd. There was seriously no shortage of confetti. The one in Miami looked like the confetti was coming from the bus they were riding. LOL!

memfist.ten
06-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Flavor Flav & Coughlin...Lol Talk about an odd couple. I can hear Coughlin now--Flavor Flavvvv...lol

jints10
06-27-2013, 06:49 PM
George Carlin had a great bit on Baseball vs Football....for a good laugh check it out on YouTube

FBomb
06-27-2013, 08:29 PM
George Carlin had a great bit on Baseball vs Football....for a good laugh check it out on YouTube

In baseball, the goal is to GO HOME!!!

gumby74
06-27-2013, 09:21 PM
Anyone who thinks baseball isn't a sport probably never faced a really good pitcher in their lives. That being said, it's brutal to watch baseball when you compare it to football or hockey. Football is great because every game is so important. And in hockey, ten things can happen on the ice in the time it takes between pitches of a baseball game.

As far as basketball, I hate to say it but just give me the last three minutes of the game....that is, if it doesn't turn into a foul shooting contest.

It depends on what your definition of a sport is though. Not saying my definition is correct, but i define it as an activity where excelling in a particular or set of physical attribute (such as strength, speed, quickness,etc) greatly and definitely increases your chance to succeed. So for me, baseball isn't a sport. Neither is golf. However, golf would become a sport if say a time limit scoring rule is imposed. So the faster you finish the round, the lower the score. The further you drive the ball, you get bonus shots deducted. That way if you super strong, super fit, and super fast, yet still very accurate - you'll be the best.

chasjay
06-27-2013, 09:48 PM
I know it's because I'm so damn old, but I just can't generate enthusiasm within myself for the NBA - and I try. I haven't given up and will try again next season. But due to my age and memories, I have a hard time recognizing the game as "basketball". A man drives the basket, plants his forearm into the chest of the defender and pushes the defender back on his heels as he finger-rolls the ball into the basket, and if a foul is called, it's most likely called on the defender. It just doesn't compute in my 65-year old noggin. But, ever hopeful, I'll give it another go next season - maybe the magic everyone else sees will finally filter through.

Roswell777
06-27-2013, 10:12 PM
It depends on what your definition of a sport is though. Not saying my definition is correct, but i define it as an activity where excelling in a particular or set of physical attribute (such as strength, speed, quickness,etc) greatly and definitely increases your chance to succeed. So for me, baseball isn't a sport. Neither is golf. However, golf would become a sport if say a time limit scoring rule is imposed. So the faster you finish the round, the lower the score. The further you drive the ball, you get bonus shots deducted. That way if you super strong, super fit, and super fast, yet still very accurate - you'll be the best.

By your definition, wouldn't you say reaction time, eye hand coordination, quickness, agility and strength are all components of hitting a baseball? Or, for that matter, playing a position like third base?

MikeyMike01
06-27-2013, 10:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNu_yedCIAAbO7m.jpg

AllHailEli
06-28-2013, 03:35 PM

You meant to say hitting balls out of the ballpark, throwing balls at 90mph, etc don't display strength? Stealing bases, making double and triple plays, leaping to make those unbelievable catches not a show of speed and quickness? Of course, not to add playing 162 games for the season. If that's not showing your athletic abilities and stamina, then I don't know what is. That's just too much disrespect for America's pasttime if you ask me.

gumby74
06-28-2013, 03:42 PM
By your definition, wouldn't you say reaction time, eye hand coordination, quickness, agility and strength are all components of hitting a baseball? Or, for that matter, playing a position like third base? Ah, but I said physical attributes. Reaction time, eye hand co-ordination are skills. You things like reflexes, etc at other things too - like playing music instruments. Physical attributes alone, having great quicknes, agility, and strength won't make you a good hitter.

When kids are drafted in baseball, teams don't think - he has surprising quickness, speed, and strength ..we're going to draft him high. It's just not that important.

Pitching is more of a sport than hitting is imo.

gumby74
06-28-2013, 03:43 PM
You meant to say hitting balls out of the ballpark, throwing balls at 90mph, etc don't display strength? Stealing bases, making double and triple plays, leaping to make those unbelievable catches not a show of speed and quickness? Of course, not to add playing 162 games for the season. If that's not showing your athletic abilities and stamina, then I don't know what is. That's just too much disrespect for America's pasttime if you ask me.

Pitching alone is much more a sport than hitting though. If someone can throw 90, than there is significant strength there and when you can throw 90, your rate of success is much much higher.

EliDaMANning
06-28-2013, 04:22 PM
When kids are drafted in baseball, teams don't think - he has surprising quickness, speed, and strength ..we're going to draft him high. It's just not that important.

Pitching is more of a sport than hitting is imo.Hell yes coaches look at all those attributes when they draft. Baseball is the only major sport in America that scoops up young kids while they're in their teens. Do you think they sign them because they are already established and pro ready? No. They see the potential and all these attributes you listed above. Unlike the NFL, where you have the combine and all these workouts specifically for college players, MLB teams are very sophisticated and put a huge emphasis on scouting throughout the world to find some of the most talented kids who stand out.

MLB scouts look for everything. Speed, quickness, arm strength, agility etc. Power is probably one of the least important attributes. If MLB scouts don't look for for these qualities, what exactly are they looking for then?

Roswell777
06-29-2013, 07:34 AM
Ah, but I said physical attributes. Reaction time, eye hand co-ordination are skills. You things like reflexes, etc at other things too - like playing music instruments. Physical attributes alone, having great quicknes, agility, and strength won't make you a good hitter.

Pitching is more of a sport than hitting is imo.

Can't agree with this on any level. For starters, while eye hand coordination and reaction time can be improved with repetition, there is a "physical attribute" component to them. Not everyone can be a great hitter (or a hockey goalie for that matter). Some people are just born with more effective neurological pathways.

Also, I don't understand how separating these qualities advances an argument that baseball is not a sport.

GameTime
06-29-2013, 08:10 AM

so a slow, weak, and lame babseball player is just as good as a guy with speed, quickness, and strength???
Bro....you arguement is very lame. Baseball and golf are sports.

Rudyy
06-29-2013, 08:17 AM
How is golf NOT a sport? It might not be as fast, entertaining, and full of ripped athletes, but it is most definitely a sport.

Flip Empty
06-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Golf is a little too close to something like darts, for my liking. It's the cheesecake of sports.

GameTime
06-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Golf is a little too close to something like darts, for my liking. It's the cheesecake of sports.
to play on a pro level....is a sport. I can shoot a 110 with no prob but to shoot par or under....thats skill and every bit a sport

Roswell777
06-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Golf is probably the most precise sport of all.

poppa smurph
06-29-2013, 01:03 PM
to play on a pro level....is a sport. I can shoot a 110 with no prob but to shoot par or under....thats skill and every bit a sportFor one to not consider Golf or Baseball a sport, would be to have a short-sighted definition of " Sport ".
Wether or not people will agree I think is just a differing opinion of sport.
For me, Sport is anything done for competition's sake. So, like it or not, frigging Nascar's a sport... ping-pong's a sport... pumpkin growing can be a sport lol.
If the event is pitting individuals or teams up against each other or all at once, it is sport.

poppa smurph
06-29-2013, 01:07 PM
Golf is probably the most precise sport of all.it's up there in my mind.. man vs man vs conditions vs him( her )self, all at once.
And what gets most overlooked by those who've never played is the level of conditioning it actually takes to put together a full weekend of golf.

keyofgmen
06-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Many sports have the goal of advancing a "ball" to a goal. Whether that be passed a line, into a net or into a hole. Golf surely is a sport and a damn hard one, at that!

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u83/jtellez_photos/MovieBarkerFight.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/jtellez_photos/media/MovieBarkerFight.gif.html)

And a little rub to our friends from Boston...

gumby74
06-29-2013, 01:26 PM
It all depends on your definition of a sport. I'm a huge skiier and a golfer, but I don't think either is a sport. I think my definition is just a little stricter the others.

keyofgmen
06-29-2013, 01:29 PM
It all depends on your definition of a sport. I'm a huge skiier and a golfer, but I don't think either is a sport. I think my definition is just a little stricter the others.

Huge skier also..you don't think world cup skiing is a sport??

Giantz4Life
06-29-2013, 01:33 PM
Baseball and golf are definitely sports, albeit painfully boring sports to watch.

For me, I played hockey all year round as a kid growing up. Roller hockey, ice hockey, travel teams, summer hockey camps etc. I never had time to play baseball so as an adult I have no interest in it at all. I've tried. I hate it.

Currently for me we are in what I call the Sports Drought which is the time of the year I dread the most. It is after the NBA and NHL finals conclude, and we are left with nothing but baseball, baseball, baseball until August. I can't listen to WFAN in the summer cause it's just Yankees and Mets 24/7. I can't put on SportsCenter because it's all baseball highlights.

I have nothing against people who love baseball, but I think football is definitely the official and best sport of America.

gumby74
06-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Huge skier also..you don't think world cup skiing is a sport?? Honestly, debatable. Downhill is probably more a sport than the other events. The free skiier in me wants to say that element is a sport, but it really isn't. A lot of it is reflexes the mental conquering of "oh ****".

kNicksGiants
06-29-2013, 02:19 PM
still mad at myself for not going to the last parade... oh well there's always next time :D

AllHailEli
06-29-2013, 03:24 PM

It is not stricter...it's just plain wrong. :) Dude, if anyone can play baseball, I'd like to play in the MLB, so I can make millions.