PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Fotball - Sleeper And Breakout Candidates At Quarterback

RoanokeFan
07-22-2013, 01:59 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/23/sports/football/fantasy-football-sleeper-and-breakout-candidates-at-quarterback.html?ref=football&_r=0

Excerpt: "Continuing our look at players who could potentially break out in 2013, or at least become consistent contributors to fantasy football rosters, we turn to the quarterback position.

Eli Manning, Giants (Average Draft Position 9.07, 13th quarterback over all) – Not a sleeper in the classic sense, since he has two Super Bowl rings and was a top-six fantasy quarterback just a year before his disappointing 2012 season. But in a year when there has been a lot of talk about how deep the quarterback position is, little of that talk has included Manning. Yet, there are plenty of reasons to believe he will bounce back into fantasy owners’ good graces this year.

A healthy Hakeem Nicks, who has been a major part of Manning’s success, is leagues better than the statistics line he posted in 2012, and he should be highly motivated to produce entering a contract year. The second-year wideout Rueben Randle has taken a major step forward, according to the offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride, (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/13/kevin-gilbride-praises-rueben-randle-says-cruz-and-nicks-missed-a-lot/)and the addition of the sure-handed tight end Brandon Myers (78 percent catch rate, first among tight ends in 2012) is not a downgrade from Martellus Bennett by any means. The signing of the veteran Louis Murphy certainly was not earth-shattering, but it does give the passing game some much-needed field-stretching speed, and at the very least he is an upgrade over the underachieving Jerrel Jernigan.

With Victor Cruz now signed, Manning will have one of the most potent passing attacks in the league at his disposal, and let’s not overlook the addition of the first-round draft pick Justin Pugh to an offensive line that allowed the fewest sacks in the N.F.L last season." Read more...

Morehead State
07-22-2013, 06:41 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/23/sports/football/fantasy-football-sleeper-and-breakout-candidates-at-quarterback.html?ref=football&_r=0

Excerpt: "Continuing our look at players who could potentially break out in 2013, or at least become consistent contributors to fantasy football rosters, we turn to the quarterback position.

Eli Manning, Giants (Average Draft Position 9.07, 13th quarterback over all) – Not a sleeper in the classic sense, since he has two Super Bowl rings and was a top-six fantasy quarterback just a year before his disappointing 2012 season. But in a year when there has been a lot of talk about how deep the quarterback position is, little of that talk has included Manning. Yet, there are plenty of reasons to believe he will bounce back into fantasy owners’ good graces this year.

A healthy Hakeem Nicks, who has been a major part of Manning’s success, is leagues better than the statistics line he posted in 2012, and he should be highly motivated to produce entering a contract year. The second-year wideout Rueben Randle has taken a major step forward, according to the offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride, (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/13/kevin-gilbride-praises-rueben-randle-says-cruz-and-nicks-missed-a-lot/)and the addition of the sure-handed tight end Brandon Myers (78 percent catch rate, first among tight ends in 2012) is not a downgrade from Martellus Bennett by any means. The signing of the veteran Louis Murphy certainly was not earth-shattering, but it does give the passing game some much-needed field-stretching speed, and at the very least he is an upgrade over the underachieving Jerrel Jernigan.

With Victor Cruz now signed, Manning will have one of the most potent passing attacks in the league at his disposal, and let’s not overlook the addition of the first-round draft pick Justin Pugh to an offensive line that allowed the fewest sacks in the N.F.L last season." Read more...

Eli is essentially a back up in FF. With Wilson and Brown hoping to be featured this year, we may see some drop in yards and TD's.
To me the biggest sleeper is Carson Palmer.

RolleN N CruzN
07-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Eli is essentially a back up in FF.

You're nuts.I'm glad you're playing in the same league with me.

Carter.525
07-22-2013, 07:25 PM
in a 10 team league Eli is a border line starter.. It's true

RolleN N CruzN
07-22-2013, 08:35 PM
We're in a 12 team league. If Stafford or RGIII get hurt, he's a lock top 10 QB. Please put me in Morehead's division!!!!

Flip Empty
07-22-2013, 09:59 PM
A 9th round ADP and they're calling him a sleeper?

Morehead State
07-22-2013, 10:18 PM
We're in a 12 team league. If Stafford or RGIII get hurt, he's a lock top 10 QB. Please put me in Morehead's division!!!!
Eli is NOT a starting FF QB. I suppose he could be interchanged based on matchups with another similar QB. But there are 10 to 12 guys clearly in front of Eli. Again we are talking FF, not real football.
You mention Stafford and RG !!!...they are both clearly ahead of Eli. So IF some guys ahead of Eli get hurt then yes.....he moves up. But I'm talking about the players as they are now. As it was reported, Eli averages as the 13 QB off the board. That makes him a backup.

Deal with it. And if you want in my division that's fine. I'll do to you what I did to the league last year.

Morehead State
07-22-2013, 10:32 PM
Brady
Peyton
Brees
Rodgers
Kaepernick
RG111
Romo
Stafford
Newton
Wilson
Palmer
Luck

I would take all these guys over Eli in FF. He is then on a par with Rivers (who I think will have a huge year in the new system) Ben, Flacco and Vick.
I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

RolleN N CruzN
07-23-2013, 06:52 AM
I love owners who live in the past. Rookie.

Morehead State
07-23-2013, 07:02 AM

Umm...... Eli is the future?
I would say that belongs to Wilson Kaepernick, Luck and RGIII. Wouldn't you?

Oh yeah....I forgot Matt Ryan on the first list.

Carter.525
07-23-2013, 07:58 AM
Umm...... Eli is the future?
I would say that belongs to Wilson Kaepernick, Luck and RGIII. Wouldn't you?

Oh yeah....I forgot Matt Ryan on the first list.

I got Ryan at 5.. after Rodgers, Brees, Peyton and Brady (in that order)

RolleN N CruzN
07-23-2013, 08:29 AM
I'll do to you what I did to the league last year.

Clearly, I have to be clear with you to match your intelligence.

ryan12
07-23-2013, 09:20 AM
You're nuts.I'm glad you're playing in the same league with me.

agreed

ryan12
07-23-2013, 09:22 AM
saying eli isn't a starting qb in fantasy is stupid

Morehead State
07-23-2013, 11:56 AM
saying eli isn't a starting qb in fantasy is stupid
Which of the more than 12 that I mentioned would you take him over?

RolleN N CruzN
07-23-2013, 12:21 PM

We're not in the business to help you since you're in our league

ryan12
07-23-2013, 03:33 PM

for fantasy
luck
palmer
Wilson
romo
rg3
kapernick

Morehead State
07-23-2013, 04:22 PM
for fantasy
luck
palmer
Wilson
romo
rg3
kapernick
All those guys (barring injury) will outpeform Eli in FF this year.
But I encourage all y FF opponents this season to fight for Eli in the early rounds if you want to put your money where your mouth is.

ryan12
07-23-2013, 04:36 PM
But I encourage all y FF opponents this season to fight for Eli in the early rounds if you want to put your money where your mouth is.

its not that serious bro noone is going to draft eli just to prove you wrong maybe rudyy

Eli TO Shockey
07-23-2013, 05:19 PM
MH is right . I had eli last year and he screwed me with his 4 week TD hiatus. Still won my my league, but thats because I was solid from top to bottom :cool:

byron
07-23-2013, 07:27 PM
But I encourage all y FF opponents this season to fight for Eli in the early rounds if you want to put your money where your mouth is. well tbh MH with pugh anchoring the right side.... Eli is gonna have all day to find the open guy.... catapulting Eli into the GOAT convo next off season....oh man

gmen0820
07-23-2013, 07:27 PM
MH is right . I had eli last year and he screwed me with his 4 week TD hiatus. Still won my my league, but thats because I was solid from top to bottom :cool:I had Brady last year. Made out pretty well in the GMB league with the best team.

gmen0820
07-23-2013, 07:28 PM
well tbh MH with pugh anchoring the right side.... Eli is gonna have all day to find the open guy.... catapulting Eli into the GOAT convo next off season....oh manPugh can't touch his toes.

Eli TO Shockey
07-23-2013, 07:42 PM
well tbh MH with pugh anchoring the right side.... Eli is gonna have all day to find the open guy.... catapulting Eli into the GOAT convo next off season....oh man

Pugh and Eli. the best QB/RT combination in the history of football. Co-Superbowl MVP's?

Eli TO Shockey
07-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Pugh can't touch his toes.

I wonder if he pees all over the toilet seat. No control.

gmen0820
07-23-2013, 07:53 PM
I wonder if he pees all over the toilet seat. No control.He does, but he is always wearing really thick socks that can absorb any leakage without being too discomforting.

Eli TO Shockey
07-23-2013, 07:56 PM
He does, but he is always wearing really thick socks that can absorb any leakage without being too discomforting.

luckily for him he doesnt have to wash his hands.

byron
07-23-2013, 08:02 PM
luckily for him he doesnt have to wash his hands. but the socks that got to stink.... ppppuuuugh!

Eli TO Shockey
07-23-2013, 08:26 PM
but the socks that got to stink.... ppppuuuugh!

hahahaha. awesome