PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network Lists Frank Gifford Most Underrated Giant, Tiki Barber Most Overrated

RoanokeFan
07-02-2013, 06:34 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2013/07/02/nfl-network-lists-frank-gifford-as-most-underrated-tiki-barber-as-most-overrated-new-york-giants/

Excerpt: "NFL (http://www.giants101.com/tag/nfl/) Network has been running a recent series naming all 32 teams' most underrated and overrated players. On Tuesday, it was the New York Giants' turn (http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-giants/0ap2000000210346/New-York-Giants-Most-underrated-overrated-players-of-all-time).

Hall of Fame running back Frank Gifford (http://www.giants101.com/tag/frank-gifford/) was named Big Blue's most underrated player of all-time, while running back Tiki Barber (http://www.giants101.com/tag/tiki-barber/) was listed as their most overrated." Read more...

EDIT:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-giants/0ap2000000210346/New-York-Giants-Most-underrated-overrated-players-of-all-time

Rudyy
07-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Lolz @Harooni.

RoanokeFan
07-02-2013, 06:37 PM
I think the Tiki pick is off myself. He did a lot for this team on the field.

Rudyy
07-02-2013, 06:47 PM
I think the Tiki pick is off myself. He did a lot for this team on the field.Yeah. He was a ******, but that doesn't make him overrated.

RoanokeFan
07-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Yeah. He was a ******, but that doesn't make him overrated.

You know what they say about opinions

jomo
07-02-2013, 06:50 PM
I think Tiki is rated about right. He is considered one the very best Giants RB's ever but no one includes him in a discussion of the legendary league greats.

RoanokeFan
07-02-2013, 06:52 PM
I think Tiki is rated about right. He is considered one the very best Giants RB's ever but no one includes him in a discussion of the legendary league greats.

Sometimes it's hard to separate the player from the person and that might be the case here. I liked Otis Anderson pretty much, but to rate him above Tiki as this guy does?????

King Sully
07-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Tiki is underrated, and I'm not afraid to say it, he CARRIED the team from the early 2000's right up until Eli really took over the reigns of the offense.

Giantz4Life
07-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Tiki is underrated, and I'm not afraid to say it, he CARRIED the team from the early 2000's right up until Eli really took over the reigns of the offense.

+1

IMO, I'd put Shockey as the No 1 overrated

RoanokeFan
07-02-2013, 07:02 PM
+1

IMO, I'd put Shockey as the No 1 overrated

Shockey is the all time 2nd Giants'TE behind Mark Bavaro

jomo
07-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Sometimes it's hard to separate the player from the person and that might be the case here. I liked Otis Anderson pretty much, but to rate him above Tiki as this guy does?????Anderson is a special situation though since most of his accomplishments and prime years were played elsewhere. As a result we might not fully appreciate him. He was one hell of a back.

Giantz4Life
07-02-2013, 07:06 PM

Stat-wise yes, but I never felt like Shockey was a true Giant. He was a first round pick - never had a 1,000 yard season, never finished a full season... He was the definition of a cancer during his last years with us, and Kevin Boss was able to slide right in after he got hurt and produce.We didn't miss a beat with Shockey out of the line-up. That's why I say he is overrated.

*Edit - also after he left the Giants he went on to do absolutely nothing besides score a 1 yd TD in the SB. Even with Drew Brees throwing to him he wasn't a factor.

Buddy333
07-02-2013, 07:14 PM
You can dislike what he said after he retired, but Tiki was a great player.

TheEnigma
07-02-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm not sure who really has been overrating Tiki but I feel he gets the correct amount of recognition for what he brought to us. Leonard Marshall or Y.A. Tittle is still my choice for most underrated.

RoanokeFan
07-02-2013, 07:34 PM

This is an opinion about the Giants most over and underrated. I don't think Tiki belongs in either category.

RoanokeFan
07-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Anderson is a special situation though since most of his accomplishments and prime years were played elsewhere. As a result we might not fully appreciate him. He was one hell of a back.
I wish Otis was still playing but I don't think he played here long enough to be considered

TCHOF
07-02-2013, 07:39 PM

Which means only that the Giants haven't had a lot of great TE's.

Shockey was not only one of the most overrated players in Giants history, he was one of the most overrated players in league history. It's really a shame, because after his rookie year I expected him to waltz right into the HOF . . . .

jomo
07-02-2013, 07:42 PM
I wish Otis was still playing but I don't think he played here long enough to be consideredSorry RF, just suffering from another travel hangover. Having now actually read the article I can offer the following. The writer uses his reference point as follows: because he (the reporter) felt that Barber wasn't as dominant a running back as he was made out to be. "Made out to be" by who? No thinking person considers Tiki a dominant back for his career but for those few presciousl years he certainly was dominant. I don't even know how to react beyond that.

As a frequent ctitic of Tiki's I still believe that his rep here and with fans is about right. He is not overrated imo.

gmen0820
07-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Tiki Barber? Wow, I completely disagree.

RoanokeFan
07-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Sorry RF, just suffering from another travel hangover. Having now actually read the article I can offer the following. The writer uses his reference point as follows: because he (the reporter) felt that Barber wasn't as dominant a running back as he was made out to be. "Made out to be" by who? No thinking person considers Tiki a dominant back for his career but for those few presciousl years he certainly was dominant. I don't even know how to react beyond that.

As a frequent ctitic of Tiki's I still believe that his rep here and with fans is about right. He is not overrated imo.

+1

GameTime
07-02-2013, 07:47 PM
no matter who was chosen there would be debate.

TheEnigma
07-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Tiki Barber? Wow, I completely disagree.

It feels like piling on a guy who is already at an extreme low to me.

RoanokeFan
07-02-2013, 07:52 PM
no matter who was chosen there would be debate.

Ya think?

gmen0820
07-02-2013, 07:55 PM
It feels like piling on a guy who is already at an extreme low to me.Every offseason it's something with Tiki. After we missed the playoffs in 2009 and 2010, he called Coughlin out. 2011, SB victory. He, with no success, attempts a comeback last year. Now this.

I don't mind that he's become the butt of jokes, but I just don't agree with this.

Roosevelt
07-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Random comments:

Nice block by a hustling Rosie Brown on Frank's first run.

Frank's a HOF'er, how can he be underrated?

Tiki's the most hated Giant, how can he be overrated?

John Mendenhall was underrated. Phil Simms was underrated - as SI picked him as the most underrated player of all time some years ago.

Corey Webster is overrated. Chris Canty was overrated. Dave Brown was overrated by George Young.

joemorrisforprez
07-02-2013, 08:51 PM

Agreed. There were more than a few games when he carried the entire offense.

Eliscruzzz
07-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Tiki being overrated is blasphemy...

Delicreep
07-02-2013, 09:13 PM
The Tiki thing seems like the writers went out of their way to come up with a justification for taking a shot at him. Tiki garnered respect during his career, but outside of this board, I am not sure he ever seen as dominant.
He carried the team at times, but I am not sure that earned him a widespread rating as dominant.

As for Frank...you get in the HOF, you kinda have to let the "underrated" thing go. I would think that the writer would have instantly thought of non-HOF QB Phil SImms and went that way.

Morehead State
07-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Tiki being overrated is blasphemy...
Tiki is a lot of things...many of them not so great. But "overrated" is most certainly not one of those things.

IamGiantsfan
07-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Random comments:

You can be a HOF while being underrated =P

Roosevelt
07-02-2013, 09:42 PM
You can be a HOF while being underrated =P

Yes, being honored for being amongst the finest is certainly not enough.

Providence
07-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Random comments:

Tiki's the most hated Giant, how can he be overrated?

John Mendenhall was underrated. Phil Simms was underrated - as SI picked him as the most underrated player of all time some years ago.

Corey Webster is overrated. Chris Canty was overrated. Dave Brown was overrated by George Young.

Well said on Gifford. The dude's in the HOF for crying out loud.

No way Tiki is overrated. If anything he is underrated, his legacy marred by his close to and post-retirement statements/behaviors.

Redeyejedi
07-02-2013, 10:37 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2013/07/02/nfl-network-lists-frank-gifford-as-most-underrated-tiki-barber-as-most-overrated-new-york-giants/

Excerpt: "NFL (http://www.giants101.com/tag/nfl/) Network has been running a recent series naming all 32 teams' most underrated and overrated players. On Tuesday, it was the New York Giants' turn (http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-giants/0ap2000000210346/New-York-Giants-Most-underrated-overrated-players-of-all-time).

Hall of Fame running back Frank Gifford (http://www.giants101.com/tag/frank-gifford/) was named Big Blue's most underrated player of all-time, while running back Tiki Barber (http://www.giants101.com/tag/tiki-barber/) was listed as their most overrated." Read more...

EDIT:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-giants/0ap2000000210346/New-York-Giants-Most-underrated-overrated-players-of-all-time

Leaving your pregnant wife doesnt make you an overrated football player. The run he had at the end of his career was as productive as any RB , all time. With some of the guys they let in the Hallof Fame he should be in.

Tiki averaged over his career 1000 yards rushing and 500 receiving a season thats productive as hell

Gmen2005
07-02-2013, 10:52 PM
He's still one of my favorite players of all time. I completely disagree with him being overrated.

joemorrisforprez
07-02-2013, 10:53 PM

Agreed.....best field vision of any Giants RB I've ever seen.

Sounds like he wasn't a great teammate, which is most likely the reason he's getting knocked.

joemorrisforprez
07-02-2013, 10:57 PM
George Young deserves a look as the most overrated Giant....

He almost fired Parcells his rookie year.
Parcells, Belichick, and Coughlin waltzed out the door while he was GM; picked Ray Handley instead.
Pushed Simms out the door so Dave Brown could destroy the offense.
Had opportunities to bring Parcells back, but refused.
Completely lost under salary cap era.
String of 1st round busts in the 1990's.

joemorrisforprez
07-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Most underrated: The Great Joe Morris.

Roosevelt
07-02-2013, 11:07 PM
George Young deserves a look as the most overrated Giant....

He almost fired Parcells his rookie year.
Parcells, Belichick, and Coughlin waltzed out the door while he was GM; picked Ray Handley instead.
Pushed Simms out the door so Dave Brown could destroy the offense.
Had opportunities to bring Parcells back, but refused.
Completely lost under salary cap era.
String of 1st round busts in the 1990's.

As much good as George did, this is all true.

Roosevelt
07-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Most underrated: The Great Joe Morris.

Little Joe was amazing for us.

zimonami
07-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Well said on Gifford. The dude's in the HOF for crying out loud.

No way Tiki is overrated. If anything he is underrated, his legacy marred by his close to and post-retirement statements/behaviors.I think Gif got the nod here only because it's been 50 years and memories are short. He was a revered Giant in his time... how is that underrated?
Since watching the Gmen in '58, I think Tiki has been our best RB. He was consistently good... carrying, receiving, and he blocked decently.

Morris was a bit underrated, but he had some of the biggest holes you could ever imagine with that '85, '86 line.
George had a checkered career. Got credit for Simms, Parcells, and a great staff, but all the mentioned points against him are very true. Hated Free agency, so he ignored it for the most part.
Most underrated, IMO, Mendenhall. Had the most incredible motor, from snap to whistle he was perpetual motion... incredible effort and heart... but, he was a tad smaller than you'd like and didn't get the accolades from sports writers,.. but the fans and his peers knew he was the real deal.

Harooni
07-02-2013, 11:52 PM
tiki the most overated Giant? oh please I can name at least 5

Harooni
07-03-2013, 12:10 AM
for 6 years as a starter Tiki had averaged almost 2000 all purpose yards a season. how is that overrated???

Dorothy
07-03-2013, 12:33 AM
Jj[QUOTE=joemorrisforprez;796569]Most underrated: Amini Toomer

giantsfan420
07-03-2013, 12:52 AM
for 6 years as a starter Tiki had averaged almost 2000 all purpose yards a season. how is that overrated???because all those yards didnt amount to team success. the SB he played in, he was young and a part of the cog not the cog. those 5 yrs, (his final 5 yrs btw), he did rack up yardage but it didnt really amount to anything...keep in mind im just tryin to explain their POV i dont subscribe to it. I think that people feel Barber should have had the success he did those final few yrs much much earlier, and questioned if the reason it took so long was a work ethic/attitude issue.

i also feel that people prob dont hold him in a great light bc the #1 Tiki supporter is Tiki. hes one of the greatest rbs ever, he'll tell ya so. and people dont appreciate that i guess?

TheAussieGiant
07-03-2013, 02:17 AM
I think it just goes to show how closely the NYG fans scrutinize their players. I find it hard to think of anyone that is really overrated as a Giant. As for Frank Gifford being underrated, how can a hall of famer be underrated?

Antwuan
07-03-2013, 02:18 AM
Tiki Barber Is One Of The Greatest New York Giants Of All Time.

BlueSanta
07-03-2013, 05:57 AM
because all those yards didnt amount to team success. the SB he played in, he was young and a part of the cog not the cog. those 5 yrs, (his final 5 yrs btw), he did rack up yardage but it didnt really amount to anything...keep in mind im just tryin to explain their POV i dont subscribe to it. I think that people feel Barber should have had the success he did those final few yrs much much earlier, and questioned if the reason it took so long was a work ethic/attitude issue.

i also feel that people prob dont hold him in a great light bc the #1 Tiki supporter is Tiki. hes one of the greatest rbs ever, he'll tell ya so. and people dont appreciate that i guess?

You could make the same point about Barry Sanders, who is the best back I have ever seen. Despite all his yards, it never manifested into championships.

I know your just being the messenger here and I am not killing you for it, but the opinion that you are carrying around in your message bag is a silly 1.

nygfanmaybe
07-03-2013, 06:19 AM
Tiki is overrated...but not by many. There is this MB...and then there is Tiki himself...and that's about it.

Morehead State
07-03-2013, 07:37 AM
To me...the most underrated Giant of all time was Erik Howard.
THAT was a great Giant! And made one of the great defensive plays in Giants history that led us to a SB win.

Buddy333
07-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Not liked after he retired would be accurate than over rated. Although most people have gotten over it as it seems Eli has.

Morehead State
07-03-2013, 08:21 AM
You could make the same point about Barry Sanders, who is the best back I have ever seen. Despite all his yards, it never manifested into championships.

I know your just being the messenger here and I am not killing you for it, but the opinion that you are carrying around in your message bag is a silly 1.
Not to mention that Tiki single handedly saved TC's job at the end of the 06 season.

bigblue58
07-03-2013, 08:42 AM
You know what they say about opinions

Yep...opinions are like *******s....everybody has one.....unless you're Mike Francesa and then you have two opinions....one for the prediction he made prior to the game and another once he hears the outcome and denies he made the first one!!

GameTime
07-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Not to mention that Tiki single handedly saved TC's job at the end of the 06 season.
and vice versa when he taught Tikli how to hold a football

foosball
07-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Tiki has been a sleeze for most of his retirement, that being said come on. He was NOT over rated. He was damn good.

Morehead State
07-03-2013, 09:29 AM
and vice versa when he taught Tikli how to hold a football
I love it when everybody wins. Don't you?

TheAnalyst
07-03-2013, 09:46 AM
I hated Tiki for what he said many times, but no way is he the most overrated Giants player of all time. Not even close.

He won many games for us by himself in the early Eli era. He also saved TCs job when we played that last game vs Oakland and the game vs Washington. Without Tiki, Coughlin was gone in 06 and we most likely dont win 2 SB rings. Lets not forget his stats the last 5 years of his career. They rival stats of any RB in the history of the NFL over a 5 year period.

YATittle1962
07-03-2013, 11:01 AM
now....I'm no Tiki lover.....but overrated?.....pure silliness

Gifford.... underrated?.....he is arguably the most celebrated sports figure in NY sports history......he is working to this day because of his fame as #16
he was the golden boy of NY and celebrated for decades after his playing career

these guys have no clue ....obviously

Morehead State
07-03-2013, 11:02 AM
now....I'm no Tiki lover.....but overrated?.....pure silliness

Gifford.... underrated?.....he is arguably the most celebrated sports figure in NY sports history......he is working to this day because of his fame as #16
he was the golden boy of NY and celebrated for decades after his playing career

these guys have no clue ....obviously
I think the whole thing wasn't so much "underrated" and "overrated".
It seems it was more "who do we like the most" and "who do we dislike the most"

YATittle1962
07-03-2013, 11:03 AM
I think the whole thing wasn't so much "underrated" and "overrated".
It seems it was more "who do we like the most" and "who do we dislike the most"

yeah....kinda like HOF voting

Morehead State
07-03-2013, 11:05 AM
yeah....kinda like HOF voting
Tiki may have been a dope at the end, but he was a heck of a football player, and played his *** off every play. Not to mention all the off season training he did to be the very best player he could be.

YATittle1962
07-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Tiki may have been a dope at the end, but he was a heck of a football player, and played his *** off every play. Not to mention all the off season training he did to be the very best player he could be.

Tiki carried horrible teams on his back

overrated my ***

TheAnalyst
07-03-2013, 11:16 AM

This is all I need to see:

His LAST 5 years: Rush / Rec
2002- 16 GAMES 1387yds 4.6ypc 11TDs / 69rec 597yds
2003- 16 GAMES 1216yds 4.4ypc 2TDs / 69rec 461yds
2004- 16 GAMES 1518yds 4.7ypc 13TDs / 52rec 578yds
2005- 16 GAMES 1860yds 5.2ypc 9TDs / 54rec 530yds
2006- 16 GAMES 1662yds 5.1ypc 5TDs / 58rec 465yds

over 10K career rushing yards and over 5K receiving yards.

Imagine if he didnt retire at 31? He got better with age.

JJC7301
07-03-2013, 12:20 PM
+1. Tiki was an excellent Giant for many years. And I find it hard to believe that Gifford is considered "underrated" because he's always mentioned with the all time Giants greats.

Mercury
07-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Trench guys are always the most under-rated un-glorified positions, so the most under-rated player would be a guy like Erik Howard, Jim Burt, David Diehl, Bart Oates, etc.

I agree with the poster who said Shockey was the most over-rated. After a great rookie year, he wasn't anything special. But the all time most over-rated Giant is Jonas Seawright!!!

B&RWarrior
07-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Tiki Barber is the best back in Giants history. Otis Anderson? I love Otis but you have got to be kidding me. Another NFL.com rating gone bad. With Sapp telling me why Rice was better than Stray, those awful top 100 rankings, and now this I find NFL.com good for stats only.

Dorothy
07-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Tiki Barber is the best back in Giants history. Otis Anderson? I love Otis but you have got to be kidding me. Another NFL.com rating gone bad. With Sapp telling me why Rice was better than Stray, those awful top 100 rankings, and now this I find NFL.com good for stats only.

Can't watch them anymore, they are so bias in their opinion of almost any Giant.

Big Blue57
07-03-2013, 01:34 PM
I agree!!

Big Blue57
07-03-2013, 01:37 PM
This is all I need to see:

His LAST 5 years: Rush / Rec
2002- 16 GAMES 1387yds 4.6ypc 11TDs / 69rec 597yds
2003- 16 GAMES 1216yds 4.4ypc 2TDs / 69rec 461yds
2004- 16 GAMES 1518yds 4.7ypc 13TDs / 52rec 578yds
2005- 16 GAMES 1860yds 5.2ypc 9TDs / 54rec 530yds
2006- 16 GAMES 1662yds 5.1ypc 5TDs / 58rec 465yds

over 10K career rushing yards and over 5K receiving yards.

Imagine if he didnt retire at 31? He got better with age.
No other NYG running back posted numbers even close to those. It's time to "let bye gones be bye gones" and give this guy the credit he deserves!

TheAnalyst
07-03-2013, 01:39 PM
No NYG back never posted numbers even close to those. It's time to "let bye gones be bye gones" and give this guy the credit he deserves!

I always gave him NFL player credit, just not human being credit. Lets face it, he is a ******bag.

Kruunch
07-03-2013, 01:39 PM

Seriously.

Maybe he was including broadcasting careers ... ?

Kruunch
07-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Overrated Giants (past decade):

Shockey (for the hype he got)
Rolle (considering the money)
Luke Petitgout
Lavarr Arrington

Underrated:

David Diehl (5th round draft pick guys)
Madison Hedge**** (heck of a blocker)
Jim Finn (see Hedge**** plus he could run)
Dan Campbell
Joe Jurivicious
David Tyree (one of the best gunners in the NFL his entire career)
Nick Griesen (the original Blackburn)
Fred Robbins
Gibril Wilson

Redeyejedi
07-03-2013, 06:56 PM
No other NYG running back posted numbers even close to those. It's time to "let bye gones be bye gones" and give this guy the credit he deserves!
No other Giant RB there is only 1 other back that put up those numbers Marshall Faulk. Marcus Allen is another that has 10,000 and 5,000 but he played 16 seasons. If Marcus Allen is in the Hall of Fame Tiki should be. Allen is so overrated. 3 1000 yard seasons ,All in his first 4 years.Then he just played a long time after that

Allen 16 seasons 12243 rushing 5411 receiving
Barber 10 seasons 10149 rushing 5183 receiving
Faulk 12 seasons 12279 rushing 6879 receiving

joemorrisforprez
07-03-2013, 07:13 PM
To me...the most underrated Giant of all time was Erik Howard.
THAT was a great Giant! And made one of the great defensive plays in Giants history that led us to a SB win.

Howard was certainly a very good player for the G-Men.

JayMas9
07-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Tiki pick is terrible for overrated. For three years he was the 2nd best back in the league behind BLT, and it could have been argued more versatile.

joemorrisforprez
07-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Tiki pick is terrible for overrated. For three years he was the 2nd best back in the league behind BLT, and it could have been argued more versatile.

Agreed.....Tiki was alot of things.....overrated was not one of them. This offense would be absolutely sick if we had a guy like Tiki in his prime.

B&RWarrior
07-04-2013, 12:13 AM
No other Giant RB there is only 1 other back that put up those numbers Marshall Faulk. Marcus Allen is another that has 10,000 and 5,000 but he played 16 seasons. If Marcus Allen is in the Hall of Fame Tiki should be. Allen is so overrated. 3 1000 yard seasons ,All in his first 4 years.Then he just played a long time after that

Allen 16 seasons 12243 rushing 5411 receiving
Barber 10 seasons 10149 rushing 5183 receiving
Faulk 12 seasons 12279 rushing 6879 receiving

Allen's numbers would have been way better had Al Davis not tried to ruin his career. Allen is a legitimate HOFer as is Tiki if he makes it.

BROADWAYSTORM
07-04-2013, 01:25 AM
Like it or not Tiki is the greatest offensive player in the history of the Giants and the only other player who touches him is Eli. And that's only because he's a QB and has more of a high profile position and more opportunity to do so. He was a Marshal Faulk type player who could have easily been a wide receiver if he so desired. Evidenced by being the second leading receiver in the history of the Giants and the number one rusher. Overrated my ***.

sodbuster
07-04-2013, 08:49 AM
skockey was the most overrated player by far...most underrated was George Marten....

YATittle1962
07-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Overrated Giants (past decade):

Shockey (for the hype he got)
Rolle (considering the money)
Luke Petitgout
Lavarr Arrington

Underrated:

David Diehl (5th round draft pick guys)
Madison Hedge**** (heck of a blocker)
Jim Finn (see Hedge**** plus he could run)
Dan Campbell
Joe Jurivicious
David Tyree (one of the best gunners in the NFL his entire career)
Nick Griesen (the original Blackburn)
Fred Robbins
Gibril Wilson

no Richie Seubert in the underrated column ?

the man was a warrior and very few know his name

chasjay
07-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Ratings are overrated, or at least they get more recognition than they merit. They do spark some interesting debates and opinions that are posted.

I mostly just read and don't post, but I don't see Frank (or any HOF'ers) as underrated. Being on the old side, I would probably go with Del Shofner or Kyle Rote as underrated - for those who know the names. And I don't see Tiki as being overrated - in my mind he helped establish Coghlin's tenure the first few years. I didn't like the way things ended with Tiki, but I can't agree with the writer's call. I don't do well with negatives, so I don't have an opinion on who really is the most overrated.