PDA

View Full Version : Giants' FB Henry Hynoski Possibly In Line For Week 1 Return

RoanokeFan
07-11-2013, 03:18 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/07/giants_fb_henry_hynoski_possibly_in_line_for_week_ 1_return.html

Excerpt: "When Henry Hynoski went down with a lateral plateau fracture on his left knee back in late May, he said his goal was to be ready for the first game of the season (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/05/giants_henry_hynoski_update.html).

After a month and a half of rehab, that goal still seems to be in reach.

According to one person briefed on Hynoski's progress, the Giants fullback is still preparing to come back for Week 1, and may even be a little ahead of schedule in his rehabilitation.

Medical reports on Hynoski, who went down during an 11-on-11 session, banging knees with Andre Brown, have come back positive since and it's likely that the fullback can begin full weight-bearing exercise in the coming weeks." Read more...

Carter.525
07-11-2013, 03:30 PM
don't rush back too soon.. but hurry up

Buddy333
07-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Don't rush back. A guy like him, a UDFA might feel the need to rush back so he won't lose his job especially when there is another FA out there being talked about. It's a long season.

TCHOF
07-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Been rehabbing for a month and a half and still can't do weight bearing exercises . . . .

ryan12
07-11-2013, 03:48 PM
don't rush back too soon.. but hurry up

lmfao

RoanokeFan
07-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Been rehabbing for a month and a half and still can't do weight bearing exercises . . . .

Tells us, Dr, Positive, what would have been an appropriate time to start based on your experience :rolleyes:

B&RWarrior
07-11-2013, 03:50 PM

Right, perfect insight on how extensive the knee injury is. I don't want to see him until after September. For his own good.

TCHOF
07-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Tells us, Dr, Positive, what would have been an appropriate time to start based on your experience :rolleyes:

I don't know . . . . but I do know that a July 10 article claiming that he is "on track" to return Week One when he hasn't even done any weight bearing exercise is just silly.

TheAnalyst
07-11-2013, 09:30 PM
PUP him, Pascoe can fill the hole for a bit. Hell, see what a backup OL can do as well.

JsBigBlue
07-11-2013, 09:58 PM
I hope he doesnt rush back to soon and just make the injury worse. I think Pasco will do a fine job at fullback until he can return. Plus Im excited to see Pasco throwing a block on someone with some steam from the backfield and leveling them. Bear runs with that anger like he is going to lay someone out and I love that about him.

giantsfan420
07-11-2013, 10:19 PM
i know its unrealistic to think so, but it'd be nice if we could have an understanding of the entire situation as well. its toughfor me at least to make the connection when it talks of the tear and bone chip and then skips to hopeful to play week 1 all bc a person briefed on the situation said so...

we know where the injury occurred (what part of the body) but does anyone know the actual extent? i'd like to know what grade injuries each was...

giantsfan420
07-11-2013, 10:21 PM
I hope he doesnt rush back to soon and just make the injury worse. I think Pasco will do a fine job at fullback until he can return. Plus Im excited to see Pasco throwing a block on someone with some steam from the backfield and leveling them. Bear runs with that anger like he is going to lay someone out and I love that about him.

bears plyed plenty of fb for me to make this statement; he isn't half the blocker hyno is...and is kinda a holding penalty machine.

hyno is 10x the fb imho and its not even close. i'm ok i guess with bear filling in if hynos gotta miss a few weeks, but anything more time wise, i'd prefer a guy like leach. i would not be confident in bear holding up at fb for a significant period of time at all.

JsBigBlue
07-11-2013, 11:08 PM
bears plyed plenty of fb for me to make this statement; he isn't half the blocker hyno is...and is kinda a holding penalty machine.

hyno is 10x the fb imho and its not even close. i'm ok i guess with bear filling in if hynos gotta miss a few weeks, but anything more time wise, i'd prefer a guy like leach. i would not be confident in bear holding up at fb for a significant period of time at all. Well hopefully since he is going to do more FB stuff and blocking from that position all thru training camp then he will the TE position. He might not be as bad as you give him credit for. Wait until we see him play after this training camp before you judge him. He might surprise us all.

giantsfan420
07-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Well hopefully since he is going to do more FB stuff and blocking from that position all thru training camp then he will the TE position. He might not be as bad as you give him credit for. Wait until we see him play after this training camp before you judge him. He might surprise us all.thats some fair advice and ill take u up on it. i pretty much have written bear off, and maybe your right, maybe a training camp dedicated to being a FB will help him out, alhtough iirc I think he's had a prior training camp with a similar scenario and he dedicated himself to being a FB...

he can get the job done. i just was growing accustomed and looking forward to hyno excelling at the job. but i'll hold off until i see how bear looks in preseason...we just have had to use him as a FB PLENTY already in his tenure as a giant, its why he's probably even made the team. i dunno...we'll see...

RoanokeFan
07-12-2013, 06:37 AM
I don't know . . . . but I do know that a July 10 article claiming that he is "on track" to return Week One when he hasn't even done any weight bearing exercise is just silly.

Isn't that a medical projection made by the medical staff?

TCHOF
07-12-2013, 06:38 AM

The next time Bear levels someone with a block will be the first time . . ..

Gimaniac
07-12-2013, 08:08 AM
"Possibly" Week 1.

http://img.pandawhale.com/48280-So-youre-saying-theres-a-chanc-fcWY.jpeg

Kruunch
07-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Henry Hynoski might be hit by a meteorite while finishing his 16 foot paper mache statue of Reggie Jackson.

Stay tuned.

GameTime
07-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Henry Hynoski might be hit by a meteorite while finishing his 16 foot paper mache statue of Reggie Jackson.

Stay tuned.
that wasnt in the article.....link?.....

TCHOF
07-12-2013, 09:06 AM
The NFL media is just as desperate for things to talk about during this dead period as we are on this MB.

giantscolombia
07-12-2013, 10:20 AM
PLEASE DO NOT RUSH BACK!!!

giantscolombia
07-12-2013, 10:20 AM
oooooh. No more Leach then?

Flip Empty
07-12-2013, 11:59 AM

Stay tuned.
Exactly. Pointless article.

MattMeyerBud
07-12-2013, 12:11 PM
my issue is Bear doesn't fire off the ball in the backfield. Hes slow off the ball...

Antwuan
07-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Nice!