PDA

View Full Version : More Accorsi on Eli trade

GoDeep80
07-09-2013, 04:11 AM
If you haven't seen it here you go! I thought it was interesting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzFQR48eM8g... I also thought Ben and his agent were ******s.

giantsfam04
07-09-2013, 04:43 AM
Great video, never gets old. One thing that people forget about is that the Chargers head coach didn't want Eli anyway. At least that's what I remember reports saying.

Cool Papa B.
07-09-2013, 05:35 AM
If you haven't seen it here you go! I thought it was interesting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzFQR48eM8g... I also thought Ben and his agent were ******s.

I don't see the link to the video. Can you repost please? Thanks.

nygfanmaybe
07-09-2013, 07:07 AM
EA is stupid. SB wins are nice, fun to talk about, etc...but FF stats are what matters.

Toadofsteel
07-09-2013, 07:08 AM
EA is stupid. SB wins are nice, fun to talk about, etc...but FF stats are what matters.

I thought fantasy football didn't exist back then? I mean, the internet wasn't really a thing back then...

nygfanmaybe
07-09-2013, 07:19 AM
I thought fantasy football didn't exist back then? I mean, the internet wasn't really a thing back then...Did you put yours in red because I didn't? Sarcasm is no fun if you have to let people know you are being sarcastic. It's kinda like telling a joke and having to explain the punchline.

Toadofsteel
07-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Did you put yours in red because I didn't? Sarcasm is no fun if you have to let people know you are being sarcastic. It's kinda like telling a joke and having to explain the punchline.

You'd be surprised at how often people misread sarcasm on the internet as genuine. Without seeing the person talking and knowing their tone of voice and body language, it's much more difficult to just know. It's a condition I sometimes call "Internet Autism"...

nygfanmaybe
07-09-2013, 07:39 AM
You'd be surprised at how often people misread sarcasm on the internet as genuine. Yeah...I know. We've been down that road before on this board. In my case, I have been around here long enough for the regulars to know where I stand..,..especially on Eli...and the rest...the newbies that don't know? Well, I guess that will be part of the ride for them...having to figure out who is who and what is what.

njsean
07-09-2013, 07:44 AM
I actually enjoyed the shots of Ben and his agent. Neat perspective and natural for them to be a little bitter. When the Giants picked Rivers at 4, did he knock a water over? Haha

GameTime
07-09-2013, 07:44 AM
Did you put yours in red because I didn't? Sarcasm is no fun if you have to let people know you are being sarcastic. It's kinda like telling a joke and having to explain the punchline.
think of it lik ethis....... using red font is like going to see a comedian. You know the jokes are coming but they are still funny..
Or when you are in person the inflection in your voice and the look on your face goes hand in hand with the sarcasm.
In print you dont have those other markers.

GameTime
07-09-2013, 07:52 AM
wow....all the "Eli sucks" chants going on when he was up there with his family while holding the Chargers jersey...

nygfanmaybe
07-09-2013, 07:57 AM
wow....all the "Eli sucks" chants going on when he was up there with his family while holding the Chargers jersey...Of course they did. Can you imagine what it would have been like if the Giants had the first pick and he told them not to draft him, it went public, and then they did draft him? As far as the Charger fans go...anyone chanting that and not knowing what was about to happen was not paying attention, IMO. I knew something was up because there is no way that Eli could have stayed in SD after the "announcement". They would have run him out of town on a rail...kinda like Ryan Leaf but only for a different reason.

GameTime
07-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Of course they did. Can you imagine what it would have been like if the Giants had the first pick and he told them not to draft him, it went public, and then they did draft him? As far as the Charger fans go...anyone chanting that and not knowing what was about to happen was not paying attention, IMO. I knew something was up because there is no way that Eli could have stayed in SD after the "announcement". They would have run him out of town on a rail...kinda like Ryan Leaf but only for a different reason.

Just dont remember that. I am not big on watching draft day anyway. I read about it.

nygfanmaybe
07-09-2013, 08:02 AM
You think the chants were loud then...do you remember the chants the first time NY went to SD after the trade?

Kruunch
07-09-2013, 08:20 AM
wow....all the "Eli sucks" chants going on when he was up there with his family while holding the Chargers jersey...

That's in reference to Eli (or rather Archie) stating previously that Eli didn't want to play for the Chargers. Not surprising in that context.

The video and the book "The GM" are a little out of sync with each other. Seems like Ernie remembers this a little differently with each telling.

TCHOF
07-09-2013, 08:45 AM
That's in reference to Eli (or rather Archie) stating previously that Eli didn't want to play for the Chargers. Not surprising in that context.

The video and the book "The GM" are a little out of sync with each other. Seems like Ernie remembers this a little differently with each telling.

He seems to always remember to put on that ridiculous hair hat though!

Kruunch
07-09-2013, 08:46 AM
He seems to always remember to put on that ridiculous hair hat though!

It detracts from his pelican sized waddle.

GameTime
07-09-2013, 08:51 AM

no ****....I am not that clueless....

Kruunch
07-09-2013, 09:02 AM
no ****....I am not that clueless....

Are you sure?

Flip Empty
07-09-2013, 09:15 AM
think of it lik ethis....... using red font is like going to see a comedian. You know the jokes are coming but they are still funny..
Or when you are in person the inflection in your voice and the look on your face goes hand in hand with the sarcasm.
In print you dont have those other markers.
Spelling it out defeats the purpose, I reckon. If someone takes it seriously, that's their problem.

EliDaMANning
07-09-2013, 09:19 AM
2 SB MVP for Eli

0 SB for Rivers, Merriman and Kaeding.

GameTime
07-09-2013, 09:24 AM
2 SB MVP for Eli

0 SB for Rivers, Merriman and Kaeding.
Not a Giants vs Chargers thing or a validation that EA was right. Its just a video.
Besides...Giatns didnt want Rivers and the Chargers didnt want Eli....
they were used as pawns to get what each team wanted...

gumby74
07-09-2013, 09:49 AM
The 2004 draft benefited all 3 teams involved in the "big 3". It was a win win for everyone.

EliDaMANning
07-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Not a Giants vs Chargers thing or a validation that EA was right. Its just a video.
Besides...Giatns didnt want Rivers and the Chargers didnt want Eli....
they were used as pawns to get what each team wanted...It is definintely was a SD vs NY thing from 2004-2007 for SD fans and I take great pleasure in bringing facts to discuss how lopsided this trade has become.

GameTime
07-09-2013, 10:05 AM
It is definintely was a SD vs NY thing from 2004-2007 for SD fans and I take great pleasure in bringing facts to discuss how lopsided this trade has become.
But the OP and the point of the thread has nothing to do with how the fans feel or felt....thats what i am getting at.
we all know what has happened since draft day.....but its irrevelant to the thread.

giantsfan420
07-09-2013, 10:12 AM
pretty interesting how EA was content having ben R as the fall back, but that there was no doubt that he had to get Eli if there was ANY chance he could. really awesome clip that isnt as widely known.

giantsfan420
07-09-2013, 10:13 AM
and Bens agent is funny "can you believe Rivers would be the fourth pick???....Eli handled this pefectly by being an ******* on camera."

giantsfan420
07-09-2013, 10:15 AM
rivers is 24-24 his last 3 yrs with no playoff appearences. before that, they had marginal success despite having the most talented roster for a good 2-3 yr span...

Pitt and the NYG made out like bandits. SD...not as much. Any SD fan would tell ya the same. They had a thread on their MB a while back that was posted here, and half their fans were of the notion they shoulda tried to somehow keep eli bc that woulda meant a SB even tho he's this gigantic *** and half just had noting but contempt for him.

giantsfan420
07-09-2013, 10:15 AM
double post

giantsfan420
07-09-2013, 10:22 AM
loved the way that clip ended. EA says it best. not even gonna do it the injustice of me quoting it...

and really, the SB 42 to Tyree play, and the SB 46 to MM play, its rare when you get a play that encapsulates a player and what made him so sought after. But, those two plays, he elevated the team and made players around him better. I dont think anyone can rightfully argue that Tyree play, Tyree didnt suddenly become this 1 handed acrobatic WR. Or that MM and how just earlier he seemed as aware of the sidelines as a 2 yr old would be.

2 SBs, Eli has led the team into the endzone to win the game. thats the measure of greatness, and there isnt a price too expensive to ensure those 2 moments.

Moke
07-09-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm still baffled of why this always gets spoken about. It's like 8-9 years ago.

EliDaMANning
07-09-2013, 10:33 AM
But the OP and the point of the thread has nothing to do with how the fans feel or felt....thats what i am getting at.
we all know what has happened since draft day.....but its irrevelant to the thread.And I should care? LOL

GameTime
07-09-2013, 10:34 AM
And I should care? LOL
I guess only if you feel like posting something that is relevant to the thread or do you just want to be on the "Eli is great campaign" 24/7...??

EliDaMANning
07-09-2013, 10:38 AM
I guess only if you feel like posting something that is relevant to the thread or do you just want to be on the "Eli is great campaign" 24/7...??I don't post for your approval.

GameTime
07-09-2013, 10:41 AM
I don't post for your approval.
obviously you dont post for anything except for Eli props.

BTW....Eli doesnt need your approval.....

ImElectric2
07-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Can someone link the video? Nothing is showing up for me.

AllHailEli
07-09-2013, 12:24 PM
and Bens agent is funny "can you believe Rivers would be the fourth pick???....Eli handled this pefectly by being an ******* on camera."

Best quote ever: "Eli handled this perfectly by being an ******* on camera." LOL!

Flip Empty
07-09-2013, 07:09 PM
Can someone link the video? Nothing is showing up for me.

Hit Reply With Quote on the OP.

Gmen2005
07-09-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm so happy we got Eli. Worked out for the best

ImElectric2
07-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Hit Reply With Quote on the OP.Thanks!