PDA

View Full Version : Blog Bits: K Josh Brown

RoanokeFan
06-27-2013, 05:12 PM
http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6302

Excerpt: "Brown is a veteran player whoís been around the league. We found his perspectives on this, his latest transition, to be most interesting.

Q: Youíve been with the team for a few months now. How has your transition been?
A: It has been seamless. Itís been awesome. The organization has been phenomenal. I love the guys on this team. I like not being the oldest guy by five or six years. Weíre all around the same age bracket. The guys are great. Everyone works hard and theyíre determined and very focused, and I think I needed that. Itís a good [pace to be, the discipline and the will and the wanting to be on top is infectious. Itís really been a good couple of months.

Q: How about your battery mates? How has that come along as far as building that chemistry?
A: Good. Everyone in here has been incredible to work with, and mature. Steve has been awesome for me as far as working out, being healthy, and his exuberance for life is infectious. I think you have to let yourselves be vulnerable to accept that. There are a lot of macho guys around here who donít want to jump in on that, and I think itís great. Having a lot in common with him as far as having a family and having the business of life on the outside, itís been pretty good.

Q: Have you had a chance to swing over to the stadium to get a field for the wind patterns? Obviously theyíre not the same now as say in late November and December, but have to still been able to acquaint yourself with those?
A: No, not at all. I think judging from my past experiences in the stadium and having kicked there last year with the Jets and having played here with the Rams, this practice field is ten times worse than what Iím going to get in there. So I feel like Iím getting more work by being here in the open air field where the win really is moving the ball more. I think the stadium will be a lot easier, so Iím taking that point of view based upon what I know and based up on these guys experiences, and they agree this practice field is more difficult than the stadium." Read more...

giantsfan420
06-27-2013, 08:43 PM
im surprised no one is commenting on this. while ST isnt exactly the interesting aspect of football, it still is very much pivotal to team success.

i am a bit worried we may have taken tynes for granted, well those of us that didnt really feel he was anything special. looking back, he was damn consistent within 40. 40-50 yds was iffy, but, I dunno, we were all ready to trade tynes in for a guy who can make 50 yrd kicks...but consistency is so huge for a kicker and tynes was automatic these past couple yrs.

hopefully brown will replace tynes as well as weathorford has feagles and matt dodge lol. at least he has experience kicking in NYG Stadium as the NYJ K last yr

RoanokeFan
06-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Everyone is holding their breath that we won't miss Tynes

jomo
06-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Everyone is holding their breath that we won't miss TynesIn a word, yes

giantsfan420
06-27-2013, 08:51 PM
dude, im not gonna like the first GW kick opportunity down by 1 or 2 within 40 only because itll be a lose lose for Brown. If he makes it, "Tynes woulda made it" and if he misses it "Tynes woulda made it" lol...

and, its not necessarily the weather thats the biggest thing a K needs to overcome in NYG stadium, its the pressure and fans in combination with the winds. this is a huge issue as far as Im concerned. a good kicker can be the difference between a W and a L

RoanokeFan
06-27-2013, 08:59 PM
In a word, yes

I really am worried about this one.

sg92
06-27-2013, 09:23 PM
I'm glad we've got Brown. Tynes was mediocre last year and was only going to get worse. Brown isn't going to break any records, but he's an upgrade.

RoanokeFan
06-27-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm glad we've got Brown. Tynes was mediocre last year and was only going to get worse. Brown isn't going to break any records, but he's an upgrade.

That remains to be seen, hopefully you're right.

Roosevelt
06-27-2013, 09:53 PM
http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6302

Excerpt: "Brown is a veteran player who’s been around the league. We found his perspectives on this, his latest transition, to be most interesting.

Q: You’ve been with the team for a few months now. How has your transition been?
A: It has been seamless. It’s been awesome. The organization has been phenomenal. I love the guys on this team. I like not being the oldest guy by five or six years. We’re all around the same age bracket. The guys are great. Everyone works hard and they’re determined and very focused, and I think I needed that. It’s a good [pace to be, the discipline and the will and the wanting to be on top is infectious. It’s really been a good couple of months.

Q: How about your battery mates? How has that come along as far as building that chemistry?
A: Good. Everyone in here has been incredible to work with, and mature. Steve has been awesome for me as far as working out, being healthy, and his exuberance for life is infectious. I think you have to let yourselves be vulnerable to accept that. There are a lot of macho guys around here who don’t want to jump in on that, and I think it’s great. Having a lot in common with him as far as having a family and having the business of life on the outside, it’s been pretty good.

Q: Have you had a chance to swing over to the stadium to get a field for the wind patterns? Obviously they’re not the same now as say in late November and December, but have to still been able to acquaint yourself with those?
A: No, not at all. I think judging from my past experiences in the stadium and having kicked there last year with the Jets and having played here with the Rams, this practice field is ten times worse than what I’m going to get in there. So I feel like I’m getting more work by being here in the open air field where the win really is moving the ball more. I think the stadium will be a lot easier, so I’m taking that point of view based upon what I know and based up on these guys experiences, and they agree this practice field is more difficult than the stadium." Read more...

Thanks again RF.

What I like about this read is what we learn about our coach and organization.

RoanokeFan
06-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Thanks again RF.

What I like about this read is what we learn about our coach and organization.

There really are some nuggets if we take the time to read them :cool:

jomo
06-27-2013, 10:10 PM
There really are some nuggets if we take the time to read them :cool:If he kicks as well as he handles himself in an interview, we'll be fine.

RoanokeFan
06-27-2013, 10:11 PM
If he kicks as well as he handles himself in an interview, we'll be fine.

Here's hoping :)

giantsfan420
06-27-2013, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I mean he's in the league for a reason. and teams have given him a shot for a reason. I dunno, even playing for the Jests is light years from playing for the Giants.

I know I was ready to LYNCH tynes after that last missed FG before the GW one in OT vs GB. And before him, we all remember the Seattle debacle with Jay Cant kick a 40 yarder to win it, TWICE, Feeley...

but tynes rectified those misses and the story of that game actually grew into legend. he really was automatic the past 2 yrs. anyone know his numbers inside the 40? iirc, he was actually one of the best league wide.

dont know much about Brown aside from he's been in the league a while, has a stronger leg, and seems to be the kinda guy you can live with at K if such a thing is possible lol