PDA

View Full Version : Eli Glad Cruz Is Back With Giants

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 08:48 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/eli_glad_cruz_in_fold_Vg5fgoqcNt9xGwbhWG4uNP

Excerpt: "Eli Manning has a selfish reason for feeling relieved Victor Cruz finally has secured a long-term deal to remain with the Giants.

“It’s going to be nice to not have to answer any more questions about Victor and his contract status with the team,’’ Manning said Tuesday in an email response.

Indeed, Manning was asked non-stop about Cruz’s absence during the offseason workout program, during the organized team activity practices, during the mandatory minicamp and at various functions and appearances. He offered similar reactions every time, stating he wished Cruz was on the field but, understood that without a contract, Cruz was wise to distance himself from the team.

Now that Cruz is contractually bound to the Giants through the 2018 season, Manning knows he will be throwing to one of his favorite targets for years to come.“It’s great to get Victor signed long-term and before the start of training camp,’’ Manning wrote. “Obviously, he has been a big part of our offense. He has worked really hard on the field to become the player he is and I look forward to continuing our work together.’’ Read more...

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 08:49 AM
I think Eli is just happy that the Giants finally managed to keep one of his go-to guys in house for a change.

CowboysSuck
07-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Yeah, but those 'go-to' guys fell off after they left. And Eli keeps getting younger, better go-to guys. Glad Cruz is back...but to be completely honest I'm not sure to what extent Eli and Co. would really miss him.

Mercury
07-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Yeah, but those 'go-to' guys fell off after they left. And Eli keeps getting younger, better go-to guys. Glad Cruz is back...but to be completely honest I'm not sure to what extent Eli and Co. would really miss him.

Yet, you point out that he's never had the continuity with his 'go to' guys. So, just maybe, that has something to do with Eli's inconsistency. If we can lock Nicks up long term, I think Eli will turn things up a notch.

giantscolombia
07-10-2013, 11:34 AM
He better be!

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 11:48 AM

Well there's been mitigating circumstances of course. Plax shoots himself, Smith's knee, Toomer retires, Barber retires, etc ... But the end result is the same, Eli hasn't had a stable cast of skill positions around him in his Giants career and we've seen the effects of having to break in new guys constantly (Eli's pick-fest in 2010 being a prime example).

Moke
07-10-2013, 11:50 AM
He has to be. He has more weapons

MattMeyerBud
07-10-2013, 01:17 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/eli_glad_cruz_in_fold_Vg5fgoqcNt9xGwbhWG4uNP

Excerpt: "Eli Manning has a selfish reason for feeling relieved Victor Cruz finally has secured a long-term deal to remain with the Giants.

“It’s going to be nice to not have to answer any more questions about Victor and his contract status with the team,’’ Manning said Tuesday in an email response.

Indeed, Manning was asked non-stop about Cruz’s absence during the offseason workout program, during the organized team activity practices, during the mandatory minicamp and at various functions and appearances. He offered similar reactions every time, stating he wished Cruz was on the field but, understood that without a contract, Cruz was wise to distance himself from the team.

Now that Cruz is contractually bound to the Giants through the 2018 season, Manning knows he will be throwing to one of his favorite targets for years to come.“It’s great to get Victor signed long-term and before the start of training camp,’’ Manning wrote. “Obviously, he has been a big part of our offense. He has worked really hard on the field to become the player he is and I look forward to continuing our work together.’’ Read more...

lol don't know what Eli is so relieved about when it comes to answering medias questions about contracts - Nicks will be the new target

GameTime
07-10-2013, 01:19 PM
lol don't know what Eli is so relieved about when it comes to answering medias questions about contracts - Nicks will be the new target
not this season and he may be franchised next season so that would be a non issue as well......
but I am sure he will be asked about Nicks anyway

RoanokeFan
07-10-2013, 01:58 PM

Eli handles it all pretty well, but it has to be annoying

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Eli handles it all pretty well, but it has to be annoying

I'm sure he beats his wife unmercifully in private.

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Eli-Manning-Face.jpg

giantscolombia
07-10-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm sure he beats his wife unmercifully in private.

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Eli-Manning-Face.jpg

hahahahhahahhahahah!

UKAnt14
07-10-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm excited to see what Eli can do with Cruz over the next five, six years. Like everyone's said, he's never had that 'go-to-guy' for a long period of time before - now he's got it.

Wouldn't be surprised if Eli had some say in the Giants getting him signed up. Nobody's put up the numbers Cruz has consistently while Eli has been under center.