PDA

View Full Version : Team Captains

NYGinIN666
07-10-2013, 12:08 PM
For the sake of discussion, assuming Manning, Tuck, and DeOssie were not captains, who would you pick in their place (I did a search on here and couldn't find any related threads so I hope I didn't miss this discussion already)?

I could make an argument for several people and this isn't to say I'm not happy with the current captains as it is.

Defense: I'm inclined to lean towards Rolle given his locker room presence/leadership ability, his on field play and work ethic, and his tenure as a Giant. An argument could be made for JPP maybe but he may be a little young yet; give it a year or two.

Offense: A part of me wants to say Snee for much of the same reasons I like Rolle but he's getting up there in age. Cruz, given his contract extension, ability, and attitude, I could see him being a good captain. He's a pretty chill dude it seems but I've seen intensity out of him and he always comes up big when needed.

Special Teams: I guess if not DeOssie I'd have to go with Weatherford....he's charismatic, helps the younger dudes, and is one heck of a punter (not Feagles status but still).

Bonus: Training Camp Pre Season All-Pro Team Team Captain: Jonas Seawright for obvious reasons.

There are plenty of other incredibly talented players, but, what makes one a captain? It's not just on field play, there's a personality aspect to it.

Carter.525
07-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Barden, Barden & Barden

MattMeyerBud
07-10-2013, 12:13 PM
For the sake of discussion, assuming Manning, Tuck, and DeOssie were not captains, who would you pick in their place (I did a search on here and couldn't find any related threads so I hope I didn't miss this discussion already)?

I could make an argument for several people and this isn't to say I'm not happy with the current captains as it is.

Defense: I'm inclined to lean towards Rolle given his locker room presence/leadership ability, his on field play and work ethic, and his tenure as a Giant. An argument could be made for JPP maybe but he may be a little young yet; give it a year or two.

Offense: A part of me wants to say Snee for much of the same reasons I like Rolle but he's getting up there in age. Cruz, given his contract extension, ability, and attitude, I could see him being a good captain. He's a pretty chill dude it seems but I've seen intensity out of him and he always comes up big when needed.

Special Teams: I guess if not DeOssie I'd have to go with Weatherford....he's charismatic, helps the younger dudes, and is one heck of a punter (not Feagles status but still).

Bonus: Training Camp Pre Season All-Pro Team Team Captain: Jonas Seawright for obvious reasons.

There are plenty of other incredibly talented players, but, what makes one a captain? It's not just on field play, there's a personality aspect to it.

Rolle - Diehl - Weatherford

NYGinIN666
07-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Barden, Barden & Barden

Well, ya can't teach height and stuff. It's the intangibles that make the captain I hear

Kruunch
07-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Kevin Gildbride on offense, and his mustache on defense.

ryan12
07-10-2013, 01:53 PM
eli,jpp weatherford

LayLow
07-10-2013, 03:49 PM
eli,jpp weatherford Guess you didn't read OP 1st sentence.

LayLow
07-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Rolle - Diehl - Weatherford Ditto

ryan12
07-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Guess you didn't read OP 1st sentence.

guess not in that case snee

blue_truth
07-10-2013, 03:55 PM
SNEE, ROLLE, WEATHERFORD

GameTime
07-10-2013, 03:57 PM