PDA

View Full Version : Blog Bits: Henry Hynoski

RoanokeFan
07-04-2013, 02:41 PM
http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6325

Excerpt: "This next Ďbití was unexpected considering that Henry Hynoski has been unavailable during OTAs and minicamp thanks to a knee injury that has required him to do rehab. As luck would have it, though, we recently ran into the recovering fullback for a few minutes. While Hynoski wasnít able to disclose specifics regarding the exact nature of his injury or surgery due to team rules, he did say he remains optimistic about his recovery and that he still is hoping for a speedy return.

Q: First thing Ė how has your recovery been coming along?
A: Rehab has come along great, and every day Iím feeling stronger and better. Obviously itís a challenge coming off a surgery like this, but the main thing is you have to have your mind set that youíre ready to come in every day to work because the goal is to get better. I have my sights on being ready for the start of the season, but at the same time, Iím not going to rush things and put myself in danger of a setback. Iím going to do this right and come back as early as I can at 100 percent so I can play up to my potential and start where I finished last year.

Q: Youíve faced adversity before, suchg as pulling a hamstring before the draft, not getting drafted, and the stinger injury in your rookie season that cost you some playing time. Each time, you have managed to overcome the obstacles that have been thrown in your way. While this latest obstacle is probably the most serious one youíve faced to date, whatís been a common thread for you in overcoming these obstacles?
A: You put an obstacle in front of me and Iíll find a way to get through it any way I can. My goals and what I expect out of myself are so high I will never let anything come in between my vision and where I want to be, and how successful I want to be. So in my mind, yes, this is a bigger bump in the road than Iíve experienced in the past, but itís still just a bump, and you have to get over those to be where you want to be.

Q: How difficult was it for you to be idle during a time of year in which, when you look at the calendar, you know you should have been out there on the field working?
A: It was tough because Iím a competitor and the main thing I am is Iím a team guy. I want to be out there with my team and go through all the experiences and practices with them. At the same time, you have to work with your situation, and my situation is to focus on rehab and getting better because thatís ultimately what my team needs out of me. My teammates and coaches have been great; they understand and have been there for me from day one through this entire thing and Iím very blessed to have such support from not just my teammates, but the organization." Read more...

giantsfan420
07-04-2013, 03:53 PM
hyno has the kinda personality that suffers the worst when dealing with something that keeps him sidelines.

esp as a FB when he pretty much not only has to prove his worthiness out on the field, but also in a large way that of the FB position. He's got to be effective otherwise, he plays a spot that is easiest removed.

Toadofsteel
07-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Hyno is one of the most giant-like giants playing today. All-pro play, lunch pail attitude...

Hell, the only thing he.ever did that could have been considered diva-esque was that hynocerous td dance, and even that wa mostly to salute the fans that had created the moniker in the first place.

B&RWarrior
07-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Hyno is one of the most giant-like giants playing today. All-pro play, lunch pail attitude...

Hell, the only thing he.ever did that could have been considered diva-esque was that hynocerous td dance, and even that wa mostly to salute the fans that had created the moniker in the first place.

He's the quintessential Giant.

GameTime
07-04-2013, 06:08 PM
get better....then get back