PDA

View Full Version : NEW HOPE....Sheridan Coaching from the booth

riot
05-15-2009, 12:50 AM
I know a lot of people are concerned about Sheridan coaching from the booth but i think this solves the whole peirce problem. </P>

I was never one to complain about peirce but i know a lot of people are concerned about him losing a step. Sheirdan being in the booth makes peirce his biggest assistant. Better than any coach on the feild. Esp since defensive players have mics in their helmets.</P>

Dont be surprised at all if peirce has a pro bowl season.</P>

giantsfan420
05-15-2009, 01:06 AM
I know a lot of people are concerned about Sheridan coaching from the booth but i think this solves the whole peirce problem. </P>

I was never one to complain about peirce but i know a lot of people are concerned about him losing a step. Sheirdan being in the booth makes peirce his biggest assistant. Better than any coach on the feild. Esp since defensive players have mics in their helmets.</P>

</P>

nice aspect that a lot of us hadn't thought about. well said. I actually was against it bc I thought the dc should be communicating with the players, but it actually seems more intriguing to have a dc up in the booth able to notice any tendency whatsoever.</P>

Giant in Dallas
05-15-2009, 01:23 AM
I don't see how either situation correlates with one another... If the problem is Pierce having lost a step over the past several seasons, it wouldn't matter if Sheridan was on the field, in the booth, or tagging along with the folks in the booth, it just wouldn't change Antonio's speed or quickness.</P>

Unless I missed something, I am unsure of what point you are trying to make.</P>

lilredk
05-15-2009, 01:30 AM
Pierce was the product of a D line that sputtered late in the season leaving him open to O lines reaching him, when they should have been attacking our D line....With the additions on the D line this year Pierce should do quite the job.....Plus Sheridan in the box can see whatever Pierce may miss on the field furthuring better cohesiveness with the entire D in general.....

Kase-1
05-15-2009, 01:37 AM
I know a lot of people are concerned about Sheridan coaching from the booth but i think this solves the whole peirce problem. </p>

I was never one to complain about peirce but i know a lot of people are concerned about him losing a step. Sheirdan being in the booth makes peirce his biggest assistant. Better than any coach on the feild. Esp since defensive players have mics in their helmets.</p>

Dont be surprised at all if peirce has a pro bowl season.</p>I dont know about AP having a Pro Bowl season, but I understand what you're saying with Sheridan being able to see from a better angle where our D is getting exploited, but what about the rest of the players without mics in their helmets.... Theyre not gonna pass it around AP's helmet, LOL

Sheridans assistants should be up in the box with Sheridan on the field to interact with ALL of the D, individually and collectivley

I see what you're saying though, I just dont agree with it, LOL

Manning2Shock803
05-15-2009, 02:06 AM

I dont know about AP having a Pro Bowl season, but I understand what you're saying with Sheridan being able to see from a better angle where our D is getting exploited, but what about the rest of the players without mics in their helmets.... Theyre not gonna pass it around AP's helmet, LOL

Sheridans assistants should be up in the box with Sheridan on the field to interact with ALL of the D, individually and collectivley

</P>

I'm sure the D players will be talking to Sheridan in between drives on the phone, and Pierce will just relay whatever Sherdian tells him while the D is on the field.</P>

ShockeyShow
05-15-2009, 02:16 AM
This is the best thing for our defense.

You can quote me on that. I'll eat my words if some of our players don't have their best years this year.

gmen46
05-15-2009, 05:18 AM

I dont know about AP having a Pro Bowl season, but I understand what you're saying with Sheridan being able to see from a better angle where our D is getting exploited, but what about the rest of the players without mics in their helmets.... Theyre not gonna pass it around AP's helmet, LOL

</P>

I'm sure the D players will be talking to Sheridan in between drives on the phone, and Pierce will just relay whatever Sherdian tells him while the D is on the field.</P>

</P>

All I know is Tim Lewis coached from the booth, Spags coached from the sidelines. Judge results for yourself.</P>

Chaosist
05-15-2009, 09:29 AM
I don't think that'll really help AP out that much, or at least not as much as you think. The coaches on the sidelines get those pictures after every play showing the how each side is lined up, and then how the play unfolded. Maybe, Sheridan might be able to notice something a little sooner, but I don't know how much real time impact that'll have, especially if Sheridan isn't wired into AP's helmet.</P>

That being said, AP is due for a good season this year (so long as he got back into shape). Sure he's lost a half a step/a step, but I think he's getting a lot of hate for getting abused by Westbrook a couple of times. Almost any MLB is going to get abused by Westbrook in the open field, that's why Westbrook has been as successful as he has been in this league. </P>

All in all, I think AP will have a good season, but I highly doubt that it'll be a Pro Bowl season. </P>

Chaosist
05-15-2009, 09:34 AM

</P>

</P>

All I know is Tim Lewis coached from the booth, Spags coached from the sidelines. Judge results for yourself.</P>

</P>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Jim Johnson of Philly coach from the booth? Philly always has a pretty good D, and Johnson was Spags mentor. </P>

Lewis just had an awful defensive scheme, and didn't utilize our players in the manner that best suited their skill sets.</P>

And Lewis was just an awful playcaller. Any one remember the Titans game a few years back?</P>

</P>

**** Lewis!</P>

Stadium Traffic
05-15-2009, 10:52 AM
I know a lot of people are concerned about Sheridan coaching from the booth but i think this solves the whole peirce problem. </p>

I was never one to complain about peirce but i know a lot of people are concerned about him losing a step. Sheirdan being in the booth makes peirce his biggest assistant. Better than any coach on the feild. Esp since defensive players have mics in their helmets.</p>

Dont be surprised at all if peirce has a pro bowl season.</p>

</p>

I'm sure the D players will be talking to Sheridan in between drives on the phone, and Pierce will just relay whatever Sherdian tells him while the D is on the field.</p>

</p>

All I know is Tim Lewis coached from the booth, Spags coached from the sidelines. Judge results for yourself.</p>

</p>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Jim Johnson of Philly coach from the booth? Philly always has a pretty good D, and Johnson was Spags mentor. </p>

Lewis just had an awful defensive scheme, and didn't utilize our players in the manner that best suited their skill sets.</p>

And Lewis was just an awful playcaller. Any one remember the Titans game a few years back?</p>

</p>

**** Lewis!</p>

Jim Johnson always coached from the field. The only time he was in the booth is when he was having severe pain from his recurrent cancer (melanoma)

TriniGiant
05-15-2009, 11:11 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Jim Johnson of Philly coach from the booth? Philly always has a pretty good D, and Johnson was Spags mentor. </P>

Lewis just had an awful defensive scheme, and didn't utilize our players in the manner that best suited their skill sets.</P>

And Lewis was just an awful playcaller. Any one remember the Titans game a few years back?</P>

</P>

**** Lewis!</P>

Jim Johnson always coached from the field. The only time he was in the booth is when he was having severe pain from his recurrent cancer (melanoma)
</P>

Correct, like in the playoff game against the Eagles last year (which the won, by the way). So he has done both. And there are pros and cons to both. However it really doesn't matter where he is, Sheridan isn't a rah rah type guy anyways. The situational playcalling is what's important. Ppl are makinga big deal out of nothing.</P>

GMENAGAIN
05-15-2009, 11:24 AM
I don't get it. How is the coach in the booth going to get AP to lose that gut?

Providence
05-15-2009, 11:55 AM
If Pierce has a pro-bowl season I will give everyone in this thread $1,000.

gumby742
05-15-2009, 11:59 AM
If Pierce has an impact season where he makes plays unassisted I'll give everyone 1000 bucks. Even the season he went to the Probowl he was far from impressive.

Jtuck
05-15-2009, 12:09 PM

I am going to hold You to that!

FBomb
05-15-2009, 12:15 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

What a stupid comparison!!! Tim Lewis' entire scheme was a horrible POS!!</P>

That being said, I don't know if either way is better or not, but I perfer coaches on the field getting in a players face to admonish him for a dumb play or giving him props for great one. The booth seems too impersonal.</P>

lamas
05-15-2009, 12:18 PM

Hey, you never know.

elismom
05-15-2009, 03:12 PM

</P>

I really don't know how long pierce can stay out there. Can he hang and play all yr long this yr?</P>

illmaticzeke
05-15-2009, 03:16 PM

Im joining the thread just for this.....Hell its worth hoping for, for a grand....unlikely but hopeful.

giantsfan420
05-15-2009, 03:27 PM
If Pierce has a pro-bowl season I will give everyone in this thread $1,000.</P>

not quite the loser leave mb challenge but still, I'm holding you to that</P>

FBomb
05-15-2009, 03:33 PM

not as lame as the loser leave mb challenge but still, I'm holding you to that</P>

</P>

fixed it for ya!</P>

redjersies
05-15-2009, 03:34 PM
my instinct tells me that it would be better to coach from the sideline than from a booth up far away</P>

but, i'm not a coach so I don't know</P>

</P>

giantsfan420
05-15-2009, 03:38 PM

not as lame as the loser leave mb challenge but still, I'm holding you to that</P>

</P>

fixed it for ya!</P>

</P>

hmmm, actually offerin 1000 dollars to all of us which he would never pay if pierce made probowl, nah thats lamer than me takin my stance on eli and challengin any of the "realists" to put there money where there mouth is. But to each his own, you think that challenge was lame and i think you are lame so its all good. Go GIANTS!</P>

FBomb
05-15-2009, 03:39 PM

</P>

fixed it for ya!</P>

</P>

hmmm, actually offerin 1000 dollars to all of us which he would never pay if pierce made probowl, nah thats lamer than me takin my stance on eli and challengin any of the "realists" to put there money where there mouth is. But to each his own, you think that challenge was lame and i think you are lame so its all good. Go GIANTS!</P>

</P>

I also think you're an overly sensitive little girl.</P>

giantsfan420
05-15-2009, 03:43 PM

</P>

fixed it for ya!</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

this coming from someone who goes around "fixing posts". Thanks buddy, at least I know where you stand. Good luck with all that, I really mean that. Anyone who needs to start a fight on an online mb of a team we are both fans of, well that shows me all I need to know about you. I really hope your life turns around buddy, hope you get some happiness in that soul of yours</P>

FBomb
05-15-2009, 03:47 PM

</P>

fixed it for ya!</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

this coming from someone who goes around "fixing posts". Thanks buddy, at least I know where you stand. Good luck with all that, I really mean that. Anyone who needs to start a fight on an online mb of a team we are both fans of, well that shows me all I need to know about you. I really hope your life turns around buddy, hope you get some happiness in that soul of yours</P>

</P>

Start a fight? Oh, that's right..............you're the "guy" who wants everyone who doesn't agree with you to promise to quit the boards. </P>

Perhaps you should consider a Nickelodeon forum, or grow a thicker skin?</P>

</P>

giantsfan420
05-15-2009, 03:51 PM

</P>

fixed it for ya!</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Start a fight? Oh, that's right..............you're the "guy" who wants everyone who doesn't agree with you to promise to quit the boards. </P>

</P>

</P>

haha. now your hijackin threads. well i'll respond and be done with it. I never one said I want everyone who doesnt agree with me to quit. I said, defend your stand if you think eli is under an avg qb. I'll defend the stance he is an abv avg qb. For all the posts liek 2 posters make revolving around eli bein under avg., i gave those posters the chance to put there money where the mouth is. Notice how NONE of them took it, in fact. </P>

But whatever you really are pathetic. Even if I need "thicker skin" YOUR still the loser tryin to instigate a fight ON AN ONLINE MB. HOW PATHETIC IS THAT? A MILLION TIMES MORE PATHETIC THAN TRYIN TO DEFEND A STANCE, which is what I tried to do.</P>

Maybe you should try and defend your own stances if you have em, besides insultin people. what a pathetic loser</P>

FBomb
05-15-2009, 03:53 PM

</P>

fixed it for ya!</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

haha. now your hijackin threads. well i'll respond and be done with it. I never one said I want everyone who doesnt agree with me to quit. I said, defend your stand if you think eli is under an avg qb. I'll defend the stance he is an abv avg qb. For all the posts liek 2 posters make revolving around eli bein under avg., i gave those posters the chance to put there money where the mouth is. Notice how NONE of them took it, in fact. </P>

But whatever you really are pathetic. Even if I need "thicker skin" YOUR still the loser tryin to instigate a fight ON AN ONLINE MB. HOW PATHETIC IS THAT? A MILLION TIMES MORE PATHETIC THAN TRYIN TO DEFEND A STANCE, which is what I tried to do.</P>

Maybe you should try and defend your own stances if you have em, besides insultin people. what a pathetic loser</P>

</P>

Wow.......are you crying as you type?</P>

I don't feel the need to defend myself for my opinions. Especially against soemone who over reacts to people who disagree with them.</P>

</P>

btw.......I didn't hijack anything. YOU brought your lame contest into this thread and then hijacked another one I was in.</P>

Seriously, how old are you?</P>

giantsfan420
05-15-2009, 03:56 PM

</P>

fixed it for ya!</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

hahaha HE'S STILL BEIN A PATHETIC DUCHE BAG...HE DON'T GET THAT DESPITE HOW OTHERS ACT, HOW YOU YOURSELF ACTS DEFINES YOU.</P>

HERES HOW FBOMB IS DEFINED:</P>

Goes ONLINE to a GIANTS message board, and picks fights with people HE'S NEVER MET, REPEATADLY.</P>

Or, just as simple: PATHETIC.</P>

I would say somethin about your avatar and make fun of that kid bein so unfortunate for having a ****** as a relative or even go as far to say as the child looks like a moron, but I won't. its what u want, u want me to fight. I'll just simply tell you, please refrain from starting online fights. it really makes u look PATHETIC</P>

* and more like i said that him givin us 1000 dollars was cool but not the loser leave mb challenge. than you "Fixed" it makin it say it was lame. yeah, your so out of whack you donte ven know what ur postin.</P>

FBomb
05-15-2009, 03:58 PM

</P>

fixed it for ya!</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

hahaha HE'S STILL BEIN A PATHETIC DUCHE BAG...HE DON'T GET THAT DESPITE HOW OTHERS ACT, HOW YOU YOURSELF ACTS DEFINES YOU.</P>

Goes ONLINE to a GIANTS message board, and picks fights with people HE'S NEVER MET, REPEATADLY.</P>

I would say somethin about your avatar and make fun of that kid bein so unfortunate for having a ****** as a relative or even go as far to say as the child looks like a moron, but I won't. I'll just simply tell you, please refrain from starting online fights. it really makes u look PATHETIC</P>

</P>

Again, how am I picking a fight? You getting bent out of shape and crying like a little girl over someone disagreeing with you is not ME starting a fight. I have an opinion and I express it. It's how this board is SUPPOSE to work.</P>

Bringing my son into the fray would get your head kicked in face to face...a-hole.</P>

giantsfan420
05-15-2009, 04:02 PM
you "fixed my post" than when I confronted your personal attack and callin me lame, you called me an overstenstive little girl. In that order too, I already reported you bc i take offense to online predators tryin to pick fights. u tell me that i have to have others agree with me, yet YOU changed MY post to fit YOUR opinion. Hypocritical? You bet.</P>

good luck with whatever it is u find happiness in, and I really hope its not pickin online mb fights, but with this latest pathetic display, i really cant say i put it past u</P>

</P>

FBomb
05-15-2009, 04:03 PM
you "fixed my post" than when I confronted your personal attack and callin me lame, you called me an overstenstive little girl. In that order too, I already reported you bc i take offense to online predators tryin to pick fights. u tell me that i have to have others agree with me, yet YOU changed MY post to fit YOUR opinion. Hypocritical? You bet.</P>

good luck with whatever it is u find happiness in, and I really hope its not pickin online mb fights, but with this latest pathetic display, i really cant say i put it past u</P>

</P>

</P>

Yeah, I did.........it's called a joke. You're an over sensitive little girl for getting so bent out of shape over a joke.</P>

As far as reporting me, I hope the mods read the transcripot and scratch thier heads over what it is you are so deeply upset by.</P>

giantsfan420
05-15-2009, 04:05 PM

</P>

fixed it for ya!</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I would say somethin about your avatar and make fun of that kid bein so unfortunate for having a ****** as a relative or even go as far to say as the child looks like a moron, but I won't. I'll just simply tell you, please refrain from starting online fights. it really makes u look PATHETIC</P>

</P>

Again, how am I picking a fight? You getting bent out of shape and crying like a little girl over someone disagreeing with you is not ME starting a fight. I have an opinion and I express it. It's how this board is SUPPOSE to work.</P>

Bringing my son into the fray would get your head kicked in face to face...a-hole.</P>

</P>

judgin by how u pick online fights, i can safely deduct that you in FACT could not kick ANYONE's face in. And sounds to me, your the one cryin. im simply statin a forum rule to u, no startin online fights. dang get a life man with all respect, go chill wit ur son if he can stand you, go do somethin like for real. ur just wastin ur time</P>

giantsfan420
05-15-2009, 04:06 PM

</P>

</P>

Yeah, I did.........it's called a joke. You're and over sensitive little girl for getting so bent out of shape over a joke.</P>

As far as reporting me, I hope the mods read the transcripot and scratch thier heads over what it is you are so deeply upset by.</P>

</P>

u change my posts to lame, then tell me u fixed it. when i ask u what that is about, u right away called me an oversensitve little girl. </P>

you violated several rules and to be honest, people who need to instigate others into a fight NEED to be removed from here. diff opinions and all, check my posts. i usually do not get into with people bc of there opinion, but bc of there attitude. u, are a jerk. at least ur comin off as one. peace</P>

FBomb
05-15-2009, 04:07 PM

</P>

fixed it for ya!</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

judgin by how u pick online fights, i can safely deduct that you in FACT could not kick ANYONE's face in. And sounds to me, your the one cryin. im simply statin a forum rule to u, no startin online fights. dang get a life man with all respect, go chill wit ur son if he can stand you, go do somethin like for real. ur just wastin ur time</P>

</P>

Again, the only one trying to pick a fight is you. I made a joke and you got bent out of shape, nothing more. </P>

Bringing my son into the arguement makes you a loser. </P>

giantsfan420
05-15-2009, 04:09 PM

</P>

fixed it for ya!</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Again, the only one trying to pick a fight is me. I made a joke and insulted you, you got bent out of shape, nothing more. </P>

Bringing my son into the arguement makes me a loser. </P>

</P>

fixed it</P>

FBomb
05-15-2009, 04:09 PM

</P>

</P>

Yeah, I did.........it's called a joke. You're and over sensitive little girl for getting so bent out of shape over a joke.</P>

</P>

u change my posts to lame, then tell me u fixed it. when i ask u what that is about, u right away called me an oversensitve little girl. </P>

you violated several rules and to be honest, people who need to instigate others into a fight NEED to be removed from here. diff opinions and all, check my posts. i usually do not get into with people bc of there opinion, but bc of there attitude. u, are a jerk. at least ur comin off as one. peace</P>

</P>

The only one coming off like a jerk is you. Everyone else knows it's a joke, but you can't seem to grasp that concept. It goes along with your desire to have people who disagree withyou removed.</P>

FBomb
05-15-2009, 04:10 PM

</P>

fixed it for ya!</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Again, the only one trying to pick a fight is me. I made a joke and insulted you, you got bent out of shape, nothing more. </P>

Bringing my son into the arguement makes me a loser. </P>

</P>

fixed it</P>

</P>

Still lame.</P>

illmaticzeke
05-15-2009, 04:10 PM
This is awesome, Im lovin this!!!!

FBomb
05-15-2009, 04:12 PM
This is awesome, Im lovin this!!!!
</P>

It's like arguing with a wall.</P>

RoanokeFan
05-15-2009, 04:15 PM

I wasn't going to comment but I can always win the lottery lol

giantsfan420
05-15-2009, 04:19 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

The only one coming off like a jerk is you. Everyone else knows it's a joke, but you can't seem to grasp that concept. It goes along with your desire to have people who disagree withyou removed.</P>

</P>

you might be the biggest hypocrite i've ever known. your tellin me i want all other opinions to agree with me...yet, when I, and i repeat, I, get offended by a stranger callin me an oversenstive little girl an my fav team mb, YOU tell ME what I can and can't feel. YOUR tellin me I'M wrong bc I felt insulted.</P>

sounds like really, maybe your the one on a power trip.</P>

FBomb
05-15-2009, 04:21 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

you might be the biggest hypocrite i've ever known. your tellin me i want all other opinions to agree with me...yet, when I, and i repeat, I, get offended by a stranger callin me an oversenstive little girl an my fav team mb, YOU tell ME what I can and can't feel. YOUR tellin me I'M wrong bc I felt insulted.</P>

</P>

Not only are yopu over sensitive, but it appears you're not very bright either.</P>

I never said you couldn't feel that way, I said it makes you over sensitive. You can be as over sensitive as you want. The more you act offended, the funnier the thread.</P>

FBomb
05-15-2009, 04:24 PM

I wasn't going to comment but I can always win the lottery lol
</P>

Your chances may be better!</P>

giantsfan420
05-15-2009, 04:24 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Not only are yopu over sensitive, but it appears you're not very bright either.</P>

I never said you couldn't feel that way, I said it makes you over sensitive. You can be as over sensitive as you want. The more you act offended, the funnier the thread.</P>

</P>

right. now u completely are changin what u said. but its cool. know what, i'll go there, i hope your son gets...wait nevermind, I don't want to aids you in fighting. ok, im oversensitive. cool. good luck, and lets go giants</P>

by the way u prob are divorced too huh</P>

FBomb
05-15-2009, 04:26 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

right. now u completely are changin what u said. but its cool. know what, i'll go there, i hope your son gets...wait nevermind, I don't want to aids you in fighting. ok, im oversensitive. cool. good luck, and lets go giants</P>

by the way u prob are divorced too huh</P>

</P>

I haven't changed anything, you have reading comprehnsion issues.</P>

Again, bringing my son into this is what a low-life, and unintelligent poster would do.</P>

Stadium Traffic
05-15-2009, 04:30 PM

If Pierce has a pro bowl season it means that 31 other starting MLB's went down in week one, and even then I think your money would be safe-

Die-Hard
05-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Seriously.....why is this neccessary? Is it really so difficult to ignore someone? You're each getting a day off to cool down. Next time, it's going to be considerably longer.