PDA

View Full Version : It's the Falcons next Sunday!

Overdrive92
01-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Reports are out of New Orleans that the Saints will play next Saturday. The Lions have also lost.

So what does this mean? This means the winner of tonight's NFC East matchup will host the Atlanta Falcons next Sunday. Game time is still to be determined, but it will be at either 1:00 or 4:15.

giantsfan420
01-01-2012, 05:49 PM
this was the matchup i wanted even though both teams we could beat.

atl hasnt won a playoff game with matty ice and he has flat out been bad in the playoffs. they are also bad away from their stadium.

but, after seeing green bay's second team put up that many points against detroit i think our offense would destroy their defense.

but id prefer to play atl.

i think the cowboys are a tougher matchup for the giants than either of those two teams.

jjj45
01-01-2012, 05:50 PM
was waiting till someone started a thread like this lol

I'd actually rather face them than Detroit.

Lets take care of business tonight!

Overdrive92
01-01-2012, 05:50 PM
I also wanted the Falcons rather than the Lions. The Lions had too many weapons, and with our secondary, it scared me.

The Falcons are still a good team though, but we can beat them. But first, we need to win tonight of course.

hungrrrry
01-01-2012, 06:06 PM

atl hasnt won a playoff game with matty ice and he has flat out been bad in the playoffs. they are also bad away from their stadium.

but, after seeing green bay's second team put up that many points against detroit i think our offense would destroy their defense.

i think the cowboys are a tougher matchup for the giants than either of those two teams.Stafford and calvin johnson were sick today...stafford threw for 520 ****ing yards...over 1000 yards of passing in that game...that is nuts!!! Just what the NFL ordered when they changed more rules this year to protect receivers...pretty soon this will be the "NCFL" = No-Contact Football League.
For the record, I would rather face Matt Ryan for the first round of the playoffs

G-Men Surg.
01-01-2012, 06:11 PM

i think the cowboys are a tougher matchup for the giants than either of those two teams.Stafford and calvin johnson were sick today...stafford threw for 520 ****ing yards...over 1000 yards of passing in that game...that is nuts!!! Just what the NFL ordered when they changed more rules this year to protect receivers...pretty soon this will be the "NCFL" = No-Contact Football League.
For the record, I would rather face Matt Ryan for the first round of the playoffs
Stafford was damn impressive throwing the rock in GB ! Just breathtaking !

Bones911
01-01-2012, 06:21 PM
I like the matchup too and I can now root for Detroit as well in the playoffs. yippe.

BigBlue1971
01-01-2012, 06:39 PM
the falcons are my choice as well. i hope it get colder than today, maybe in the 20s!!!!!!</P>

atl is a dome team and wont be ready for that type weather.</P>

giantsfan420
01-01-2012, 06:50 PM
i am a little worried that atlanta is on fire. 42 points or more in the first half?!?! i know tampa bay is awful and their coach might as well resign at half time, but they will be on a roll coming into our place next week. should be a good fun game

Overdrive92
01-01-2012, 06:56 PM
i am a little worried that atlanta is on fire. 42 points or more in the first half?!?! i know tampa bay is awful and their coach might as well resign at half time, but they will be on a roll coming into our place next week. should be a good fun game

Yeah, but that's because Josh Freeman is turning the ball over non-stop, and like you said...it's the Bucs. I'm not saying the Falcons aren't good, but they will not put up 42 points in a half on us.

NYfanatic
01-01-2012, 06:59 PM
I hope its Saturday. 4 or 8 saturday would be good.

Weygand
01-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Reports are out of New Orleans that the Saints will play next Saturday. The Lions have also lost.

So what does this mean? This means the winner of tonight's NFC East matchup will host the Atlanta Falcons next Sunday. Game time is still to be determined, but it will be at either 1:00 or 4:15.

****. I'll be at CES.

BG61
01-01-2012, 07:10 PM
According to my TV Guide FOX is scheduled to air a 1:00 game next Sunday. Plus the fact that the 2 AFC games are going to be at least semi west (Houston and Denver/Oakland) 1:00 makes sense.

jjj45
01-01-2012, 07:25 PM

****. I'll be at CES.
Nerd lol

dinz
01-01-2012, 07:48 PM
lets not put cart beforehorse, these threads kill me..

gradstang
01-01-2012, 07:52 PM
nfl.com has the nfc wild card 2 vs 3 on sat nite. so that would be the giants as the 2 wildcard and the falcons are the 3 wildcard with the saints playing the lions on sunday.

Weygand
01-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Thank The Good Lord Jesus Christ

Weygand
01-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Is this thread a jinx????

Down-lifer
01-01-2012, 09:03 PM
No

jakegibbs
01-01-2012, 09:09 PM

Stafford was damn impressive throwing the rock in GB ! Just breathtaking !

Niether was GB's back up Flynn X LSU QB. Broke all the previous Packer passing stats. 600 yds & 6 TD's Rogers better look out he could be pushed for the starting job right?