PDA

View Full Version : Bounce back Eli.......please!!!

GameTime
01-01-2012, 02:22 PM
The last two games with 1 TD and 4 picks with a sub 50 rating......</P>

Eli is the key to this game today. If he wasnt having issues the past two weeks I would say the game rests on the Giants D and the secondary in particular but with his recent two poor games he needs to come up <FONT color=#000080 size=6>BIG!!!</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000000>If Eli comes up <FONT size=1>small </FONT><FONT size=3>it doesnt matter what JPP, Tuck, or any other player does....</FONT></FONT></P>

Personally I think he has a very good game today......</P>

Giants win 34- 27</P>

BigBlue1971
01-01-2012, 02:32 PM
agreed. Eli needs to step up today! </P>

with Ballard and Manningham out last week and Nicks nicked up i think Eli was hampered somewhat.</P>

he knows the importance of this game and will be a huge postive factor imo.</P>

Manning
01-01-2012, 02:33 PM
TRUTH

Idkaname
01-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Don't know what you have been watching but it's the wrs hat need to step up and not Eli

GameTime
01-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Don't know what you have been watching but it's the wrs hat need to step up and not Eli</P>

Look.....this is not a bash Eli thread. i love Eli and support him all the time. </P>

Th WRs and receievrs have had issues as well. BUT.....ELI is the leader and HE needs to step up. If you have watched the last two games and have only come away with that the WRs are having problems then you are not really watching the games......</P>

giantsfan420
01-01-2012, 02:40 PM
i dunno, the wr's were god awful vs washington, and last week vs the jets it was the offense as a whole that struggled.

every game eli needs to step up. not just this one. and he has. eli is the least of my concerns tonight but yes if we're going to win he's gonna have to play well.

Idkaname
01-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Don't know what you have been watching but it's the wrs hat need to step up and not Eli</P>

Look.....this is not a bash Eli thread. i love Eli and support him all the time. </P>

Th WRs and receievrs have had issues as well. BUT.....ELI is the leader and HE needs to step up. If you have watched the last two games and have only come away with that the WRs are having problems then you are not really watching the games......</P>
Tell me how Eli can play better when he puts the ball on the Wrs hands and they drop it, not only effecting them right away but makes it harder for Eli to trust they will catch it in tight situations

GameTime
01-01-2012, 02:43 PM
i dunno, the wr's were god awful vs washington, and last week vs the jets it was the offense as a whole that struggled. every game eli needs to step up. not just this one. and he has. eli is the least of my concerns tonight but yes if we're going to win he's gonna have to play well.</P>

yeah....my intent was not to single out Eli as the onlyproblem with the offense the last two weeks. Its more along the lines of him getting his form back that he had previous to the Skins game and to get the receivers heads back in the game. He is the leader and he needs to get that stuff done....thats his job...</P>

</P>

GameTime
01-01-2012, 02:46 PM

Tell me how Eli can play better when he puts the ball on the Wrs hands and they drop it, not only effecting them right away but makes it harder for Eli to trust they will catch it in tight situations</P>

Dude....if you want to see the last two games by Eli as him being right on target and its all on the WRs I am not here to convince you otherwise. My veiw of the games is different. You dont go 9-27 and its all on the receivers. You dont throw 4 picks and 1 TD and its all on the other players. the offense has struggled and he is part of the offense....</P>

</P>

buddy33
01-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Some will not like me saying this, but I'm a little worried about Eli this time of the year at home. I'd rather see Jacobs and Bradshaw both run for over 100 yards and have the defense play great.

Hope Eli does play great.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-01-2012, 03:02 PM
The last two games with 1 TD and 4 picks with a sub 50 rating......</p>

Eli is the key to this game today. If he wasnt having issues the past two weeks I would say the game rests on the Giants D and the secondary in particular but with his recent two poor games he needs to come up <font color="#000080" size="6">BIG!!!</font></p>

<font color="#000000">If Eli comes up <font size="1">small </font><font size="3">it doesnt matter what JPP, Tuck, or any other player does....</font></font></p>

Personally I think he has a very good game today......</p>

Giants win 34- 27</p>
Yea, you mean bounce back receivers please?

Eli has played well the past 2 games, few mistakes but not many bad throws. Our receivers? Can't say the same.. Nicks needs to have a BIG game.

GameTime
01-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Some will not like me saying this, but I'm a little worried about Eli this time of the year at home. I'd rather see Jacobs and Bradshaw both run for over 100 yards and have the defense play great. Hope Eli does play great.</P>

well historically he has has issues as has the whole team in general this time of year. But I made this thread to express the fact that I like Eli and want to see him play lights out like he has most of the season. Also today is not the typical January day. It wont be drastically cold and only a bit of wind.</P>

I also think the run game comes up huge today.....just a feeling. It will Jacobs having the big game and not Bradshaw. Not say AB wont have a good game but I think Jacobs will light up a few defenders and et the team jacked.....</P>

scf424
01-01-2012, 03:10 PM
I'd love to see us run the ball for 200 yards, and only have Eli throw 25 times.

GameTime
01-01-2012, 03:11 PM

Eli is the key to this game today. If he wasnt having issues the past two weeks I would say the game rests on the Giants D and the secondary in particular but with his recent two poor games he needs to come up <FONT color=#000080 size=6>BIG!!!</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000000>If Eli comes up <FONT size=1>small </FONT><FONT size=3>it doesnt matter what JPP, Tuck, or any other player does....</FONT></FONT></P>

Giants win 34- 27</P>

Eli has played well the past 2 games, few mistakes but not many bad throws. Our receivers? Can't say the same.. Nicks needs to have a BIG game.
</P>

No...I meant what I said. If you see the last two games as only the receivers having bad games then we are seeing two different things. I have said in other respones that I realize the receivers are having issues but so is Eli. If you think he has looked sharp overall then thats fine. For me he has been off a little bit. </P>

GameTime
01-01-2012, 03:11 PM
I'd love to see us run the ball for 200 yards, and only have Eli throw 25 times.</P>

establishing a good run game would be awesome......</P>

</P>

BklynBlue
01-01-2012, 03:25 PM
I sure hope he does!

Gianthunter
01-01-2012, 03:28 PM
1 healthy threat receiver=[:(]

GameTime
01-01-2012, 03:30 PM
1 healthy threat receiver=[:(]</P>

All the more reason he needs to take this offense on his back like has and come up big.....</P>

</P>

giantsfan420
01-01-2012, 03:30 PM

Eli is the key to this game today.* If he wasnt having issues the past two weeks I would say the game rests on the Giants D and the secondary in particular but with his recent two poor games he needs to come up <FONT color=#000080 size=6>BIG!!!</FONT></P>

Giants win 34- 27</P>

</P>

No...I meant what I said. If you see the last two games as only the receivers having bad games then we are seeing two different things. I have said in other respones that I realize the receivers are having issues but so is Eli. If you think he has looked sharp overall then thats fine. For me he has been off a little bit. </P>

its a chicken or the egg situation.

what qb isnt going to look off when the wr's are dropping easy td passes and running wrong routes?

but i agree with u that eli will need to step up big time

canseco4040
01-01-2012, 03:33 PM
How many football teams can say that have a QB they have (near) 100% confidence in at the end of the game? ELI IS THE MAN!!! He'll get it done!!!

poppa smurph
01-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I'd love to see us run the ball for 200 yards, and only have Eli throw 25 times.Honestly, I think thats the game plan every game. Just turns outThe Giantshaven't been on the right side of the TOP category, or playing with much of a lead all season.</P>

It'd be nice to see the D step up, shut 'em down on 3rd and anything, and get the O back on the field where they can hopefully establish the run. The passing game goes from there.</P>

</P>

GameTime
01-01-2012, 03:43 PM

Giants win 34- 27</P>

</P>

its a chicken or the egg situation. what qb isnt going to look off when the wr's are dropping easy td passes and running wrong routes? but i agree with u that eli will need to step up big time</P>

the Giants receivers have been dropping passes all season. Thats why they either lead the league or are in second in that stat and it wasnt just from the last two games. Eli has been dealing with drops all season long and has come up big anyway under those circumstances. The last two weeks Eli AND the offense have not come big in the passing game. Its time to get back to coming up BIG!!!</P>

He will....I have faith he will and so will the receivers......</P>

and finally the run AND the pass game will have a good game at the same time.....</P>

BigBlue1971
01-01-2012, 03:48 PM
it really is time for the offense as a whole to step up. its gonna take someone (Eli, Bradshaw, Nicks) to make a big play to get them all going.</P>

the offense seemed to degrade with the deep Nicks drop two weeks ago. hopefully he can redeem himself.</P>

giantsfan420
01-01-2012, 03:59 PM

Eli is the key to this game today.* If he wasnt having issues the past two weeks I would say the game rests on the Giants D and the secondary in particular but with his recent two poor games he needs to come up <FONT color=#000080 size=6>BIG!!!</FONT></P>

Giants win 34- 27</P>

</P>

its a chicken or the egg situation. what qb isnt going to look off when the wr's are dropping easy td passes and running wrong routes? but i agree with u that eli will need to step up big time</P>

the Giants receivers have been dropping passes all season. Thats why they either lead the league or are in second in that stat and it wasnt just from the last two games. Eli has been dealing with drops all season long and has come up big anyway under those circumstances. The last two weeks Eli AND the offense have not come big in the passing game. Its time to get back to coming up BIG!!!</P>

and finally* the run AND the pass game will have a good game at the same time.....</P>

well i may be the minority but i think the offense hasnt played all that well for the entire game all season. we either get no points in the first and then win it in the 4th or we get good production the first half and drop off the 2nd.

the only games id say the offense played well all game would be vs buffalo and last game vs dallas. vs philly at philly the offense struggled at times until the 4th.

i think eli and the offense have overcome a lot. with the whole dropped passes stats, the majority of them come in the first half.

eli and the offense have played well dont get me wrong, but i dont think they've played to their potential really. whether its aplay calling issue or a lack of run game, i dunno.

thats why im actually optimistic if we get to the playoffs bc u want the team peaking right at this moment. if the run game can get going, the pass game will be even stronger.

it erally is amazing we are in the position we are considering dead last run game and near dead last defense. eli is a huge part of that as is cruz, jpp and then to an extent nicks jpp ballard etc.

thats why my opinion is a little different than urs on this topic, eli has stepped up every week, but u cant expect a player to do it all on a weekly basis. the past two weeks, id say its more of eli not being able to carry the team when we start having drops, wrong routes, etc.

thats why id say, if the wr's step up the offense will be fine. vs the jets last week and the skids the week before, eli did put a bunch of balls on the money that were plain out dropped. does that mean eli played well? no, but really its tough to when ur losing trust in ur guys ability to catch the ball. every week eli needs to step up. he looks amazing when the wr's are playing well, and not so much when they aren't.

just a slight difference in perspective between my stance and urs

GameTime
01-01-2012, 04:22 PM

Giants win 34- 27</P>

</P>

and finally the run AND the pass game will have a good game at the same time.....</P>

well i may be the minority but i think the offense hasnt played all that well for the entire game all season. we either get no points in the first and then win it in the 4th or we get good production the first half and drop off the 2nd. the only games id say the offense played well all game would be vs buffalo and last game vs dallas. vs philly at philly the offense struggled at times until the 4th. i think eli and the offense have overcome a lot. with the whole dropped passes stats, the majority of them come in the first half. eli and the offense have played well dont get me wrong, but i dont think they've played to their potential really. whether its aplay calling issue or a lack of run game, i dunno. thats why im actually optimistic if we get to the playoffs bc u want the team peaking right at this moment. if the run game can get going, the pass game will be even stronger. it erally is amazing we are in the position we are considering dead last run game and near dead last defense. eli is a huge part of that as is cruz, jpp and then to an extent nicks jpp ballard etc. thats why my opinion is a little different than urs on this topic, eli has stepped up every week, but u cant expect a player to do it all on a weekly basis. the past two weeks, id say its more of eli not being able to carry the team when we start having drops, wrong routes, etc. thats why id say, if the wr's step up the offense will be fine. vs the jets last week and the skids the week before, eli did put a bunch of balls on the money that were plain out dropped. does that mean eli played well? no, but really its tough to when ur losing trust in ur guys ability to catch the ball. every week eli needs to step up. he looks amazing when the wr's are playing well, and not so much when they aren't. just a slight difference in perspective between my stance and urs</P>

oh no doubt the O has been up and down all season and the D has been lame most of the season. With that said it is surprising they are in the postion to win the div. If the D has actually turned a corner and the running game gets going the last thing they need is for the passing game to fall off. As the QB Eli has to see that this doesnt happen. He has carried the team repeatdly all season and that needs to continue. Part of that is getting his recievers to pull their heads out of theor asses and get it going. You have occasional bad passes and picks (like any QB has) thenmixed with drops not only kills the passsing game but it cab and will bring the whole team down.</P>

Like I had said I think Eli has a very good game tonight. I guess I really would have started this thread if I didnt think he would....:)</P>

GameTime
01-02-2012, 12:30 AM

Giants win 34- 27</P>

</P>

well i may be the minority but i think the offense hasnt played all that well for the entire game all season. we either get no points in the first and then win it in the 4th or we get good production the first half and drop off the 2nd. the only games id say the offense played well all game would be vs buffalo and last game vs dallas. vs philly at philly the offense struggled at times until the 4th. i think eli and the offense have overcome a lot. with the whole dropped passes stats, the majority of them come in the first half. eli and the offense have played well dont get me wrong, but i dont think they've played to their potential really. whether its aplay calling issue or a lack of run game, i dunno. thats why im actually optimistic if we get to the playoffs bc u want the team peaking right at this moment. if the run game can get going, the pass game will be even stronger. it erally is amazing we are in the position we are considering dead last run game and near dead last defense. eli is a huge part of that as is cruz, jpp and then to an extent nicks jpp ballard etc. thats why my opinion is a little different than urs on this topic, eli has stepped up every week, but u cant expect a player to do it all on a weekly basis. the past two weeks, id say its more of eli not being able to carry the team when we start having drops, wrong routes, etc. thats why id say, if the wr's step up the offense will be fine. vs the jets last week and the skids the week before, eli did put a bunch of balls on the money that were plain out dropped. does that mean eli played well? no, but really its tough to when ur losing trust in ur guys ability to catch the ball. every week eli needs to step up. he looks amazing when the wr's are playing well, and not so much when they aren't. just a slight difference in perspective between my stance and urs</P>

oh no doubt the O has been up and down all season and the D has been lame most of the season. With that said it is surprising they are in the postion to win the div. If the D has actually turned a corner and the running game gets going the last thing they need is for the passing game to fall off. As the QB Eli has to see that this doesnt happen. He has carried the team repeatdly all season and that needs to continue. Part of that is getting his recievers to pull their heads out of theor asses and get it going. You have occasional bad passes and picks (like any QB has) thenmixed with drops not only kills the passsing game but it cab and will bring the whole team down.</P>

<FONT color=#000080 size=4>Like I had said I think Eli has a very good game tonight. I guess I really would have started this thread if I didnt think he would....:)</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000080 size=4></FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000000>Shameless plug....lol</FONT></P>

Eli and th O bounced back nicely!!</P>

A little sleepy in the 3rd quarter but then kicked it back up...</P>

D....killer!!!!!</P>

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-02-2012, 12:39 AM
I love Eli Manning. That is all.