PDA

View Full Version : Don't chase Coughlin out the door, who's going to replace him??

canseco4040
01-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Everyone keeps saying that Coughlin is coaching for his job. Why???? He has done a very good job and the more important question is, who's out there better than him?? Bill Cowher? What about Bill Cowher's resume makes him a better candidate than Coughlin?

Appreciate what we have and hang on to him!!!

Gmenfan87
01-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Its hard for me to overlook that TC has had a horrible time finding a DC that match our guys. With the exception of Spags. Lewis, Sheridan and Fewell all the same read and react type coaches. Spags was the only one who understood how to play our guys.

How do you keep making that same mistake over and over and over?

I really like the idea of Jeff Fisher.

canseco4040
01-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Valid points. Fisher would probably be pretty good, but is he really notably better than Coughlin? Why make such a big move when you're not sure it's even an upgrade?

GameTime
01-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Its hard for me to overlook that TC has had a horrible time finding a DC that match our guys. With the exception of Spags. Lewis, Sheridan and Fewell all the same read and react type coaches. Spags was the only one who understood how to play our guys.

How do you keep making that same mistake over and over and over?

I really like the idea of Jeff Fisher.
</P>

what do you think they hired Fewell because he was going to run the same D as Lewis and Sheridan?? Last years D was not a read and react type D. This they have stepped into that a bit because of injuries all over the defensive secondary. While I put it all on the DC to find a way and mostly he hasnt. Fewell's D schemes and ideas are not like Sheridans or Lewis' at all. </P>

I like TC but I see a change in the DC for next season.</P>

NYG 5
01-01-2012, 04:25 PM
the entire damn defense was injured, you can only blame fewell so much when he's playing with only 2 rounds in the chamber

Tenspro2002
01-01-2012, 04:35 PM
I also don't understand the fascination with Cowher. We're going to replace one aging disciplinarian with another?

How about a younger coach, in the mold of the Harbaugh's, who can relate to the players and get them to play hard out of respect. 21st century players don't respond to threats and fines for being 2 minutes early to meetings. At least not in the way an old coach would want them to.

Gianthunter
01-01-2012, 04:40 PM
I also don't understand the fascination with Cowher. We're going to replace one aging disciplinarian with another? How about a younger coach, in the mold of the Harbaugh's, who can relate to the players and get them to play hard out of respect. 21st century players don't respond to threats and fines for being 2 minutes early to meetings. At least not in the way an old coach would want them to.Statements about ancient history doesn't support your case.

canseco4040
01-01-2012, 04:45 PM
If they absolutely had to get rid of Coughlin, then yes, I would agree. But I still think there's no need to get rid of him.

I also don't understand the fascination with Cowher. We're going to replace one aging disciplinarian with another?

How about a younger coach, in the mold of the Harbaugh's, who can relate to the players and get them to play hard out of respect. 21st century players don't respond to threats and fines for being 2 minutes early to meetings. At least not in the way an old coach would want them to.