PDA

View Full Version : We we (yahoo writers) love Eli Mannning....

giantscolombia
07-10-2013, 04:58 PM
I was browsing through Yahoo. haha I know, not the best source for Giants news. I figured I would share this with you guys anyways.

www.sports.yahoo.com/news/york-giants-five-reasons-why-love-eli-manning-161800180.html (http://www.sports.yahoo.com/news/york-giants-five-reasons-why-love-eli-manning-161800180.html)

Plus... it's a slow news day....

GameTime
07-10-2013, 05:28 PM
I was browsing through Yahoo. haha I know, not the best source for Giants news. I figured I would share this with you guys anyways.

www.sports.yahoo.com/news/york-giants-five-reasons-why-love-eli-manning-161800180.html (http://www.sports.yahoo.com/news/york-giants-five-reasons-why-love-eli-manning-161800180.html)

Plus... it's a slow news day....
He's the Face -- You'll never see Manning in the news for being in trouble with the law or sending out an offensive tweet. He rarely makes any off-the-field headlines unless it's for a good reason, such as raising millions of dollars for the outpatient clinic at Blair E. Batson Children's Hospital, the only children's cancer care center in Mississippi. He's the perfect face for the storied franchise.

He's Durable -- The low-key Manning is tougher than he looks. Since taking over as the Giants' quarterback in 2004, Manning hasn't missed a start, a streak at 146 games and counting. That's the longest such streak among active quarterbacks and 27 more than the next guy, Philip Rivers of the San Diego Chargers. Manning gets up every time he's knocked down, just like New Yorkers.

He's Unflappable -- Manning doesn't get rattled or intimidated. Actually, he thrives under pressure. Manning's career postseason record is 8-3. Moreover, he's 5-1 on the road in the postseason. Even some of the greatest QBs in NFL history had losing road records in the playoffs, including Brett Favre (3-7), Troy Aikman (1-3), Joe Montana (2-5) and Terry Bradshaw (2-3).

He's Consistent -- Only two NFL quarterbacks have passed for at least 3,000 yards and 20 touchdowns in each of the last eight seasons. They are New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees and -- you guessed it -- Manning. His nearly identical home-road splits are another indicator of his steady play. For instance, his career completion percentages at home and on the road are 58.5 and 58.7, respectively.

He's Clutch -- Manning is king of the comebacks, having engineered 24 fourth-quarter comebacks and 28 game-winning drives, including two in the final minutes of Super Bowls XLVI and XLII. Moreover, his quarterback rating rises to 94.2 in "late-and-close" games. With numerous comebacks, eight postseason victories and a pair of Super Bowl MVPs under his belt, few have

Mercury
07-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Only two NFL quarterbacks have passed for at least 3,000 yards and 20 touchdowns in each of the last eight seasons. They are New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees and -- you guessed it -- Manning.

Holy Crap!!! Eli just moved up a notch on my QB list. You can't spell ELITE without Manning. :p

giantscolombia
07-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Only two NFL quarterbacks have passed for at least 3,000 yards and 20 touchdowns in each of the last eight seasons. They are New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees and -- you guessed it -- Manning.

Holy Crap!!! Eli just moved up a notch on my QB list. You can't spell ELITE without Manning. :p

Yea, dude. Its actually pretty impressive. I mean it puts Eli in a totally different perspective.

For those who are all about numbers, you can't deny that...

gmen0820
07-11-2013, 01:27 PM
For those who are all about numbers, you can't deny that...It's selective.

Roosevelt
07-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Not bad, but I'm a little disappointed.

I was hoping to see He's the Lebron James of the NFL.

GameTime
07-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Not bad, but I'm a little disappointed.

I was hoping to see He's the Lebron James of the NFL.
I am going to make that my sig.....

Delicreep
07-11-2013, 01:54 PM
It's selective.

I mean, it is what it is, but Brady and Peyton were out with injuries; it's too long for Rodgers, Romo, Flacco, Ryan and Stafford (and others)

Not sure how Rivers missed, and not sure how Ben missed.

EliDaMANning
07-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Yea, dude. Its actually pretty impressive. I mean it puts Eli in a totally different perspective.

For those who are all about numbers, you can't deny that...He is clearly an awesome QB.

fansince69
07-11-2013, 01:57 PM
I mean, it is what it is, but Brady and Peyton were out with injuries; it's too long for Rodgers, Romo, Flacco, Ryan and Stafford (and others)

Not sure how Rivers missed, and not sure how Ben missed.Didn't Ben miss time after his Bike crash?

gmen0820
07-11-2013, 02:00 PM

Not sure how Rivers missed, and not sure how Ben missed.Ben had a couple 18 TD seasons, and a few injuries here and there. Rivers started one year after the 8 year cutoff, and he's been doing it for 7 straight years.

Not to mention, the cutoff seems tailored to put Eli in the mix, because Brees could have eclipsed -- in the same eight year period -- 3500 yards and 24 TDs. Or if it were a seven year, Brees could have done a 4300 yard 25 TDs.

gmen0820
07-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Didn't Ben miss time after his Bike crash?That and he doesn't put up great numbers as is.

GameTime
07-11-2013, 02:01 PM
It's selective.
doesnt matter. he is a top QB in the league and there is no dispute with that.
Every poll is selective to a degree. They went back 8 years because that how long Eli has played.
Injuries to Peyton and Brady.....more props for Eli's durability.

Delicreep
07-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Didn't Ben miss time after his Bike crash?

That may be it...not sure, but it sounds solid.

Rivers?

Delicreep
07-11-2013, 02:03 PM
That and he doesn't put up great numbers as is.

I just started to laugh as I read your sig...

gmen0820
07-11-2013, 02:16 PM
he is a top QB in the league and there is no dispute with that.I agree, still makes the stat selective.

Every poll is selective to a degree. They went back 8 years because that how long Eli has played. Eli has nine seasons accrued, but of course they don't include the rookie year because that would set the bar on their selective stat too low.

Injuries to Peyton and Brady.....more props for Eli's durability.Yeah, more props to Eli for not having a safety dive into his knee, or having a degenerative cervical disk in his neck. I'm sure he would've played through those wimpy conditions. Lmao.

gmen0820
07-11-2013, 02:17 PM
I just started to laugh as I read your sig...Charlie's illiteracy is the best part of that show. Filibuster.

Flip Empty
07-11-2013, 02:19 PM
That may be it...not sure, but it sounds solid.

Rivers?
As mentioned, Rivers has never missed a game, he just had longer to wait before he was installed as a starter. Ben's only completed one full season, and he didn't even crack 20 TDs that year.

It's a very skewed stat that speaks more to Eli's longevity than his quality. 3000 yards is a pretty low yardstick.

gmen0820
07-11-2013, 02:20 PM
As mentioned, Rivers has never missed a game, he just had longer to wait before he was installed as a starter. Ben's only completed one full season, and he didn't even crack 20 TDs that year.Statistically, it seems Ben does better when he gets a concussion, or cracks a rib, lol.

GameTime
07-11-2013, 02:25 PM
I agree, still makes the stat selective.

Eli has nine seasons accrued, but of course they don't include the rookie year because that would set the bar on their selective stat too low.

Yeah, more props to Eli for not having a safety dive into his knee, or having a degenerative cervical disk in his neck. I'm sure he would've played through those wimpy conditions. Lmao.
oh stop....I am not saying anything bad about Peyton or Brady. You are right I cant add. I guess they were going for full seasons. Either way it doesnt take away what he has accomplished with his team . As fars as getting hit....Eli has taken a ****ing pounding. Many hits I think he would get up from but he does. He has avoided injury. Why does Peyton have a degenerative dics?? Poor posture, bad work out habits, IDK. Maybe Eli will get the same thing one day. But as of now he has still played every game.
BTW....I am not a an Eli homer so dont feel that you have to knock me down a peg or to elighten me of the reality of the NFL....

giantsfan420
07-11-2013, 02:25 PM
awesome article.

I like how the author uses that same stat I use all the time, except he has the up to date #s. 5 QBs all time had done the 3k and 20 plus TDs for 6 years straight. 2 all time 8 seasons in a row? which is gonna become 9 in a row?

i'd define that as consistent myself bc its looking at the entire seasons output opposed to individual performances that could exaggerate his play at opposite extremes.

the whole inconsistent thing is prob the biggest myth that nyg fans buy into and only bc those that used to focus on the justified problem he had with consistency before the 2007 SB run are the last ones holding onto this "eli is overrated" attitude. eli hasnt really had issues with consistency for years now...

GameTime
07-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Statistically, it seems Ben does better when he gets a concussion, or cracks a rib, lol.
or rapes someone....allegedly

giantsfan420
07-11-2013, 02:27 PM
As mentioned, Rivers has never missed a game, he just had longer to wait before he was installed as a starter. Ben's only completed one full season, and he didn't even crack 20 TDs that year.

It's a very skewed stat that speaks more to Eli's longevity than his quality. 3000 yards is a pretty low yardstick.rivers became starter at the same time or before eli iirc...

GameTime
07-11-2013, 02:27 PM
awesome article.

I like how the author uses that same stat I use all the time, except he has the up to date #s. 5 QBs all time had done the 3k and 20 plus TDs for 6 years straight. 2 all time 8 seasons in a row? which is gonna become 9 in a row?

i'd define that as consistent myself bc its looking at the entire seasons output opposed to individual performances that could exaggerate his play at opposite extremes.

the whole inconsistent thing is prob the biggest myth that nyg fans buy into and only bc those that used to focus on the justified problem he had with consistency before the 2007 SB run are the last ones holding onto this "eli is overrated" attitude. eli hasnt really had issues with consistency for years now...
his overall stats are consistent....But come on 420....you watch the games. He is inconsisten on a game to game basis. Thats just Eli....good, bad, or otherwise.

gmen0820
07-11-2013, 02:28 PM
BTW....I am not a an Eli homer so dont feel that you have to knock me down a peg or to elighten me of the reality of the NFL....Then I wouldn't write off serious injuries suffered by circumstances as an attribution to Eli's durability. But before this get's too far out of hand, all I'm saying is that the stat is selective.

I'm not sure of the context of which it was gathered, but since you said it's eight years because of Eli's full season started eight seasons ago, that only further reinforces that it's tailored for Eli, and not some objective, rather than arbitrary, standard.

gmen0820
07-11-2013, 02:29 PM
rivers became starter at the same time or before eli iirc...Rivers' first starting season was 2006, when Brees left SD for NO.

GameTime
07-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Then I wouldn't write off serious injuries suffered by circumstances as an attribution to Eli's durability. But before this get's too far out of hand, all I'm saying is that the stat is selective.

I'm not sure of the context of which it was gathered, but since you said it's eight years because of Eli's full season started eight seasons ago, that only further reinforces that it's tailored for Eli, and not some objective, rather than arbitrary, standard.
ok...you're right...
Eli isnt that good. I am sorry.
As fars as hits...go back to the Jets preseason game when he got sandwiched. One down low and one in theback. Came up bleeding like a stuck pig. ...or the Niners game last year. The guy is durable and somehow avoids serious injury.

giantsfan420
07-11-2013, 02:32 PM

Holy Crap!!! Eli just moved up a notch on my QB list. You can't spell ELITE without Manning. :pi must have been reciting this stat for years now...it is pretty dang impressive.

eli surprisingly, as in most people would think itd be brees or brady et al over eli, but eli is 2nd all time for most consecutive games with at least 200 yards or more. the like 100 game streak ended @ SF when we blew them out and the game was over by halftime. Eli had like 194 yds total, and 180 were from the first half iirc lol, threw it like 5x the entire 2nd half, and it shows that eli/nyg really arent about stats but team success. the guy had to throw for 6 more yards to continue a pretty cool record, and instead, Carr plays almost all the 4th quarter. but yeah, the dude who holds the record for most games consecutive with at least 200 yds passing or more is 1rst by a wide margin, but Eli comes in 2nd and he's 2nd by a wide margin himself too.

I also find the stats from the 2011 postseason run to be interesting as well.

GameTime
07-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Then I wouldn't write off serious injuries suffered by circumstances as an attribution to Eli's durability. But before this get's too far out of hand, all I'm saying is that the stat is selective.

just like when "realist" tailor their stats to knock Eli down....
come on Bro...happens on both sides.
BTW....the article's intent is not say Eli is better then Brees, Peyton, Brady etc. It is just pointing out som ehighlights of his career....

gmen0820
07-11-2013, 02:35 PM
ok...you're right...
Eli isnt that good. I am sorry.
As fars as hits...go back to the Jets preseason game when he got sandwiched. One down low and one in theback. Came up bleeding like a stuck pig. ...or the Niners game last year. The guy is durable and somehow avoids serious injury.If you think I'm trying to get you to say that Eli "isn't that good," then there is some serious disconnect between you and I.

When it comes to hits, I've seen Eli get clobbered. But if you don't think the majority of the time it is fluky, then you're deluding yourself. I'm sure if Eli got a Pollard-shot to the ACL, he (like Brady) would walk off the field under their own power.......and right onto IR.

giantsfan420
07-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Rivers' first starting season was 2006, when Brees left SD for NO.oh so 1 year after eli.

i dont think hes accomplished the feat bc it isnt just measured by 8 years. a few years ago and it was still reported w/o Rivers listed as far back as last year even, that 5 qbs all time had accomplished the feat for 6 years in a row. Rivers would have become "1 of the 6 QBs all time to do so for 6 yrs" and as far as I've checked, he didn't meet the requirements? Rivers would still accomplish the feat itd just occur 1 yr later.

it isnt like specific to an 8 yr period starting at 2005....its ANY 8 year period in which consecutively a QB throws for 3k and 20 tds. While I totally get it speaks to ability to avoid injury as much as ability to put up those #s, it still most certainly shows a consistency that he often doesnt get credit for. you simply dont put up those #s minimum, for 8 yrs going on 9 straight, w/o being consistent.

gmen0820
07-11-2013, 02:36 PM
just like when "realist" tailor their stats to knock Eli down....
come on Bro...happens on both sides.
BTW....the article's intent is not say Eli is better then Brees, Peyton, Brady etc. It is just pointing out som ehighlights of his career....I don't identify myself with either side. I'm saying the stat is selective, bottom line.

Flip Empty
07-11-2013, 02:38 PM
rivers became starter at the same time or before eli iirc...

Eli got the nod in his rookie year, while Rivers had to spend two seasons behind Drew Brees.

Rivers hasn't dipped below 3000/20 since being named starter.

gmen0820
07-11-2013, 02:41 PM
oh so 1 year after eli.

i dont think hes accomplished the feat bc it isnt just measured by 8 years. a few years ago and it was still reported w/o Rivers listed as far back as last year even, that 5 qbs all time had accomplished the feat for 6 years in a row. Rivers would have become "1 of the 6 QBs all time to do so for 6 yrs" and as far as I've checked, he didn't meet the requirements? Rivers would still accomplish the feat itd just occur 1 yr later.

it isnt like specific to an 8 yr period starting at 2005....its ANY 8 year period in which consecutively a QB throws for 3k and 20 tds. While I totally get it speaks to ability to avoid injury as much as ability to put up those #s, it still most certainly shows a consistency that he often doesnt get credit for. you simply dont put up those #s minimum, for 8 yrs going on 9 straight, w/o being consistent.Rivers has done it for seven seasons straight.

http://www.nfl.com/player/philiprivers/2506121/careerstats

As for it not being specific to an eight year period, in this thread, it is:
He's Consistent -- Only two NFL quarterbacks have passed for at least 3,000 yards and 20 touchdowns in each of the last eight seasons.

Flip Empty
07-11-2013, 02:52 PM
it isnt like specific to an 8 yr period starting at 2005....its ANY 8 year period in which consecutively a QB throws for 3k and 20 tds. While I totally get it speaks to ability to avoid injury as much as ability to put up those #s, it still most certainly shows a consistency that he often doesnt get credit for. you simply dont put up those #s minimum, for 8 yrs going on 9 straight, w/o being consistent.
Consistent at turning up for work.

3000 is such a middling number that any half-decent, pass-first quarterback should be able to put up just by rolling out of bed. 187.5 yards per game is all you need to accrue 3000 over a full season.

The 4k streak that Eli was on prior to last season was far more impressive.

giantsfan420
07-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Rivers has done it for seven seasons straight.

http://www.nfl.com/player/philiprivers/2506121/careerstats

As for it not being specific to an eight year period, in this thread, it is:no i meant in the way, like it isnt 8 yrs from 2005 only or something. its any 8 yr consecutive span. my point being that obviously rivers could still accomplish said feat he just has to go this 8th yr continuing the streak.

giantsfan420
07-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Consistent at turning up for work.

3000 is such a middling number that any half-decent, pass-first quarterback should be able to put up just by rolling out of bed. 187.5 yards per game is all you need to accrue 3000 over a full season.

The 4k streak that Eli was on prior to last season was far more impressive.i can respect that POV but whenever someone presents that opinion, i always wonder then why havent a ton more qbs accomplished it? its always bein stated that it isnt hard to reach those parameters, then why havent a bunch more qbs done it?

Kruunch
07-11-2013, 03:01 PM
I've gone eight straight years without catching a pass from Manning.

I don't see what all the fuss is about.

GameTime
07-11-2013, 03:02 PM
I don't identify myself with either side. I'm saying the stat is selective, bottom line.

cool....:cool:

Flip Empty
07-11-2013, 03:04 PM
its always bein stated that it isnt hard to reach those parameters, then why havent a bunch more qbs done it?
Because they keep getting hurt. Eli's durability is rare.

gmen0820
07-11-2013, 03:05 PM
no i meant in the way, like it isnt 8 yrs from 2005 only or something. its any 8 yr consecutive span. my point being that obviously rivers could still accomplish said feat he just has to go this 8th yr continuing the streak.I know what you're saying, but the way it was brought up in this thread, it's pertinent to "each of the last eight seasons." That's why I find it selective, because it's tailored specifically to when Eli's first full starting season was, and based on his lowest statistical season (hence the 3K-flat standard).

LeFlume
07-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Who cares! It is a team sport and the only numbers that matter are those on the scoreboard. Eli can sleep walk for all I care if the scoreboard says' GIANTS WIN!!!!

gmen0820
07-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Because they keep getting hurt. Eli's durability is rare.To be fair, I've gone back and looked at a few of the numbers, and that 20 TD standard actually disqualifies a lot of QBs. Prior to 2005 at least.

gumby74
07-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Because they keep getting hurt. Eli's durability is rare. That stat line is garbage, but there's no denying Eli's durability. The guy is made out of some kind of synthetic rubber.

giantsfan420
07-11-2013, 03:10 PM
ah ok i see. well, the article was centered around Eli, so dunno if its that big a crime by the author to fixate on eli's last 8 seasons but I do see what ur point is.

i personally find the stat to be extremely relevant tho. i really do feel it speaks to a consistency.

gametime-I know Eli will have a 3 game streak or so where his play seems to fall off a cliff, bit that doesnt mean he isnt consistent.i dunno. i dont wanna come off as disqualifying anyones opinion about the validity of the stat or its use in this particular article.

GameTime
07-11-2013, 03:11 PM
That stat line is garbage, but there's no denying Eli's durability. The guy is made out of some kind of synthetic rubber.
I still think the article's objective is to show what Eli has accomplished in his career thus far and so much to say he is better then so and so. Thats they way I read it anyway.

giantsfan420
07-11-2013, 03:12 PM
To be fair, I've gone back and looked at a few of the numbers, and that 20 TD standard actually disqualifies a lot of QBs. Prior to 2005 at least.yup. its really only been this past 8 yr span or so where FF has taken off and more qbs r throwing for more tds. I mean, there was a time not o long ago where 22 TDs was a competent seaon by a QB. Iirc, when Mcnabb was takin philly to those NFC CGs, he was throwing for like 20 tds or so (until TO came through, and that would show a correlation betwen qb statistical success with quality wrs(

GameTime
07-11-2013, 03:14 PM
ah ok i see. well, the article was centered around Eli, so dunno if its that big a crime by the author to fixate on eli's last 8 seasons but I do see what ur point is.

i personally find the stat to be extremely relevant tho. i really do feel it speaks to a consistency.

gametime-I know Eli will have a 3 game streak or so where his play seems to fall off a cliff, bit that doesnt mean he isnt consistent.i dunno. i dont wanna come off as disqualifying anyones opinion about the validity of the stat or its use in this particular article.

I hear you....I watch the games and get very pissed when he makes bone headed plays way to often for his success in the NFL. But thats because I am a fan. Also I see the high pick count as a problem too. Without getting into all the BS surrounding his picks they are what they are. Other QBs have the same BS with recievers as Eli does. So the pick issue for me also shows his inconsistency. I love Eli but I also think he is a bit manic sometimes when it comes to his performances.

jomo
07-11-2013, 03:15 PM
He's the Face -- You'll never see Manning in the news for being in trouble with the law or sending out an offensive tweet. He rarely makes any off-the-field headlines unless it's for a good reason, such as raising millions of dollars for the outpatient clinic at Blair E. Batson Children's Hospital, the only children's cancer care center in Mississippi. He's the perfect face for the storied franchise.

He's Durable -- The low-key Manning is tougher than he looks. Since taking over as the Giants' quarterback in 2004, Manning hasn't missed a start, a streak at 146 games and counting. That's the longest such streak among active quarterbacks and 27 more than the next guy, Philip Rivers of the San Diego Chargers. Manning gets up every time he's knocked down, just like New Yorkers.

He's Unflappable -- Manning doesn't get rattled or intimidated. Actually, he thrives under pressure. Manning's career postseason record is 8-3. Moreover, he's 5-1 on the road in the postseason. Even some of the greatest QBs in NFL history had losing road records in the playoffs, including Brett Favre (3-7), Troy Aikman (1-3), Joe Montana (2-5) and Terry Bradshaw (2-3).

He's Consistent -- Only two NFL quarterbacks have passed for at least 3,000 yards and 20 touchdowns in each of the last eight seasons. They are New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees and -- you guessed it -- Manning. His nearly identical home-road splits are another indicator of his steady play. For instance, his career completion percentages at home and on the road are 58.5 and 58.7, respectively.

He's Clutch -- Manning is king of the comebacks, having engineered 24 fourth-quarter comebacks and 28 game-winning drives, including two in the final minutes of Super Bowls XLVI and XLII. Moreover, his quarterback rating rises to 94.2 in "late-and-close" games. With numerous comebacks, eight postseason victories and a pair of Super Bowl MVPs under his belt, few haveThat's 5 good reasons. I only needed 1, the last one, he's clutch.

AllHailEli
07-11-2013, 03:16 PM

Uhm, the article was written by a Yahoo contributor, i.e. a Giants fan for all intents and purposes. I'd take it as any other opinion being made on this board, not too seriously. LOL!

Flip Empty
07-11-2013, 03:17 PM
To be fair, I've gone back and looked at a few of the numbers, and that 20 TD standard actually disqualifies a lot of QBs. Prior to 2005 at least.
Yeah I wondered about that which is why I only mentioned the yardage total.

I'm fine with championing the 20 touchdowns, but the 3000 yards streak seems to have been added just because it's there.

**Carson Palmer has never thrown more than 20 INTs in a season. How about that for useless information?

Uhm, the article was written by a Yahoo contributor, i.e. a Giants fan for all intents and purposes. I'd take it as any other opinion being made on this board, not too seriously. LOL!
Ugh, seriously? I didn't even check. At least some discussion was strangled from it.

gmen0820
07-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Uhm, the article was written by a Yahoo contributor, i.e. a Giants fan for all intents and purposes. I'd take it as any other opinion being made on this board, not too seriously. LOL!Oh, damn, you kidding me? Thanks for saving my day!

gmen0820
07-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Yeah I wondered about that which is why I only mentioned the yardage total. I'm fine with championing the 20 touchdowns, but the 3000 yards streak seems to have been added just because it's there. **Carson Palmer has never thrown more than 20 INTs in a season. How about that for useless information?Yeah, the 3K is low, especially when other QBs could have still met the standard at a slightly higher (3500, perhaps) yard standard.

gumby74
07-11-2013, 04:36 PM
I still think the article's objective is to show what Eli has accomplished in his career thus far and so much to say he is better then so and so. Thats they way I read it anyway. I think I speak for all Giant fans when I say that I'm glad he's our QB.

AllHailEli
07-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Ugh, seriously? I didn't even check. At least some discussion was strangled from it.

Here: http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/917370/adam_martini.html

A Mets fan also. :)

jax5338
07-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Charlie's illiteracy is the best part of that show. Filibuster.

Denim chicken?

gmen0820
07-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Denim chicken?Mr. Vermhat aka Wormhat.

Antwuan
07-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Eli Manning!!!

Giantz4Life
07-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Charlie's illiteracy is the best part of that show. Filibuster.

One of my favorite scenes of Sunny. Charlie and the lawyer always have classic scenes together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEFB0ozhcUU

Bird law.

gmen0820
07-11-2013, 06:09 PM
One of my favorite scenes of Sunny. Charlie and the lawyer always have classic scenes together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEFB0ozhcUU

Bird law.Such an underrated scene, lol. Wasn't sure if anyone would pick up on the "filibuster" in my post.

Giantz4Life
07-11-2013, 06:11 PM

Yeah reading the article before I saw you post this, it was pretty clear there was some favoritism in the article. Not that I disagree with anything the "writer" said about Eli. I would say the stat with Drew Brees is a little weak but I guess it is a testament to his durability.

giantsfan420
07-11-2013, 11:28 PM
i just wanna say, for an eli thread, people were able to present differing opinions and POV's and there hasn't been any issues really...the thread isnt even doing the "20 page" length crap of the same posts...dunno just found it optimistic maybe the topic can be discussed civilly.

GCGiant
07-12-2013, 07:26 AM
i just wanna say, for an eli thread, people were able to present differing opinions and POV's and there hasn't been any issues really...the thread isnt even doing the "20 page" length crap of the same posts...dunno just found it optimistic maybe the topic can be discussed civilly....or, people could be getting burnt out on reading the same thing from the same people over and over?

There is something?...someone?...obviously missing from these threads, though, but I can't seem to put my finger on what!

giantscolombia
07-12-2013, 11:47 AM
I don't identify myself with either side. I'm saying the stat is selective, bottom line.

The article is definitely stat selective. I guess anyone can play with number to favor a particular person. I seem to recall ESPN saying that Tebow was going to be AMAZING because he was one of the few QB's to accomplish some random feat.

Hahaha and apparently the article was written by a NYG fan so... YES! it's selective but there are some valid points.

giantscolombia
07-12-2013, 11:57 AM
i just wanna say, for an eli thread, people were able to present differing opinions and POV's and there hasn't been any issues really...the thread isnt even doing the "20 page" length crap of the same posts...dunno just found it optimistic maybe the topic can be discussed civilly.

Dude!!! Do not Jinx this.

It feels like Christmas. No major arguing on an ELI THREAD!!!

Roosevelt
07-12-2013, 02:56 PM
...or, people could be getting burnt out on reading the same thing from the same people over and over?

There is something?...someone?...obviously missing from these threads, though, but I can't seem to put my finger on what!

Or the mods have asked us to refrain from posting anything that would upset a specific member?

This board has seen better days.

giantscolombia
07-12-2013, 03:17 PM
...or, people could be getting burnt out on reading the same thing from the same people over and over?

There is a particular member currently banned...

giantsfan420
07-12-2013, 03:54 PM
cmon now giantscolumbia and nygfanmaybe, no need for that. i get the sentiment, but those kinda posts, prob even mine, can instigate i guess. i worried about that myself when i made the post, i was just kinda surprised seeing a bunch of diff POVs that wasnt exactly homer posts, go without any insults n without being closed, which unless maybe u guys could edit ur posts, this one will prob be closed as well i dunno. not trying to be a **** or anything at all by any means, just dont wanna insult anyone or see anybody insult anybody ya know...

giantscolombia
07-12-2013, 05:28 PM
cmon now GIANTSCOLOMBIA and nygfanmaybe, no need for that. i get the sentiment, but those kinda posts, prob even mine, can instigate i guess. i worried about that myself when i made the post, i was just kinda surprised seeing a bunch of diff POVs that wasnt exactly homer posts, go without any insults n without being closed, which unless maybe u guys could edit ur posts, this one will prob be closed as well i dunno. not trying to be a **** or anything at all by any means, just dont wanna insult anyone or see anybody insult anybody ya know...
Dude, i'm not trying to instigate anything. I'm actually as surprised as you that this thread is this many pages long and its still going. No one has called out another and there is no smart comments destined to bait people to bark at each other. I'm not insulting anyone and I dont think NYGFANMAYBE is either...

giantsfan420
07-12-2013, 05:36 PM
ok, sorry for the misconfusion then.

BeatYale
07-12-2013, 11:21 PM

For those who are all about numbers, you can't deny that...

Sure I can when I look at the turnover numbers in that same span. Brees has 268 touchdowns and 150 turnovers versus Eli's 205 touchdowns and 166 turnovers. A +118 TD-turnover differential versus a +39? The author cherry picked 2 stats to try to place Eli in the same light as Brees. Brees, Rodgers, Brady and Peyton have been dusting him in those kind of efficiency stats.

I won't discredit him for our 2 championships. He played great. I'm usually the first one to bash people who compare him to Dilfer and Brad Johnson. I think he's too inconsistent in his play and that the Giants would be a much better team if he was capable of producing like those other guys I mentioned.

Sorry Eli fanatics. I know this upsets you. Just relax, keep drinking the kool-aid, and take deep breaths. I don't visit the forum much lately, so you won't have to see many logical and reasonable posts.

Peace!

GCGiant
07-14-2013, 07:06 AM
I'm guessing there are armchair QB's here that never stepped foot on a field...not just a football field, but any kind of field.

BlueSanta
07-14-2013, 07:23 AM
I do not agree with the argument that because Ben has been injured he somehow is excused. Ben gets injured because of how he chooses to play the game. He holds onto the ball forever and gets himself leveled, that is a flaw, not an excuse.

GameTime
07-14-2013, 10:31 AM
guys and gals
the article in the OP was not there to compare Eli to any of the other QBs........
It was written to show Eli's success over the course of his current career....

gmen0820
07-14-2013, 11:36 AM
I do not agree with the argument that because Ben has been injured he somehow is excused. Ben gets injured because of how he chooses to play the game. He holds onto the ball forever and gets himself leveled, that is a flaw, not an excuse.For you to disagree, wouldn't someone had to have claimed that in this thread?

B&RWarrior
07-14-2013, 11:58 AM
Sure I can when I look at the turnover numbers in that same span. Brees has 268 touchdowns and 150 turnovers versus Eli's 205 touchdowns and 166 turnovers. A +118 TD-turnover differential versus a +39? The author cherry picked 2 stats to try to place Eli in the same light as Brees. Brees, Rodgers, Brady and Peyton have been dusting him in those kind of efficiency stats.

I won't discredit him for our 2 championships. He played great. I'm usually the first one to bash people who compare him to Dilfer and Brad Johnson. I think he's too inconsistent in his play and that the Giants would be a much better team if he was capable of producing like those other guys I mentioned.

Sorry Eli fanatics. I know this upsets you. Just relax, keep drinking the kool-aid, and take deep breaths. I don't visit the forum much lately, so you won't have to see many logical and reasonable posts.

Peace!

Are you trying to say Eli is not the Lebron James of the NFL? ;)