PDA

View Full Version : Vacchiano: Victor Cruz contract complicates matters for NY Giants' Hakeem Nicks

Pages : [1] 2

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 07:33 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/vacchiano-hakeem-giants-pact-won-dream-article-1.1394397#ixzz2YdZy6wBu

When Victor Cruz (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Victor+Cruz) signed his new contract, collected his $9.5 million signing bonus and began his new life as a multi-millionaire, it marked the end of a long and sometimes stressful negotiation. It was also only the beginning for the Giants, because Hakeem Nicks (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Hakeem+Nicks) is now on the clock.

Whatever angst anyone felt over the last eight months or so as the Giants and Cruz’s various people haggled over what turned into a six-year, $45.879 million deal, that’s nothing compared to what lies ahead as Nicks moves to the head of the line. He, not Cruz, is the Giants’ No. 1 receiver, but he has a long history of injuries that complicates his value. He’s going to want an enormous deal — think Mike Wallace and the five-year, $60 million deal he got from Miami — that could be too big of a risk for the salary cap-strapped Giants to take.

That’s a big reason why they couldn’t give Cruz No. 1 receiver money, and why they tried so hard for so long to keep the overall value of Cruz’s deal down.

“The Giants knew that whatever they paid Cruz they were going to have to pay more to Nicks,” one prominent NFL agent said. “His agents were watching this whole thing closely and I’m sure they were drooling over the size of Cruz’s deal.”

Nicks, 25, probably will end up with a contract — from someone — that dwarfs the 26-year-old Cruz’s deal. But his situation isn’t simple. In the last two seasons, Cruz, not Nicks, is the only receiver in the NFL to have more than 80 catches, 1,000 yards and at least nine touchdowns — a feat no Giants receiver had ever accomplished in consecutive years.
Just as importantly, Cruz didn’t miss a game. Nicks, meanwhile, hasn’t played 16 games in any of his four NFL seasons. Last year, injuries to his foot and knee made him mostly a shell of himself even in the 13 games he did play. He finished with an unimpressive 53 catches for 692 yards and three touchdowns, limping the entire way." Read more...

slipknottin
07-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Really don't think it's going to dwarf Cruz's deal at all. It will be slightly higher

Bee
07-10-2013, 08:18 AM
now is when we really start to feel the classic giant-fan cognitive dissonance

Gimaniac
07-10-2013, 08:37 AM
If Nicks is hampered by injuries again this year, he will get less than Cruz.

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 08:44 AM
Really don't think it's going to dwarf Cruz's deal at all. It will be slightly higher

I tend to agree, especially if Cruz continues to be the most productive receiver.

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Prediction: If Nicks stays healthy and goes over 1000 yards this year, he won't be a Giant next year. If he misses a couple of games and has less than 70 receptions / 800 yards, he'll get less money than Cruz and / or not be a Giant.

giantscolombia
07-10-2013, 09:10 AM
I still dont think so. Somehow he is still going to demand to get more than Vic.

nhpgiantsfan
07-10-2013, 09:16 AM
If he hits the open market, he is as good as gone.. And if he has a big year, he'd be foolish to sign before he can test the market.

NYGabriel
07-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Prediction: If Nicks stays healthy and goes over 1000 yards this year, he won't be a Giant next year. If he misses a couple of games and has less than 70 receptions / 800 yards, he'll get less money than Cruz and / or not be a Giant.

So he's leaving whether he has a good year or bad year?

Gimaniac
07-10-2013, 09:28 AM
I still dont think so. Somehow he is still going to demand to get more than Vic.

You are worth what someone is willing to pay, not what you demand.

GameTime
07-10-2013, 09:32 AM
The outside WR position usually demands more money from the get go. Even if Nicks has a great season, which I hope he does, the Giants prob still dont offere him more than 10 mil...IMO

TCHOF
07-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Is there a team in the league that is paying their QB franchise QB money and is also paying top-dollar to 2 WR's??

jomo
07-10-2013, 09:55 AM
You are worth what someone is willing to pay, not what you demand.So simple yet lost on many.
A much greater truism is what I call the greater fool theory. That theory says that there is often times a greater fool willing to pay someone on the basis of emotion not fact. Whether I like it or not, they too make up what we refer to as "the market".

StrahanTheMan
07-10-2013, 09:58 AM
4 years 35 million incentive laden - imo.

Gimaniac
07-10-2013, 10:11 AM
So simple yet lost on many.
A much greater truism is what I call the greater fool theory. That theory says that there is often times a greater fool willing to pay someone on the basis of emotion not fact. Whether I like it or not, they too make up what we refer to as "the market".

There will always be teams willing to overpay. The Giants will never be one of them with JR at the wheel.

Toadofsteel
07-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Is there a team in the league that is paying their QB franchise QB money and is also paying top-dollar to 2 WR's??

Atlanta

NYGabriel
07-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Atlanta

Julio Jones is still on his rookie contract right? I'd say Detroit paying megatron 16mil plus whoever else lines up at receiver for them.

ShineOnForever
07-10-2013, 10:47 AM
If he has a big year the giants will franchise him and workout a long term deal if they haven't locked him up already

Toadofsteel
07-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Julio Jones is still on his rookie contract right? I'd say Detroit paying megatron 16mil plus whoever else lines up at receiver for them.

But detroit isn't paying stafford like a franchise...

I think atlanta will try to find a way to keep white and jones together, especially since tony gonzalez isn't going to pull brett favre acts forever... For all we know theyre watching what reese does very closely...

ShineOnForever
07-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Yea Julio jones is still on his rookie contract

ShineOnForever
07-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Detroit isn't? He signed a 70 million deal with 40 million guaranteed before he took a snap in the nfl.. He just signed a 3 year extensions yesterday with another 41.5 million guaranteed.. It's pretty safe to say he is getting paid like a franchise qb

Ruttiger711
07-10-2013, 10:55 AM

I think atlanta will try to find a way to keep white and jones together, especially since tony gonzalez isn't going to pull brett favre acts forever... For all we know theyre watching what reese does very closely...

Stafford just signed a 3 year - $53 million dollar extension with $41.5 guaranteed.

TCHOF
07-10-2013, 11:02 AM

Julio Jones is still under his rookie deal and won't be a FA until 2015. Roddy White, who is now 31 years old, will also be a FA in 2015. So they will most likely not be paying both of these guys top WR money at the same time (unless they voluntarily extend Jones I guess).

TCHOF
07-10-2013, 11:04 AM

Detroit is only paying the QB and one WR top dollar . . . . looking for a team that pays a franchise QB and also pays two WR's top dollar.

Buddy333
07-10-2013, 11:24 AM
If Randle has a good season they may not match a big deal for Nicks.

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 11:28 AM
So he's leaving whether he has a good year or bad year?

I kind of get that feeling. If he has another injury plagued season, the Giants won't pony up (we've seen this with many other players (Smith, Phillips, etc ...)) and if he has an outstanding season, he'll probably ask for more money than the Giants are willing to pay (I don't see the Giants giving Nicks a Mike Wallace contract .... ever).

The only scenario I see Nicks staying is if he does just under 1000 yards, goes injury free except for a slight strain here or there and the Giants sign him to a contract similar to Cruz's. However I don't get the feeling that Nicks will stay with the Giants for less money if he thinks he can get more elsewhere (total subjective opinion of course).

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 11:29 AM
The outside WR position usually demands more money from the get go. Even if Nicks has a great season, which I hope he does, the Giants prob still dont offere him more than 10 mil...IMO

Exactly my thinking.

TCHOF
07-10-2013, 11:30 AM
I kind of get that feeling. If he has another injury plagued season, the Giants won't pony up (we've seen this with many other players (Smith, Phillips, etc ...)) and if he has an outstanding season, he'll probably ask for more money than the Giants are willing to pay (I don't see the Giants giving Nicks a Mike Wallace contract .... ever).

The only scenario I see Nicks staying is if he does just under 1000 yards, goes injury free except for a slight strain here or there and the Giants sign him to a contract similar to Cruz's. However I don't get the feeling that Nicks will stay with the Giants for less money if he thinks he can get more elsewhere (total subjective opinion of course).

I completely agree with you. I don't see a lot of scenarios where Nicks stays here.

NYG12589
07-10-2013, 11:30 AM
If he has a big year the giants will franchise him and workout a long term deal if they haven't locked him up already

Agreed.

TCHOF
07-10-2013, 11:34 AM

You think the Giants will pay him $10.5M+ (this year's WR franchise number) to play here in 2014? Not sure about that . . .

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 11:43 AM
You think the Giants will pay him $10.5M+ (this year's WR franchise number) to play here in 2014? Not sure about that . . .

The only reason they might is because we have a ton of money coming off the books in 2014. But I agree ... I don't see the Giants doing this (especially if RR shows more and more this year).

giantscolombia
07-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Julio Jones is still under his rookie deal and won't be a FA until 2015. Roddy White, who is now 31 years old, will also be a FA in 2015. So they will most likely not be paying both of these guys top WR money at the same time (unless they voluntarily extend Jones I guess).

Woah! i thought White was younger than that. He's getting a little long in the tooth.

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 11:51 AM

This is very true and since Nicks has already indicated he doesn't know how long he'll play here, it's something Reese is going to use to his advantage.

I think the reason they wanted to get Cruz signed was so that they would have Eli's most productive receiver on board in case they can't sign Nicks.

TCHOF
07-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Woah! i thought White was younger than that. He's getting a little long in the tooth.

He'll be 32 in November.

B&RWarrior
07-10-2013, 11:57 AM

I don't think Randle even plays into the equation. If Nicks stays healthy they will pay him even if Randle has a good year.

Letting your number one receiver go that was arguably best weapon you had during your SB run and the past 4 years is like leaving your wife of 4 years for a stripper that gave you good lap dances for a year. A poor decision indeed.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 11:58 AM
I don't think Randle even plays into the equation. If Nicks stays healthy they will pay him even if Randle has a good year.

Letting your number one receiver go that was arguably best weapon you had during your SB run and the past 4 years is like leaving your wife of 4 years for a stripper that gave you good lap dances for a year. A poor decision indeed.And all this "Oh if Randle has a good year...", what is a good year? Better stats than Nicks? Not getting hurt? I have yet to see what a good year would be. It's so vague.

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 12:00 PM

Letting your number one receiver go that was arguably best weapon you had during your SB run and the past 4 years is like leaving your wife of 4 years for a stripper that gave you good lap dances for a year. A poor decision indeed.

Except that the most successful franchises have done just that: the Patriots and the Steelers. You could even say the Giants, but we had to get our #1 receiver to shoot himself :D

NYGabriel
07-10-2013, 12:11 PM
If Nicks has a solid season he'll be the best wr going into free agency. I think he'll get paid more than Britt, Hayward Bay, Decker, James Jones etc. He most probably will get an offer the Giants can't match.

Flip Empty
07-10-2013, 12:13 PM
If he doesn't explode I'll be fine with letting him go. He's frustrating. All this potential yet he's never had that monster season.

Ruttiger711
07-10-2013, 12:15 PM
If he doesn't explode I'll be fine with letting him go. He's frustrating. All this potential yet he's never had that monster season.

Yeah - just the best WR in super bowl run is all.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 12:16 PM
If he doesn't explode I'll be fine with letting him go. He's frustrating. All this potential yet he's never had that monster season.Nicks might have not have had a "monster' season, but he had a monster postseason, and he IS a monster who has put up very good numbers despite his injuries.

Roosevelt
07-10-2013, 12:26 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/vacchiano-hakeem-giants-pact-won-dream-article-1.1394397#ixzz2YdZy6wBu

When Victor Cruz (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Victor+Cruz) signed his new contract, collected his $9.5 million signing bonus and began his new life as a multi-millionaire, it marked the end of a long and sometimes stressful negotiation. It was also only the beginning for the Giants, because Hakeem Nicks (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Hakeem+Nicks) is now on the clock.

Whatever angst anyone felt over the last eight months or so as the Giants and Cruzís various people haggled over what turned into a six-year, $45.879 million deal, thatís nothing compared to what lies ahead as Nicks moves to the head of the line. He, not Cruz, is the Giantsí No. 1 receiver, but he has a long history of injuries that complicates his value. Heís going to want an enormous deal ó think Mike Wallace and the five-year, $60 million deal he got from Miami ó that could be too big of a risk for the salary cap-strapped Giants to take.

Thatís a big reason why they couldnít give Cruz No. 1 receiver money, and why they tried so hard for so long to keep the overall value of Cruzís deal down.

ďThe Giants knew that whatever they paid Cruz they were going to have to pay more to Nicks,Ē one prominent NFL agent said. ďHis agents were watching this whole thing closely and Iím sure they were drooling over the size of Cruzís deal.Ē

Nicks, 25, probably will end up with a contract ó from someone ó that dwarfs the 26-year-old Cruzís deal. But his situation isnít simple. In the last two seasons, Cruz, not Nicks, is the only receiver in the NFL to have more than 80 catches, 1,000 yards and at least nine touchdowns ó a feat no Giants receiver had ever accomplished in consecutive years.
Just as importantly, Cruz didnít miss a game. Nicks, meanwhile, hasnít played 16 games in any of his four NFL seasons. Last year, injuries to his foot and knee made him mostly a shell of himself even in the 13 games he did play. He finished with an unimpressive 53 catches for 692 yards and three touchdowns, limping the entire way." Read more...

Thanks for posting Ro, but Ralph can be annoying at times as he grasps for something to write about.

There's no way I'm going to waste anymore time than this thinking about Nicks' contract. That will work itself out one way or the other when the time comes. No reason to focus on anything other then this season upcoming.

Ruttiger711
07-10-2013, 12:32 PM
This is very true and since Nicks has already indicated he doesn't know how long he'll play here, it's something Reese is going to use to his advantage.

I think the reason they wanted to get Cruz signed was so that they would have Eli's most productive receiver on board in case they can't sign Nicks.

Is this what you mean by him "indicating" he doesnt know how long he'll be playing here?

"I really canít speak for my whole career," Nicks said. "I enjoy being a Giant right now. Iím going to take care of what I can take care of as long as Iím a Giant, but I do understand the business side of football, too."

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/6/20/4447984/new-york-giants-news-hakeem-nicks-dave-jennings

THAT is what Reese is going to use to his advantage?

Flip Empty
07-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Nicks might have not have had a "monster' season, but he had a monster postseason, and he IS a monster who has put up very good numbers despite his injuries.
It just feels like we haven't seen what he's truly capable of, and I'm not sure that we ever will. As I said - frustrating.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 12:38 PM
It just feels like we haven't seen what he's truly capable of, and I'm not sure that we ever will. As I said - frustrating.He commands double teams, and is the team's number one receiver..I don't understand.

Are you talking about his injuries keeping him from putting up monster stats? Or his actual receiving ability?

B&RWarrior
07-10-2013, 12:40 PM
It just feels like we haven't seen what he's truly capable of, and I'm not sure that we ever will. As I said - frustrating.

sure we do, look no further than the 2011 playoff run. Complete domination!

BigBlue1971
07-10-2013, 12:41 PM
to exceed Cruzs contract numbers I feel Nicks has got to play well and be in the lineup a minimum of 12 games.

if not I think the Giants will feel hes unreliable.

they will offer him what they believe is a fair contract. if he doesn't take it Randall or someone else will have to step up.

Flip Empty
07-10-2013, 12:42 PM
sure we do, look no further than the 2011 playoff run. Complete domination!
Yep, and then the following year he was crippled. So stop start. He fits with the rest of the team, I guess.

Are you talking about his injuries keeping him from putting up monster stats? Or his actual receiving ability?
His injuries. I don't doubt his ability. If he gets hurt again I don't know if it'd be worth investing heavily in him.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 12:47 PM
to exceed Cruzs contract numbers I feel Nicks has got to play well and be in the lineup a minimum of 12 games.

if not I think the Giants will feel hes unreliable.

they will offer him what they believe is a fair contract. if he doesn't take it Randall or someone else will have to step up. I said this during the Cruz contract situation: I believe that Cruz will be willing to take a shorter pay, because he is humble and knows he has many opportunities to shine here. I got flamed for it and well what do you know lol. I believe Nicks is in the same situation. I just don't see him risking his career, and leaving a Super Bowl quality team, to a team like the Raiders. I think Nicks knows the Giants situation, and is willing to take a shorter pay to stay here. Will he demand a lot at first? I'd be surprised if he didn't, but I think Nicks and the Giants will be able to work it out.

Ruttiger711
07-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Yep, and then the following year he was crippled. So stop start. He fits with the rest of the team, I guess.His injuries. I don't doubt his ability. If he gets hurt again I don't know if it'd be worth investing heavily in him.So he frustrates you because he broke his foot? And then had it stepped on in his first game back(after putting up 200 yards no less). Personally dropped passes are more frustrating than injuries you have no control over.

B&RWarrior
07-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Nicks might have not have had a "monster' season, but he had a monster postseason, and he IS a monster who has put up very good numbers despite his injuries.

I don't think Nicks is going to have that "Monster" season in our system. Defenses will, more often than not, take Nicks away and try to let the rest of the team beat them. Why? Because Nicks is the deep ball guy and Cruz works across the middle. Any team would much rather give up first downs then TDs.
His stats weren't monster in 2011 but our results as a team were. When he was unhealthy look how our offense dropped off.

Flip Empty
07-10-2013, 12:50 PM
So he frustrates you because he broke his foot? And then had it stepped on in his first game back(after putting up 200 yards no less). Personally dropped passes are more frustrating than injuries you have no control over.
Frustrating because it keeps happening.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 12:50 PM
I don't think Nicks is going to have that "Monster" season in our system. Defenses will, more often than not, take Nicks away and try to let the rest of the team beat them. Why? Because Nicks is the deep ball guy and Cruz works across the middle. Any team would much rather give up first downs then TDs.
His stats weren't monster in 2011 but our results as a team were. When he was unhealthy look how our offense dropped off.Well I don't know what "monster season" is (Flip, you are encouraged to explain yourself). Nicks, more times than not, is doubled and sometimes triple covered. It's pretty difficult to put up super great numbers when you're faced with that kind of defense.

Ruttiger711
07-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Frustrating because it keeps happening.When did he break his foot before or even have the same injury?Bad luck more than anything

BigBlue1971
07-10-2013, 01:00 PM
I said this during the Cruz contract situation: I believe that Cruz will be willing to take a shorter pay, because he is humble and knows he has many opportunities to shine here. I got flamed for it and well what do you know lol. I believe Nicks is in the same situation. I just don't see him risking his career, and leaving a Super Bowl quality team, to a team like the Raiders. I think Nicks knows the Giants situation, and is willing to take a shorter pay to stay here. Will he demand a lot at first? I'd be surprised if he didn't, but I think Nicks and the Giants will be able to work it out.

Nicks will be easier to work with than Cruz was imo!

hes sensible enough to know 1st hes with a great organization with unlimited offensive capabilities 2nd regardless of what he signs for it will be a great deal of money.

the question is how much money is enough for Nicks.

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Thanks for posting Ro, but Ralph can be annoying at times as he grasps for something to write about.

There's no way I'm going to waste anymore time than this thinking about Nicks' contract. That will work itself out one way or the other when the time comes. No reason to focus on anything other then this season upcoming.

These guys have to make a living and any of us who just absorb what they put out as fact need a reality check. It's provided to generate (or not) discussion.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 01:02 PM

hes sensible enough to know 1st hes with a great organization with unlimited offensive capabilities 2nd regardless of what he signs for it will be a great deal of money.

the question is how much money is enough for Nicks.That all depends on the type of season he has. I don't really think he's gone if he has a good season, that doesn't make much sense. I guess people assume he's going to ask for a lot of money- but again, the Giants CAN work with him.

RoanokeFan

the question is how much money is enough for Nicks.

What did Cruz do that made him hard to deal with?

NYGabriel
I said this during the Cruz contract situation: I believe that Cruz will be willing to take a shorter pay, because he is humble and knows he has many opportunities to shine here. I got flamed for it and well what do you know lol. I believe Nicks is in the same situation. I just don't see him risking his career, and leaving a Super Bowl quality team, to a team like the Raiders. I think Nicks knows the Giants situation, and is willing to take a shorter pay to stay here. Will he demand a lot at first? I'd be surprised if he didn't, but I think Nicks and the Giants will be able to work it out.

The Giants aren't the only SB quality team in the league. Plus there's his hometown team of Carolina. Nicks was asked in 2012 if he would one day play for the panthers and he didn't rule it out. Cruz was different as he was undrafted and a restricted free agent.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 01:04 PM
The Giants aren't the only SB quality team in the league. Plus there's his hometown team of Carolina. Nicks was asked in 2012 if he would one day play for the panthers and he didn't rule it out. Cruz was different as he was undrafted and a restricted free agent.I understand that, but if you are coming off a great year (lets assume that he has a great year), do you really want to risk your career with going elsewhere?

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 01:06 PM
That all depends on the type of season he has. I don't really think he's gone if he has a good season, that doesn't make much sense. I guess people assume he's going to ask for a lot of money- but again, the Giants CAN work with him.

If Nicks has a Nicks-like season, Reese we do everything he can to keep him in blue.

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 01:08 PM
The Giants aren't the only SB quality team in the league. Plus there's his hometown team of Carolina. Nicks was asked in 2012 if he would one day play for the panthers and he didn't rule it out. Cruz was different as he was undrafted and a restricted free agent.

Cruz made it clear he wanted to play here.

NYGabriel
07-10-2013, 01:09 PM

Cruz is a NJ native. He has his family and friends close by.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 01:10 PM
If Nicks has a Nicks-like season, Reese we do everything he can to keep him in blue.Right.

NYGabriel
07-10-2013, 01:11 PM
I understand that, but if you are coming off a great year (lets assume that he has a great year), do you really want to risk your career with going elsewhere?

Of course. He's already said he understands the business aspect. The steelers offered Mike Wallace 10m a year avg but players go for the money these days.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Of course. He's already said he understands the business aspect. The steelers offered Mike Wallace 10m a year avg but players go for the money these days.We'll see.

Ruttiger711
07-10-2013, 01:20 PM

..completely contributed to the Giants being able to hold strong on their offer.

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Is this what you mean by him "indicating" he doesnt know how long he'll be playing here?

"I really can’t speak for my whole career," Nicks said. "I enjoy being a Giant right now. I’m going to take care of what I can take care of as long as I’m a Giant, but I do understand the business side of football, too."

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/6/20/4447984/new-york-giants-news-hakeem-nicks-dave-jennings

THAT is what Reese is going to use to his advantage?

The answer to your first question is yes. It's actually smart for Nicks to take that position, whether he means it or not.

What Reese will use to his advantage is Rueben Randle's continued development.

GameTime
07-10-2013, 01:29 PM
If Nicks has a Nicks-like season, Reese we do everything he can to keep him in blue.
does that mean really good play but injured and limited for a handful of games....lol

:p.....sorry.....

jomo
07-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Are there any stats out there regardng how much most teams are able to commit to the wide receiver position (or any unit for that matter) without crushing the rest of the team?

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Cruz is a NJ native. He has his family and friends close by.

That's certainly part of it.

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 01:34 PM
does that mean really good play but injured and limited for a handful of games....lol

:p.....sorry.....

I'm leaving that up to each waring faction lol

GameTime
07-10-2013, 01:36 PM
I'm leaving that up to each warring faction lol

love Nicks and I am pumped he is at 100% again. Stay healthy and it will all be great.

NYGabriel
07-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Are there any stats out there regardng how much most teams are able to commit to the wide receiver position (or any unit for that matter) without crushing the rest of the team?

I doubt it. There's way too many variables.

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 01:40 PM
love Nicks and I am pumped he is at 100% again. Stay healthy and it will all be great.

This.

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 01:41 PM

Having both Nicks and Cruz on the field give us a potentially deadly offense if the rest of the troops contribute as we hope they will.

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 01:43 PM

Completely subjective. If you pay a lot in one area, you're paying less elsewhere.

However, I don't believe any team to date has managed to keep two #1 receivers (or #1 producing type of receivers) past the second one's contract ... the consensus being that an NFL team couldn't afford to tie up $25MM / year (cap hit wise) on two non-QBs.

BigBlue1971
07-10-2013, 01:46 PM
What did Cruz do that made him hard to deal with?

Cruz himself didn't do anything. im referring to reports JZs organization was advising him and all that.

I think Nicks is already low-key and prefers to deal in confidence and quickly making it easier on himself.

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 01:48 PM
I understand that, but if you are coming off a great year (lets assume that he has a great year), do you really want to risk your career with going elsewhere?

We look at things like "risking you career" by going elsewhere, but players often just want the biggest paycheck they can get no matter who is signing the check. We all want to think our players will just be thrilled to re-sign with the Giants.

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Cruz himself didn't do anything. im referring to reports JZs organization was advising him and all that.

I think Nicks is already low-key and prefers to deal in confidence and quickly making it easier on himself.

You realize Jay-Z doesn't represent Cruz for his NFL contract?

ryan12
07-10-2013, 01:50 PM

agreed

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Right.

Was that agreement or sarcasm?

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 01:51 PM
Was that agreement or sarcasm?Agreement, haha.

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Agreement, haha.

I am writing that on my calendar :o

BigBlue1971
07-10-2013, 01:54 PM
You realize Jay-Z doesn't represent Cruz for his NFL contract?

oh yea I realized Condon was Cruzs contract guy. but you know several threads here covered the Jay-Z thing and I suspect a number of posters were somewhat confused.

NYGabriel
07-10-2013, 01:56 PM
How about the pats? Last year they signed Gronkowski and Hernandez to big deals as well as franchising Welker and signing Lloyd. The Steelers also signed Brown for over 8m and tried to sign Wallace for 10m. The Giants will make Nicks an offer. Whether he accepts it is another matter.

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 01:56 PM
oh yea I realized Condon was Cruzs contract guy. but you know several threads here covered the Jay-Z thing and I suspect a number of posters were somewhat confused.

You can't blame Jay-Z for members' confusion :cool:

It just comes naturally to some

BigBlue1971
07-10-2013, 01:58 PM
You can't blame Jay-Z for members' confusion :cool:

It just comes naturally to some

lmao!

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 01:59 PM
I am writing that on my calendar :oI'm never sarcastic!

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm never sarcastic!

Fixed.

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 02:06 PM
I'm never sarcastic!

You can go to hell for lying lol

ELI_HOF_NYG
07-10-2013, 02:06 PM

or no deal at all,,,cruz has outperformed nicks from a health and performance standpoint regardless of where they line up. nicks also has to prove that he can remain healthy and be relied upon for an entire season or at least most of it. Nicks is a good WR but as of now he does not deserve "#1" WR money. My guess is that he looks elsewhere for a team willing to overpay.

TCHOF
07-10-2013, 02:14 PM
How about the pats? Last year they signed Gronkowski and Hernandez to big deals as well as franchising Welker and signing Lloyd. The Steelers also signed Brown for over 8m and tried to sign Wallace for 10m. The Giants will make Nicks an offer. Whether he accepts it is another matter.

I don't know if the Steelers were ever willing to pay Wallace $10M, especially after they signed Brown. In any event, they didn't do it so . . .

Pats are an interesting comparison . . . Hernandez got a $40M deal and Gronk got a $53M deal. However, I think that the combined total of Cruz's deal and the "top dollar" deal that Nicks would command would probably exceed the total of the Gronk and Hernandez contracts.

Also, with Brady's recent extension, his cap hit for 2013 is $13.8M and for 2014 it is $14.8M. Those numbers are significantly less than Eli's cap hit for the next 2 years, which is over $20M per year.

So we still haven't found a team that has committed as much money in cap space to a QB and 2 WR's as we are talking about committing to Eli, Cruz and Nicks.

TCHOF
07-10-2013, 02:21 PM

Cruz didn't take any less money to play here because he loves it here. He is now the highest paid slot WR in the league and he got that deal even when the Giants were in a better negotiating position due to the fact that Cruz was a RFA. He had no other team to go to and he signed the deal because it would have been foolish to play this year for $2.8M and risk injury with a big deal like that on the table.

Similarly, Nicks will sign with the team that offers him the most money. He won't take any less to play here because he likes the team.

it's cute that you think that though . . . .

Buddy333
07-10-2013, 02:36 PM
This is very true and since Nicks has already indicated he doesn't know how long he'll play here, it's something Reese is going to use to his advantage. I think the reason they wanted to get Cruz signed was so that they would have Eli's most productive receiver on board in case they can't sign Nicks.As much as everyone likes the guy, they can't just give everyone what they want. Who knows if Joseph is here next year? Maybe that's why they drafted Hankins.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Cruz didn't take any less money to play here because he loves it here. He is now the highest paid slot WR in the league and he got that deal even when the Giants were in a better negotiating position due to the fact that Cruz was a RFA. He had no other team to go to and he signed the deal because it would have been foolish to play this year for $2.8M and risk injury with a big deal like that on the table.

Similarly, Nicks will sign with the team that offers him the most money. He won't take any less to play here because he likes the team.

it's cute that you think that though . . . .He's not even in the top 10 in the most highly paid wideouts. In fact, many around the league feel he was underpaid.

I'm not saying he will take less because he is in love with the Giants, but his situation here can do wonders for his career, he already has a ring and can win plenty more if he sticks around.

And it's very cute indeed.

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 02:43 PM
As much as everyone likes the guy, they can't just give everyone what they want. Who knows if Joseph is here next year? Maybe that's why they drafted Hankins.

There is so much we don't know it makes it almost foolish to discuss but that's what fans do. It really doesn't matter what a player "wants." What matters, as we see with Cruz, is what a player will accept. Cruz made a tactical error of sorts by telling his agent not to solicit offers from other teams during the tender open window. But if his goal all along was to stay here, then he wins no matter the details of the contract.

Every player is not going to be that tied to the Giants. Nicks has as indicated he's not. That could be just a strategy but it could also be the truth. If that is the case, as a UFA he's likely to get higher offers elsewhere. Will Reese overpay?

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 02:45 PM
You can go to hell for lying lolI'll be going to hell for other things.

Buddy333
07-10-2013, 02:50 PM
There is so much we don't know it makes it almost foolish to discuss but that's what fans do. It really doesn't matter what a player "wants." What matters, as we see with Cruz, is what a player will accept. Cruz made a tactical error of sorts by telling his agent not to solicit offers from other teams during the tender open window. But if his goal all along was to stay here, then he wins no matter the details of the contract.Every player is not going to be that tied to the Giants. Nicks has as indicated he's not. That could be just a strategy but it could also be the truth. If that is the case, as a UFA he's likely to get higher offers elsewhere. Will Reese overpay?Don't see JR over paying. He played hard ball with lots of guys asking for more. He also has to think of the future. In a few years Prince will be waiting for a deal and if he plays as well as he has he will get paid. Maybe Nicks does want to stay and will be willing to work wit the team but that's not the norm. Guys want to get paid.

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 02:56 PM
I'll be going to hell for other things.

Go to the CONFESSIONAL Thread :p

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Don't see JR over paying. He played hard ball with lots of guys asking for more. He also has to think of the future. In a few years Prince will be waiting for a deal and if he plays as well as he has he will get paid. Maybe Nicks does want to stay and will be willing to work wit the team but that's not the norm. Guys want to get paid.

There is a lot of season between now and Nicks' contract which is a plus for Nicks. He has a chance to d***le before he hits UFA.

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Go to the CONFESSIONAL Thread :p

No no ... I wouldn't be opposed to hearing her sins here.

NYGabriel
07-10-2013, 03:04 PM
There is a lot of season between now and Nicks' contract which is a plus for Nicks. He has a chance to d***le before he hits UFA.

No need to be so vulgar about it.

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 03:06 PM
No need to be so vulgar about it.

*** is caught in the profanity filter

repeatchamps
07-10-2013, 03:07 PM
No no ... I wouldn't be opposed to hearing her sins here.

ROFLMAO!
http://i.imdb.com/Photos/CMSIcons/emoticons/basic2/laugh.gif

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:07 PM
ROFLMAO!
http://i.imdb.com/Photos/CMSIcons/emoticons/basic2/laugh.gif...think it's funny eh?

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:08 PM
No no ... I wouldn't be opposed to hearing her sins here.You can't handle it.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:08 PM
I think the boards are messed up....it doesn't update when a new user posts..

NYGabriel
07-10-2013, 03:10 PM
*** is caught in the profanity filter

Lol. I was just kidding. I'm still nonplussed about what *** means though.

repeatchamps
07-10-2013, 03:10 PM
...think it's funny eh?

If saying no means you will share the sins here then my answer is an emphatic NO, it is not funny at all. It is chauvenisitc and in poor taste, lol.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:11 PM
If saying no means you will share the sins here then my answer is an emphatic NO, it is not funny at all. It is chauvenisitc and in poor taste, lol.Touche.

Well, long ago..when we used to spend summers in PA...I kinda..sort of..bought an Eagles shirt.....

I WAS 10, DON'T JUDGE ME.

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 03:11 PM
You can't handle it.

See now you're just being a tease.

Unless you lit the Pope on fire.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:12 PM
See now you're just being a tease.

Unless you lit the Pope on fire.I lit other things on fire :D

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 03:13 PM
Touche.

Well, long ago..when we used to spend summers in PA...I kinda..sort of..bought an Eagles shirt.....

That might be bannable

Kruunch
Touche.

Ohhhh worse then lighting the Pope on fire then.

repeatchamps
Touche.

That sin is pardoned if it is a shirt that would look spectacular on someone like yourself today in a wet T-shirt contest. Sorry but you gave me an opening so I had to take it, lol.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:16 PM
That might be bannableI'm ashamed to admit it. My parents have a picture of me with me in it in their bedroom. It's ****ing hideous.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Ohhhh worse then lighting the Pope on fire then.Can we still be friends?

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:17 PM
That sin is pardoned if it is a shirt that would look spectacular on someone like yourself today in a wet T-shirt contest. Sorry but you gave me an opening so I had to take it, lol.LOL..um

it's...alright haha.

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 03:18 PM
That sin is pardoned if it is a shirt that would look spectacular on someone like yourself in a wet T-shirt contest. Sorry but you gave me an opening so I had to take it, lol.

There is no woman alive that can make an Eagles jersey look good.

Except maybe Sarah Palin jumping off a cliff in one.

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Can we still be friends?

Oh sure ... I'm Jewish.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Oh sure ... I'm Jewish.lmfao nice..

repeatchamps
07-10-2013, 03:20 PM
I'm ashamed to admit it. My parents have a picture of me with me in it in their bedroom. It's ****ing hideous.

Well other than using the T-shirt today in a wet T-shirt contest which might not be possible, the only other acceptable sin is if you wore it as you said doing the nastiest of your business that you can do in a bathroom or perhaps when you were once wasted drunk (that's of course only if you do drink alcoholic beverages) and puked all over it lol.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:20 PM
BOLD PREDICTION.

Hakeem Nicks will sign a long term contract here. If however he does not, then I will enter a wet t-shirt contest in an Eagles shirt.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Well other than using the T-shirt today in a wet T-shirt contest which might not be possible, the only other acceptable sin is if you wore it as you said doing the nastiest of your business that you can do in a bathroom or perhaps when you were once wasted drunk (that's of course only if you do drink alcoholic beverages) and puked all over it lol.That would be acceptable. However, I am smiling in the picture and look like the happiest kid in the world. That and the Eagles do not mix..

GameTime
07-10-2013, 03:22 PM
BOLD PREDICTION.

Hakeem Nicks will sign a long term contract here. If however he does not, then I will enter a wet t-shirt contest in an Eagles shirt.

can we see some preliminary pics so we know what to expect???

:o

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:22 PM
can we see some preliminary pics so we know what to expect???

:oNice try.

repeatchamps
07-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Oh sure ... I'm Jewish.

lmfao nice..

Another member of the tribe here as well! 2 Jews and a gentile girl. Now it's party time, lol.

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 03:23 PM
BOLD PREDICTION.

Just thinking about it, Nicks kind of sucks.

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 03:24 PM
I'm ashamed to admit it. My parents have a picture of me with me in it in their bedroom. It's ****ing hideous.

While you consider "lighting things", you might want to include their bedroom or at least the wall the picture is on lol

repeatchamps
07-10-2013, 03:25 PM
That would be acceptable. However, I am smiling in the picture and look like the happiest kid in the world. That and the Eagles do not mix..

Back to the wet T-shirt thing then lol.

GameTime
07-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Nice try.
can you post pics to a "PM"....lol

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Just thinking about it, Nicks kind of sucks.Hakeem and I can relate. I mean, no he doesn't, shut up.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:29 PM
can you post pics to a "PM"....lolYEAH SURE. Lol haha no.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:29 PM
While you consider "lighting things", you might want to include their bedroom or at least the wall the picture is on lolVictor says you're trying to get me in trouble.

repeatchamps
07-10-2013, 03:30 PM
While you consider "lighting things", you might want to include their bedroom or at least the wall the picture is on lol

Speaking of "lighting" Kruunch and I want to light the Hannukah candles and give our Hannukah gifts to Rudyy. That's not a bannable offense is it? Lol.

GameTime
07-10-2013, 03:30 PM
YEAH SURE. Lol haha no.
oh well......a guy can dream can't he....:)

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Victor says you're trying to get me in trouble.

You tell Victor he owes me for being his eyes and ears in this den of iniquity

GameTime
Speaking of "lighting" Kruunch and I want to light the Hannukah candles and give our gifts to Rudyy. That's not a bannable offense is it? Lol.
depends on the gifts

GameTime
You tell Victor he owes me for being his eyes and ears in this den of iniquity
like you dont want that job.....you'd moderate the den of iniquity any time wouldnt you Ro????

repeatchamps
07-10-2013, 03:32 PM
depends on the gifts

Based on the denigrating conversation going on here with Rudyy, I think it is easy to surmise what type of gifts Kruunch and I would like to give lol.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:32 PM
You tell Victor he owes me for being his eyes and ears in this den of iniquityI'll tell him you are his number one fanboy.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Based on the denegrading conversation going on here with Rudyy, I think it is easy to surmise what type of gifts Kruunch and I would like to give lol.You guys are not shy at all lmao.

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 03:33 PM
like you dont want that job.....you'd moderate the den of iniquity any time wouldnt you Ro????

Of course, as long as I keep getting a ring :cool:

GameTime
07-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Based on the denegrading conversation going on here with Rudyy, I think it is easy to surmise what type of gifts Kruunch and I would like to give lol.
then yes....its would be a "small" gift but def bannable....lol.

Rudyy
oh well......a guy can dream can't he....:)Haha

Eli TO Shockey
This is probably the way inmates react whenever a female nurse walks by.

GameTime
07-10-2013, 03:35 PM
You guys are not shy at all lmao.
says the lovely lady in the front row willing to don a wet t-shirt....

blue_truth
This all boils down to what kind of season the kid has point blank. Unless someone can predict the future this argument is repetitive. In other words its 50/50

Rudyy
then yes....its would be a "small" gift but def bannable....lol.Oh my God

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:36 PM
This is probably the way inmates react whenever a female nurse walks by.Is Kruunch the female nurse?

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 03:37 PM
I'll tell him you are his number one fanboy.

I'm not sure I can live up to that, but, if not, I will wear a wet t-shirt as well!

Eli TO Shockey
07-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Is Kruunch the female nurse?

No, but im sure he looks good in a skirt.

repeatchamps
07-10-2013, 03:38 PM
You guys are not shy at all lmao.

Well Kruunch opened the door because he began to take it in this direction. When he asked for your sins he put the word "her" in front of sins and that jogged my memory that you were of the female gender and well it all went downhill from there lol.

Please don't take it as male chauvenism because really it is only because rabid guy Giants fans that post on a message board think female Giants fans that post on a message board as rabidly as the guys is super hot. Any shyness a guy posting here may have is gone instantly when they come across someone like yourself lol.

Roosevelt
07-10-2013, 03:41 PM
These guys have to make a living and any of us who just absorb what they put out as fact need a reality check. It's provided to generate (or not) discussion.

True, but his focus appears misguided. I didn't read anything other than the headline, but I see no purpose whatsoever in contemplating the challenges the front office will face due to the signing of Cruz - especially if the intent is to paint a troubling picture.

It's very obvious that every team must consider the ramifications of every signing and how that impacts their current roster as well as the future of the team.

Admittedly, I was very concerned about the salary cap/roster heading into the off-season, but it's very clear we have a very capable front office. Bottom line is it's way too early to be worrying about Nicks' contract. And Nicks is my favorite current Giant.

GameTime
07-10-2013, 03:42 PM
I'm not sure I can live up to that, but, if not, I will wear a wet t-shirt as well!

you just killed the whole thing Ro....great!!!!....:mad:
I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt....:)

repeatchamps
then yes....its would be a "small" gift but def bannable....lol.

Oh my God

Now, now let us not play the size game. Remember it is how you use it that matters lol.

RoanokeFan
True, but his focus appears misguided. I didn't read anything other than the headline, but I see no purpose whatsoever in contemplating the challenges the front office will face due to the signing of Cruz - especially if the intent is to paint a troubling picture.

It's very obvious that every team must consider the ramifications of every signing and how that impacts their current roster as well as the future of the team.

Admittedly, I was very concerned about the salary cap/roster heading into the off-season, but it's very clear we have a very capable front office. Bottom line is it's way too early to be worrying about Nicks' contract. And Nicks is my favorite current Giant.

But Cruz is fast becoming a non-story so there HAS to be something to create controversy.

Eli TO Shockey
How do I prepare myself for an entire year of talking about the hakeem nicks contract? Is there a stretch? maybe a prayer?

Fellow Jews help a brother out...

giant-4-life
07-10-2013, 03:43 PM
I see the Nicks issue in this way. Nicks has been hurt ALOT since he has been here. He could be someone elses diamond in the ruff. The Giants ponied up alot of dough for Cruz which, in the big picture doesn't give the Giants any wiggle room for dealing with Nicks.

our coach needs to start getting the young players involved in the frame of possibilities that Nicks leaves. Who do we have that can step up or who has shown promise to step up and make things happen? We might have to resign ourselves to moving forward without Nicks.

Eli TO Shockey
07-10-2013, 03:43 PM

Now we're talking!

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 03:44 PM
How do I prepare myself for an entire year of talking about the hakeem nicks contract? Is there a stretch? maybe a prayer?

There will be a break for real football I am SURE

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Well Kruunch opened the door because he began to take it in this direction. When he asked for your sins he put the word "her" in front of sins and that jogged my memory that you were of the female gender and well it all went downhill from there lol.Please don't take it as male chauvenism because really it is only because rabid guy Giants fans that post on a message board think female Giants fans that post on a message board as rabidly as the guys is super hot. Any shyness a guy posting here may have is gone instantly when they come across someone like yourself lol.Well I am flattered, and appreciate the um..gesture hahaha. You guys are funny.

repeatchamps
07-10-2013, 03:45 PM

Just think about Rudyy in a wet Eagles T-shirt if Nicks leaves lol.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Now, now let us not play the size game. Remember it is how you use it that matters lol.Trust me, I know!

RoanokeFan
Now we're talking!

Mu mother would not approve, but here goes

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/vishstudio/vishstudio0906/vishstudio090600059/5070259-male-model-in-wet-tshirt.jpg

Eli TO Shockey
There will be a break for real football I am SURE

hopefully soon. I've been playing chicken with oncoming trains to entertain myself since the knicks got eliminated.

Rudyy
Ro..do us ALL a favor and never wear a wet t-shirt.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Just think about Rudyy in a wet Eagles T-shirt if Nicks leaves lol.IF...KEYWORD: IF

Eli TO Shockey
07-10-2013, 03:48 PM
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/vishstudio/vishstudio0906/vishstudio090600059/5070259-male-model-in-wet-tshirt.jpg

thats harooni! nice try!!

Eli TO Shockey
07-10-2013, 03:48 PM

speak for yourself lady. :rolleyes:

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 03:49 PM

I am way ahead of you on that lol

Giantz4Life
07-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Wow, well this thread got really creepy for about 2 pages....

Anyway, Nicks is my favorite current Giant and I'll be upset if he leaves, but I know the Giants will do what is best for the future of the team. So in that aspect, I am not even worried about him possibly leaving because I know they will properly value him and handle his contract situation effectively.

Eli TO Shockey
07-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Wow, well this thread got really creepy for about 2 pages....

Anyway, Nicks is my favorite current Giant and I'll be upset if he leaves, but I know the Giants will do what is best for the future of the team. So in that aspect, I am not even worried about him possibly leaving because I know they will properly value him and handle his contract situation effectively.

one of my favorite giants too! I'd be devastated if he went somewhere else.

repeatchamps
07-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Well I am flattered, and appreciate the um..gesture hahaha. You guys are funny.

It truly is nice that we can be this light hearted in here these days. Before the 2007 Super Bowl win this place was as stressed out as the at least 3 Jewish guys in this thread would be if Hitler walked into a room while we are all in it lol. Of course 2011 has added to the laid back atmosphere as well. Waiting 17 years for the Giants to again win 2 Super Bowls in 5 seasons will do that to you lol.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Wow, well this thread got really creepy for about 2 pages....Anyway, Nicks is my favorite current Giant and I'll be upset if he leaves, but I know the Giants will do what is best for the future of the team. So in that aspect, I am not even worried about him possibly leaving because I know they will properly value him and handle his contract situation effectively.Same. Nicks has done so much for this organization, I can't picture the Giants just letting him wall without negotiating. Sorry for the thread, haha..

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Same. Nicks has done so much for this organization, I can't picture the Giants just letting him wall without negotiating. Sorry for the thread, haha..

Of course they will negotiate with Nicks. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't an approach in November or December if things are going well.

GameTime
07-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Of course they will negotiate with Nicks. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't an approach in November or December if things are going well.
True that.....if they start talking by then it means he is healthy and having a good season....

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Well Kruunch opened the door because he began to take it in this direction. When he asked for your sins he put the word "her" in front of sins and that jogged my memory that you were of the female gender and well it all went downhill from there lol.

Please don't take it as male chauvenism because really it is only because rabid guy Giants fans that post on a message board think female Giants fans that post on a message board as rabidly as the guys is super hot. Any shyness a guy posting here may have is gone instantly when they come across someone like yourself lol.

See this is why I don't tell anyone I'm a female model in the real world.

They just couldn't handle this much Kruunch.

http://media.heavy.com/media/2010/07/bodybuilder.jpg

GameTime
you just killed the whole thing Ro....great!!!!....:mad:
I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt....:)

didnt meant o say you are not a good looking person just not "wet t-shirt" material....lol

Kruunch

That is sooooo my new sig.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:59 PM
It truly is nice that we can be this light hearted in here these days. Before the 2007 Super Bowl win this place was as stressed out as the at least 3 Jewish guys in this thread would be if Hitler walked into a room while we are all in it lol. Of course 2011 has added to the laid back atmosphere as well. Waiting 17 years for the Giants to again win 2 Super Bowls in 5 seasons will do that to you lol.I saw some of the threads pre 2007. It was awful around these parts.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 03:59 PM
didnt meant o say you are not a good looking person just not "wet t-shirt" material....lolCan't believe you hurt his feelings like that. Wow.

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 04:00 PM
I saw some of the threads pre 2007. It was awful around these parts.

Yeah ... it was like being an Eagles fan for a few years there.

GameTime
07-10-2013, 04:01 PM
I saw some of the threads pre 2007. It was awful around these parts.
I dont remember that....but then again I have several hundred thousand less brain cells since 07......

Eli TO Shockey
We need to lock up our best players. I dont think it matters at what position. We dont have many elite players on this team and there arent too many in the NFL. Nicks, JPP, Eli (extension) should be priorities over the next year. Thankfully, guys like Rolle, Tuck, Baas, Snee contracts are coming off the books.

Lock up our best players. draft well, and make under the radar FA moves. This is where my thinking is at.

GameTime
Can't believe you hurt his feelings like that. Wow.

I know...and he's one of my Buddies. Sometimes humor can sting......

repeatchamps

ROFLMAO! He, she, it whatever who cares we're all Giants fans lol.

Eli TO Shockey
07-10-2013, 04:02 PM

I see a justin TUCK happening here.

GameTime
07-10-2013, 04:02 PM
That is sooooo my new sig.
yours.....free of charge......( I am not Jewish.....lol)

Eli TO Shockey
07-10-2013, 04:03 PM

hey now! ;)

GameTime
07-10-2013, 04:03 PM

with that pose she is hiding her package I guess

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 04:04 PM

You're on fire today.

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 04:04 PM
with that pose she is hiding her package I guess

You want to give me a hernia test and find out?

GameTime
07-10-2013, 04:05 PM
You're on fire today.
you guys and gals are presenting me with so much material....its easy....:)

GameTime
07-10-2013, 04:05 PM
turn your head and cough.....

Eli TO Shockey
07-10-2013, 04:06 PM

Silence of the lambs?

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 04:07 PM

Which head? :o

Eli TO Shockey
07-10-2013, 04:08 PM

lmao

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 04:10 PM
I nominate this thread of the year.

GameTime
07-10-2013, 04:11 PM
I guess that settles it....

from cheech and chong up in smoke when cheech picks up chong hitching hiking dresses as a lady. when ching gets in the car he says:

"heeyyy man.....you aint a chick" !!!!!!!

repeatchamps
07-10-2013, 04:12 PM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=kwbUbyQxT3g
http://m.youtube.com/watch?client=mv-google&gl=US&hl=en&feature=related&rl=yes&v=g9OAjqs6dOo

GameTime
07-10-2013, 04:12 PM
I nominate this thread of the year.
just saw your sig wih the fan since 525 BC...
maybe no wet t-shirt for you either. Unless its a night shirt that goes passed your knees,.........lol

GameTime
07-10-2013, 04:13 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=kwbUbyQxT3g

:D

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 04:13 PM
just saw your sig wih the fan since 525 BC...maybe no wet t-shirt for you either. Unless its a night shirt that goes passed your knees,.........lolLMAO...I'm beautiful on the inside?

GameTime
07-10-2013, 04:14 PM
LMAO...I'm beautiful on the inside?

ohh....one of those types. I get it now. Your personality is your best trait I bet too.....:)

Eli TO Shockey
07-10-2013, 04:17 PM

You sure that's not the Jenny Craig slogan ?

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 04:17 PM

Everyone is beautiful in the dark.

Or so my wife keeps telling me.

Eli TO Shockey
07-10-2013, 04:18 PM
ohh....one of those types. I get it now. Your personality is your best trait I bet too.....:)

Never Judge a book by its cover

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 04:18 PM
True that.....if they start talking by then it means he is healthy and having a good season....

Exactly

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 04:19 PM
ohh....one of those types. I get it now. Your personality is your best trait I bet too.....:)I have many great traits. Being beautiful is one of them.

GameTime
Never Judge a book by its cover
I dont read....I look at the pictures......

GameTime
I have many great traits. Being beautiful is one of them.

now that I can believe......

Rudyy
You sure that's not the Jenny Craig slogan ?Ooooohh...that's so wrong lol.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Anyone who is beautiful is dark.We're on the same page.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 04:22 PM
now that I can believe......:)

Kruunch
We're on the same page.

Yes we are.

Eli TO Shockey
Ooooohh...that's so wrong lol.

I'm just teasing. The only thing shallow about me is my pool. I don't know how to swim.

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 04:23 PM
didnt meant o say you are not a good looking person just not "wet t-shirt" material....lol

I was going to write only one person here would know, but I didn't want to give you up lol

Roosevelt
07-10-2013, 04:23 PM
But Cruz is fast becoming a non-story so there HAS to be something to create controversy.

Too bad Coughlin couldn't just have a foot fetish or run with the bulls...

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 04:27 PM

LMAO

GameTime
07-10-2013, 04:28 PM
I was going to write only one person here would know, but I didn't want to give you up lol

ok Buckeroo

GameTime
07-10-2013, 04:29 PM
dont forget the Sanchez tatt on his arm.....
what a joker

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 04:30 PM

Mmmmm feet.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/3/29/1364577278074/TOPSHOTS-This-handout-pic-008.jpg

GameTime
07-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Mmmmm feet.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/3/29/1364577278074/TOPSHOTS-This-handout-pic-008.jpg
sure....the Jew making jokes with a pic of the Pope.....:)

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 04:33 PM
We need to try to get back on topic boys and girls

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Mmmmm feet.http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/3/29/1364577278074/TOPSHOTS-This-handout-pic-008.jpgNice signature, hahaha

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 04:34 PM
We need to try to get back on topic boys and girlsHakeem Nicks will be a Giant for a long time.

GameTime
07-10-2013, 04:36 PM
We need to try to get back on topic boys and girls
Nicks or the wet t-shirt??

Either way I hope we keep Nicks. More importantly he needs to stay healthy. if he can do that the rest will take care of itself

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Nicks or the wet t-shirt??

Either way I hope we keep Nicks. More importantly he needs to stay healthy. if he can do that the rest will take care of itself

A healthy Nicks is a Happy FANBASE

GameTime
07-10-2013, 04:38 PM
A healthy Nicks is a Happy FANBASE
and a happy Eli too

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 04:39 PM
sure....the Jew making jokes with a pic of the Pope.....:)

He's just an old guy in a funny hat to me.

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 04:39 PM

Nicks?

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Hakeem Nicks will be a Giant for a long time.

From your lips to God's ears. But I'd be prepared for disappointment. No team has managed to keep two receivers of Nicks' and Cruz's caliber together past the second contract.

repeatchamps
07-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Nicks?

Well football helmets are funny hats when you really look at them but Nicks isn't really old so my guess is he is talking about the Pope lol.

GameTime
07-10-2013, 04:41 PM

me too........mostly..

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 04:42 PM
From your lips to God's ears. But I'd be prepared for disappointment. No team has managed to keep two receivers of Nicks' and Cruz's caliber together past the second contract.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Well football helmets are funny hats when you really look at them but Nicks isn't really old so my guess is he is talking about the Pope lol.

Talk about a hijacking lol

GameTime
07-10-2013, 04:43 PM
thats why they have Randle, Murph, etc....
have to always have the next "one"...or at least trying for the next "one"...

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 04:44 PM
thats why they have Randle, Murph, etc....
have to always have the next "one"...or at least trying for the next "one"...

It sure worked OK with Cruz after Smith was injured

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 04:45 PM
From your lips to God's ears. But I'd be prepared for disappointment. No team has managed to keep two receivers of Nicks' and Cruz's caliber together past the second contract.Why can't we be the first team?

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 04:46 PM

Like a good woman, I'm just gonna enjoy the time that I have with ... errr ... him?

I might be a tad confused.

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Why can't we be the first team?

Because we all play with the same wallet size.

That and I doubt Reese and company want to do to our DL or OL what they've done to our LBers.

GameTime
07-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Like a good woman, I'm just gonna enjoy the time that I have with ... errr ... him?

I might be a tad confused.
nice sig....:)

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 04:48 PM
nice sig....:)

Thanks. Got it from some old guy in a funny looking hat.

Rudyy
07-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Because we all play with the same wallet size.That and I doubt Reese and company want to do to our DL or OL what they've done to our LBers.Well I shall be writing a letter to Reese soon...as I kind of made a little bet on here involving a wet Eagles t-shirt LOL. In all seriousness, yeah I totally get it. I mean it just bug me how we lose our good players because we can't afford them.

repeatchamps
07-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Talk about a hijacking lol

Yup, hijacked threads, hijacked post replies for sigs, where will it end?! Stop the insanity lol!

repeatchamps
07-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Thanks. Got it from some old guy in a funny looking hat.

For which head again? Lol!

embeshAtYa
07-10-2013, 05:04 PM

I feel the same way. Or Nicks can take a hike.

Rusty192
07-10-2013, 06:02 PM
That sin is pardoned if it is a shirt that would look spectacular on someone like yourself today in a wet T-shirt contest. Sorry but you gave me an opening so I had to take it, lol.Oy