PDA

View Full Version : Austin Sefarian Jenkins TE Washington Huskies

nycsportzfan
07-21-2013, 02:11 AM
I'm just going on record that this is the next bigtime NFL TE here. I think consensus TOP10 pick in this yrs draft, and the rare Vernon Davis type Te, or TE you just have to take top 10. Hes got increidble size to go with his athletic ability, is a redzone nightmare, and has fantastic body control. I could go on, but you get the point. He could still get better at bloocking, given his size, but with that size, a NFL coach should really get him figured out fairly quickly.

This guys so insane! I coulden't imagine adding this guy to the giants. And I love Brandon Myers, and the kinda yr i think hes gonna have. But u watch this guy on film, and you can see how special he really is.

Carter.525
07-21-2013, 07:09 PM
I am a fan.. I think every mock I've seen has the Bucs taking him

nycsportzfan
07-21-2013, 10:57 PM
I am a fan.. I think every mock I've seen has the Bucs taking him Outside of Clowney, hes the best player in this upcoming draft, i think. Hes that kinda good. Hes a Jimmy Graham, Tony Gonzalez type impact waiting to happen.

Honestly, the GMEN don't have a need at TE like that, but if they added this guy to Nicks and Cruz and Randle, ELI would throw 30TDS the next 5yrs.

Carter.525
07-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Outside of Clowney, hes the best player in this upcoming draft, i think. Hes that kinda good. Hes a Jimmy Graham, Tony Gonzalez type impact waiting to happen.

Honestly, the GMEN don't have a need at TE like that, but if they added this guy to Nicks and Cruz and Randle, ELI would throw 30TDS the next 5yrs.

are you suggesting tanking.. :)

slipknottin
07-21-2013, 11:21 PM
Tony Gonzalez is the comparison I see.

He isn't that much of a pure athlete as Vernon. But his body control and catching radius are incredible.

Carter.525
07-21-2013, 11:28 PM
his highlights are sick

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lPZ5ZDWEADo

Redeyejedi
07-22-2013, 11:16 AM
I dont know if he will go Top 10 .Technically he was suspended indefinitely by Washington for crashing his car drunk at twice the legal limit. The prosecution was trying to get him to serve a year in jail, case was settled he only got 1 day in jail.

I was actually, I dont want to say disappointed but when I went through his games I wasnt as impressed with him snap to snap as I was just watching his games from a far. Talent Wise he is by far the best TE however a few things bothered me. His effort run blocking just isnt always there. He has the ability and has shown to be totally dominate in that category when he wants to be. I dont think he is as explosive as he is made out to be. He isnt the fastest TE stright line speed wise. He is however a very smooth route runner which makes him appear faster then he is,
Some of these things Im pointing out are more comparing him to what I think he can be rather then other TE's in this class. Even with my nitpicking he is still the top TE and a 1st round pick.

TheAnalyst
07-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Not sure about top 10. I could see him go in the 20's though, first TE taken.

nycsportzfan
07-23-2013, 07:04 AM
are you suggesting tanking.. :) No way. But if the giants wanted to give up picks to add this guy and make a ridiculous high octane offense, i woulden't be against it. Its rare that I would say that, but this kids special. I get the arrest, and as I all ready mentioned, the blocking could be better given his size, but you just don't have that kinda athletic ability, body control, and as slip said, Catching radius, and not make a monsterus impact in the NFL. I'd be utterly shocked if this kid isn't a multiple pro bowl player and as close to a sure thing as there is in this yrs draft, outside of Clowney.

nycsportzfan
07-23-2013, 07:17 AM
I dont know if he will go Top 10 .Technically he was suspended indefinitely by Washington for crashing his car drunk at twice the legal limit. The prosecution was trying to get him to serve a year in jail, case was settled he only got 1 day in jail.

I was actually, I dont want to say disappointed but when I went through his games I wasnt as impressed with him snap to snap as I was just watching his games from a far. Talent Wise he is by far the best TE however a few things bothered me. His effort run blocking just isnt always there. He has the ability and has shown to be totally dominate in that category when he wants to be. I dont think he is as explosive as he is made out to be. He isnt the fastest TE stright line speed wise. He is however a very smooth route runner which makes him appear faster then he is,
Some of these things Im pointing out are more comparing him to what I think he can be rather then other TE's in this class. Even with my nitpicking he is still the top TE and a 1st round pick. His speed is very minor part of his game, when your talking about a guy his size, with his athletic ability and length. He can get to balls, that shorter LB's are gonna have no chance to bat away. Gavin Escobar just went in Rd2 last yr, despite him being not the fastest, but like Seferian Jenkins, he can get open, and runs good routes. Seferian Jenkins has star writtten all over him. If he does play this entire yr, or most of , his numbers are gonna be disgusting.

I'd be shocked if he has less then 10tds and 5or6 100yrd games. Price and Jenkins are gonna be insane duo this yr.

nycsportzfan
07-23-2013, 07:21 AM
his highlights are sick

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lPZ5ZDWEADo Utterly insane is more like it. That play at 48seconds in reminds me of exactly why i think hes a budding star. You just can't cover the guy one on one. He absoulutley ate that corner for breakfest. Even LB's look tiny next to him. Hes just to physicaly big and strong for one guy to hold him down. And then the ability to concentrate and make the tough catches on top of that, makes this kid special.

nycsportzfan
07-23-2013, 07:24 AM
Tony Gonzalez is the comparison I see.

He isn't that much of a pure athlete as Vernon. But his body control and catching radius are incredible. Ya, i meant Vernon as in TOP10 pick even though hes a TE, which is fairly rare. I think Gavin Escobar was a poor mans version of Seferian jenkins this past yr.

slipknottin
07-23-2013, 07:27 AM
My issue with him is the same issue I have with every player in the first round who has off the field problems. The giants won't touch him. Yes everyone here will say he is the exception, but it won't happen.

If he keeps screwing up and somehow is there in the late 2nd or 3rd round then it's possible

BlueSanta
07-25-2013, 02:26 PM
[QUOTE=nycsportzfan;806451]Outside of Clowney, hes the best player in this upcoming draft, i think. Hes that kinda good. QUOTE]

ehh I kind of agree. . He may be the 2nd best player at his position in the draft behind Clowney. But, unfortunately TE isn't valued as highly as some other positions, though I do think the TE position is gaining value in recent years with the rule changes. Either way, I agree he is a great prospect.

nycsportzfan
07-25-2013, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=nycsportzfan;806451]Outside of Clowney, hes the best player in this upcoming draft, i think. Hes that kinda good. QUOTE]

ehh I kind of agree. . He may be the 2nd best player at his position in the draft behind Clowney. But, unfortunately TE isn't valued as highly as some other positions, though I do think the TE position is gaining value in recent years with the rule changes. Either way, I agree he is a great prospect. But when your talking Gronk and/or Jimmy Graham type impact, you are talking most important positon, period, let alone TE. I think hes a guy who is like a WR in a bigger body..

Redeyejedi
07-29-2013, 09:09 AM
New Video from Yesterday I put up

vs Cal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N-8Ip7cPZg

Also a TE/HBack from Texas Tech that isnt talked about . He never blocks in that Offense but has the size for it, up to 6'5" 250, real good receiver.I believe he was around 235-240 in this video.

Jace Amaro vs WV 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNHc0CasndY

Redeyejedi
07-29-2013, 09:45 AM
My issue with him is the same issue I have with every player in the first round who has off the field problems. The giants won't touch him. Yes everyone here will say he is the exception, but it won't happen.

If he keeps screwing up and somehow is there in the late 2nd or 3rd round then it's possibleSome impressive TE's to. I like Ebron from UNC a lot ,Colt Lyerla got bigger this offseason. Ive seen people rank both of them over Jenkins. Depends on what u want, Lyeria does a lot things well. He has a very diverse skill set.

nycsportzfan
07-29-2013, 04:06 PM
New Video from Yesterday I put up

vs Cal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N-8Ip7cPZg

Also a TE/HBack from Texas Tech that isnt talked about . He never blocks in that Offense but has the size for it, up to 6'5" 250, real good receiver.I believe he was around 235-240 in this video.

Jace Amaro vs WV 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNHc0CasndY So funny you put up Amaro video Redeye. I've all ready seen him and was thinking about him, as a sleeper type. I never thought in a million yrs someone would bring him up before I did..lol Ur the man, redeye!

Thanks for these vid's!

nycsportzfan
07-29-2013, 04:08 PM
Some impressive TE's to. I like Ebron from UNC a lot ,Colt Lyerla got bigger this offseason. Ive seen people rank both of them over Jenkins. Depends on what u want, Lyeria does a lot things well. He has a very diverse skill set. None of em have even close to the offensive talent that Seferian-Jenkins has. Seferian Jenkins has the "rare" skills in a TE, that a Tony G, Antonio Gates, and Jimmy Graham have. Hes a special breed, and i would almost bet my life on him being a stud, if he keeps his offfield stuff in check.

nycsportzfan
07-29-2013, 04:14 PM
So funny you put up Amaro video Redeye. I've all ready seen him and was thinking about him, as a sleeper type. I never thought in a million yrs someone would bring him up before I did..lol Ur the man, redeye!

Thanks for these vid's! Yo, that Seferian Jenkins tape against Cal is brilliant. And Seferian Jenkins certainly showed his blocking capabilities in that paticular video's. He made multiple blocks on quite a few of those Bishop Sankey runs as well. Not to mention, the ability to get downfield, and be a mismatch on smaller CB's and LB's is insane. He ate Steve Williams(borderline pro CB) for dinner at one point, on a amazing 40yrd catch, and he lines up everywhere.

Thats one of the better TE video's i've seen in some time. If i was Seferian Jenkins, i'd have this tape locked away and make sure i show pro scouts this video often..lol

Redeyejedi
07-30-2013, 02:43 PM
None of em have even close to the offensive talent that Seferian-Jenkins has. Seferian Jenkins has the "rare" skills in a TE, that a Tony G, Antonio Gates, and Jimmy Graham have. Hes a special breed, and i would almost bet my life on him being a stud, if he keeps his offfield stuff in check. Jenkins is better but they are different types of players. Lyeria is a little more flexible in terms of usage ,Not that Jenkins isnt but Lyeria takes snaps at FB and can run the ball some

Redeyejedi
07-30-2013, 02:47 PM
Yo, that Seferian Jenkins tape against Cal is brilliant. And Seferian Jenkins certainly showed his blocking capabilities in that paticular video's. He made multiple blocks on quite a few of those Bishop Sankey runs as well. Not to mention, the ability to get downfield, and be a mismatch on smaller CB's and LB's is insane. He ate Steve Williams(borderline pro CB) for dinner at one point, on a amazing 40yrd catch, and he lines up everywhere.

Thats one of the better TE video's i've seen in some time. If i was Seferian Jenkins, i'd have this tape locked away and make sure i show pro scouts this video often..lol Every Offensive player I cut destroyed CAL but he really destroyed CAL. The Blocking to he was blowing guys off the ball.Like I said before he can be an absolute monster run blocker, he just doesnt bring it consistently.

gmen0820
08-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Man, if we uncharacteristically took a shot on this guy, our offense would be SO dirty.

Carter.525
08-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Man, if we uncharacteristically took a shot on this guy, our offense would be SO dirty.

Have to miss the playoffs for a shot at this guy.. total stud

nycsportzfan
08-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Man, if we uncharacteristically took a shot on this guy, our offense would be SO dirty. Filthy dirty! Like take a shower and get out and your feet are still dirty type filthy!!!lol Get my drift??lol Dudes a beast!

gmen0820
08-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Filthy dirty! Like take a shower and get out and your feet are still dirty type filthy!!!lol Get my drift??lol Dudes a beast!Uhhhhh, yeah. Yeah.

I think I got it.

nycsportzfan
08-04-2013, 11:41 PM
Uhhhhh, yeah. Yeah.

I think I got it. ya, me neither.lol Hes good!