PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Roster Breakdown: Charles James

RoanokeFan
07-02-2013, 06:43 PM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/7/2/4479690/new-york-giants-roster-breakdown-charles-james

Excerpt: "Undrafted free agent cornerback Charles James made himself noticed during the Giants offseason program. Can he carry that momentum into training camp and earn a roster spot?

Let's continue our look at the 90-man roster the New York Giants will bring to training by discussing Charles James, an undrafted free agent cornerback out of Charleston Southern who got the attention of the coaching staff during mini-camp and OTAs.

2012 Season In Review

James finished a four-year career at Charleston Southern in 2012 as he had two interceptions and six passes defensed. He intercepted 12 passes in his four seasons. He also has extensive punt return experience, with 34 career punt returns over three seasons for an average of 9.7 yards per return." Read more...

TCHOF
07-02-2013, 07:36 PM
We have Jamaal Charles??? Awesome!

nycsportzfan
07-03-2013, 03:43 AM
We were picking our UDF that could make the team right after they were all signed, and Charles James was the guy i selected. I seen some video online and was very surprised at his ability to stick with recievers, and make plays on the ball. He looked the part in the video, and I would not be shocked at all if he made the team.

Captain Chaos
07-03-2013, 05:54 AM
Need to see him with the pads on and going against some real competition....

GameTime
07-03-2013, 09:21 AM
to be honest...I dont care who steps up for the secondary. But they need a few guys to do it. Drafted, vet, rookie, UDFA....whatever.

kfelgigiants
07-03-2013, 02:02 PM
I also watched tape on him. Even though he is slow and undersized he still finds ways to stick with the wideout and makes a ton of plays on the ball. He steps up and makes physical tackles for a CB too. Im anxious too see how he does against some serious competition and unfortunately I think hes gonna get burnt too much to make an impact at this level. Hopefully somebody can step up and set the tone this year for the secondary because we have some talented players who just got burnt last year.

Mercury
07-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Not bad for an old blind man. I didn't even know they had Ray Charles on the roster. Hope he can make the team, they could even have him sing the national anthem.

kfelgigiants
07-03-2013, 02:38 PM
haha ouch