PDA

View Full Version : Nicks Gets Work In With Eli

RoanokeFan
06-27-2013, 09:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/26474/nicks-gets-work-in-with-eli

Excerpt: Hakeem Nicks has been trying to make up for lost time this offseason by working out with Eli Manning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5526/eli-manning).

Nicks said he worked out with Manning twice this week and has more training sessions planned with the Giants quarterback in the coming weeks.

Hakeem Nicks (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12586/hakeem-nicks) has been trying to make up for lost time this offseason by working out with Eli Manning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5526/eli-manning).

Nicks said he worked out with Manning twice this week and has more training sessions planned with the Giants quarterback in the coming weeks.

"We hooked up twice this week already and were going to do it again," Nicks said at his Verizon Football ProCamp at Dwight Morrow High School.

Nicks skipped voluntary OTAs but did attend mandatory minicamp earlier this month. While he was limited at minicamp as the Giants take things slowly with Nicks, the receiver said he has been doing everything without limitations with Manning.

He also reiterated that he is a "full-go" for training camp and will be there.

"I'm running full routes," Nicks said. "I feel good. Ready to go."

Nicks is entering the final year of his contract. He knows how important it is for him and the Giants to be healthy and to have a big season.

"Its definitely big," Nicks said. "Talking about it can't even do it justice. Just got to go out there and do what is expected."

Teammate Victor Cruz (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13553/victor-cruz) also could be a free agent next year as well. Cruz recently signed his one-year RFA tender but is still negotiating a long-term extension.

"I was excited for him," Nicks said of Cruz signing the tender. "I am just happy he got his deal." Read more...

giantsfan420
06-27-2013, 09:39 PM
just great news. not groundbreaking or earth shattering...but great news nonetheless. they got to catch up on time they missed.

giantsfan420
06-27-2013, 09:40 PM
and does nicks really believe that "cruz got his deal" or do you think he knows something we don't?

Delicreep
06-27-2013, 09:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/26474/nicks-gets-work-in-with-eli

Excerpt: Hakeem Nicks has been trying to make up for lost time this offseason by working out with Eli Manning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5526/eli-manning).

Hakeem Nicks (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12586/hakeem-nicks) has been trying to make up for lost time this offseason by working out with Eli Manning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5526/eli-manning).

"We hooked up twice this week already and we’re going to do it again," Nicks said at his Verizon Football ProCamp at Dwight Morrow High School.

Nicks skipped voluntary OTAs but did attend mandatory minicamp earlier this month. While he was limited at minicamp as the Giants take things slowly with Nicks, the receiver said he has been doing everything without limitations with Manning.

Nicks is entering the final year of his contract. He knows how important it is for him and the Giants to be healthy and to have a big season.

"It’s definitely big," Nicks said. "Talking about it can't even do it justice. Just got to go out there and do what is expected."

Teammate Victor Cruz (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13553/victor-cruz) also could be a free agent next year as well. Cruz recently signed his one-year RFA tender but is still negotiating a long-term extension.

"I was excited for him," Nicks said of Cruz signing the tender. "I am just happy he got his deal." Read more...

Always good to hear about chemistry being built.

Rudyy
06-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Get that chemistry going.

Buddy333
06-27-2013, 10:12 PM
As long as they can block this offense should be very good. Think Eli will rebound this season. It's just a matter of how much time they give him.

chasjay
06-27-2013, 10:43 PM
I've never thought that either Nicks or Cruz didn't appreciate the need to be prepared for the season and to fine tune the skills of reading 'body language' and identifying tendencies that are needed between receivers and the QB. But those guys also know they have to be prepared for the decades of life they'll live after their money-making years have passed and are obligated to keep that in focus. I'm glad that Nicks and Eli are getting some work in together, because that can only help later on - but I never was upset with him for missing the time he did. Tom Coughlin has a handle on which players to be upset with or not - I leave that to him.

gumby74
06-27-2013, 10:52 PM
I'm going to say nothing because I don't want to jinx anything ....

Antwuan
06-28-2013, 12:35 AM
Nice!

EliDaMANning
06-28-2013, 07:39 AM
Thought nicks might be angry with him because he got called out. Haha. Nicks needs Eli if he wants the big $$$. Smart man.

CowboysSuck
06-28-2013, 08:28 AM

"We hooked up twice this week already and were going to do it again," Nicks said at his Verizon Football ProCamp at Dwight Morrow High School.

"Its definitely big," Nicks said. "Talking about it can't even do it justice. Just got to go out there and do what is expected."

wait...huh? If Nicks consideres a 1-year $2mil deal as Cruz getting his "deal" then I'm extremely confused

RoanokeFan
06-28-2013, 08:51 AM
wait...huh? If Nicks consideres a 1-year $2mil deal as Cruz getting his "deal" then I'm extremely confused

I think he means he's under contract which is good for the team if not perfect for Cruz.

OR Nicks just let the cat out of the bag......

Ruttiger711
06-28-2013, 08:59 AM

Yeah that struck me as odd too.

Moke
06-28-2013, 09:11 AM
Don't hurt yourself Hakeem

GameTime
06-28-2013, 09:20 AM
Thought nicks might be angry with him because he got called out. Haha. Nicks needs Eli if he wants the big $$$. Smart man.
Just couldn't say "good to go for Nicks"....have to add that Eli is a part of his future...NSS

tell me how many great receivers didnt need a good QB throwing to them??
the comment wasn't neccssary at all...
and you wonder why...

TCHOF
06-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Excellent news

GameTime
06-28-2013, 10:01 AM
I think he means he's under contract which is good for the team if not perfect for Cruz.

OR Nicks just let the cat out of the bag......
thats what I think. Cruz can now participate and work out a long term deal at the same time.

EliDaMANning
06-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Just couldn't say "good to go for Nicks"....have to add that Eli is a part of his future...NSS

tell me how many great receivers didnt need a good QB throwing to them??
the comment wasn't neccssary at all...
and you wonder why...suck it up son.

Napstew
06-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Leave it to fans to make nothing into something.

Why would Nicks be mad at Eli because he "called him out"? So stupid. These are grown men. What Eli said wasn't "calling him out, nor was it anything for Nicks to get upset about. Yall too used to the cry baby type of players.

Nicks saying he is happy Cruz got his deal is him just saying he is happy Cruz signed for another year with the team.

Stop reaching.

Rudyy
06-28-2013, 12:55 PM
Leave it to fans to make nothing into something.

Why would Nicks be mad at Eli because he "called him out"? So stupid. These are grown men. What Eli said wasn't "calling him out, nor was it anything for Nicks to get upset about. Yall too used to the cry baby type of players.

Nicks saying he is happy Cruz got his deal is him just saying he is happy Cruz signed for another year with the team.

Stop reaching.Don't listen to him, he always tries to stir things up.

AllHailEli
06-28-2013, 01:00 PM
Uhm, I'm not sure Victor Cruz got his deal...unless he meant he's happy Cruz is signed for this season.

EliDaMANning
06-28-2013, 01:21 PM
Don't listen to him, he always tries to stir things up.who are you kidding here? it's your message board buddy who always "cracks himself up" that made this ridiculous claim.

GameTime
06-28-2013, 01:26 PM
suck it up son.
nah......suck this
just like pointing out your never ending Eli defending and adulation. Its actually kind of sad and funny all at the same time..

EliDaMANning
06-28-2013, 01:29 PM
nah......suck this
just like pointing out your never ending Eli defending and adulation. Its actually kind of sad and funny all at the same time..

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/09/0918_best_brands/image/74-kleenex.jpg

GameTime
06-28-2013, 01:31 PM
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/09/0918_best_brands/image/74-kleenex.jpg
guess thats for you because the last thing I am doing is crying....

I am actually giddy when I can bust your chops....

EliDaMANning
06-28-2013, 01:33 PM
LOL you still whining?

Moke
06-28-2013, 01:34 PM
LOL you still whining?

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/0/5/1/6/6/3/9/YADDA-YADDA-YADDA-66817546527.jpeg

GameTime
06-28-2013, 01:36 PM
LOL you still whining?

nah...I dont whine I just bust chops and like to sarcastic
are you still sniffing Eli's jock???

Rudyy
06-28-2013, 01:40 PM
who are you kidding here? it's your message board buddy who always "cracks himself up" that made this ridiculous claim.And you made the same ridiculous claim! :D :eek:

Moke
06-28-2013, 01:41 PM
RIDICULOUS CLAIMS ARE BEING SPEWED EVERYWHERE. RUN!

GameTime
06-28-2013, 01:44 PM
RIDICULOUS CLAIMS ARE BEING SPEWED EVERYWHERE. RUN!

thats half the fun around here.....:cool:

Moke
06-28-2013, 01:45 PM
I know, that's why I love the NYGMB. New and improved.

giantsfan420
06-28-2013, 01:47 PM

OR Nicks just let the cat out of the bag......thats pretty much it. it can only be those 2 options as far as im concerned. i hope he kinda had a slip of the tongue, but i think, actually i know, the media woulda been all over that statement with articles about "cruz's long term deal coming" if there was any way they could.

he prob just wasnt thinking about the different perspectives and made the statement as a commentary for the team.

giantsfan420
06-28-2013, 01:49 PM
RIDICULOUS CLAIMS ARE BEING SPEWED EVERYWHERE. RUN!lol. well done.

EliDaMANning
06-28-2013, 02:15 PM
And you made the same ridiculous claim! :D :eek:No.

NYG12589
06-28-2013, 02:16 PM
:D

RoanokeFan
06-28-2013, 03:10 PM
thats what I think. Cruz can now participate and work out a long term deal at the same time.

That is a good news story for sure. The long term contract will come.

GameTime
06-28-2013, 03:11 PM
That is a good news story for sure. The long term contract will come.

it will too.....

RoanokeFan
06-28-2013, 03:12 PM
thats pretty much it. it can only be those 2 options as far as im concerned. i hope he kinda had a slip of the tongue, but i think, actually i know, the media woulda been all over that statement with articles about "cruz's long term deal coming" if there was any way they could.

he prob just wasnt thinking about the different perspectives and made the statement as a commentary for the team.

Both sides in this have been pretty tight lipped, especially in the last few weeks. Don't be surprised to see that the next story is that Cruz has signed.

zimonami
06-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Always good to hear about chemistry being built. Eli is always available for his guys... and, they are anxious to get the work in, too. All good for the bottom line.

AllHailEli
06-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Both sides in this have been pretty tight lipped, especially in the last few weeks. Don't be surprised to see that the next story is that Cruz has signed.

Gotta give you props for your optimism. I hope it's not misplaced. :)

giantsfan420
06-28-2013, 04:33 PM
i think rfs right on this. he been pretty fair/level headed throughout this whole cruz process. i mean, i'm hopeful as well. but i do think its gonna get done here pretty soon.

Morehead State
06-28-2013, 05:08 PM
You've been saying this exact thing for months.

GameTime
06-28-2013, 06:17 PM
so....
you've been saying the same BS for years on the boards.....

whats the point???........:popcorn:

DarkSaint
06-28-2013, 10:25 PM
What's lost here is that Eli putting in the time to work with Nicks.remember Eli was there in the voluntary ota's and already put in his time, just because nicks didn't feel like reporting in earlier, he's forcing Eli to add more of his time so that he can catch up. Nothing against nicks, but others should be commended instead, not just Eli but the coaches too for a repeat performance just for nicks.

Rudyy
06-28-2013, 10:30 PM
What's lost here is that Eli putting in the time to work with Nicks.remember Eli was there in the voluntary ota's and already put in his time, just because nicks didn't feel like reporting in earlier, he's forcing Eli to add more of his time so that he can catch up. Nothing against nicks, but others should be commended instead, not just Eli but the coaches too for a repeat performance just for nicks.I doubt he's forcing Eli to do something Eli doesn't want to do.

ShakeandBake
06-28-2013, 10:43 PM
What's lost here is that Eli putting in the time to work with Nicks.remember Eli was there in the voluntary ota's and already put in his time, just because nicks didn't feel like reporting in earlier, he's forcing Eli to add more of his time so that he can catch up. Nothing against nicks, but others should be commended instead, not just Eli but the coaches too for a repeat performance just for nicks.

It hasn't been lost, you have complained about this so many times you sound like a broken record. Nicks is not a rookie, training camp and preseason are more than enough for him to "catch up". Missing OTA's isn't going to throw off his and Eli's chemistry, that idea is just ridiculous.

giantsfan420
06-28-2013, 11:32 PM
I doubt he's forcing Eli to do something Eli doesn't want to do.yea. elis a gym/study rat. he'll work with nicks for fun lol

DarkSaint
06-29-2013, 12:42 AM
I doubt he's forcing Eli to do something Eli doesn't want to do.right but he going the extra mile to help nicks and all I said was that he should be commended for it, moreso than nicks playing catch up.

DarkSaint
06-29-2013, 12:46 AM
It hasn't been lost, you have complained about this so many times you sound like a broken record. Nicks is not a rookie, training camp and preseason are more than enough for him to "catch up". Missing OTA's isn't going to throw off his and Eli's chemistry, that idea is just ridiculous.holy comprehension fail batman! did you even read what I wrote? First of all that was my first post in this thread. Secondly where did I mention Eli and Nicks lack of chemistry? Are you in a windowless room with no oxygen, again?

ShakeandBake
06-29-2013, 01:52 AM
holy comprehension fail batman! did you even read what I wrote? First of all that was my first post in this thread. Secondly where did I mention Eli and Nicks lack of chemistry? Are you in a windowless room with no oxygen, again?

Please, you are complaining about Eli having to devote more time so that Nicks can catch up, like this is somehow going to have a negative effect on Eli. It is obvious who the brain dead one is. Why don't you find something worthwhile to complain about?

DarkSaint
06-29-2013, 02:43 AM
Please, you are complaining about Eli having to devote more time so that Nicks can catch up, like this is somehow going to have a negative effect on Eli. It is obvious who the brain dead one is. Why don't you find something worthwhile to complain about?What are you smoking? who was complaining? I'm not sure what makes you so dumb but it is working.. All I said was that Eli and the coaches should be commended for putting the extra effort to get nicks up to speed. . What's so negative about this and how is this complaining.

Die-Hard
06-29-2013, 07:15 AM
Heed the warnings. Thats all I'm gonna say

Rudyy
06-29-2013, 08:15 AM
right but he going the extra mile to help nicks and all I said was that he should be commended for it, moreso than nicks playing catch up.How is he going the "extra mile"? If Eli didn't want to hangout with Nicks, he didn't have to. It's obviously not a big deal to him.

Delicreep
06-29-2013, 09:29 AM
How is he going the "extra mile"? If Eli didn't want to hangout with Nicks, he didn't have to. It's obviously not a big deal to him.

Eli puts in the time required and he puts in his fair share of time that is not required. Pretty standard for QB's, as they are seen as team leaders.

Nicks skipped some voluntary workouts, which I would assume was really about minimizing risk to injury in a contract year.

These two things are not related to each other.

ShakeandBake
06-29-2013, 09:42 AM
What are you smoking? who was complaining? I'm not sure what makes you so dumb but it is working.. All I said was that Eli and the coaches should be commended for putting the extra effort to get nicks up to speed. . What's so negative about this and how is this complaining.

You were complaining about extra time Eli will have to put in, which in reality won't happen because Nicks is not some rookie that has to be brought up to speed. If that wasn't what you were trying to say, well then your post was meaningless. I also find it funny the guy who is throwing out insults is the one who goes running crying to the mods every chance he gets. Anyway, I will no longer entertain any more of your posts because you are not worth the time. Have a good day.

Die-Hard
06-29-2013, 10:17 AM
You were complaining about extra time Eli will have to put in, which in reality won't happen because Nicks is not some rookie that has to be brought up to speed. If that wasn't what you were trying to say, well then your post was meaningless. I also find it funny the guy who is throwing out insults is the one who goes running crying to the mods every chance he gets. Anyway, I will no longer entertain any more of your posts because you are not worth the time. Have a good day.

For the record, he didn't cry to anyone, and has very rarely reported any posts. We actually read the threads ourselves, especially ones with the name ELI in the title, because most of them take a bad turn eventually. You could have just walked away from this after being warned, but instead chose to get the last word, which most definitely makes you a part of the problem.

Free advice to everyone: Learn when to simply shut the hell up and move on, because there are about to be some big vacancies on the members list if this keeps happening. They wont be of the temporary variety either. Grow up or get put out.

ShakeandBake
06-29-2013, 11:52 AM
For the record, he didn't cry to anyone, and has very rarely reported any posts. We actually read the threads ourselves, especially ones with the name ELI in the title, because most of them take a bad turn eventually. You could have just walked away from this after being warned, but instead chose to get the last word, which most definitely makes you a part of the problem.

Free advice to everyone: Learn when to simply shut the hell up and move on, because there are about to be some big vacancies on the members list if this keeps happening. They wont be of the temporary variety either. Grow up or get put out.

Likewise, you perpetuate the problem by making posts like this. You should take your own advice and grow up, it seems like you are one of the few people getting upset over this, your continued threats to permanently ban people are hilarious!

Morehead State
06-29-2013, 12:24 PM

"I'm not sure what makes you so dumb but it is working."............. Dark Saint

Yet this is acceptable.

Just trying to figure out what is and what is not OK.

Roosevelt
06-29-2013, 12:32 PM
This was a good one also by our dark friend.

Are you in a windowless room with no oxygen, again? - Dark Saint

EliDaMANning
06-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Likewise, you perpetuate the problem by making posts like this. You should take your own advice and grow up, it seems like you are one of the few people getting upset over this, your continued threats to permanently ban people are hilarious!take care man.

speedman
06-29-2013, 02:03 PM
"I'm not sure what makes you so dumb but it is working."............. Dark SaintYet this is acceptable.Just trying to figure out what is and what is not OK.Are you someone's defender?

speedman
06-29-2013, 02:06 PM
This was a good one also by our dark friend.I thought what you quoted was pretty funny.

kNicksGiants
06-29-2013, 02:07 PM
nicks gonna beast this year if healthy.

speedman
06-29-2013, 02:16 PM
nicks gonna beast this year if healthy.Absolutely.

Die-Hard
06-29-2013, 05:10 PM
DarkSaint AND ShakeandBake were both given warnings for what happened earlier. Sorry for not keeping you guys in the loop when it comes to how I handle my mod duties, and what gets meted out to other posters. I keep forgetting that everyone has to know everyone elses' business around here.

DarkSaint
06-29-2013, 06:46 PM
Diehard your inbox is full. Can you create some space so that I can pm you?

Die-Hard
06-29-2013, 07:32 PM
Diehard your inbox is full. Can you create some space so that I can pm you?

Sorry about that. Ready for your PM

RoanokeFan
06-29-2013, 08:15 PM

Your point?

RoanokeFan
06-29-2013, 08:20 PM
right but he going the extra mile to help nicks and all I said was that he should be commended for it, moreso than nicks playing catch up.

He's going the extra mile to win games

DarkSaint
06-29-2013, 08:31 PM
Rk. I agree, but my feeling is this..lets say at work you had an hour long meeting, one of your co workers decides not to show up for it. Nicks is that co worker who missed the meeting and is now asking you to give him a brief of it. Now you, attended the meeting, put in your full shift at work and now have to stay extra after work or your lunch break to give him the meeting minutes while everyone applauds your coworker for playing catchup.

RoanokeFan
06-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Gotta give you props for your optimism. I hope it's not misplaced. :)

Why not be optimistic? They are negotiating in good faith, both sides accept the valid position of the opposition and they are just not that far apart, it seems.

RoanokeFan
06-29-2013, 08:41 PM
Rk. I agree, but my feeling is this..lets say at work you had an hour long meeting, one of your co workers decides not to show up for it. Nicks is that co worker who missed the meeting and is now asking you to give him a brief of it. Now you, attended the meeting, put in your full shift at work and now have to stay extra after work or your lunch break to give him the meeting minutes while everyone applauds your coworker for playing catchup.

I look at the end game (no pun intended). If it helps the unit achieve it's goal, then go for it. It's a fact that Eli and Nicks got some time in. I don't exactly know what that means in terms of time and/or effort. Did the two of them just play catch? Did they have Baas there? Did Eli make Nicks buy lunch? Was it similar to Duke when Eli had Nicks, Cruz and Murphy with him?

Personally, I would exact some form of penance from the late comer lol

GameTime
06-29-2013, 09:40 PM
wow...really..???

you think too much....Nicks and Eli spent some time together....BFD....

DarkSaint
06-29-2013, 09:45 PM
I wasn't putting nicks or anyone else down. Just they the author goes out of his way to applaud nicks. Then again trying to play catchup is like RKFan said are better than those guys who missed the voluntary workouts and are probably just doing enough to get by.

BTE, what's BFD?

RoanokeFan
06-29-2013, 09:47 PM
I wasn't putting nicks or anyone else down. Just they the author goes out of his way to applaud nicks. Then again trying to play catchup is like RKFan said are better than those guys who missed the voluntary workouts and are probably just doing enough to get by.

In reality, and despite the glowing praise heaped upon Randle, Nicks and Cruz are going to be Eli's "starters." That's not to say no one else is going to make plays but those two should get the majority of offensive snaps at WR.

GameTime
06-29-2013, 09:51 PM

BTE, what's BFD?
Big xxxxxxx Deal......:)

Drez
06-29-2013, 10:32 PM
Rk. I agree, but my feeling is this..lets say at work you had an hour long meeting, one of your co workers decides not to show up for it. Nicks is that co worker who missed the meeting and is now asking you to give him a brief of it. Now you, attended the meeting, put in your full shift at work and now have to stay extra after work or your lunch break to give him the meeting minutes while everyone applauds your coworker for playing catchup.Can't the same be said about when Nicks attended Eli's passing camp? That was completely "off the clock" as it were.

DarkSaint
06-29-2013, 10:51 PM
So you created an ID just to troll me? Lol. But you missed the point, not all meetings are mandatory.

Rudyy
06-29-2013, 10:56 PM
Shake, seriously..stop.

gumby74
06-29-2013, 11:54 PM
We already have a set of people who are playing this multiple ID game. It's pretty lame, so let's not create any more.

Drez
06-30-2013, 12:46 AM
We already have a set of people who are playing this multiple ID game. It's pretty lame, so let's not create any more.Well, this is more of a ban/new account situation. It's a bit different, lol.

B&RWarrior
06-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Nicks missed voluntary workouts. He's a 5 year vet. Voluntary OTAs aren't a crucial part of his performance as a player. I like that Nicks and Eli worked together, they both should get kudos.

gumby74
06-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Well, this is more of a ban/new account situation. It's a bit different, lol. Hmm. True true. Those other 2012/2013'ers are a unique bunch.

GameTime
06-30-2013, 11:49 AM
seems crazy to have more than just one user name. I say how I feel to any other memeber and let it go at that.....

bunch a ****ing jokers who do that IMO

DarkSaint
06-30-2013, 11:57 AM
Just an fyi. I'm not sure about the other 2012/2013ers but I was a long time lurker here on these message boards. for the most part I like to see the different pov of the posters here and talk about the giants. I didn't join this board to become any part of a subgroup here. Simms's fans or Eli fans, I was put in a group because of my views which should never have happened since we are all giants fans, or mostly giants fans.

GameTime
06-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Just an fyi. I'm not sure about the other 2012/2013ers but I was a long time lurker here on these message boards. for the most part I like to see the different pov of the posters here and talk about the giants. I didn't join this board to become any part of a subgroup here. Simms's fans or Eli fans, I was put in a group because of my views which should never have happened since we are all giants fans, or mostly giants fans.
cliques, groups, lables, etc. All human nature. Happens in every facet of life.

DarkSaint
06-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Just to add on, my first week here I got accused of being 420's sock account.

Drez
06-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Nicks missed voluntary workouts. He's a 5 year vet. Voluntary OTAs aren't a crucial part of his performance as a player. I like that Nicks and Eli worked together, they both should get kudos.The thing that makes the "making Eli do more work than he needed to" concept ridiculous is this very well may be something they would have done regardless of whether or not Nicks showed up to OTAs. I think it's pretty well established (or at least thought so) that Eli loves nothing more than to play catch with his guys and will jump at any chance to do so.

DarkSaint
06-30-2013, 12:10 PM
@gametime, I agree its human nature either one lumps himself or gets lumped. As long as we have friendly dialogue we should be fine, even the occasional joking or playful insults. Its just that people shouldn't get worked up and stuff.

EliDaMANning
06-30-2013, 02:11 PM
The thing that makes the "making Eli do more work than he needed to" concept ridiculous is this very well may be something they would have done regardless of whether or not Nicks showed up to OTAs. I think it's pretty well established (or at least thought so) that Eli loves nothing more than to play catch with his guys and will jump at any chance to do so.the only thing ridiculous in this thread was people getting worked up over a simple comment by a poster who said Eli should get some credit too. It was a harmless comment that a couple people harped on resulting in one getting banned LOL.No need to for people to get angry when anyone says Eli should get credit for something. After all, he is the QB for the NY Giants.

Rudyy
06-30-2013, 02:17 PM
the only thing ridiculous in this thread was people getting worked up over a simple comment by a poster who said Eli should get some credit too. It was a harmless comment that a couple people harped on resulting in one getting banned LOL.No need to for people to get angry when anyone says Eli should get credit for something. After all, he is the QB for the NY Giants.People were just giving their insight on the situation. Nobody was angry except for the one banned poster.

Drez
06-30-2013, 02:24 PM
the only thing ridiculous in this thread was people getting worked up over a simple comment by a poster who said Eli should get some credit too. It was a harmless comment that a couple people harped on resulting in one getting banned LOL.No need to for people to get angry when anyone says Eli should get credit for something. After all, he is the QB for the NY Giants.But why should Eli get any credit if it's well established that he loves getting together with his guys and throwing routes? Everybody knows that Eli will get together whenever he can with the receivers and put some work in, so it's not something that needs to be restated under normal circumstances (which this, more or less, is). Now, if Eli cancelled some other plans he had, then sure, he'd be deserving of getting some extra props, but that isn't this situation.

I think this is the type of situation where even the most ardent Eli critics can agree upon, that Eli has no problem putting in extra time to help not only himself, but his receivers get better. And it's so well known and accepted that it doesn't need to be stated when it happens, unless it's an unusual circumstance or being used as a foil against another QB that does not do the same.

RoanokeFan
06-30-2013, 02:29 PM
But why should Eli get any credit if it's well established that he loves getting together with his guys and throwing routes? Everybody knows that Eli will get together whenever he can with the receivers and put some work in, so it's not something that needs to be restated under normal circumstances (which this, more or less, is). Now, if Eli cancelled some other plans he had, then sure, he'd be deserving of getting some extra props, but that isn't this situation.

I think this is the type of situation where even the most ardent Eli critics can agree upon, that Eli has no problem putting in extra time to help not only himself, but his receivers get better. And it's so well known and accepted that it doesn't need to be stated when it happens, unless it's an unusual circumstance or being used as a foil against another QB that does not do the same.

Any time someone puts in time they don't have to at "work" they deserve some credit.

GameTime
06-30-2013, 02:36 PM
@gametime, I agree its human nature either one lumps himself or gets lumped. As long as we have friendly dialogue we should be fine, even the occasional joking or playful insults. Its just that people shouldn't get worked up and stuff.
have to admit that I have lashed out at a few posters over the years and just recently as well. Somethings bother me. Backhanded compliments for one. Which some posters do all the time and on every occasion that they can. Not just in regards to Eli either. Also dont tolerate twisting stats and twisting anything to suit ones purpose or veiw point. We all watch games, we all, mosty all, know football. I dont need one freakin stat to tell who is better than the other.
Anyway......lets Go Big Blue.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drez
06-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Any time someone puts in time they don't have to at "work" they deserve some credit.I get that. However, there's a tacit understanding that Eli is always willing to do so, even among his biggest and most vocal detractors. Other than a passing, "It's cool Eli likes working with his receivers," nothing else really needs to be said. But, to say that Eli deserves more or less credit than Nicks for wanting to put some time in is a ridiculous concept.

RoanokeFan
06-30-2013, 02:43 PM
I get that. However, there's a tacit understanding that Eli is always willing to do so, even among his biggest and most vocal detractors. Other than a passing, "It's cool Eli likes working with his receivers," nothing else really needs to be said. But, to say that Eli deserves more or less credit than Nicks for wanting to put some time in is a ridiculous concept.

I did say "some" credit, not adulation. The same could be said for Nicks, or players who stayed in the area to work out locally.

GameTime
06-30-2013, 02:54 PM
I did say "some" credit, not adulation. The same could be said for Nicks, or players who stayed in the area to work out locally.
exactly right Ro........not "extra credit"....but they are all doing a bit extra.....whats the freaking prob with some of you???

Rudyy
06-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Nobody deserves anything extra. This is expected, this is their job.

GameTime
06-30-2013, 02:56 PM

bingo.....

EliDaMANning
06-30-2013, 03:43 PM
But, to say that Eli deserves more or less credit than Nicks for wanting to put some time in is a ridiculous concept.Nobody has made this claim once in thread. As a matter of fact it all started when DS said Eli and even the coaching staff deserve some credit for putting in more time.Notice how several people who went after DS conveniently ignored the part where he mentioned the coaches should get some credit too? It's quite obvious there are plenty of posters here still sensitive over Eli Manning. It's beyond sickening to have some sort of vendetta against him and any time someone makes a pro Eli comment. 5 pages later nobody even brought up DS mentioning how the coaches should get some credit. But if Eli is mentioned. Oh no, here come the assaults from the usual.

Drez
06-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Nobody has made this claim once in thread. As a matter of fact it all started when DS said Eli and even the coaching staff deserve some credit for putting in more time.Notice how several people who went after DS conveniently ignored the part where he mentioned the coaches should get some credit too? It's quite obvious there are plenty of posters here still sensitive over Eli Manning. It's beyond sickening to have some sort of vendetta against him and any time someone makes a pro Eli comment. 5 pages later nobody even brought up DS mentioning how the coaches should get some credit. But if Eli is mentioned. Oh no, here come the assaults from the usual.The coaches have nothing to do with what Eli and Nicks are doing, so there is no credit due to them. So, there's that.

And DS did in fact say that Eli should get credit instead of Nicks,
he's forcing Eli to add more of his time so that he can catch up. Nothing against nicks, but others should be commended instead, so there's that. That is the concept I'm saying is absolutely ridiculous. Should Nicks then get adulation for attending Eli's passing camp in the spring? I mean, it's not like he "had" to be there, and yet there was Eli "forcing" Nicks to put in extra work...

EliDaMANning
06-30-2013, 04:29 PM
You're right on that part but my main beef is how people completely ignored the coaching staff comments and went after any pro Eli comment, regardless if the coaching staff deserved credit or not.

Rudyy
06-30-2013, 04:35 PM
You're right on that part but my main beef is how people completely ignored the coaching staff comments and went after any pro Eli comment, regardless if the coaching staff deserved credit or not.The coaching staff getting credit doesn't make sense either.

DarkSaint
06-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Drez, there is nothing I said that was ridiculous, I think I brought up a pretty fair analogy. If the writer feels that he has to praise nicks for playing catchup that's one thing which I understand. Its like studying extra for missing a class, commendable, but so is your classmate who offers to help you with his notes and the professor who offers to stay after class to help. I don't know why this got so blown out of proportion, but all I said was that the author should have commended Eli and others (coaches) who are helping nicks catch up as well as nicks. I also understand that this isn't a big deal because Eli likes to play catch, but how many would have had the opposite reaction if there was an article praising Eli and the coaches for bringing nicks up to speed? when someone helps another get up to speed regardless if he likes to help or not should be commended and there is nothing ridiculous about it. This my final comment on this because I'm gassed trying to extrapolate my thoughts on this subject.I think im going to move to another thread.

TCHOF
06-30-2013, 05:25 PM

Exactly

Drez
06-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Drez, there is nothing I said that was ridiculous, I think I brought up a pretty fair analogy. If the writer feels that he has to praise nicks for playing catchup that's one thing which I understand. Its like studying extra for missing a class, commendable, but so is your classmate who offers to help you with his notes and the professor who offers to stay after class to help. I don't know why this got so blown out of proportion, but all I said was that the author should have commended Eli and others (coaches) who are helping nicks catch up as well as nicks. I also understand that this isn't a big deal because Eli likes to play catch, but how many would have had the opposite reaction if there was an article praising Eli and the coaches for bringing nicks up to speed? when someone helps another get up to speed regardless if he likes to help or not should be commended and there is nothing ridiculous about it. This my final comment on this because I'm gassed trying to extrapolate my thoughts on this subject.I think im going to move to another thread.Ohm Youngmisuk didn't praise Nicks for trying to catch up, he just simply reported that he and Eli were getting some work in together so Nicks could catch up. I suppose there was some praise at the end about Nicks running a football camp for kids, but that is removed from the commentary on Nicks and Eli working out together.

The coaches have nothing to do with what Eli and Nicks are currently doing, and in fact are expressly prevented from so doing by the CBA. They deserve no credit, they aren't doing anything.

The fact that there's no need to heap additional credit on Eli is that EVERYONE knows that Eli is all about doing things like this and even his loudest detractors frequently say how Eli is willing to go the extra mile. You saying that Eli deserves praise instead of Nicks is misplaced in the first because no one was praising Nicks, unless you construe people saying they were glad he wants to catch up as praise.

So, if Eli deserves praise for playing catch with Nicks now, does Nicks deserve praise for playing catch with Eli at the Manning Passing Academy earlier in the year? If your response to that is, "No, Nicks should be there/should want to be there," then you're being hypocritical.

giantsfan420
06-30-2013, 07:19 PM
The coaches have nothing to do with what Eli and Nicks are doing, so there is no credit due to them. So, there's that.

And DS did in fact say that Eli should get credit instead of Nicks, , so there's that. That is the concept I'm saying is absolutely ridiculous. Should Nicks then get adulation for attending Eli's passing camp in the spring? I mean, it's not like he "had" to be there, and yet there was Eli "forcing" Nicks to put in extra work...well to be fair, that is his opinion. he shared it. if u wanna disagree, fine. but some of the responses were just done to specifically instigate and troll...a couple posters literally even tried tattle telling on him or something by highlighting a comment he made, lol, dont need to add anything else.

giantsfan420
06-30-2013, 07:22 PM
Ohm Youngmisuk didn't praise Nicks for trying to catch up, he just simply reported that he and Eli were getting some work in together so Nicks could catch up. I suppose there was some praise at the end about Nicks running a football camp for kids, but that is removed from the commentary on Nicks and Eli working out together.

The coaches have nothing to do with what Eli and Nicks are currently doing, and in fact are expressly prevented from so doing by the CBA. They deserve no credit, they aren't doing anything.

The fact that there's no need to heap additional credit on Eli is that EVERYONE knows that Eli is all about doing things like this and even his loudest detractors frequently say how Eli is willing to go the extra mile. You saying that Eli deserves praise instead of Nicks is misplaced in the first because no one was praising Nicks, unless you construe people saying they were glad he wants to catch up as praise.

So, if Eli deserves praise for playing catch with Nicks now, does Nicks deserve praise for playing catch with Eli at the Manning Passing Academy earlier in the year? If your response to that is, "No, Nicks should be there/should want to be there," then you're being hypocritical.drez, i hope that our respectful history of conversing makes it clear i am not trying to disrespect you in the least.
but, darksaint just stated his opinion. granted, it might not make sense to everyone. he just stated something he thought. i understand stating why you disagree with it. which for the most part, is what most of the posters here have done. (not saying u did or didnt act in any sort of way, just a commentary) It just kinda seems like your taking it to the level that he shouldn't have even stated his opinion, primarily because you dont think its a fair one...thats a bit extreme imo. and i dont think thats what u mean to do but it is coming off that way.

B&RWarrior
06-30-2013, 07:29 PM
I don't think people get it. If a player misses a voluntary workout he doesn't have to catch up because it was voluntary. This thread is about a big bunch of nothing.

Whatever happens this year Nicks missing OTAs will not be a leading factor in the results we achieve.

Drez
06-30-2013, 07:39 PM
drez, i hope that our respectful history of conversing makes it clear i am not trying to disrespect you in the least.
but, darksaint just stated his opinion. granted, it might not make sense to everyone. he just stated something he thought. i understand stating why you disagree with it. which for the most part, is what most of the posters here have done. (not saying u did or didnt act in any sort of way, just a commentary) It just kinda seems like your taking it to the level that he shouldn't have even stated his opinion, primarily because you dont think its a fair one...thats a bit extreme imo. and i dont think thats what u mean to do but it is coming off that way.Saying that Eli should be commended instead of Nicks (which mind you no one really did, particularly the writer of the article), because Eli is putting extra time in is a ridiculous position to take. I'm not saying he shouldn't say it, but it really didn't need to be said. Everyone knows that Eli is a hard worker willing to do whatever it takes to help his teammates get better. All this thread needed to be was an "atta boy" thread for Nicks and Eli getting some work in.

Primarily my issue with his statement, since I probably wasn't quite clear enough, is there is a difference between saying "It's awesome that Eli is willing to put extra work in with Nicks," and saying that Eli should be commended for going above and beyond before/instead of Nicks (though no one was doing more than saying "atta boy").

Drez
06-30-2013, 07:41 PM
I don't think people get it. If a player misses a voluntary workout he doesn't have to catch up because it was voluntary. This thread is about a big bunch of nothing.

Whatever happens this year Nicks missing OTAs will not be a leading factor in the results we achieve.You are wrong on that. There is coaching being done at those voluntary workouts.

gumby74
06-30-2013, 08:25 PM
I can't believe Drez is getting any sort of heat from all this. He's one of the biggest Eli fans around here.

Drez
06-30-2013, 08:33 PM
I can't believe Drez is getting any sort of heat from all this. He's one of the biggest Eli fans around here.Even though I am a self-admitted Eli fan, I do try and be reasonable. At least most of the time, lol.

GameTime
06-30-2013, 09:50 PM
Eli homers STFU....please.
Giants fans vs Eli STFU...
the team, players, QB, WR, etc got together and did some extra work>>>>BFD...

Everybody calm the **** down already.......

gumby74
06-30-2013, 09:57 PM
In spirit of some of the things that have been said recently, I quote, "Cry more bro."

:) I'm kidding.

DarkSaint
06-30-2013, 10:05 PM
I wanted to end this but I guess people are going to continue to be obtuse and keep dragging this on, what's so hypocritical drez? When did I not give credit for nicks working with Eli earlier this off season? Or say he doesn't deserve credit for that? Please stop putting words in my mouth. How is that relevant in this thread? So you can take that hypocritical comment and sit on it. I tried to be civil and polite in expressing myself and you have been self projecting your ridiculousness and hypocrisy on me. The first sentence is this story "Hakeem Nicks has been trying to make up for lost time this offseason by working out with Eli Manning."who is making up for lost time? Nicks? Who is helping him? Eli. So who deserves more credit? Eli. It doesn't take a genius to see where I'm coming from but I may have given you too much credit.

Drez
06-30-2013, 10:36 PM
I wanted to end this but I guess people are going to continue to be obtuse and keep dragging this on, what's so hypocritical drez? When did I not give credit for nicks working with Eli earlier this off season? Or say he doesn't deserve credit for that? Please stop putting words in my mouth. How is that relevant in this thread? So you can take that hypocritical comment and sit on it. I tried to be civil and polite in expressing myself and you have been self projecting your ridiculousness and hypocrisy on me. The first sentence is this story "Hakeem Nicks has been trying to make up for lost time this offseason by working out with Eli Manning."who is making up for lost time? Nicks? Who is helping him? Eli. So who deserves more credit? Eli. It doesn't take a genius to see where I'm coming from but I may have given you too much credit.Who was giving Nicks credit for anything?