PDA

View Full Version : could this be why we burn timeouts and get those delay of game penalties?

Harooni
07-02-2013, 11:30 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/social_assets/nfl/Week_4/Eagles_Giants/EliManning_Robot.gif

talbot
07-02-2013, 11:32 PM
Well if everyone could get the ****ing dance right, it wouldn't be a problem.

giantsfan420
07-02-2013, 11:35 PM
iirc, we actually didnt have more than 2 or 3 delay of game penalties all year if we had any at all i honestly cant recall a game we had one but i know we had to have had a couple

Harooni
07-02-2013, 11:40 PM
we seem to burn plenty of TO's a year as the clock ticks close to 0 and i see a lot of snaps right at 02 or 01 very close.

kNicksGiants
07-02-2013, 11:47 PM
it's because gilbride doesn't get the calls in quick enough, and even when he does he calls 2 plays and then eli has to repeat those 2 plays.

it's been one of my concerns for awhile now. anyone that has watched the giants can see it's on gilbridge. often after a play you'll see everyone in the huddle and eli listening, waiting for the play call.

it bothers me because it doesn't allow eli to get to the line with sufficient enough time to read the defense, set the protection and potentially call an audible. the gilbridge defenders will claim "eli can audible any play he wants". sure he can, if he has enough time to do so, which is rare.

jax5338
07-02-2013, 11:54 PM
"It's step, turn, step, step, turn, racecar, big finish! God, send me dancers!!" - Eli Manning

Harooni
07-02-2013, 11:56 PM
maybe he was correcting Cruz's dance moves before the snap.

joemorrisforprez
07-03-2013, 02:37 AM
It's because of the offense that Gilbride runs......so much ****ing patty-cake going on that there's barely any time before the snap.

It also puts our offensive line in a crappy situation, too.

No surprise to me that the 2 Super Bowl wins required last-minute heroics.....the offense rolls when they can get into a quicker flow.

RoanokeFan
07-03-2013, 07:11 AM
iirc, we actually didnt have more than 2 or 3 delay of game penalties all year if we had any at all i honestly cant recall a game we had one but i know we had to have had a couple

I think for fans it's more annoying than actually damaging most of the time. The coaches in the past, particularly Gilbride, have suggested sometimes Eli just has to get the play off. He's doing everything he can to make sure he knows exactly what defense is presented and I think teams make that harder for him at times.

Gimaniac
07-03-2013, 07:18 AM
Winding down the playclock is intentional. Eli is trying to get the defense to show their hand.

It would be cool to mix in some quick counts and/or some hurry up plays just to catch the defense off guard.

penguinfarmer
07-03-2013, 07:18 AM
Possibly trying the salsa, but looks like he's milking cow utters instead.

nygfanmaybe
07-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Sometimes Gilbride is delayed getting the call into the huddle because he is still trying to shake-off a punch from one of the other coaches...

Buddy333
07-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Can only imagine how much people would dislike KG if he had not won 2 Super Bowls running this offense.

bigblue58
07-03-2013, 08:12 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/social_assets/nfl/Week_4/Eagles_Giants/EliManning_Robot.gif

What else is Eli supposed to do when guys need to be lined up properly, he has to alert the line what defense he's seeing, or when he has to change the play?
The problem is, nobody has Eli's encyclopedic knowledge of the playbook and he has to spend extra time getting guys in the right formation!
The Giants also happen to have one of the most time consuming procedures just for the damned huddle alone. Toss in Gilbride getting the play in late and you have a recipe for DOG issues.

nhpgiantsfan
07-03-2013, 08:31 AM
I don't think it's all on KG. As said before, Eli reading the defense, and checking out of plays, etc.

TheAnalyst
07-03-2013, 09:05 AM
No huddle all day = great success for Eli

TheAnalyst
07-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Can only imagine how much people would dislike KG if he had not won 2 Super Bowls running this offense. He would be coaching the Raiders.

GameTime
07-03-2013, 09:06 AM
they burn way too many TOs because of that stuff. get the play in, do your changes and hike the ****ing ball......:)

CowboysSuck
07-03-2013, 09:17 AM
It also has to be considered that snapping the ball at :01 gives the DL a tremendous advantage. i.e. they essentially know the snap count (if they look at/know the play clock)