PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Roster Breakdown: Damontre Moore

RoanokeFan
07-09-2013, 02:05 PM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/7/9/4500594/new-york-giants-roster-breakdown-damontre-moore

Damontre Moore (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/193505/damontre-moore) was drafted in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-draft) by the New York Giants (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/new-york-giants) with the hopes that he would become their next dominant pass-rushing defensive end. As we continue our player-by-player breakdown of the 90-man roster the Giants will bring to training camp later this month let's look at what sort of impact Moore might be able to have as a rookie.

2012 Season In Review

Moore was a consensus All-American after a dominant season at Texas A&M, where he compiled 85 tackles (21 for loss) and 12.5 sacks. He finished three seasons at Texas A&M with 26.5 sacks in 38 games." Read more...

giantscolombia
07-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Can he crack the starting line-up? Can he be a force?

I think this kid is going to dominate... I'm excited for pre-season!!!!

sethm
07-09-2013, 02:25 PM
From what I read the coaches like his potential but his body is not there yet. The interesting question is whether Justin Tuck can show he is still a factor at getting to the passer. Kiwi could push for more snaps if Tuck falters. I also feel that Tracy will step up but if he does not Ojomo has a real chance as well.

All that said if Moore shows well at camp you never know.

GameTime
07-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Lots of opportunity all along the DL.....he will have his chance to show what he has.....

RoanokeFan
07-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Lots of opportunity all along the DL.....he will have his chance to show what he has.....

+1

Toadofsteel
07-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Is it sad that I only just realized that they've been doing these articles in.alphabetical order?

Buddy333
07-09-2013, 05:09 PM
They really need this guy to play like rookie of the year. They are extremely thin at a position they once dominated.

RoanokeFan
07-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Is it sad that I only just realized that they've been doing these articles in.alphabetical order?

Sad, no, pathetic, MAYBE :rolleyes:

gmenfan0488
07-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Moore was my favorite pick of the draft. I think the guy could be a consistent 8+ sacks a year kind of guy. Bad combine numbers kept him from being a first round pick, he was the best D-End in the SEC not named Jadevon Clowney IMHO. Getting him in the third round was possibly the steal of the draft

giantsfan420
07-10-2013, 03:17 AM
Moore was my favorite pick of the draft. I think the guy could be a consistent 8+ sacks a year kind of guy. Bad combine numbers kept him from being a first round pick, he was the best D-End in the SEC not named Jadevon Clowney IMHO. Getting him in the third round was possibly the steal of the drafti agree.

apparently, he has trouble bending and turnin the corner. i didnt see anything that good coaching couldnt fix tho. he also has a relentless motor that will earn him some pressures/sacks just by the onslaught he will dish out as the game goes on, tiring out the OL.

Captain Chaos
07-10-2013, 06:26 AM
Can't wait to see what he does in the Pre season, I think this is one of those guys that will take a couple of years before her really begins to come into his own. Though I think he may be able to be one of those situational pass rushers. Really liked this pick....

GiantDadx3
07-10-2013, 07:12 AM
His birthday is September 11.....

Toadofsteel
07-10-2013, 08:07 AM
i agree.

apparently, he has trouble bending and turnin the corner. i didnt see anything that good coaching couldnt fix tho. he also has a relentless motor that will earn him some pressures/sacks just by the onslaught he will dish out as the game goes on, tiring out the OL.

Can coaching fix his off the field issues?

giantsfan420
07-10-2013, 01:18 PM
id say yes toad actually. i think the proper structure and guidelines and respect can help a person feel and act like an adult.

timmytimm3
07-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Can coaching fix his off the field issues?

What's the worst that can happen??????

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 02:01 PM
The biggest concern I'd have is his size versus speed. He came into the Combine at 250 lbs which is why a ton of people were projecting him to be a 3-4 OLB. The Giants like to put meat on their DEs (JPP gained 25 lbs since coming to the Giants) and my fear would be that he'd lose his speed (which isn't elite to begin with) and first step making him a very average DE.

In the Joker role I don't see him being much more than Kiwi (both good and bad). I thought that's where they would play him mostly this year, but with JPP possibly being down at the beginning of the year, you'll probably see him in a rotation.

I think anything you get from Tracy or Ojomo is pure gravy.

giantscolombia
07-10-2013, 02:06 PM
His birthday is September 11.....
http://travelforemotions.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/dean-what-gif.gif