PDA

View Full Version : Dan Conner arrested for having a knife at the airport

drewz
07-06-2013, 10:17 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/06/giants-dan-connor-arrested-with-knife-at-airport/

(http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/06/giants-dan-connor-arrested-with-knife-at-airport/)

RoanokeFan
07-06-2013, 10:19 PM
He's lucky TSA called the police.

Carter.525
07-06-2013, 10:22 PM
jeez

gmen0820
07-06-2013, 10:23 PM
At first I was like, "who cares, just another jackass NFL player," and then I remember that he played for us.

penguinfarmer
07-06-2013, 10:24 PM
At first I was like, "who cares, just another jackass NFL player," and then I remember that he played for us.

Sadly, I was thinking of how I would spin this on Cowboy fans before remembering he was no longer there.

Rudyy
07-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Did he really think he could bring a knife to an airport? Lol.

Carter.525
07-06-2013, 10:26 PM
He's a real cut above the rest..

fizzlesticks
07-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Why was he arrested? People lose knifes to the TSA all the time, they just confiscate and resell them.

Cloud57
07-06-2013, 10:37 PM
I thought they were allowing pocket knives, I guess they changed their minds

RoanokeFan
07-06-2013, 10:46 PM

People do it more often than you think. Mostly forgetting they have whatever it is.

RoanokeFan
07-06-2013, 10:47 PM

A switchblade knife is not a "pocket knife"

BigBlue1971
07-06-2013, 11:00 PM
People do it more often than you think. Mostly forgetting they have whatever it is.

especially when they announce they would allow knives and then rescind it with we wont allow knives.

whos to know whats going on with this stuff.

bigblue58
07-06-2013, 11:03 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/06/giants-dan-connor-arrested-with-knife-at-airport/

(http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/06/giants-dan-connor-arrested-with-knife-at-airport/)

Is it REALLY that hard for these numbskulls to just do the right thing, obey the law and avoid trouble?

BParcells777
07-06-2013, 11:04 PM
I did too....forgot it was in a pocket of my bag....they just told me to mail it or forfeit it......or put in my checked luggage....already checked unfortunately

I took it and hid it behind a coke machine and retrieved it on my way back

this is nonsense......they made an example of him.

B&RWarrior
07-06-2013, 11:25 PM
No story hear...I'm sure everybody on this board has owned a knife at one time or another.

egyptian420
07-06-2013, 11:33 PM
How silly..... I don't assume this will be too big an issue. What a dumb### thing to do though

giantsfan420
07-06-2013, 11:45 PM
hes not in any danger of missing time I hope...

Eli TO Shockey
07-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Nothing to see here. what a joke.

Harooni
07-07-2013, 12:03 AM
come on now he should know better.

Roosevelt
07-07-2013, 12:14 AM

I wonder if someone ratted him out?

Harooni
07-07-2013, 12:19 AM
Eli looks like the goody goody patriot type ,maybe he ate the cheese.

TCHOF
07-07-2013, 12:26 AM
No story hear...I'm sure everybody on this board has owned a knife at one time or another.

Eh, huh?

Yes, I have a set of knives that I use to cut steak and other tough meats. That's the same as trying to get a switchblade on a plane??

FBomb
07-07-2013, 12:35 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVYoVh4yqMJL2_QqOEo1_Vz8vKimlL5 df09OJ8Gn0prVY8QJ-V0Q (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=VbawhLBQXJgI-M&tbnid=znYwGvL5qL2lKM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmomginerd.blogspot.com%2F2012%2F0 1%2Fdear-dumbass-manager.html&ei=gOHYUfnDDo7i4AOAl4DgBQ&bvm=bv.48705608,d.dmg&psig=AFQjCNEqn2XiwQaWpcyNCzSTrXfN__UHlQ&ust=1373254295003028)

Giantslb66
07-07-2013, 01:14 AM
I wonder if someone ratted him out? Jerry Jones?

NYGabriel
07-07-2013, 01:48 AM
Trade him to the Bengals.

Harooni
07-07-2013, 01:52 AM
"nothing to see here , no news " huh??? if this is ok why do i have to take my bloody shoes off???

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Rd5dYQHoZS0/0.jpg

my dogs are barking today

jomo
07-07-2013, 01:56 AM
At first I was like, "who cares, just another jackass NFL player," and then I remember that he played for us.Agree, but dumbass nontheless. He's not "our guy" until he lays it down for us for real.

Antwuan
07-07-2013, 02:06 AM
Seriously Dan Conner?

amukamerica
07-07-2013, 03:23 AM
oh no dan conner might sneak a switchblade on board then bite on the play action and stab himself

G-Men Surg.
07-07-2013, 03:33 AM
Well its in Philly, that says it all, I guess not even the airport its safe to be around " unprotected " LOL !

RoanokeFan
07-07-2013, 07:13 AM

Carrying switchblade knives is illegal, that's the problem

RoanokeFan
07-07-2013, 07:17 AM
hes not in any danger of missing time I hope...

Not likely, it was in his luggage and a good lawyer will get the charge reduced assuming he's got a clean record.

They gave him a break by not charging him with trying to get the knife onto an aircraft.

joemorrisforprez
07-07-2013, 08:36 AM

A guy from Philly with a switchblade....pretty sure that's standard issue when you get to first grade.

Toadofsteel
07-07-2013, 09:25 AM
ARE YOU ALL-IN ON HERZLICH??!!

GameTime
07-07-2013, 09:49 AM
stupid mistake......

hugehomer
07-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Rumor is, Mark Herzlich helped him pack his bags. LOL

NYGabriel
07-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Hopefully he's cut. The Giants need to send a message and they have the perfect opportunity to make an example of Connor.

Rudyy
07-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Hopefully he's cut. The Giants need to send a message and they have the perfect opportunity to make an example of Connor./Red

Redeyejedi
07-07-2013, 10:38 AM
People do it more often than you think. Mostly forgetting they have whatever it is. Arent Switch Blades themselves illegal if not in the US but certain States. Ive seen TSA just confiscate knives without arrest. They used to have a bin of them at the airport

jintsfan666
07-07-2013, 10:40 AM
If this move is indicative of his intelligence I don't think he has the smarts to be calling our defensive alignments.

Rudyy
07-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Arent Switch Blades themselves illegal if not in the US but certain States. Ive seen TSA just confiscate knives without arrest. They used to have a bin of them at the airportThey are legal in certain states. Like here in VA.

GameTime
07-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Arent Switch Blades themselves illegal if not in the US but certain States. Ive seen TSA just confiscate knives without arrest. They used to have a bin of them at the airport
I mistakenly left a leatherman tool in my bag from a previous fishing trip and they confiscated it. This was right after 9/11 though.
Conner either made a mistake or is an idiot. Hopefully the former and not the latter.

Redeyejedi
07-07-2013, 10:58 AM
I mistakenly left a leatherman tool in my bag from a previous fishing trip and they confiscated it. This was right after 9/11 though.
Conner either made a mistake or is an idiot. Hopefully the former and not the latter.How nice was it I know someone that works there gave me a sweet 1.

JesseJames
07-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Hopefully he's cut. The Giants need to send a message and they have the perfect opportunity to make an example of Connor. are you serious, this is a joke right? if you typed this in red it would be joke..

Captain Chaos
07-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Everyone makes a mistake or does something foolish...

FishinTheSalt
07-07-2013, 12:02 PM

Article says it was a switchblade, I don't think those are allowed. What a dummy.

TheAnalyst
07-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Our MLB position has to be ranked #32 in the league.... And I am now calling Dan Connor "Switchblade" the rest of the year.

BigBlueAllDay
07-07-2013, 12:34 PM
He won't be missing time. Just a dumb mistake, nothing serious.

"Also according to WPVI-TV, Connor has already been released from custody on his own recognizance."

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/7/6/4500010/dan-connor-arrested-knife-philadelphia-airport-giants

NorwoodBlue
07-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Why was he arrested? People lose knifes to the TSA all the time, they just confiscate and resell them.

Switchblade knives are illegal in most states, it had nothing to do with the screening for the plane

keyofgmen
07-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Who is Dan ConnEr? ...

Burn
07-07-2013, 12:50 PM
A switchblade is a pretty board term, and for those of you arguing that a switchblade can't be a pocket knife, and that switchblades are illegal, well you are just plain wrong. As far as whether or not they are illegal, in PA and NJ their legality is limited, but they are not illegal. The problem here is not that he was in possession of an illegal weapon, it is that he decided to try to bring in on the plane. This is a non-story and I am surprised how long this thread is, as well as the ignorance of many people chiming in when they clearly have no idea what they are talking about.

Rudyy
07-07-2013, 01:25 PM
A switchblade is a pretty board term, and for those of you arguing that a switchblade can't be a pocket knife, and that switchblades are illegal, well you are just plain wrong. As far as whether or not they are illegal, in PA and NJ their legality is limited, but they are not illegal. The problem here is not that he was in possession of an illegal weapon, it is that he decided to try to bring in on the plane. This is a non-story and I am surprised how long this thread is, as well as the ignorance of many people chiming in when they clearly have no idea what they are talking about.So switch blades are legal everywhere in the US?

GameTime
07-07-2013, 01:27 PM
So switch blades are legal everywhere in the US?
laws vary from State to state and even city to city.
Although bringing any knife onto a plane is stupid unless you chekc it withouyyr baggage.

Rudyy
07-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Although bringing any knife onto a plane is stupid unless you chekc it withouyyr baggage.I realize that, and I know for a fact that a switchblade is not legal in every state. Which is why I'm questioning him. And you're right, even if it IS legal in that state, you cannot bring it to an airport, and board a plane with one.

Silly mistake, but nothing serious.

Drez
07-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Although bringing any knife onto a plane is stupid unless you chekc it withouyyr baggage.According to what I read this morning, TSA found it in his luggage, which at least to me, means he wasn't on his person or with his carry-on. This is much ado about nothing as far as I'm concerned.

GameTime
07-07-2013, 01:37 PM
According to what I read this morning, TSA found it in his luggage, which at least to me, means he wasn't on his person or with his carry-on. This is much ado about nothing as far as I'm concerned.

yep....if it was in his luggage thats is at least a bit better then on his person. However, if they are illegal in Penn/Philly, then it doesnt matter where he had it.

Burn
07-07-2013, 01:56 PM
So switch blades are legal everywhere in the US?

In Pennsylvania they are, which is where the airport is located. You do realize that the law differs depending on state, yes?

Drez
07-07-2013, 01:58 PM
yep....if it was in his luggage thats is at least a bit better then on his person. However, if they are illegal in Penn/Philly, then it doesnt matter where he had it.Knife laws are far from uniform, even within states. For example, Philly has it's own knife laws separate from the rest of the state (Philly proscribes the carrying of ALL knives unless you can prove it is for legitimate work purposes).

Granted, switchblades and other automatic knives are illegal to carry most everywhere. Especially with knives, there's also very often the further distinction/confusion of legal to own/illegal to carry. However, considering the lack of uniformity of knife laws, it's pretty silly to say that a person should know all the laws of every municipality that one might pass through. And with Connor having the knife packed away in his bags shows that he was trying to possess the knife in a way that he believed to be legal.

Drez
07-07-2013, 01:58 PM
In Pennsylvania they are, which is where the airport is located. You do realize that the law differs depending on state, yes?A lot of times knife laws vary depending on the county or city. It's far from being uniform.

Redeyejedi
07-07-2013, 02:15 PM
A switchblade is a pretty board term, and for those of you arguing that a switchblade can't be a pocket knife, and that switchblades are illegal, well you are just plain wrong. As far as whether or not they are illegal, in PA and NJ their legality is limited, but they are not illegal. The problem here is not that he was in possession of an illegal weapon, it is that he decided to try to bring in on the plane. This is a non-story and I am surprised how long this thread is, as well as the ignorance of many people chiming in when they clearly have no idea what they are talking about."Assisted-opening (spring-assisted) knives are legal. Fully automatic (switchblade) knives are not.

Burn
07-07-2013, 02:15 PM
A lot of times knife laws vary depending on the county or city. It's far from being uniform.

Yeah they do, also when people hear the term switchblade, they think of The Outsiders when in reality chances are Connor had an assisting opening knife(also sometimes referred to as a switchblade). This is a non-story, he wont be charged criminally and I highly doubt the Giants org penalizes him for this.

Burn
07-07-2013, 02:16 PM
"Assisted-opening (spring-assisted) knives are legal. Fully automatic (switchblade) knives are not.

Right, however switchblade is a term commonly used to describe both of those knife types

Rudyy
07-07-2013, 02:25 PM
In Pennsylvania they are, which is where the airport is located. You do realize that the law differs depending on state, yes?Yes, but I was under the impression you meant it was legal everywhere.

Burn
07-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Yes, but I was under the impression you meant it was legal everywhere.

I don't know why you would be when I specifically mentioned PA(where this happened). Of course the laws are different nationwide.

Rudyy
07-07-2013, 02:30 PM
I don't know why you would be when I specifically mentioned PA(where this happened). Of course the laws are different nationwide.Gotcha. Misread.

Burn
07-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Gotcha. Misread.

:p

Sean Montemayor
07-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Eli looks like the goody goody patriot type ,maybe he ate the cheese.Hope you don't mean a Aaron Hernandez type patriot. 😜

radar-ray
07-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Much to do about nothing.

Drez
07-07-2013, 06:04 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1044657_414897481961049_743746223_n.jpg

I guess Connor does, lol

RoanokeFan
07-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Hopefully he's cut. The Giants need to send a message and they have the perfect opportunity to make an example of Connor.

Cut as in bleeding, or cut as in released? The latter would be a slight overreaction, no?

RoanokeFan
07-07-2013, 07:21 PM
A switchblade is a pretty board term, and for those of you arguing that a switchblade can't be a pocket knife, and that switchblades are illegal, well you are just plain wrong. As far as whether or not they are illegal, in PA and NJ their legality is limited, but they are not illegal. The problem here is not that he was in possession of an illegal weapon, it is that he decided to try to bring in on the plane. This is a non-story and I am surprised how long this thread is, as well as the ignorance of many people chiming in when they clearly have no idea what they are talking about.

# 1, he was not charged with bringing it on the plane, which would be a federal crime.

#2, Switchblade knives are illegal to carry in Philadelphia pursuant to 18 Pa.C.S. 908: Prohibited Offensive Weapons

"Offensive weapons." Any bomb, grenade, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun with a barrel less than 18 inches, firearm specially made or specially adapted for concealment or silent discharge, any blackjack, sandbag, metal knuckles, dagger, knife, razor or cutting instrument, the blade of which is exposed in an automatic way by switch, push-button, spring mechanism, or otherwise, any stun gun, stun baton, taser or other electronic or electric weapon or other implement for the infliction of serious bodily injury which serves no common lawful purpose."

Drez
07-07-2013, 07:28 PM
# 1, he was not charged with bringing it on the plane, which would be a federal crime.

#2, Switchblade knives are illegal to carry in Philadelphia pursuant to 18 Pa.C.S. 908: Prohibited Offensive Weapons

"Offensive weapons." Any bomb, grenade, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun with a barrel less than 18 inches, firearm specially made or specially adapted for concealment or silent discharge, any blackjack, sandbag, metal knuckles, dagger, knife, razor or cutting instrument, the blade of which is exposed in an automatic way by switch, push-button, spring mechanism, or otherwise, any stun gun, stun baton, taser or other electronic or electric weapon or other implement for the infliction of serious bodily injury which serves no common lawful purpose."That's the state code. Philly prohibits the carrying of ALL knives. However, is can having it in your luggage really be considered carrying?

Rudyy
07-07-2013, 07:37 PM
That's the state code. Philly prohibits the carrying of ALL knives. However, is can having it in your luggage really be considered carrying?Well, you're transporting it..even though you're technically carrying it.

RoanokeFan
07-07-2013, 07:39 PM
That's the state code. Philly prohibits the carrying of ALL knives. However, is can having it in your luggage really be considered carrying?

Philadelphia is the only first class county in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the laws of the Commonwealth are enforced. In those situation where the City (County) of Philadelphia has enacted it's own crimes codes those codes can be more restricttive than the Commonwealth's but not less restrictive.

This is a misdemeanor and any beat cop in Philadelphia would immediately know if this was a crime. He was arrested and while innocent until proven guilty applies, it is a prohibited offensive weapon.

He will get a good lawyer and this will likely all go away assuming he's got a clean record.

If the bag was in his possession, he was carrying it. The same would apply of he were driving a car and it were legally found.

NYG in NE
07-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Obviously TSA didnt realize carrying a knife in Philly is required.

RoanokeFan
07-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Obviously TSA didnt realize carrying a knife in Philly is required.

They all live in the suburbs :rolleyes:

Drez
07-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Well, you're transporting it..even though you're technically carrying it.See, to me there's a distinction between carrying and possessing. Carrying means having it on your person in a manner that would make it readily accessible. Possessing would be having it in your possession, but in such a way that accessing it would be laborious. In such a case as this, the knife was in his possession, but he wasn't necessarily carrying it.

RoanokeFan
07-07-2013, 08:16 PM
See, to me there's a distinction between carrying and possessing. Carrying means having it on your person in a manner that would make it readily accessible. Possessing would be having it in your possession, but in such a way that accessing it would be laborious. In such a case as this, the knife was in his possession, but he wasn't necessarily carrying it.

Possession in a vehicle is carrying even if it's under the seat, in the glove box, etc.

Rudyy
07-07-2013, 08:27 PM
See, to me there's a distinction between carrying and possessing. Carrying means having it on your person in a manner that would make it readily accessible. Possessing would be having it in your possession, but in such a way that accessing it would be laborious. In such a case as this, the knife was in his possession, but he wasn't necessarily carrying it.I meant to say not carrying. My B.

Harooni
07-07-2013, 09:23 PM
im pretty sure he was stopped before he did carry it on the plane, Roa. probably in his carryon bag.

RoanokeFan
07-07-2013, 09:29 PM
im pretty sure he was stopped before he did carry it on the plane, Roa. probably in his carryon bag.

It had to be or he would be charged with a federal crime. I am guessing it was discovered during the ticket counter process.

Delicreep
07-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Such a strange thing: Half of me thinks he's a complete idiot for going anywhere near an airport with a switchblade, and half of me sees it as the classic absent minded, boneheaded move we have all made.

I travel by plane far less than this guy probably does, but enough to know the rules, and I have still walked to the x-ray area with items I have been forced to give up. One time, I actually saw my checked luggage roll past me on a cart...taunting me.

RoanokeFan
07-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Such a strange thing: Half of me thinks he's a complete idiot for going anywhere near an airport with a switchblade, and half of me sees it as the classic absent minded, boneheaded move we have all made.

I travel by plane far less than this guy probably does, but enough to know the rules, and I have still walked to the x-ray area with items I have been forced to give up. One time, I actually saw my checked luggage roll past me on a cart...taunting me.

Some people just forget. And some people think their bag won't be examined.

Delicreep
07-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Some people just forget. And some people think their bag won't be examined.

I actually now rely completely on my GF to pack for me/us.

She's decanting this into small containers, packing that in the check in...she just has it down.

RoanokeFan
07-07-2013, 10:10 PM
I actually now rely completely on my GF to pack for me/us.

She's decanting this into small containers, packing that in the check in...she just has it down.

You are a wise man. I usually tell my wife we'll buy whatever after we get where we're going lol

Harooni
07-07-2013, 10:31 PM
one time i completely forgot i had an alarm clock and road flares in my carry on .

TCHOF
07-07-2013, 10:38 PM
one time i completely forgot i had an alarm clock and road flares in my carry on .

ha ha . . . like a Wile E. Coyote bomb

Delicreep
07-07-2013, 10:44 PM

I can see explaining one or the other successfully, but combined...that seems like that's story is gonna have to start with, ..."I know this sounds crazy, but..."

Harooni
07-07-2013, 10:48 PM
I can see explaining one or the other successfully, but combined...that seems like that's story is gonna have to start with, ..."I know this sounds crazy, but..." lol

i just dont get how people accidentally have guns and knives while checking in for a flight. i can see a lighter and mouthwash and other banned stuff.

Harooni
07-07-2013, 10:51 PM
although i could see being a TSA agent has its perks

http://youtu.be/d87ZCAWl01U

wideright91
07-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Philadelphia is the only first class county in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the laws of the Commonwealth are enforced. In those situation where the City (County) of Philadelphia has enacted it's own crimes codes those codes can be more restricttive than the Commonwealth's but not less restrictive.

This is a misdemeanor and any beat cop in Philadelphia would immediately know if this was a crime. He was arrested and while innocent until proven guilty applies, it is a prohibited offensive weapon.

He will get a good lawyer and this will likely all go away assuming he's got a clean record.

If the bag was in his possession, he was carrying it. The same would apply of he were driving a car and it were legally found.

There's actually a loophole in the way the Pennsylvania is worded. If your arresting officer questions, specifically, "Is this a knife" and you reply with "No, this is a knife" and then pull out a larger, more menacing knife, you are free to go. Not sure if this applies to the TSA laws, though.

wideright91
07-07-2013, 11:16 PM
the way the Pennsylvania *law is worded, that is. Joke fail.

nycisgreat
07-07-2013, 11:30 PM
When will these guys learn!

RoanokeFan
07-07-2013, 11:37 PM
When will these guys learn! It really isn't that big a deal. He was released on his own recognizance.

par404
07-07-2013, 11:42 PM

You are correct. Just over blown publicity in Philadelphia.

giantsfan420
07-07-2013, 11:43 PM
is there any chance this effects his standing in terms of making the roster?

and what are some of the punishments handed out for similar cases? i doubt he gets more than a joke of probation. prob gets dismised. but i dunno the specifics at all.

Rudyy
07-07-2013, 11:44 PM

and what are some of the punishments handed out for similar cases? i doubt he gets more than a joke of probation. prob gets dismised. but i dunno the specifics at all.This is minor. I don't think he's getting cut, I doubt the Giants even care really, I mean they care, but it's nothing serious.

giantsfan420
07-07-2013, 11:51 PM
and couldnt a good defense lawyer get connor off. bc connor doesnt live in philly. he can claim he was going to an area where switchblades are legal, couldnt he? he was at the airport and it was in his luggage. is he allowed to bring it with him to the airport if hes bringing it somewhere legal?

RoanokeFan
07-08-2013, 12:37 AM
and couldnt a good defense lawyer get connor off. bc connor doesnt live in philly. he can claim he was going to an area where switchblades are legal, couldnt he? he was at the airport and it was in his luggage. is he allowed to bring it with him to the airport if hes bringing it somewhere legal? Ignorance of the law is not a defense. But, it isn't the end of the world based on what little we know.

Redeyejedi
07-08-2013, 08:01 AM
To me this is a non issue it would be ridiculous to keep him off the roster for this. We kept guys around for worse things

RoanokeFan
07-08-2013, 08:03 AM
To me this is a non issue it would be ridiculous to keep him off the roster for this. We kept guys around for worse things

That's not going to happen

bigblue58
07-08-2013, 08:43 PM
I wonder if someone ratted him out?

No.....they saw it when they passed the bag through the x-ray machine!

speedman
07-08-2013, 08:47 PM
No.....they saw it when they passed the bag through the x-ray machine!Was it a carry on bag or a checked bag?

jomo
07-08-2013, 08:54 PM
In truth, I am much more concerned about whether Jacquan Williams will be healthy and ready to take his next step up with us. Connor is a roster filler, nothing more.

Roosevelt
07-08-2013, 10:45 PM
Don't quote me, but I heard Dan was trying out for the off-Broadway version of West Side Story.

jomo
07-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Don't quote me, but I heard Dan was trying out for the off-Broadway version of West Side Story.Riff, Tony, Bernardo??

Roosevelt
07-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Riff, Tony, Bernardo??

Whichever was the dumb one.

RoanokeFan
07-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Whichever was the dumb one.

That was Curly

Bing Crosby
07-08-2013, 10:59 PM
That was Curly

Oh a wise guy huh? Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!

GiantRoc
07-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Hahaha. I'm glad I went to this page this quick. I needed a chuckle. Don't be to tough on the guy. We all screw up. I'm a cop in NY and always have a knife of some sort as a back up. Sometimes you are used to always having one and just forget. And don't take the news reports as fact. Just because the news says switchblade doesn't mean it is. I carry a great knife that opens a lot like a switch, but is totally legal. I'm glad the cops who showed up showed good discretion. TSAs are mostly square badge wannabes and like playing tough cop. Sometimes laws are tricky. Switchblades are even legal in NY when you are fishing. But you have to still get it there. I agree though. He will have to be more careful.

Roosevelt
07-09-2013, 12:55 AM

and what are some of the punishments handed out for similar cases? i doubt he gets more than a joke of probation. prob gets dismised. but i dunno the specifics at all.

That all depends on whether people report him or not.

TCHOF
07-09-2013, 07:41 AM
Hahaha. I'm glad I went to this page this quick. I needed a chuckle. Don't be to tough on the guy. We all screw up. I'm a cop in NY and always have a knife of some sort as a back up. Sometimes you are used to always having one and just forget. And don't take the news reports as fact. Just because the news says switchblade doesn't mean it is. I carry a great knife that opens a lot like a switch, but is totally legal. I'm glad the cops who showed up showed good discretion. TSAs are mostly square badge wannabes and like playing tough cop. Sometimes laws are tricky. Switchblades are even legal in NY when you are fishing. But you have to still get it there. I agree though. He will have to be more careful.

How is the law prohibiting taking a switchblade on a plane "tricky"?

bigblue58
07-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Was it a carry on bag or a checked bag?

I don't know if it was a suitcase or carry on bag, nor do I know the color or the brand!

Kruunch
07-09-2013, 09:24 AM

http://cooltop10s.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Moron.jpg

Kruunch
07-09-2013, 09:34 AM

Dan Conner's valet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switchblade#Legality

New Jersey Possession: Limited - Possession is only allowed if possessor has a "lawful purpose" State Code: Code of Criminal Justice - 2C:39-3 (http://pweb.netcom.com/%7Ebrlevine/nj.txt)

Carry: Very Limited - Possession only legal while in the woods or engaged in hunting or fishing and possess a valid hunting or fishing license-State Code: Code of Criminal Justice (http://pweb.netcom.com/%7Ebrlevine/nj.txt)

Or did you think he was trying to fish in the coy fountain?

giant-4-life
07-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Look, everyone relax. This is NOT a giant issue rather, an off field issue and Conner may or may not get caught up in any clauses about off field issues.

moosedrool
07-09-2013, 07:22 PM
How many people here carry a switchblade knife? It's not a pocket knife. Connor is a mediocre LB that does not improve our LB's at all, and now his IQ is exposed. Cut the idiot and move on.

GameTime
07-09-2013, 07:24 PM
How many people here carry a switchblade knife? It's not a pocket knife. Connor is a mediocre LB that does not improve our LB's at all, and now his IQ is exposed. Cut the idiot and move on.
cut him?....that makes less sense then him carrying a switchblade.

moosedrool
07-09-2013, 07:50 PM
cut him?....that makes less sense then him carrying a switchblade.To you maybe. Dumb people do dumb things. You can't fix stupid.

Blue_Cusen
07-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Our MLB position has to be ranked #32 in the league.... And I am now calling Dan Connor "Switchblade" the rest of the year.

I was thinking Bladerunner before I read this.

RoanokeFan
07-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Oh a wise guy huh? Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!

The good old days lol

RoanokeFan
07-09-2013, 08:53 PM

That's a little drastic, don't you think? We don't even know why he had it in the first place. He's been arrested and will get his day in court. We should just wait and see how this plays out.

Actually, what does this have to do with his IQ?

Drez
07-09-2013, 08:58 PM
That's a little drastic, don't you think? We don't even know why he had it in the first place. He's been arrested and will get his day in court. We should just wait and see how this plays out.

Actually, what does this have to do with his IQ?I think all you need to know is contained within his screen name.

RoanokeFan
07-09-2013, 09:03 PM
I think all you need to know is contained within his screen name.

I can't go there, but..........

Drez
07-09-2013, 09:05 PM
I can't go there, but..........lol

GameTime
07-09-2013, 09:09 PM
To you maybe. Dumb people do dumb things. You can't fix stupid.

to use poor English...
That ain't really that dumb.....

gmen46
07-09-2013, 09:44 PM

Why would we cut Connor for having a knife in his bag, when we recently took on Shaun Rogers, who was arrested for having a loaded gun in his bag at Hopkins Int'l Airport a couple years ago (Apr 2011)?

NYGabriel
07-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Why would we cut Connor for having a knife in his bag, when we recently took on Shaun Rogers, who was arrested for having a loaded gun in his bag at Hopkins Int'l Airport a couple years ago (Apr 2011)?

Plax had a loaded gun too.

GameTime
07-09-2013, 09:55 PM
discharged in a public place and it was illegal.......
a bit different

GiantRoc
07-10-2013, 12:26 AM
How is the law prohibiting taking a switchblade on a plane "tricky"?

Sorry you misunderstood. My point was he may have had it in his bag and forgotten about it. I didn't see any real details on the knife. I was saying also that in my experience news reports are often wrong. Especially when higher profile people are involved. Then again he could have just been dumb. All that bring said, lacking any other indication of poor character, I wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

gmen46
07-10-2013, 05:19 AM

But we did cut him. Not a good argument for my point :)

bigblue58
07-13-2013, 12:43 PM
cut him?....that makes less sense then him carrying a switchblade.

How ironic would that be......cutting a guy for carrying a knife!!!

JsBigBlue
07-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Whats with middle LBers and knifes. I think Dan will be ok. It was just a dumb move on his part. He just got caught having one. Atleast he didnt get accused of murder by stabbing someone like Ray Lewis did, but... Hey he made out alright. He's going to the Hall of Fame.

Red Dog
07-13-2013, 07:36 PM
You mean all the Giants players don't travel to and through Philadelphia without a gun?