Rudyy
07-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Can you link it? I'm on a cell phone.

Drez
07-08-2013, 12:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=udLV_qClg98

Rudyy
07-08-2013, 01:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=udLV_qClg98Thanks loser.

Toadofsteel
07-08-2013, 01:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

gmen0820
07-08-2013, 01:09 AM
Someone should make a turnover version. The outrage would be hilarious.

Rudyy
07-08-2013, 01:14 AM
God I love the 2011 season.

Rudyy
07-08-2013, 01:14 AM
Someone should make a turnover version. The outrage would be hilarious.There's a video of his 25 picks.

gmen0820
07-08-2013, 01:17 AM
There's a video of his 25 picks.Where it was believed (maybe still is) that only Giants receivers tipped passes.

giantsfan420
07-08-2013, 01:26 AM
im gonna enjoy this.

giantsfan420
07-08-2013, 01:28 AM
ya know what sucked about hixons injury 2011. the play before, iirc, MM had a streak down the left sideline WIDE OPEN that he somehow managed to trip over his own feet and concuss himself. it shoulda been a TD already negating the play Hixon hurt himself on.

eh, 2011 worked out alright.

giantsfan420
07-08-2013, 01:30 AM
iirc, unless they go back in different orders, they missed a Ballard TD vs AZ

fizzlesticks
07-08-2013, 01:37 AM
Where it was believed (maybe still is) that only Giants receivers tipped passes.

That's funny, just looked up the video and the first play was a tipped pass.

edit: ...and the second.
and the third.

giantsfan420
07-08-2013, 01:39 AM
2 things jump out at me

1-Nicks is INSANE when healthy. he is a ****ing animal. a man child. he really is top 5 imho when healthy. the stuff he did in that clip....my god.

2-Nicks was NOWHERE NEAR the level he played in 2011 for the 2012 season. maybe a couple games but even those games, like the TB game, he still didnt look like 2011 Nicks. he is tough and a trooper for tryin to play through. i am fine with the missed OTAs lookin back. I want, i NEED lol a healthy nicks for 2013

giantsfan420
07-08-2013, 01:41 AM
That's funny, just looked up the video and the first play was a tipped pass.

edit: ...and the second.
and the third.of the 25 ints, 16 iirc were tipped. some more offensive than others.

like the @ dallas game. first two passes go through nicks n smiths hands with the passes on the #s. they each ran a curl type route and they didnt go for the body catches, which was correct. but it went inbetween both hands and careemed up for easy ints

gmen0820
07-08-2013, 01:42 AM
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2010/fo-mailbag-dropped-interceptions

Antwuan
07-08-2013, 02:07 AM
Nice!

2011 was Eli Manning's best season.

P_Simms_#11
07-08-2013, 03:08 AM
Thanks for posting. My favorites are the B. Jacobs TD, Cruz TD against the Jets, and the "Hail Mary" Nicks TD.

BuffyBlueII
07-08-2013, 03:14 AM
2 things jump out at me

1-Nicks is INSANE when healthy. he is a ****ing animal. a man child. he really is top 5 imho when healthy. the stuff he did in that clip....my god.

2-Nicks was NOWHERE NEAR the level he played in 2011 for the 2012 season. maybe a couple games but even those games, like the TB game, he still didnt look like 2011 Nicks. he is tough and a trooper for tryin to play through. i am fine with the missed OTAs lookin back. I want, i NEED lol a healthy nicks for 2013

A healthy Hakeem Nicks is a key to our Offensive success.

LT, our Greatest Player of All Time is a Tar Heel.

Hakeem Nicks, our Greatest NY Giant Wide Reciever of All Time is a Tar Heel.

That should tell you all something.

gmen0820
07-08-2013, 03:18 AM
That should tell you all something.Tells me Marvin Austin has to step the **** up.

ehadad37
07-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Thanks for th link. it was great to be remember again with 2011 season.
I hope 2013 will be match like to 2011.

Drez
07-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Where it was believed (maybe still is) that only Giants receivers tipped passes.You have to admit though, that Eli had an abnormally high number of tipped passes that turned into picks.

talbot
07-08-2013, 08:54 AM
That go ahead TD Nicks catches in Arizona is one of my favorite plays. Peterson is expecting the back shoulder, bites on it, and Eli just tosses it out a little further.

Beautiful.

gumby74
07-08-2013, 09:40 AM
You have to admit though, that Eli had an abnormally high number of tipped passes that turned into picks. Some of those passes were terrible. The WR should have caught it. But throwing it high and behind isn't helping.

GameTime
07-08-2013, 09:44 AM
nothing new here. We have all seen the good and the bad. Have been involved in the "Eli's fault" vs the "receivers fault".
A successful QB has good to very good WRs.
Successfull receivers have a good to very good QB.

Pretty simple.

TheAnalyst
07-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Hakeem Nicks, our Greatest NY Giant Wide Reciever of All Time is a Tar Heel.

That should tell you all something.

Tells me that your definition of "Greatest NY Giant Wide Reciever of All Time" is off... Nicks isn't even the best on the team right now until he proves otherwise. Cruz has been the better of the 2 the last 2 years. In fact, Cruz is the best WR the Giants ever had statistically for 2 years.

fizzlesticks
07-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Tells me that your definition of "Greatest NY Giant Wide Reciever of All Time" is off... Nicks isn't even the best on the team right now until he proves otherwise. Cruz has been the better of the 2 the last 2 years. In fact, Cruz is the best WR the Giants ever had statistically for 2 years.

And it begins.

Rudyy
07-08-2013, 10:11 AM
2 things jump out at me1-Nicks is INSANE when healthy. he is a ****ing animal. a man child. he really is top 5 imho when healthy. the stuff he did in that clip....my god.2-Nicks was NOWHERE NEAR the level he played in 2011 for the 2012 season. maybe a couple games but even those games, like the TB game, he still didnt look like 2011 Nicks. he is tough and a trooper for tryin to play through. i am fine with the missed OTAs lookin back. I want, i NEED lol a healthy nicks for 2013Because he was injured.

Rudyy
07-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Tells me that your definition of "Greatest NY Giant Wide Reciever of All Time" is off... Nicks isn't even the best on the team right now until he proves otherwise. Cruz has been the better of the 2 the last 2 years. In fact, Cruz is the best WR the Giants ever had statistically for 2 years.Cruz has only been better because he stayed healthy.Nothing else.

Rudyy
07-08-2013, 10:24 AM
For anyone who cares, here is all of Eli's touchdowns from 2007: http://youtu.be/iHciv1Nmc6c

speedman
07-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Tells me that your definition of "Greatest NY Giant Wide Reciever of All Time" is off... Nicks isn't even the best on the team right now until he proves otherwise. Cruz has been the better of the 2 the last 2 years. In fact, Cruz is the best WR the Giants ever had statistically for 2 years.Nicks is still the better receiver.

TheAnalyst
07-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Nicks is still the better receiver.

Not statistically. But I do agree when healthy, Nicks is the better WR. The problem is Nicks is only healthy about 50% of the time.

TheAnalyst
07-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Cruz has only been better because he stayed healthy.Nothing else.

I agree. But that is a HUGE issue. You cant say someone is better who can not stay on the field. Thats like saying someone like Willis McGahee is better then Walter Peyton but didnt have the numbers because he was injured. I know thats not the best example but you get what Im trying to say. Getting injured is part of the game. If you cant stay healthy, you arent as good or useful as a player who is healthy and making an impact. And Cruz isnt a slug out there. He is probably our biggest playmaking WR we ever had (for 2011 alone) and has set many WR records for our team. Nicks would be the better WR if he could stay healthy, but he cant.

Buddy333
07-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Nicks is only healthy 50% of the time?

Rudyy
07-08-2013, 10:59 AM
I agree. But that is a HUGE issue. You cant say someone is better who can not stay on the field. Thats like saying someone like Willis McGahee is better then Walter Peyton but didnt have the numbers because he was injured. I know thats not the best example but you get what Im trying to say. Getting injured is part of the game. If you cant stay healthy, you arent as good or useful as a player who is healthy and making an impact. And Cruz isnt a slug out there. He is probably our biggest playmaking WR we ever had (for 2011 alone) and has set many WR records for our team. Nicks would be the better WR if he could stay healthy, but he cant.Judging by production, Nicks is not great. Judging by how he plays the receiver position, Nicks is without a doubt great. Now, his injuries certainly don't help his case by any means. If you can't stay on the field, how great can you be? I determine greatness by how he plays the position and his production when he was healthy.

TheAnalyst
07-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Nicks is only healthy 50% of the time?

Give or take.. I think he was only healthy for 1 game last year. He got hurt week 2 and never recovered. Yeah, he plays through it but he was nopt anywhere near 100%.

TheAnalyst
07-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Judging by production, Nicks is not great. Judging by how he plays the receiver position, Nicks is without a doubt great. Now, his injuries certainly don't help his case by any means. If you can't stay on the field, how great can you be? I determine greatness by how he plays the position and his production when he was healthy.

Hard to say IF in this senerio though, but I get what you are saying. If Nicks can stay healthy, he is a top 5 WR in this league. But he can't so he isn't. Hopefully this year he is.

speedman
07-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Give or take.. I think he was only healthy for 1 game last year. He got hurt week 2 and never recovered. Yeah, he plays through it but he was nopt anywhere near 100%.He was having a good game in week 2. He was consistently beating their CB's until the guy came down on the back of his leg. You can't say that because he tried to play through the injury and wasn't as effective that he's not a great player.

Rudyy
07-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Hard to say IF in this senerio though, but I get what you are saying. If Nicks can stay healthy, he is a top 5 WR in this league. But he can't so he isn't. Hopefully this year he is.But to me, injuries don't automatically make him not good or great. Cruz is only better because he is more productive, but more production to me doesn't mean better receiver.

TheAnalyst
07-08-2013, 11:14 AM
He was having a good game in week 2. He was consistently beating their CB's until the guy came down on the back of his leg. You can't say that because he tried to play through the injury and wasn't as effective that he's not a great player.

What I am pointing out with this statement was that he is injured a lot. I know how good he is healthy. He is one of the best in the league. But he is injuried a lot, which hurts his value.

TheAnalyst
07-08-2013, 11:18 AM
But to me, injuries don't automatically make him not good or great. Cruz is only better because he is more productive, but more production to me doesn't mean better receiver.

I just don't understand how people can honestly say that you can be a great player and not produce. I think in order to be great you need to pass the eye test and the stat test. Guys like Megatron and Andre Johnson and Larry Fitz would kill to have Eli throwing them the ball for their careers. They put up great stats without great QBs (Well, Megatron and Johnson now have solid QBs but didnt). Nicks has that, he just cant stay healthy.

I guess we just agree to disagree about how great someone can be while being a bit injury prone. Nicks is a phenominal WR, when healthy.

BigBlue1971
07-08-2013, 11:22 AM
im thinking we will see a lot of plays similar to the long pass to Jacobs at :27 and the screen to Bradshaw at 1:14.

I think Wilson especially will excel at those type plays where he can go the distance from anywhere.

Buddy333
07-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Last year was tough for him but the 3 seasons prior he missed 6 games.

Rudyy
07-08-2013, 12:26 PM
]I just don't understand how people can honestly say that you can be a great player and not produce.[/B] I think in order to be great you need to pass the eye test and the stat test. Guys like Megatron and Andre Johnson and Larry Fitz would kill to have Eli throwing them the ball for their careers. They put up great stats without great QBs (Well, Megatron and Johnson now have solid QBs but didnt). Nicks has that, he just cant stay healthy.

I guess we just agree to disagree about how great someone can be while being a bit injury prone. Nicks is a phenominal WR, when healthy.Because of the way he plays when he is healthy. If you think receivers should be judged based on production, then I can see where you are coming from. I base my opinion on receiving ability.

Providence
07-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Great video, thanks for sharing.

Nicks' second TD against Atlanta in the first round of the playoffs is one of my favorite TD's by him. Great play. His first against Green Bay in the next game was also awesome.

gumby74
07-08-2013, 01:57 PM
I just don't understand how people can honestly say that you can be a great player and not produce. I think in order to be great you need to pass the eye test and the stat test. Guys like Megatron and Andre Johnson and Larry Fitz would kill to have Eli throwing them the ball for their careers. They put up great stats without great QBs (Well, Megatron and Johnson now have solid QBs but didnt). Nicks has that, he just cant stay healthy.

I guess we just agree to disagree about how great someone can be while being a bit injury prone. Nicks is a phenominal WR, when healthy.

I agree to some extent. They still need to be productive, but they may bring something else as well. For example, DeSean Jackson. Over-rated? Or does he make everyone else around him better. Personally, I think he's worth the 10 million the eagles paid him.

Perfect Paradox
07-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Very cool video. Thanks for sharing, OP.

speedman
07-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Hard to say IF in this senerio though, but I get what you are saying. If Nicks can stay healthy, he is a top 5 WR in this league. But he can't so he isn't. Hopefully this year he is.You're only looking at last year. Brady missed a whole year. Doesn't make him less of a player. Nicks had a knee injury last year. Doesn't make him less of a player.

Rudyy
07-08-2013, 02:12 PM
You're only looking at last year. Brady missed a whole year. Doesn't make him less of a player. Nicks had a knee injury last year. Doesn't make him less of a player.Right. As a PLAYER he is great, no matter the injuries.