PDA

View Full Version : What chances do you guys believe....

TheManningFam10
07-08-2013, 09:18 AM
That Da Monsta Moore ends up starting at some point in the season? I, in no way shape or form, am predicting this...however, i did think it was a curious situation to look at. I really believe that the man will be a very solid player in this league, and if Tuck doesn't step his game up this season (not to mention JPP's injury situation), it seems to me like there's a whole lot of room for playing time. The competition should be really fun to watch. I'm sure that if JPP is healthy, and Tuck was benched for some reason it would be Kiwi stepping in. But who knows? Maybe the 20 yr old comes in rookie year and beasts....

Can't wait for training camp to start, I think the competition level for this year is the highest its been in a while.

Go Giants!

PS- I'm really hoping that Tuck just returns to 08 form lol

slipknottin
07-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Starting doesn't really mean anything. All that matters is snap count and how he performs when he does play. Aldon Smith didn't start a single game his rookie year, but had 14 sacks

TCHOF
07-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Starting doesn't really mean anything. All that matters is snap count and how he performs when he does play. Aldon Smith didn't start a single game his rookie year, but had 14 sacks

Agreed. I'm thinking that he probably gets into games initially as a situational pass rusher, and if he can handle that, his playing time and responsibility will increase.

TheManningFam10
07-08-2013, 09:40 AM
yeah i agree with both you guys. 14 sacks would suffice slip

TheAnalyst
07-08-2013, 09:42 AM
I think it will take a while before we really get him in the line. I think JPP-Tuck-Kiwi-Tracy may all be ahead of him in the depth chart to start the year. Dont forget about Ojomo too. Moore has to prove he can be a player on every play.

TheManningFam10
07-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Agreed, I haven't forgotten about Ojomo or Tracy...and i too think that Moore is behind those guys on the depth chart. But theres always the possibility of him having a stellar camp/preseason to change that. I think he has the best skill set out of all those 3, its just gonna depend on how quickly he can pickup the D. I believe I read that he could see playing time at lb as well? Alot for a kid his age to take on in a rookie season, it will be interesting to see how he responds.

slipknottin
07-08-2013, 10:03 AM
yeah i agree with both you guys. 14 sacks would suffice slip

would make him rookie of the year.. i think like 5 sacks is more reasonable.

TheManningFam10
07-08-2013, 10:06 AM
would make him rookie of the year.. i think like 5 sacks is more reasonable.

Agreed, i'd be satisfied with 5. 9-10 would be amazing

TheAnalyst
07-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Agreed, I haven't forgotten about Ojomo or Tracy...and i too think that Moore is behind those guys on the depth chart. But theres always the possibility of him having a stellar camp/preseason to change that. I think he has the best skill set out of all those 3, its just gonna depend on how quickly he can pickup the D. I believe I read that he could see playing time at lb as well? Alot for a kid his age to take on in a rookie season, it will be interesting to see how he responds.

Yeah, but remember he is only 20 years old. Coughlin doesnt like playing the young guys and he is about as young as they come. Even JPP wasnt released his rookie year.

slipknottin
07-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Yeah, but remember he is only 20 years old. Coughlin doesnt like playing the young guys and he is about as young as they come. Even JPP wasnt released his rookie year.

Why is this always repeated? Coughlin has no problem at all playing rookies.

TheAnalyst
07-08-2013, 10:12 AM

Outside of the 07's class, and even those guys most weren't playing early on, who else has made a big impact as a rookie under Coughlin?

TheManningFam10
07-08-2013, 10:14 AM

Yeah I don't see the whole "Coughlin doesn't play rookies" deal. I think he plays whoever earns the position, which JPP had not accomplished over Tuck or Osi in his rookie season

TheAnalyst
07-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Yeah I don't see the whole "Coughlin doesn't play rookies" deal. I think he plays whoever earns the position, which JPP had not accomplished over Tuck or Osi in his rookie season

Wonder if he would play Nassib if he clearl;y outshines Eli and Eli has a horrible preseason... lol

TheManningFam10
07-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Wonder if he would play Nassib if he clearl;y outshines Eli and Eli has a horrible preseason... lol

lol im pretty sure thats one of the few, if not the only exception

slipknottin
07-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Outside of the 07's class, and even those guys most weren't playing early on, who else has made a big impact as a rookie under Coughlin?

Nearly every year a rookie plays a ton.

Nicks had 800 yards and 6 TDs as a rookie.

JPP played a lot of snaps his rookie year.

This past season we started getting total snap counts for all the players, so you can look at how much they actually played, and it was significant.

Randle - 24% of offensive snaps
Wilson - 12%
Hosley - 43%
Hill & Kuhn - 16%

TheManningFam10
07-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Nearly every year a rookie plays a ton.

Nicks had 800 yards and 6 TDs as a rookie.

JPP played a lot of snaps his rookie year.

This past season we started getting total snap counts for all the players, so you can look at how much they actually played, and it was significant.

Randle - 24% of offensive snaps
Wilson - 12%
Hosley - 43%
Hill & Kuhn - 16%

interesting. i will predict da monsta at 30% of the defensive snaps, with 20% coming the second half of the season

BigBlue1971
07-08-2013, 10:42 AM
That Da Monsta Moore ends up starting at some point in the season? I, in no way shape or form, am predicting this...however, i did think it was a curious situation to look at. I really believe that the man will be a very solid player in this league, and if Tuck doesn't step his game up this season (not to mention JPP's injury situation), it seems to me like there's a whole lot of room for playing time. The competition should be really fun to watch. I'm sure that if JPP is healthy, and Tuck was benched for some reason it would be Kiwi stepping in. But who knows? Maybe the 20 yr old comes in rookie year and beasts....

Can't wait for training camp to start, I think the competition level for this year is the highest its been in a while.

Go Giants!

PS- I'm really hoping that Tuck just returns to 08 form lol

if Moore is as advertised and Tuck plays well nascar is back in a big way.

and we haven't even mentioned Kiwi, JPP and hopefully Ojomo and Tracy.

TheManningFam10
07-08-2013, 10:48 AM

Exactly. Oh how wonderful it would be to once again have a smothering dline attack. would certainly improve the secondary a lot as well

egyptian420
07-08-2013, 11:51 AM

and we haven't even mentioned Kiwi, JPP and hopefully Ojomo and Tracy.+1.....And then you got Linval, Jenkins, Kuhn, and Patterson/Hankins in the rotation....Looks like they're going for that 07 Dline, hopefully it works out like that

UKAnt14
07-08-2013, 11:54 AM

Add to that NASCAR defence, a franchise QB, three top WR's and an explosive RB...I'm excited!

TheAnalyst
07-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Add to that NASCAR defence, a franchise QB, three top WR's and an explosive RB...I'm excited!

Sounds great, but my worries are with the LB and secondary. Quick slants / TE play will beat the pass rush all day. Thats why Witten had 18 catches in one game vs us last year.