PDA

View Full Version : David Wilson Can Be The X-factor!

B&RWarrior
07-09-2013, 11:11 AM
I think if we incorporate more screenplays in our offense it can really become a lethal part of our offense, and set up Nicks on a deep ball with a fake screen play. I also think David Wilson on a swing route(?) out the back field will be nasty. We could also put him in motion or in the slot. I think he has Tiki potential, but not quite Marshall Faulk. I'm excited to see how we will use him. I hope he worked on his receiving skills.

BigBlue1971
07-09-2013, 11:14 AM
after seeing all of Elis tds from 2011 i said the same thing about the Jacobs long pass and the Bradshaw screen.

i expect we will see several similar plays this season, especially with Wilson.

Moke
07-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Hopefully, I agree though. It's going to be interesting what he can do this season and if he can help the offense a lot.

keyofgmen
07-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Quiet!...I'm trying to hide him for a sleeper pick on my FF team.....

Toadofsteel
07-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Killdrive can't comprehend what an x-factor is and.doesn't understand how to use one...

GameTime
07-09-2013, 11:40 AM
the running game itself can be the "Xfactor" for the Gemn this season.....

Moke
07-09-2013, 11:42 AM
It's okay, Perry Fewell and the defense got this.

B&RWarrior
07-09-2013, 11:47 AM
It's okay, Perry Fewell and the defense got this.

I'm worried about that D.

Moke
07-09-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm worried about that D.

Yeah, lol. My post was sarcastic

giantsfan420
07-09-2013, 12:05 PM
we do use that WR fake bubble screen slot WR wheel route play quite often, and often it was Bradshaw and even DW a couple times, who would be the decoy screen pass target.

But I agree, screen passes would be huge imo, especially if our OL struggles to keep the protection up at a rate that our offense can be consistent.

Also, anyway we can get DW the ball in space, should be something that is tried repeatedly. because the likelihood is, if he gets some room, he's taking it all the way.

I wouldnt classify him as the "x factor" tho. Imo, I think its evident he is going to have success. My RB "x factor" would be AB2. Because I expect DW to perform. If AB2 can perform as well, our run game will be almost as lethal as the pass game imo.

MattMeyerBud
07-09-2013, 12:17 PM
I think if we incorporate more screenplays in our offense it can really become a lethal part of our offense, and set up Nicks on a deep ball with a fake screen play. I also think David Wilson on a swing route(?) out the back field will be nasty. We could also put him in motion or in the slot. I think he has Tiki potential, but not quite Marshall Faulk. I'm excited to see how we will use him. I hope he worked on his receiving skills.

that's why I want us to stretch for Vonta Leach. Can't have a bandaid FB in front of him in Pascoe for the full year. PLus having the best FB in the game would be huge regardless

giantscolombia
07-09-2013, 12:28 PM
that's why I want us to stretch for Vonta Leach. Can't have a bandaid FB in front of him in Pascoe for the full year. PLus having the best FB in the game would be huge regardless
Whatever happened with contract talks... i thought he was supposed to have made a decision on his team last monday..

MattMeyerBud
07-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Whatever happened with contract talks... i thought he was supposed to have made a decision on his team last monday..

last I heard is that Miami has not given an official offer

Ravens have a minimum or close to it offer on the table

we haven't been reported to of offered anything but you would have to think that with Cruz done now, we may make a move. I mean if we were semi serious about it, the time would be now because I don't think Nicks is willing to talk long term now. I think those deals are done.

giantscolombia
07-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Having Leach here would be huge! I mean the guy is literally the best FB in the game... I would rather sign this guy for one year than rush Hyno back. Bear is not really the answer here and if we plug Myers at FB we are losing his real value.