PDA

View Full Version : LB Aaron Curry: "I'll Be Ready Whenever They Call My Number"

RoanokeFan
07-01-2013, 03:00 PM
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/lb_aaron_curry_is_hungry_to_get_his_career_on_trac k_ill_be_ready_whenever_they_call_my_number/13948906

Excerpt: "Aaron Curry was believed to be the best linebacker available in the 2009 NFL Draft. He was considered a ‘safe pick’ and there was an argument for the No. 1 pick overall.

Curry ended up being drafted fourth overall by the Seattle Seahawks in the 2009 NFL Draft.

He spent three year underachieving with the Seahawks until he was traded to the Oakland Raiders in 2011 in exchange for a seventh-round draft pick in 2012 and a conditional pick in 2013.

Quite a fall from grace, but after languishing in Oakland for a year, the New York Giants threw him a rope to save his career.

Curry admits attitude problems and not taking care of his body contributed to his poor performance in the past, but he has a sense of urgency knowing this could be his final shot to show the ability that made him the most sought after LB just a few years ago coming out of college." Read more...

egyptian420
07-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Would be one great comeback story on America's Game 2013 NYG edition :cool:

GameTime
07-01-2013, 03:05 PM
hope he just has his **** together and is hungry to have success.

RoanokeFan
07-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Could he be the next Kawika Mitchell or Antonio Pierce?

embeshAtYa
07-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Would be nice if he turned it around. I gota say, Not gona get my hopes up

RoanokeFan
07-01-2013, 03:14 PM
You have to give the guy credit for admitting he meesed up early on in his career.

GameTime
07-01-2013, 03:24 PM
You have to give the guy credit for admitting he meesed up early on in his career.
thats what worries me....he has gotten to the point where the pressure he originally felt is gone. Hope he is still hungry.
I am always warry of players that have the "game doesnt define who I am" attitude. IMO it would be hard to care 100% how you play then....

RoanokeFan
07-01-2013, 03:26 PM
thats what worries me....he has gotten to the point where the pressure he originally felt is gone. Hope he is still hungry.
I am always warry of players that have the "game doesnt define who I am" attitude. IMO it would be hard to care 100% how you play then....

Maybe the only one he's trying to prove anything to is himself.

GameTime
07-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Maye the only one he's trying to prove anything to is himself.

lets hope so.....

RoanokeFan
07-01-2013, 03:36 PM
lets hope so.....

It really is going to be a competitive training camp

GameTime
07-01-2013, 03:39 PM
It really is going to be a competitive training camp
It is and that will fun to keep track of. Actually so many spots on the team too.
LB, DL, DE (to a degree), RT, G, CB, SS, 3rdWR, TE, 3rd RB, 2ndQB, K,

TCHOF
07-01-2013, 03:49 PM

Except that neither of them performed poorly before they came here because of "attitude problems" and a failure to take care of their bodies (i.e., general laziness).

A leopard rarely changes his spots. It can happen, but it's rare . . . . . .

RoanokeFan
07-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Except that neither of them performed poorly before they came here because of "attitude problems" and a failure to take care of their bodies (i.e., general laziness).

A leopard rarely changes his spots. It can happen, but it's rare . . . . . .

Always putting the positive spin on things lol

TheAnalyst
07-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Sad to ask this, but who was better for their team, Clint Sintim or Aaron Curry?

egyptian420
07-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Sad to ask this, but who was better for their team, Clint Sintim or Aaron Curry?Well Sintim did nothing so Curry wins by default, he at least played to somewhat of a degree but fell way too short of expectations.

Buddy333
07-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Interesting to see what happens. He says he wasn't focused. Maybe he sees this as a second chance at a pay day.

TheAnalyst
07-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Well Sintim did nothing so Curry wins by default, he at least played to somewhat of a degree but fell way too short of expectations.

You have to be pretty bad though to be traded for a 7th round pick 3 years after being drafted #4 overall. The only reason he did more then Sintim was because he was forced into the starting LB spot.

miked1958
07-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Could he be the next Kawika Mitchell or Antonio Pierce?that would be a Hugh plus if we can get that type production

GameTime
07-01-2013, 04:23 PM
You have to be pretty bad though to be traded for a 7th round pick 3 years after being drafted #4 overall. The only reason he did more then Sintim was because he was forced into the starting LB spot.
doesnt matter anymore....
lets see what he can do now.....

RoanokeFan
07-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Sad to ask this, but who was better for their team, Clint Sintim or Aaron Curry?

Trick question? :rolleyes:

RoanokeFan
07-01-2013, 04:27 PM
that would be a Hugh plus if we can get that type production

No joke

egyptian420
07-01-2013, 04:37 PM
You have to be pretty bad though to be traded for a 7th round pick 3 years after being drafted #4 overall. The only reason he did more then Sintim was because he was forced into the starting LB spot.And that's why we got him for next to nothing, it's a low risk/high reward deal.

giantscolombia
07-01-2013, 04:57 PM
He wants that ring...

giantsfan420
07-01-2013, 05:08 PM
i've said my piece on this guy too many times i bet some of u feel but i just cant help bein excited bc i think this guy is gonna play like the player envisioned when drafted, and not the bust he's been up to this point.

he's gonna help set the edge vs the run, and i know he's not great in pass coverage but compared to some of the guys we've fielded historically, he'll look like a natural out there. really expecting big time things from him

Antwuan
07-01-2013, 05:32 PM
I hope Aaron Curry turns into a beast for us.

TCHOF
07-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Always putting the positive spin on things lol

I do not deal well with disppointment so I try to manage expectations . . . . ;)

JesseJames
07-01-2013, 06:27 PM
I try not to get myself worked up over reclamation projects like Curry because we see so many of these guys who never make it back to what they were or hoped to be, but, I think if Curry can turn things around for himself and become the player he was supposed to be when he was drafted then I think he could turn things around for our defense and our LBers...

memfist.ten
07-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Sigh..I miss Antonio, seems like a looong time ago.
I really hope Michael Clarke Duncan...I mean Aaron Curry plays lights Out!!

"Take my hand boss & see for yourself."-Green Mile

titwio
07-01-2013, 07:06 PM
"I'll be ready" was also the theme song to Baywatch.

Isn't the offseason a blast....

C1010
07-01-2013, 07:32 PM
I really hope he gets a chance and proves everyone wrong.

joemorrisforprez
07-02-2013, 12:02 AM
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/lb_aaron_curry_is_hungry_to_get_his_career_on_trac k_ill_be_ready_whenever_they_call_my_number/13948906

Excerpt: "Aaron Curry was believed to be the best linebacker available in the 2009 NFL Draft. He was considered a ‘safe pick’ and there was an argument for the No. 1 pick overall.

Curry ended up being drafted fourth overall by the Seattle Seahawks in the 2009 NFL Draft.

He spent three year underachieving with the Seahawks until he was traded to the Oakland Raiders in 2011 in exchange for a seventh-round draft pick in 2012 and a conditional pick in 2013.

Quite a fall from grace, but after languishing in Oakland for a year, the New York Giants threw him a rope to save his career.

Curry admits attitude problems and not taking care of his body contributed to his poor performance in the past, but he has a sense of urgency knowing this could be his final shot to show the ability that made him the most sought after LB just a few years ago coming out of college." Read more...

I wish him the best of luck.....we are going to need him to step up bigtime because we don't have many other options.

appodictic
07-02-2013, 01:32 AM
Wasn't the broken jaw injury, prone, line backer dude from last year supposed to be our diamond in the rough guy? Sorry I feel like I have heard this song before. I think its called "linebacker lotto" by Jerry Reese and the Fewel sisters

giantsfan420
07-02-2013, 02:45 AM
Keith Rivers was by far our most athletic, capable LB last year when he was on the field. you could visibly see him move smoother and just look more natural as a LB than the other LBs we fielded. he got hurt. ok. he's recovered. and injury prones a strong suggestion. is sean lee injury prone for getting his jaw broken by seattle seahawks WR Tate? He too also had that forearm issue. Should the Cowboys feel negatively about Lee? I have no doubt whatsoever that Rivers is the least of our worries as a LB when on the field, granted, it'd be great if he could give us a complete season, but the jury is still out on the Rivers addition...

miked1958
07-02-2013, 03:43 AM
He wants that ring...yep and he has a lot to prove. Wants to try and live up to that number 4 overall pick status..

Captain Chaos
07-02-2013, 06:07 AM

Not if the team you are trading to picks up that big contract....

Hopefully the guy just grew up and realized who and what he actually is...

B&RWarrior
07-02-2013, 10:10 AM

AP was an overachiever with mediocre athleticism. I would be happy with Kawika-like production. I think expecting AP-like production is expecting too much. This guy has had trouble motivating himself, let alone motivating his teammates like AP did.

RoanokeFan
07-02-2013, 10:16 AM
AP was an overachiever with mediocre athleticism. I would be happy with Kawika-like production. I think expecting AP-like production is expecting too much. This guy has had trouble motivating himself, let alone motivating his teammates like AP did.

The team of second chances....

TheAnalyst
07-02-2013, 10:30 AM
Hopefully the guy just grew up and realized who and what he actually is...

Would be nice, but I hope the Giants aren't counting on it. I don't see him doing much more then what Clint did here. A spot backup STer.

B&RWarrior
07-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Would be nice, but I hope the Giants aren't counting on it. I don't see him doing much more then what Clint did here. A spot backup STer.

Damn, did you really have to compare him to Clint? I expect more than that.

TheAnalyst
07-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Damn, did you really have to compare him to Clint? I expect more than that.

I really dont... unfortunately. He has to prove he wants to play. I am willing to say he has more talent then Sintim, but Clint at least gave the effort to try to be his best. I think he was the wrong fit for us.

TCHOF
07-02-2013, 11:21 AM
I really dont... unfortunately. He has to prove he wants to play. I am willing to say he has more talent then Sintim, but Clint at least gave the effort to try to be his best. I think he was the wrong fit for us.

Sintim's effort was questioned while he was here.

B&RWarrior
07-02-2013, 11:27 AM

I think he's a LB we got for a discount that has proven he plays the run well, but isn't great in coverage.

I noticed a trend. Curry, Patterson, Hank, Connors, and Rogers are all known for run defense. I think we made up our mind not to let the Skins, among other teams, blast us like they did last year.

TheAnalyst
07-02-2013, 11:43 AM
I think he's a LB we got for a discount that has proven he plays the run well, but isn't great in coverage.

I noticed a trend. Curry, Patterson, Hank, Connors, and Rogers are all known for run defense. I think we made up our mind not to let the Skins, among other teams, blast us like they did last year.

That would be nice. We got steam rolled last year.

Harooni
07-02-2013, 07:19 PM
he has a 85 speed in madden , just saying.