PDA

View Full Version : Cruz wants Nicks to stay (NFL.com)

Toadofsteel
07-11-2013, 07:21 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000216914/article/victor-cruz-wants-hakeem-nicks-to-stay-a-ny-giant

Now that Victor Cruz has his massive contract out of the way, he has a new role with the New York Giants: recruiter. Cruz wants his tag-team partner, Hakeem Nicks, to also sign a long-term deal with the team.

"Oh yeah, I'm definitely going to put the pressure on him to come back and see if he wants to play with me for the long haul and see if we can do this together for a couple of years," Cruz said Monday, via the New York Daily News. "We'll see how it goes.

Read More... (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000216914/article/victor-cruz-wants-hakeem-nicks-to-stay-a-ny-giant)

Mercury
07-11-2013, 08:29 AM
No, duh!

FBomb
07-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Just dominate this season, get another ring.....then losing Nicks to the big payday won't hurt so much.

Buddy333
07-11-2013, 08:36 AM
What else would he say?

gumby74
07-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Just dominate this season, get another ring.....then losing Nicks to the big payday won't hurt so much. This is what I'm thinking. Next year might be the best chance we get in a little while.

Moke
07-11-2013, 08:52 AM
You can't make this up

PBTimmons
07-11-2013, 10:31 AM
I think it would be well worth it to keep the same core of receivers around for the next 4-5 years as Eli heads into his twilight. Seriously, we need stability in that department as we rebuild/develop the OLine.

Carter.525
07-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Victor Cruz.. "I want Nicks gone"

Moke
07-11-2013, 10:37 AM

Imagine if he said that

penguinfarmer
07-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Nicks will be re-signed.

giantscolombia
07-11-2013, 11:47 AM
hahaha that would be THE funniest thing ever dude!!!

BlueReign
07-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Nicks will be back, a lot of salary comes off of the books over the next two years. Tag him after this year if we can't get a deal, then extend. There seems to be room for both JPP and Nicks.

giantsfan420
07-11-2013, 02:04 PM
of course cruz wants nicks to stay long term.nicks helps cruz be cruz.

and with the parameters of cruz's contract, re-signing nicks seems like a really likely reality.

RoanokeFan
07-11-2013, 02:18 PM
I think it would be well worth it to keep the same core of receivers around for the next 4-5 years as Eli heads into his twilight. Seriously, we need stability in that department as we rebuild/develop the OLine.

It would indeed, it will depend on how much "worth" we're talking about.

AllHailEli
07-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Victor Cruz needs Nicks to be double teamed so he can have his stats. :(

FBomb
07-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Victor Cruz needs Nicks to be double teamed so he can have his stats. :(

You're half right. Cruz does need Nicks.....but it's not about stats. Cruz makes plays that lead to points.

AllHailEli
07-11-2013, 03:08 PM
You're half right. Cruz does need Nicks.....but it's not about stats. Cruz makes plays that lead to points.

He also needs his stats to keep making money off endorsements. It is double purpose.

RoanokeFan
07-11-2013, 03:12 PM
He also needs his stats to keep making money off endorsements. It is double purpose.

His stats have lees to do with his endorsement popularity as you might think. He has name tecognition. He's a local boy makes good story and he is charismatic. He started his clothing line before the Giants signed him so he already had his eyes set to the future, beyond football.

AllHailEli
07-11-2013, 03:17 PM
His stats have lees to do with his endorsement popularity as you might think. He has name tecognition. He's a local boy makes good story and he is charismatic. He started his clothing line before the Giants signed him so he already had his eyes set to the future, beyond football.

Uhm, who would have cared who Victor Cruz is if he's at the bottom of the depth chart and barely making the team? Yeah, he's charismatic which helps him get endorsements but if he's nothing special on the field, what would fuel his popularity to be any kind of spokesperson? Anyone can sell t-shirts, the question is how successful you're gonna be hawking wares without recognition and highlight reels?

FBomb
07-11-2013, 03:35 PM

No....the only stats that gets him endorsements is making big plays, dancing and the big market of NY. No one cares about his stat sheets.

RoanokeFan
07-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Uhm, who would have cared who Victor Cruz is if he's at the bottom of the depth chart and barely making the team? Yeah, he's charismatic which helps him get endorsements but if he's nothing special on the field, what would fuel his popularity to be any kind of spokesperson? Anyone can sell t-shirts, the question is how successful you're gonna be hawking wares without recognition and highlight reels?

All of that factors in, he's an exceptional player, well liked for the most part, and a success story. I'm simply saying the guy has a lot going for him other than "stats."

Redeyejedi
07-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Of course he does he needs him to get another big contract.Nicks is a big part of Cruz's success and vice versa. Its in both of their interests to stay together. I think Nicks may bolt to the Panthers if they offer a competitive deal

Redeyejedi
07-12-2013, 07:12 AM
All of that factors in, he's an exceptional player, well liked for the most part, and a success story. I'm simply saying the guy has a lot going for him other than "stats." Yeah I agree and it plays a role in who teams pay at least for the Giants it does. I think Plaxico changed a few things. Cruz is worth the money to the Giants in more ways then 1 for sure. He is a local guy that has a great personality, stays out of trouble, does a lot for charity and the community "The guy is out helping people constantly", its who u want to build your team around.