PDA

View Full Version : Tiki: David Wilson 'dynamic' New York Giants back

TheEnigma
06-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Former New York Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi once labeled Tiki Barber the "most remarkable back I have not only ever been with but that I have ever seen."

Barber is not just the Giants' all-time leading rusher, but also the franchise's most complete back since Hall of Famer Frank Gifford inspired Fred Exley to pen football's most poignant piece of literature.

If Barber is to be believed, David Wilson could erase his records. "He is as dynamic a player at that position that the Giants have ever had," Barber said this week via ESPNNewYork.com. "... I didn't have breakaway speed like he does. I wasn't the athlete like he is. I worked hard to get where I was. As long as he doesn't take that for granted and works hard on top of it, he can be fantastic."

Read more... (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000215019/article/barber-david-wilson-dynamic-new-york-giants-back)

FBomb
06-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Cue the hate..............

TheEnigma
06-26-2013, 07:00 PM
Cue the hate..............

Which is ridiculous imo. If anyone is qualified to speak on this subject, it's Tiki.

Rudyy
06-26-2013, 07:03 PM
BParcells was wrong!!!

GameTime
06-26-2013, 07:05 PM
wow...Tiki is really trying hard to be a normal human being. Nice....hope its a real change for him.....

giantsfan420
06-26-2013, 07:08 PM
not for nothing but i agree. i've been very vocal about DW's skill set and upside/future. i'm hoping he pans out. if he works hard, which his personality and history show he's one of the hardest workers there is and passionate as heck, i cant see how he doesnt reach most his potential.

BuffyBlueII
06-26-2013, 07:14 PM
You know, whether he is right or wrong is inconsequential. The past is the past and contrary to what folks may think of him as a person, Tiki is The Best RB in history of NY Giants franchise and he seems to be doing his part to try and mend the fracture with the fanbase.

ALLnygIN
06-26-2013, 07:17 PM
Tiki may be an *** sometiems, but I agree with him here. Wilson has all the tools to be ridiculous. He just needs to learn the not so glamerous parts of being a half back in the giants system, once he gets that and coughlin lets him get his snaps, we got ourselves a game changer/play maker.

Carter.525
06-26-2013, 07:21 PM
I hope Tiki is right.. for once

FishinTheSalt
06-26-2013, 07:33 PM
What else coild you really say about wilson? Not really a stretch to see his potential. Image repair. Thats all

YATittle1962
06-26-2013, 07:44 PM
Tiki please stop trying so hard ....it's not a good look on a grown man

titwio
06-26-2013, 07:59 PM
Tiki was talking up David Wilson before he was drafted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAjZ54-ESzI

BlueBlooded1979
06-26-2013, 08:05 PM
For what it is worth it may be time for the Tiki hate to recede a bit. He paid a high price for his treachery and arrogance. He watch Eli win the rings he coveted and Strahan earn the post football career he coveted. His marriage is over and he is rumored to be somewhat broke. He attempt to return to the NFL was laughed at and the only team he ever played for booed him loudly at his ring of honor induction. It could very well be that enough cold water has hit his face to humble him and let him know what is important.

If he is trying to grovel his way into the good graces of this franchise then let him try, maybe over time he wins back the fan base slowly. If his gestures are hollow or contain and ulterior motive they will be exposed. He has a knack for screwing up opportunities.

dakotajoe
06-26-2013, 08:15 PM
Tiki has been wrong in the past but he was spot on in that analysis before the 2012 draft. He should replace Sapp on the NFL Network.

Cool Papa B.
06-26-2013, 09:33 PM
I can't tell if Tiki is being sincere or if he has an agenda.

If he tutors Wilson and takes him under his wing, I would be very impressed.

GoDeep80
06-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Wilson has the ability to be a 1,500+ yard back. and a consistent 1,200+ yard guy. If the line gets better and he starts being a bell cow I wouldn't be surprised if he challenged 2,000 yards.

GiantRoc
06-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Former New York Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi once labeled Tiki Barber the "most remarkable back I have not only ever been with but that I have ever seen."

Barber is not just the Giants' all-time leading rusher, but also the franchise's most complete back since Hall of Famer Frank Gifford inspired Fred Exley to pen football's most poignant piece of literature.

If Barber is to be believed, David Wilson could erase his records. "He is as dynamic a player at that position that the Giants have ever had," Barber said this week via ESPNNewYork.com. "... I didn't have breakaway speed like he does. I wasn't the athlete like he is. I worked hard to get where I was. As long as he doesn't take that for granted and works hard on top of it, he can be fantastic."

Read more... (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000215019/article/barber-david-wilson-dynamic-new-york-giants-back)

I'm a genius. I said this last week. Tiki, get out of my head! He does seem to be trying to get dome friends back.

giantsfan420
06-26-2013, 10:25 PM
Wilson has the ability to be a 1,500+ yard back. and a consistent 1,200+ yard guy. If the line gets better and he starts being a bell cow I wouldn't be surprised if he challenged 2,000 yards.im liking the post and i agree. been vocal about this kid for some time, skies the limit.

Harooni
06-26-2013, 10:28 PM
i felt the same when we first drafted him, he can be that next dynamic back. Nice to see fans come around to Tiki , after all he was a great Giant for 10 seasons.

Gimaniac
06-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Tiki backs 2 Giants in the same week. He must be out of money.

jomo
06-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Nice restatement of the obvious by the boy wonder.

BigBlue1971
06-26-2013, 11:17 PM
damn whats up with Tiki? all of a sudden hes being too nice. Strahan now Wilson. lol

all that aside I hope hes right about Wilson.

nycisgreat
06-26-2013, 11:33 PM

I can't disagree one bit.

Antwuan
06-26-2013, 11:51 PM
Im expecting back things out of David Wilson this season, he showed flashes last season I think we are going to see just how Dynamic he really is in 2013.

JJC7301
06-27-2013, 12:49 AM
You know, whether he is right or wrong is inconsequential. The past is the past and contrary to what folks may think of him as a person, Tiki is The Best RB in history of NY Giants franchise and he seems to be doing his part to try and mend the fracture with the fanbase.
+1. Time to give the guy a break. He was a phenomenal player for the Giants. He went a little overboard with that Eli comment. I didn't even think it was the worst thing in the world either.

Time to give Tiki a break and end the hate. Besides, the guy got it back in spades when he had to interview Eli and cover the Giants after their remarkable victory in SB 42 -- the year after Tiki retired and the same year that Tiki made his comment. That was payback enough.

giantscolombia
06-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Looks like Tiki is finally coming around...
He's tired of feeling unloved.

giantsfan420
06-27-2013, 12:31 PM
you guys think he'd make these comments to get back in our good graces? i dunno. i can see that, but theres truth to his statement too.

FBomb
06-27-2013, 12:44 PM
you guys think he'd make these comments to get back in our good graces? i dunno. i can see that, but theres truth to his statement too.

I think that's all hater talk. I think Tiki is just being honest.

TheAnalyst
06-27-2013, 12:56 PM
High and Tight!

yo-ho
06-27-2013, 02:32 PM
I'd like to see Tiki teach Wilson some things. Tiki struggled his first few years,then all of a sudden he figured something out. It would be nice if he could help get Wilson ahead of the learning curve.

TheAnalyst
06-27-2013, 02:40 PM
I'd like to see Tiki teach Wilson some things. Tiki struggled his first few years,then all of a sudden he figured something out. It would be nice if he could help get Wilson ahead of the learning curve.

Coughlin helped. And I'm sure he is doing the same with Wilson. High and tight.

GameTime
06-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Coughlin helped. And I'm sure he is doing the same with Wilson. High and tight.
Wilson doesnt have a fumbling problem.....

Eli TO Shockey
06-27-2013, 04:39 PM
Tiki Tiki TIki!

egyptian420
06-27-2013, 06:13 PM
The most unique thing about Wilson is his ability to plow right into defenders as if he thinks he is Jacobs. For a back his size that is extremely impressive.

The thing that scares me are the hits he takes. Last year he got laid out a few times but thankfully he never got injured. I'm always worried that a hog like Lewis in his prime just hammers him and he doesn't see it coming.