PDA

View Full Version : next years LB situation

giant420
01-01-2012, 04:55 PM
This is my first contribution to the board but I am a lifelong big blue fan. A big problem I've seen all year is obviously at the LB position, and I believe I see a nice solution. Jonathan Goff is a FA and I see no reason to bring this guy back and Michael Boley is getting old. My solution?

We need a stud MLB, we don't have that guy who is all over the field making plays. Rocky McIntosh will be a free agent, we should grab this guy as I am a huge supporter of players coming out of the U and he is the kind of guy we need. I'm going to stay on the subject of players out of UM. Come second, but probably even third round sean spence is going to be on the board. I watched every snap on hurricanes football this year and this guy was our bright spot. He has incredible football knowledge, and is an incredible athlete. Perfect fit for OLB.

Most of all though I would love to pick up Rocky...while all of our rookie MLBs were nothing close to prestigious or were high picks but they have not performed to the level that a NYG MLB should. Kiwanuka, McIntosh, Spence/Boley as our LB core sounds great to me.

What do you all think?

poppa smurph
01-01-2012, 05:02 PM
This is my first contribution to the board but I am a lifelong big blue fan. A big problem I've seen all year is obviously at the LB position, and I believe I see a nice solution. Jonathan Goff is a FA and I see no reason to bring this guy back and Michael Boley is getting old. My solution?

We need a stud MLB, we don't have that guy who is all over the field making plays. Rocky McIntosh will be a free agent, we should grab this guy as I am a huge supporter of players coming out of the U and he is the kind of guy we need. I'm going to stay on the subject of players out of UM. Come second, but probably even third round sean spence is going to be on the board. I watched every snap on hurricanes football this year and this guy was our bright spot. He has incredible football knowledge, and is an incredible athlete. Perfect fit for OLB.

Most of all though I would love to pick up Rocky...while all of our rookie MLBs were nothing close to prestigious or were high picks but they have not performed to the level that a NYG MLB should. Kiwanuka, McIntosh, Spence/Boley as our LB core sounds great to me.

What do you all think?
Giants pick best player available, as per their own board.</P>

Can be fustrating, but that's how we ended up with JPP.</P>

giant420
01-01-2012, 05:05 PM
I like how that usually works out for us, but Spence is a 2-3 round guy. He will be one of the top guys on the board around that time, and hes one of those great athletes i can see reese having his eye on.

scf424
01-01-2012, 05:07 PM
I want to see how Herzlich and J. Williams do with a full offseason, I think they can be solid LBs for us.

poppa smurph
01-01-2012, 05:11 PM
I want to see how Herzlich and J. Williams do with a full offseason, I think they can be solid LBs for us.I don't know if we go LB ( unless someone drops to us ) in the first couple of rounds because of those picks.</P>

O-line and CB/Safety are my hopeful's through to the 4th round.</P>

giantsfan420
01-01-2012, 05:24 PM
nice screen name.