PDA

View Full Version : Blog Bits: TE Brandon Myers

RoanokeFan
07-01-2013, 09:59 AM
http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6316

Excerpt: "In this entry, we hear from Myers, who figures to play a huge role in the Giantsí offense this season, and who got some work at the fullback spot.

Q: Is this your first time working at fullback?
No, I played it a few times when guys (in Oakland) went down. I mostly played it when I was backing up guys, but I didnít play it last year.

Q: Whatís the biggest difference to go back and play that position as far as the technique asked in this offense?
A: The biggest difference would be, well you have to know two positions so sometimes it gets confusing when things run together, and maybe the different calls where on this call you have this guy and on another call you have another guy. So itís the little things Ė itís not the physical things. Itís more the assignment. You are in the backfield so you have a bigger perspective of whatís in front of you vs. when youíre up on the line and you have just a part of it in front of you.

Thereís a different technique when youíre at fullback compared to the Y (tight end). You have to make sure you step with the right foot, donít waste any motion, and keep your pad level low. Youíre thought of more as the lead blocker so you better get your guy out of the way." Read more...

GameTime
07-01-2013, 11:57 AM
cool....versitility is a good thing

BigBlue1971
07-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Myers is proving to be an upgrade already over Marty B.

playing another position in the offense is huge. especially one where your main guy is down.

this could be a great signing.