PDA

View Full Version : watching NO vs CAR and noticed something about our run game

hungrrrry
01-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Our running backs have no explosion, no speed out of the backfield. Granted, the Oline needs to get more of a push. Ware has decent explosion but little vision/awareness for the hole.
During the off-season we need an overhaul in our run-game, obviously, but I think we need to bring in some fresh (uninjured) speed.
Both Carolina and New Orleans are ripping it up on the ground...good game with no implications on us so I will enjoy a fast-paced football game!

jomo
01-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Our running backs have no explosion, no speed out of the backfield. Granted, the Oline needs to get more of a push. Ware has decent explosion but little vision/awareness for the hole. During the off-season we need an overhaul in our run-game, obviously, but I think we need to bring in some fresh (uninjured) speed. Both Carolina and New Orleans are ripping it up on the ground...good game with no implications on us so I will enjoy a fast-paced football game!Ware has no explosion whatsoever.

NYGFaninILL
01-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Our running backs have no explosion, no speed out of the backfield. Granted, the Oline needs to get more of a push. Ware has decent explosion but little vision/awareness for the hole.
During the off-season we need an overhaul in our run-game, obviously, but I think we need to bring in some fresh (uninjured) speed.
Both Carolina and New Orleans are ripping it up on the ground...good game with no implications on us so I will enjoy a fast-paced football game!

Our run game has improved exponentially over the past month ...

bronxvgiant
01-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Go Carolina, Go 49ers!

appodictic
01-01-2012, 02:48 PM
I honestly can say the angles the TV crews use change how fast people look.

BornLegend
01-01-2012, 02:55 PM
NO is unstoppable. I don't see nobody stopping them in the playoffs... not even the Packers.

BornLegend
01-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Sorry to change the subject. You can continue on with your regular scheduled program.

chasjay
01-01-2012, 03:10 PM
NO is unstoppable. I don't see nobody stopping them in the playoffs... not even the Packers.

Maybe they'll stop padding Brees's stats now that they are up 38-14. But maybe not. I live in Greater N.O. area - God, I hope they don't win the SB again. Some of the ****iest folks in the world when they have a little success. Roll Tide!

Gianthunter
01-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Anybody else hear the phantom whistles in the first half?

Gmen2005
01-01-2012, 03:16 PM
I actually came into this thread expecting to see this

"It sucks."

Gmen2005
01-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Anybody else hear the phantom whistles in the first half?

http://www.elianacooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/11-14-10-Eliana-takes-a-picture-with-the-famous-Saints-Whistle-Man.jpg

RagTime Blue
01-01-2012, 03:26 PM
We've relied on a bullying O-Line for a long time. Now that they're not that anymore, it shows the limitations of our RB's.

BornLegend
01-01-2012, 03:29 PM

Maybe they'll stop padding Brees's stats now that they are up 38-14. But maybe not. I live in Greater N.O. area - God, I hope they don't win the SB again. Some of the ****iest folks in the world when they have a little success. Roll Tide!
I think every team fans are ****y when they win a SB. These Saints are something else though, a well oiled machine. I don't feel sorry for a team getting blown out... you don't wanna see N.O. pad their stats, STOP em!

NYfanatic
01-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Drew brees still being in the game despite it being a blow out shows he only cares about padding his stats.
I hope if we face them again we crush him and make Drew cry.

chasjay
01-01-2012, 03:35 PM

I think every team fans are ****y when they win a SB. These Saints are something else though, a well oiled machine. I don't feel sorry for a team getting blown out... you don't wanna see N.O. pad their stats, STOP em!

They are unbelievable offensively - no doubt. My comments are based on living here the past 11 years - believe me, they can take obnoxious to a whole other level. I don't expect them to slack off on the opponent - there's just a bit more to it.

BornLegend
01-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Drew brees still being in the game despite it being a blow out shows he only cares about padding his stats.
He's out the game now. Even though Carolina has a bad record, you gotta bury em because they have an offense that can do some damage. Coughlin and the Giants need to learn how to develop a killer instinct and bury a team. When was the last time we blew somebody out?

bansaw
01-01-2012, 03:56 PM
He's out the game now. Even though Carolina has a bad record, you gotta bury em because they have an offense that can do some damage. Coughlin and the Giants need to learn how to develop a killer instinct and bury a team. When was the last time we blew somebody out?we've had Sheridan and Fewell DCing

NYfanatic
01-01-2012, 04:06 PM
He's out the game now. Even though Carolina has a bad record, you gotta bury em because they have an offense that can do some damage. Coughlin and the Giants need to learn how to develop a killer instinct and bury a team. When was the last time we blew somebody out?
I still hope if we face them we shut up the entire Superdome and make drew cry. That would be a great game.

BlueSanta
01-01-2012, 04:11 PM
We've relied on a bullying O-Line for a long time. Now that they're not that anymore, it shows the limitations of our RB's.

Yes and no.

Our line is def not as good this year as it has been in the past.

But rather than saying "our backs have always been limited" I just take into account most RBs careers are short and our rbs are on the decline.

Jacobs is almost 30, thats old for a NFL RB.

Ahmad Bradshaw is younger but has had terrible ankle/foot problems. His wheels are falling off.

BornLegend
01-01-2012, 04:18 PM
He's out the game now. Even though Carolina has a bad record, you gotta bury em because they have an offense that can do some damage. Coughlin and the Giants need to learn how to develop a killer instinct and bury a team. When was the last time we blew somebody out?we've had Sheridan and Fewell DCing
Stop it! We were playing tight games when Spags was here.

hungrrrry
01-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Could have been closer but Carolina allowed themselves to get away from the run game which was working well in the first half...burned time on the clock, moved the ball into scoring range and kept Brees off the field...bad play calling

bronxvgiant
01-01-2012, 05:38 PM
They are a great team but look at how they(saints) play on the road.Not so great.Plus their division is cupcake.

BornLegend
01-01-2012, 06:38 PM
I still hope if we face them we shut up the entire Superdome and make drew cry. That would be a great game.
The thought of Brees crying on the sideline is hilarious.