PDA

View Full Version : Coughlin will be back next year (win or lose tonight)

heavyhitter
01-01-2012, 06:05 PM
<span class="postbody">http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34116592</span>

NYfanatic
01-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Missing the playoffs 3 years in a row should mean a coach to be fired. But I forgot we now officially have the worst owners in the league in the Maras. They are making the giants become a laughingstock.

poppa smurph
01-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Missing the playoffs 3 years in a row should mean a coach to be fired. But I forgot we now officially have the worst owners in the league in the Maras. They are making the giants become a laughingstock.
uh-oh..will you have a hard time cheering for the Giants tonight?

Tenspro2002
01-01-2012, 06:12 PM

Have to agree. Ownership that values "stability" over success will produce sustained periods of mediocrity.

Joe Morrison
01-01-2012, 06:12 PM
</P>

You have to be kidding, maybe you should change the coach every year, the OC, the game plan, the DC and the schemes, yeah, change them every year, look how well it works with other teams around the league.</P>

TC will always have the the GMEN ready to play and be competitive, that's all you can ask, 10-6 last year and no playoff, 9-7 this year and NFC East Champs, yeah he has to go.</P>

heavyhitter
01-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Missing the playoffs 3 years in a row should mean a coach to be fired. <font size="3">But I forgot we now officially have the worst owners in the league in the Maras. </font>They are making the giants become a laughingstock.
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z46/kcochran777/what-o.gif

bigjeep
01-01-2012, 06:29 PM
The real problem is players just don't want to play for him. And in the age of Free Agency, thats not good!

Firenugget
01-01-2012, 06:33 PM
lol all I can say is wow at a few of the comments...How many other teams go 3+ years and miss the playoffs? Of those, how many just won a superbowl the year prior to that drought?
Some people have no sense.

Bigjeep...Like who? Who doesn't wanna play for him? Plax? lol.

Joe Morrison
01-01-2012, 06:34 PM
The real problem is players just don't want to play for him. And in the age of Free Agency, thats not good!</P>

Prima Donna Players don't want to play for him, we don't need any of those type players anyway.</P>

You are too caught up with the media BS, you have to watch the NFL Network for postgame interviews in the locker room, those players are glad to be there.</P>

bigjeep
01-01-2012, 06:36 PM
The real problem is players just don't want to play for him. And in the age of Free Agency, thats not good!</P>

Prima Donna Players don't want to play for him, we don't need any of those type players anyway.</P>

You are too caught up with the media BS, you have to watch the NFL Network for postgame interviews in the locker room, those players are glad to be there.</P>

</P>

I think two players already said they are history?</P>

Joe Morrison
01-01-2012, 06:37 PM

</P>

</P>

We don't need players with that attitude anyway.</P>

Down-lifer
01-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Good. I'm glad he'll be back.

Tenspro2002
01-01-2012, 06:43 PM

</P>

</P>

But when "players with that attitude" are half the league, it makes it hard to compete.

bigjeep
01-01-2012, 06:45 PM

</P>

</P>

But when "players with that attitude" are half the league, it makes it hard to compete.</P>

</P>

BINGO!!!!!!!! [B]</P>

poppa smurph
01-01-2012, 06:49 PM

</P>

</P>

But when "players with that attitude" are half the league, it makes it hard to compete.Now were not competitive?</P>

The cautious move will never be the celebrated one.</P>

I'll also add that a new coaching staff with new systems likely sets this program back a year or two...</P>

Firenugget
01-01-2012, 06:49 PM
The real problem is players just don't want to play for him. And in the age of Free Agency, thats not good!</p>

Prima Donna Players don't want to play for him, we don't need any of those type players anyway.</p>

You are too caught up with the media BS, you have to watch the NFL Network for postgame interviews in the locker room, those players are glad to be there.</p>

</p>

I think two players already said they are history?</p>

Who's that?

heavyhitter
01-01-2012, 07:22 PM
The real problem is players just don't want to play for him. And in the age of Free Agency, thats not good!</p>

Prima Donna Players don't want to play for him, we don't need any of those type players anyway.</p>

You are too caught up with the media BS, you have to watch the NFL Network for postgame interviews in the locker room, those players are glad to be there.</p>

</p>

<font size="3">I think two players already said they are history?</font></p>

Who's that?
<font size="3">I call BS</font>

bigjeep
01-01-2012, 07:29 PM

</P>

<FONT size=3>I think two players already said they are history?</FONT></P>

Who's that?
<FONT size=3>I call BS</FONT>
</P>

Osi and Jacobs!</P>

nhpgiantsfan
01-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Please back this statement up with some actual facts that you have. And don't just tell me that 5 years ago Strahan said he didn't like playing for TC. You should watch the sights and sounds videos after each win and then come back and tell us that players don't like playing for TC.

nhpgiantsfan
01-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Sorry the above post was a response to big jeep. For some reason it didn't quote.

DemandedAce
01-01-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't think many of us want coughin gone I know I don't. I want kg and fewell gone, coughlin is a good coach and besides who would replace him with outside of zimmer. Get rid of our coordinators and I'll be happy

heavyhitter
01-01-2012, 07:42 PM

</p>

Who's that?
</p>

Osi and Jacobs!</p>That was so damn predictable. Give me a source or a link or something that says that. You either have got some real good intel (locker room intel) or your assuming this. I call BS until you provide a link.

Joe Morrison
01-01-2012, 07:46 PM

</P>

Who's that?
</P>

Osi and Jacobs!</P>

That was so damn predictable. Give me a source or a link or something that says that. You either have got some real good intel (locker room intel) or your assuming this. I call BS until you provide a link.
</P>

Jacobs reworked his contract this year for less money so him and Bradshaw could both stay.</P>

OSI might have to stay after missing so much time this year, or just retire, he's very unpredictable and kind of a PITA.</P>

giantsfan39
01-01-2012, 07:54 PM

</p>

I think two players already said they are history?</p>

</p>

We don't need players with that attitude anyway.</p>

But when "players with that attitude" are half the league, it makes it hard to compete.Now were not competitive?</p>

The cautious move will never be the celebrated one.</p>

I'll also add that a new coaching staff with new systems likely sets this program back a year or two...</p>

Yup look at the 49ers or the Texans defense.

The cautious move seems to have become the celebrated one. Teams seem to stick with guys based on their past record when their recent and current performance shows they shouldn't be coaching.

poppa smurph
01-01-2012, 07:57 PM

</P>

</P>

But when "players with that attitude" are half the league, it makes it hard to compete.Now were not competitive?</P>

The cautious move will never be the celebrated one.</P>

I'll also add that a new coaching staff with new systems likely sets this program back a year or two...</P>

Yup look at the 49ers or the Texans defense.

The cautious move seems to have become the celebrated one. Teams seem to stick with guys based on their past record when their recent and current performance shows they shouldn't be coaching.

umhmm, third times a charm for being an exception to the rule too.</P>

You really gotta go a little deeper in history to get a real sense of that.</P>

NYfanatic
01-01-2012, 08:02 PM
</p>

You have to be kidding, maybe you should change the coach every year, the OC, the game plan, the DC and the schemes, yeah, change them every year, look how well it works with other teams around the league.</p>

TC will always have the the GMEN ready to play and be competitive, that's all you can ask, 10-6 last year and no playoff, 9-7 this year and NFC East Champs, yeah he has to go.</p>
We havent won yet...
We can lose and then the this whole board will be on my side.

NYfanatic
01-01-2012, 08:05 PM

Have to agree. Ownership that values "stability" over success will produce sustained periods of mediocrity.
Look at the jaguars. They have "stability" in Jack Del rio and he lead them to nothing for 7 years.
How many years does coughlin need to not make the playoffs for him to be fired? 4 or 5? 1 superbowl win doesnt mean he is safe forever. You have to make changes to win in the league. Coughlin isnt winning anymore. And IF he does win tonight I will eat crow. I just dont think he will get this team prepared to win.

poppa smurph
01-01-2012, 08:10 PM
</P>

You have to be kidding, maybe you should change the coach every year, the OC, the game plan, the DC and the schemes, yeah, change them every year, look how well it works with other teams around the league.</P>

TC will always have the the GMEN ready to play and be competitive, that's all you can ask, 10-6 last year and no playoff, 9-7 this year and NFC East Champs, yeah he has to go.</P>
We havent won yet...
We can lose and then the this whole board will be on my side.
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#ff0000>muahahaha</FONT>

bigjeep
01-01-2012, 08:14 PM

</P>

Who's that?
</P>

Osi and Jacobs!</P>

That was so damn predictable. Give me a source or a link or something that says that. You either have got some real good intel (locker room intel) or your assuming this. I call BS until you provide a link.
</P>

</P>

http://www.giants101.com/2012/01/01/as-we-say-hello-to-2012-we-may-also-be-saying-goodbye-to-several-new-york-giants/</P>

simms56
01-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Regardless of outcome tonight, it has been obvious for three years that wholesale changes need to happen. I wanted Harbaugh, look at the difference in the Niners this year. How anyone could watch this team since the Plexico incident and find this acceptable is beyond me. I like TC, but it is obvious that the team cannot show ANY consistency or discipline, the injuries which got Fassel canned that TC said he would fix, along with the D being awful for three years, etc. ALL things that are supposedly positive staples of TC. He has done a better job this year but this team got swept by the Redskins and doesn't win games easily that they should.

ELI_Iz_God
01-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Saying and doing are 2 different things. Bill Cowher will be our HC next year if tonight is a loss...and maybe still if we flop on first playoff game.

If anyone would have a problem with this..I hear Jets Jerseys are on sale.

heavyhitter
01-01-2012, 08:51 PM
<font size="4">The real problem is players just don't want to play for him. </font>And in the age of Free Agency, thats not good!</p>

</p>

Who's that?
</p>

Osi and Jacobs!</p>

</p>

</p>

http://www.giants101.com/2012/01/01/as-we-say-hello-to-2012-we-may-also-be-saying-goodbye-to-several-new-york-giants/</p>This is all you got, man? This is crap and proves nothing about your statement that Osi and Jacobs don't want to play for TC. Nice try though and thanks for playing

Sintim97
01-01-2012, 09:28 PM
this is sickening. mara said the same thing last year "regardless of the redskins game outcome week 17, he'll be back." what the hell??? so we can lose 45-0 and he'll be back? the article says the jets game sealed the deal with bringing coughlin back...are you serious? have they not seen how the jets unraveled throughout the stretch? and it was a 100 yard reception by cruz which busted that game open. im sick of this. im sick of this team being held back by oldschool and conservative coaching. bring spags back and let him run the show again. let the players play for HIM again rather than coughlin. this team got swept by the skins, cant put ANY games away, starts hot and slowly fades, lays eggs worse than any eggs ive ever seen laid in the nfl in recent years, they play when they want to play (usually against division rivals or when a juggernaut team like the packers comes into our house) and the style of play is so old fashioned. you know why theyre staying? because all mara cares about is asses in the seats. he knows with 8-10 wins, we'll have asses in the seats. thats what he cares about, not championships. i have no doubt theyll resign coughlin after next year. can you imagine this coaching staff with guys like sean payton and spags on it? u might as well punch in our tickets for the superbowl. instead, we have these oldschool bums. and i like how people say "i like coughlin but not his coordinators." who do u think is advocating these coordinators? coughlin. not to mention his other awful coaches...tom quinn..herraman and previous coaches like sheridan, lewis, hufnagel

out of his 7 years he, we've been 1 and done or not even made the playoffs for SIX of those SEVEN years. unacceptable. and we're only playing tough now because we're playing dallas. id love to see us play the saints in the playoffs again.

i almost wanna lose tonight because we have no shot at winning the superbowl anyway. honestly, can you see us getting past the saints or packers? no, so the season is a wash anyway. id rather just start off fresh next year.

Sintim97
01-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Good. I'm glad he'll be back.

yeah good another season we can start hot and end cold and then lose first round of the playoffs or not even make it at all

jparmer
01-01-2012, 09:36 PM
It's hard to be negative while we are playing well in our last chance at the playoffs. But I think it's time for a clean sweep. We need new blood at the helm. At the very least ask Coughlin to leave willingly if u wanna save face

Sintim97
01-01-2012, 09:41 PM
It's hard to be negative while we are playing well in our last chance at the playoffs. But I think it's time for a clean sweep. We need new blood at the helm. At the very least ask Coughlin to leave willingly if u wanna save face

well this isnt gonna happen, according to the article at least.

and in response to your first sentence; like i said in my post, we play when we want to. when its against a division rival in a scenario like this, out of respect for themselves, they wont roll over. now, if we're fortunate enough to meet the saints again, we will simply be outcoached and outgameplanned from beginning to end of the game

jparmer
01-01-2012, 09:48 PM

and in response to your first sentence; like i said in my post, we play when we want to. when its against a division rival in a scenario like this, out of respect for themselves, they wont roll over. now, if we're fortunate enough to meet the saints again, we will simply be outcoached and outgameplanned from beginning to end of the game

I completely agree with u. I'd be willing to let Coughlin stay if Fewell and gilbride were canned. But I've said it weeks ago, I honestly don't see any of these guys gone, even if we lose tonight. This ownership has to much loyalty and integrity.

Sintim97
01-01-2012, 09:51 PM

I completely agree with u. I'd be willing to let Coughlin stay if Fewell and gilbride were canned. But I've said it weeks ago, I honestly don't see any of these guys gone, even if we lose tonight. This ownership has to much loyalty and integrity.

ditto

bigjeep
01-01-2012, 09:55 PM
<FONT size=4>The real problem is players just don't want to play for him. </FONT>And in the age of Free Agency, thats not good!</P>

</P>

Who's that?
</P>

Osi and Jacobs!</P>

</P>

</P>

http://www.giants101.com/2012/01/01/as-we-say-hello-to-2012-we-may-also-be-saying-goodbye-to-several-new-york-giants/</P>

This is all you got, man? This is crap and proves nothing about your statement that Osi and Jacobs don't want to play for TC. Nice try though and thanks for playing
</P>

[B]</P>

Sintim97
01-01-2012, 09:59 PM
how many backup or just subpar qbs shredded us this year? rex grossman twice, tavaris jackson, charlie whitehurst, vince young, who else??

SweetZombieJesus
01-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Still hasn't won a home playoff game and hasn't won a playoff game at all outside of 2007, and even with a win against the Cowboys the record will be 31-42 in November and December.

nhpgiantsfan
01-01-2012, 10:09 PM
So I come on here at half time to check out the boards and I see all the posts hoping for new coaching. Posts that are being posted DURING the biggest game of the year. Are you guys really fans of this team. You guys are embarrassing yourselves! Enjoy the second half and when we win and move on to the playoffs and Coughlin keeps his job, you guys should spend next weekend picking a new coach and team to root for next year.

jparmer
01-01-2012, 10:15 PM
We are all happy about how the game is going but that doesn't erase all of the second half meltdowns over the years. It doesn't erase the lack of motivation in some of our no-show games this year. THAT is embarrassing. Yes we have a great opportunity to take our division but at 9-7. That's not a great year don't be blind. We just happened to be the best of a bad division.

Sintim97
01-01-2012, 10:46 PM
look at this; the bad coaching (offense and defense) is about to let them come back...boy this isnt familiar. we couldnt seal the deal against the damn colts or rams at this rate. we havent sealed the deal against ANY team this year, unless u wanna call the first game vs the eagles "sealing the deal". to all u coughlin advocates; this is what u can and should expect next year...conservative, lack of intensity, lack of hunger, and letting teams hang around when they should be put away

heavyhitter
01-01-2012, 11:39 PM
<font size="4">The real problem is players just don't want to play for him. </font>And in the age of Free Agency, thats not good!</p>

</p>

Who's that?
</p>

Osi and Jacobs!</p>

</p>

</p>

http://www.giants101.com/2012/01/01/as-we-say-hello-to-2012-we-may-also-be-saying-goodbye-to-several-new-york-giants/</p>

This is all you got, man? This is crap and proves nothing about your statement that Osi and Jacobs don't want to play for TC. Nice try though and thanks for playing
</p>

[B]</p><font size="4">BigJeep, they sure looked like they wanted to play for Coughlin tonight. Did you enjoy the game? </font>

../emoticons/emotion-22.gif</p>