PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Roster Breakdown: Victor Cruz

RoanokeFan
06-26-2013, 04:05 PM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/6/26/4459406/new-york-giants-roster-breakdown-victor-cruz

Excerpt: "What kind of on-field production can the Giants expect from Victor Cruz?

New York Giants (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/new-york-giants) wide receiver Victor Cruz (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/109584/victor-cruz). Today we talk about Cruz as part of our look at the 90-man roster the Giants will bring to training camp in July.

2012 Season In Review

Cruz followed a franchise record 1,536-yard 2011 season with a very good but not as sensational 86-catch, 1,092-yard 2012 season. Cruz had more touchdowns (10-9), but his yards per catch dropped from an insane 18.7 yard average to a more normal 12.7 yards per catch. Much of that was likely due to the fact that Hakeem Nicks (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/71294/hakeem-nicks) was limited much of the season, meaning teams could focus more defensive attention on slowing Cruz." Read more...

Buddy333
06-26-2013, 04:14 PM
Think this offense has a chance to be special. All depends on how they block though. They lost a great blocking TE and RB. A couple guys are getting up in age and coming off injury. If they do a good job the list of guys Eli will have to use is amazing. Well on paper anyway. Can't wait for the season to start.

GameTime
06-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Think this offense has a chance to be special. All depends on how they block though. They lost a great blocking TE and RB. A couple guys are getting up in age and coming off injury. If they do a good job the list of guys Eli will have to use is amazing. Well on paper anyway. Can't wait for the season to start.

Agreed....but>>> if the running game can be top ten or so the "pass" blocking wont "have" to be so good. They would kill with play action.

RoanokeFan
06-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Agreed....but>>> if the running game can be top ten or so the "pass" blocking wont "have" to be so good. They would kill with play action.

I hope we can put up a fearsome running game this season.

GameTime
06-26-2013, 04:29 PM
I hope we can put up a fearsome running game this season.
been a while and would love to have that.....love it!!!!!

RoanokeFan
06-26-2013, 04:37 PM
been a while and would love to have that.....love it!!!!!

As you have said, the air game would benefit big time.

Moke
06-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Hopefully we have a good running game. I can feel it. Whole offense working together.

GameTime
06-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Hopefully we have a good running game. I can feel it. Whole offense working together.

no doubt. Thats one thing thats great about this time of year.....there is hope!!!!

Buddy333
06-26-2013, 04:49 PM
I hope we can put up a fearsome running game this season.Remember 2008?

giantsfan420
06-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Hopefully we have a good running game. I can feel it. Whole offense working together.yeah. if we can be balanced, in that our run or pass game can threaten a defense, it will be virtually impossible to stop us especially with eli checking into the correct plays.

i will say this tho, the defenses that give eli the most trouble are ones that do unconventional things and mix up their looks after the snap. not to hijack the thread, just saying cruz n the wrs should be unstoppable if everyones on the same page. and, if the pass game is working, it only helps the run game and vice versa

RoanokeFan
06-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Remember 2008?

I have a hard time remembering breakfast :o

kfelgigiants
06-26-2013, 05:28 PM
I cant wait. There is so much big play potential on this offense its ridiculous

Captain Chaos
06-26-2013, 07:34 PM
Solid point about Cruz and why he didn't get the big pay check is that he needs some other solid WRs to take the pressure off. Love him to death but I think the front office did the right thing by sticking to their value assessment.

RoanokeFan
06-26-2013, 07:38 PM
Solid point about Cruz and why he didn't get the big pay check is that he needs some other solid WRs to take the pressure off. Love him to death but I think the front office did the right thing by sticking to their value assessment.

Was there ever a doubt that's how they would negotiate?

giantsfan420
06-26-2013, 10:31 PM
Solid point about Cruz and why he didn't get the big pay check is that he needs some other solid WRs to take the pressure off. Love him to death but I think the front office did the right thing by sticking to their value assessment.i agree, nice post.