PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Roster Breakdown: Linval Joseph

RoanokeFan
07-05-2013, 11:18 AM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/7/5/4480200/new-york-giants-roster-breakdown-linval-joseph

Excerpt: "Linval Joseph has become a good player for the Giants at defensive tackle. Can he take the next step and become a dominant one?

Linval Joseph (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/108661/linval-joseph) was the New York Giants (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/new-york-giants) best defensive tackle in 2012. He is a player the Giants have to hope will take the next step and become a Pro Bowl caliber player. He is also next on our list as we highlight all of the players on the 90-man roster the Giants will bring to training camp later this month.

2012 Season In Review

The 2010 second-round pick became a force for the Giants in 2012, registering 59 tackles and four quarterback sacks. Joseph also had six quarterback hits, 16 hurries and a +6.3 overall grade from Pro Football Focus. Joseph was +4.0 playing the run." Read more...

giantsfan420
07-05-2013, 11:57 AM
he really did have a solid campaign considering the issues we had at DT next to him. I think part of the reason we were so adamant in getting quality DT's this offseason is the understanding that LJ had a pretty great yr individually last season and that wasnt with much supporting cast help. If they give him that supporting cast help, maybe the belief is he can reach even higher levels of play?

TheAnalyst
07-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Most underrated NY Giants in my opinion. Just like Barry Cofield when he was here. Some very good DTs. Unfortunately it doesnt look like Austin will be the next good one, but Hankins may be. Funny that all 4 of those DTs were 2nd round picks.

jomo
07-05-2013, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=TheAnalyst;797549]Most underrated NY Giants in my opinion. Just like Barry Cofield when he was here. Some very good DTs. Unfortunately it doesnt look like Austin will be the next good one, but Hankins may be. Funny that all 4 of those DTs were 2nd round picks.[/QUOTEOur so called DT rotation last year was a joke except for Joseph.

TheAnalyst
07-05-2013, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=TheAnalyst;797549]Most underrated NY Giants in my opinion. Just like Barry Cofield when he was here. Some very good DTs. Unfortunately it doesnt look like Austin will be the next good one, but Hankins may be. Funny that all 4 of those DTs were 2nd round picks.[/QUOTEOur so called DT rotation last year was a joke except for Joseph.

I thought Kuhn was ok before he went down, but I agree. We were soft up the middle all the way to the safeties.

memfist.ten
07-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Most underrated NY Giants in my opinion. Just like Barry Cofield when he was here. Some very good DTs. Unfortunately it doesnt look like Austin will be the next good one, but Hankins may be. Funny that all 4 of those DTs were 2nd round picks.
I like Linval hope he's re-signed. I believe this may be the year our d-line returns to dominating form--1,2,3 stay healthy!

Captain Chaos
07-05-2013, 12:52 PM

Coefield was a 4th round pick... Like Joseph unfortunately having to sign Nicks and JPP may not leave any room for our man next year.

BigBlue1971
07-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Linval has been solid since hes been here and I believe he will take the next step. with the depth he can stay somewhat fresh all game.

no one should penetrate the middle of the d- line if the d-tackles stay relatively healthy!

TheAnalyst
07-05-2013, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=jomo;797551]

Coefield was a 4th round pick... Like Joseph unfortunately having to sign Nicks and JPP may not leave any room for our man next year.

Ah you are right. What a steal he was.

GameTime
07-05-2013, 02:04 PM
hope he gets a good neighbor to help him out.....and at least one or two for a decent rotation

B&RWarrior
07-05-2013, 02:09 PM
At this point Linval is overrated in my book. For all the talk of how good he is we got worked right up the middle last year versus the run, and no he wasn't doubled teamed all the time like some posters would have you believe.

Maybe he ran out of gas from playing too much, or maybe he's just no that good, whatever reason I hope it gets better this year.

GameTime
07-05-2013, 02:11 PM
At this point Linval is overrated in my book. For all the talk of how good he is we got worked right up the middle last year versus the run, and no he wasn't doubled teamed all the time like some posters would have you believe.

Maybe he ran out of gas from playing too much, or maybe he's just no that good, whatever reason I hope it gets better this year.

more like he had zero help. Not saying he was lights out but he didnt get any help from anyone cept for Canty here and there

DownWitJPP
07-05-2013, 02:18 PM

Maybe he ran out of gas from playing too much, or maybe he's just no that good, whatever reason I hope it gets better this year. we actually agree on something lol. I don't understand how everyone can say he had a good year when our run D was horrible..getting gashed up the middle time and time again. Sometimes it looked like we didn't have any DT's or linebackers on the field