PDA

View Full Version : michael vick

DeusExGiants
05-20-2009, 02:54 PM
i personally do not want him back in the nfl it sets a bad example for the younger generations

DrtyJrze
05-20-2009, 02:58 PM
and this is Giants related how???

DavenIII
05-20-2009, 02:59 PM
i personally do not want him back in the nfl it sets a bad example for the younger generations

I think he's served his time, and as long as he shows remorse and a willingness to HELP the community in the future his story can be a good one...in the long run.

It can show people (kids) who have already made bad decisions...that you can get a second chance, that one bad choice is not the end of your life.

AARON ROSS = OUR FUTURE
05-20-2009, 03:07 PM
lenord little killed a women, dante stallworth killed a man. Both drunk driving. What vick did is not remotely close to what these two did.

UmenYiourAnIdiot
05-20-2009, 03:08 PM
he deserves to have his arms tied behind his back and be thrown in a ring to help train a psychotic megalomaniac prize-fighter (whose best-friend in a pit-bull pup) how to attack his opponent.

DavenIII
he deserves to have his arms tied behind his back and be thrown in a ring to help train a psychotic megalomaniac prize-fighter (whose best-friend in a pit-bull pup) how to attack his opponent.

seriously?
come on, I have had dogs all my life and loved them to...but come on.

Cuban Pete
he deserves to have his arms tied behind his back and be thrown in a ring to help train a psychotic megalomaniac prize-fighter (whose best-friend in a pit-bull pup)* how to attack his opponent.

dude you have the best name on this forum hands down.

lawl
05-20-2009, 03:14 PM
[:'(]

bandwgn86
05-20-2009, 03:22 PM
He's a P.o.S. but did his time.. so he should get another shot.. more than likely it will be in the CFL though..

Pakman
05-20-2009, 03:37 PM

I think he's served his time, and as long as he shows remorse and a willingness to HELP the community in the future his story can be a good one...in the long run.

It can show people (kids) who have already made bad decisions...that you can get a second chance, that one bad choice is not the end of your life.
</P>

</P>

Thank you he served his time he paid for his punishment...people need to let it go</P>

</P>

I didnt see anyone complaing about the farmer shooting 100 dogs...</P>

napier23
05-20-2009, 03:43 PM
lenord little killed a women, dante stallworth killed a man. Both drunk driving. What vick did is not remotely close to what these two did.</P>

While there is no excuse for drunk driving, Im pretty sure none of them intended on killing anyone when they went out that night.</P>

Im pretty sure Vick knew what was going on when he suffocated, electricuited, shot, and killed these dogs by simply picking them up and slaming them into the ground over and over again. Mans best friend? Anyway I wouldnt mind seeing some of those dogs let loose on him, but he served his time, and in our society we give second chances, like it or not the legal system has ran its course.. .</P>

DavenIII
05-20-2009, 03:47 PM
lenord little killed a women, dante stallworth killed a man. Both drunk driving. What vick did is not remotely close to what these two did.</p>

While there is no excuse for drunk driving, Im pretty sure none of them intended on killing anyone when they went out that night.</p>

Im pretty sure Vick knew what was going on when he suffocated, electricuited, shot, and killed these dogs by simply picking them up and slaming them into the ground over and over again. Mans best friend? Anyway I wouldnt mind seeing some of those dogs let loose on him, but he served his time, and in our society we give second chances, like it or not the legal system has ran its course.. .</p>

That is a fair assessment of the situation, from someone whose views differ from mine own, nice to see that.

Cuban Pete
05-20-2009, 03:49 PM
lenord little killed a women, dante stallworth killed a man. Both drunk driving. What vick did is not remotely close to what these two did.</p>

While there is no excuse for drunk driving, Im pretty sure none of them intended on killing anyone when they went out that night.</p>

Im pretty sure Vick knew what was going on when he suffocated, electricuited, shot, and killed these dogs by simply picking them up and slaming them into the ground over and over again. Mans best friend? Anyway I wouldnt mind seeing some of those dogs let loose on him, but he served his time, and in our society we give second chances, like it or not the legal system has ran its course.. .</p>

That is a fair assessment of the situation, from someone whose views differ from mine own, nice to see that.

two mike vick threads at once dave? multi talented i see...

Bleu
05-20-2009, 03:51 PM
lenord little killed a women, dante stallworth killed a man. Both drunk driving. What vick did is not remotely close to what these two did.

Pretty much.

DavenIII
05-20-2009, 03:54 PM

or bored at work [:P]

derekunion28
05-20-2009, 03:58 PM
he served his time if he can compete let him

Cuban Pete
05-20-2009, 03:59 PM

or bored at work [:P]

haha i hear you bro that makes two of us.

napier23
05-20-2009, 04:04 PM
lenord little killed a women, dante stallworth killed a man. Both drunk driving. What vick did is not remotely close to what these two did.</P>

While there is no excuse for drunk driving, Im pretty sure none of them intended on killing anyone when they went out that night.</P>

Im pretty sure Vick knew what was going on when he suffocated, electricuited, shot, and killed these dogs by simply picking them up and slaming them into the ground over and over again. Mans best friend? Anyway I wouldnt mind seeing some of those dogs let loose on him, but he served his time, and in our society we give second chances, like it or not the legal system has ran its course.. .</P>

</P>

THANK YOU</P>

spair
05-20-2009, 04:14 PM

That's exactly how I feel. I actual took what Vick did very personally considering I have a Pit Bull and I love dogs. But over time one must realize we all make mistake some worse then others.. Vick served him time.. so it's time to move on.

spair
05-20-2009, 04:27 PM

</p>

</p>

Thank you he served his time he paid for his punishment...people need to let it go</p>

</p>

I didnt see anyone complaing about the farmer shooting 100 dogs...</p>

Hmm.. I didn't know about this farmer..now that I do... hope he burns in hell.

sharick88
05-20-2009, 04:27 PM

</P>

</P>

Thank you he served his time he paid for his punishment...people need to let it go</P>

</P>

</P>

Yeah tell me about. Whether people want to admit it or not, race is definitely an issue in this matter. It's hard enough for the black QB in the NFL. They are already demanded to do more as it is. No excuse, but this is part of some people's thinking. And then when one of the high profile ones gets into trouble, does his time, and shows remorse, people still don't want to give him a second chance. Itis pathetic. If Peyton Manning did the same thing, he'd be welcomed back with open arms. Just looking at it from a different angle. And this angle is certainly debatable</P>

RagTime Blue
05-20-2009, 04:36 PM

Fully.

If he was fighting alligators, nobody would've cared. But because it's dogs, some people think he should be electrocuted. He did his time. People need to get a grip.

napier23
05-20-2009, 04:37 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Yeah tell me about. Whether people want to admit it or not, race is definitely an issue in this matter. It's hard enough for the black QB in the NFL. They are already demanded to do more as it is. No excuse, but this is part of some people's thinking. And then when one of the high profile ones gets into trouble, does his time, and shows remorse, people still don't want to give him a second chance. Itis pathetic. <FONT color=#ff0000>If Peyton Manning did the same thing, he'd be welcomed back with open arms. Just looking at it from a different angle.</FONT> And this angle is certainly debatable</P>

</P>

Sports are the one place the playing field is consistantly level, If you can win for an organization, they wont care if your purple, </P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>the differance is Peyton Manning wouldnt be caught with in 1000 yards of a puppy murder. LOL</FONT></P>

DavenIII
05-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Yeah tell me about. Whether people want to admit it or not, race is definitely an issue in this matter.</p>

Completely disagree.
</p>

It's hard enough for the black QB in the NFL. They are already demanded to do more as it is.</p>

No they aren't
</p>

No excuse, but this is part of some people's thinking.</p>

Maybe a minor part of society, but I believe our President shows that this simply is not the case anymore.
</p>

And then when one of the high profile ones gets into trouble, does his time, and shows remorse, people still don't want to give him a second chance. Itis pathetic. If Peyton Manning did the same thing, he'd be welcomed back with open arms.</p>

I seriously seriously doubt that.
</p>

</p>

Just looking at it from a different angle. And this angle is certainly debatable</p>

No, I don't think it is debatable, there is an angle with FAME and being made an example out of because of it, but there is no room for the race card in this discussion...no backing for it what so ever.
</p>

napier23
05-20-2009, 04:44 PM

Fully.

<FONT color=#ff0000>If he was fighting alligators, nobody would've cared.</FONT> But because it's dogs, some people think he should be electrocuted. He did his time. People need to get a grip.
</P>

Not sure if thats illegal, do you know anyone with alliagtors. I know they belong in the wild and dogs are residential. If one of those trained killers got loose and ate someones kid it wouldnt be funny. Anyway I agree, like it or not the legal system has run its course, and we give second chances in our society, so people need to realize that.</P>

little blue
05-20-2009, 04:47 PM
He did the crime &amp; he did his time he'll be back on the field soon.

sharick88
05-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Yeah tell me about. Whether people want to admit it or not, race is definitely an issue in this matter.</P>

Completely disagree.
</P>

It's hard enough for the black QB in the NFL. They are already demanded to do more as it is.</P>

No they aren't
</P>

No excuse, but this is part of some people's thinking.</P>

Maybe a minor part of society, but I believe our President shows that this simply is not the case anymore.
</P>

And then when one of the high profile ones gets into trouble, does his time, and shows remorse, people still don't want to give him a second chance. Itis pathetic. If Peyton Manning did the same thing, he'd be welcomed back with open arms.</P>

I seriously seriously doubt that.
</P>

</P>

Just looking at it from a different angle. And this angle is certainly debatable</P>

No, I don't think it is debatable, there is an angle with FAME and being made an example out of because of it, but there is no room for the race card in this discussion...no backing for it what so ever.
</P>

</P>

I'm not blaming the race card. Just bringing it up as a topic. And yes there is room for it. I know it's a sensitive deal, but I really don't mind talking about it. </P>

pigment blue
05-20-2009, 04:55 PM

</P>

*</P>

*</P>

I never heard that story. What's that about?

DavenIII
05-20-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm not blaming the race card. Just bringing it up as a topic. And yes there is room for it. I know it's a sensitive deal, but I really don't mind talking about it. </p>

I've never been one to shy away from a sensitive topic, I really just don't see any possible way that it correlates to this situation.

Wanna play it from the otherside? This roony rule is ridiculous imho, and the fact that they are trying to swing it for GM's is a horrible Idea...these teams are privately owned and I'm sorry...I find it VERY hard to believe with the success of Black Coaches in the league over the last few years (tomlin anyone?) that any owner in his right mind would allow a coachs skin color to effect his decision on whats best for his own team.

It's borderline reverse racism.

Pakman
05-20-2009, 04:57 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Yeah tell me about. Whether people want to admit it or not, race is definitely an issue in this matter. It's hard enough for the black QB in the NFL. They are already demanded to do more as it is. No excuse, but this is part of some people's thinking. And then when one of the high profile ones gets into trouble, does his time, and shows remorse, people still don't want to give him a second chance. Itis pathetic. <FONT size=4>If Peyton Manning did the same thing</FONT>, he'd be welcomed back with open arms. Just looking at it from a different angle. And this angle is certainly debatable</P>

</P>

</P>

Jadakiss?</P>

sharick88
05-20-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm not blaming the race card. Just bringing it up as a topic. And yes there is room for it. I know it's a sensitive deal, but I really don't mind talking about it. </P>

I've never been one to shy away from a sensitive topic, I really just don't see any possible way that it correlates to this situation.

Wanna play it from the otherside? This roony rule is ridiculous imho, and the fact that they are trying to swing it for GM's is a horrible Idea...these teams are privately owned and I'm sorry...I find it VERY hard to believe with the success of Black Coaches in the league over the last few years (tomlin anyone?) that any owner in his right mind would allow a coachs skin color to effect his decision on whats best for his own team.

It's borderline reverse racism.
</P>

I know you're not. I've read your posts and respect that you don't back down from your takes. And yes I do think the Rooney rule is stupid also. Most of the owners already know who they want to hire. If I were a minority coach who got interviewed just to cover an owner's ***, I'd be offended because I didn't get a fair shake in the process. Anyways, I just think that people do take race into consideration when it comes to Vick. ****, he even had to cut his hair before he went to court because he was perceived as a thug since he had cornrows.</P>

sharick88
05-20-2009, 05:03 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Yeah tell me about. Whether people want to admit it or not, race is definitely an issue in this matter. It's hard enough for the black QB in the NFL. They are already demanded to do more as it is. No excuse, but this is part of some people's thinking. And then when one of the high profile ones gets into trouble, does his time, and shows remorse, people still don't want to give him a second chance. Itis pathetic. <FONT size=4>If Peyton Manning did the same thing</FONT>, he'd be welcomed back with open arms. Just looking at it from a different angle. And this angle is certainly debatable</P>

</P>

</P>

Jadakiss?</P>

</P>

LOL</P>

DavenIII
05-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Anyways, I just think that people do take race into consideration when it comes to Vick. </p>

I'm sure some do, they ALWAYS will, because that's just how life is, people have their own views no matter how F'ed up they are, but I believe its clear at this point in time, that those people are a small minority.
</p>

****, he even had to cut his hair before he went to court because he was perceived as a thug since he had cornrows.</p>

I have to shave to go to work...can't walk around with a hawt Goatee, AM I BEING DISCRIMINATED AGAINST!!!!

[:P]

napier23
05-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Anyways, I just think that people do take race into consideration when it comes to Vick. </P>

I'm sure some do, they ALWAYS will, because that's just how life is, people have their own views no matter how F'ed up they are, but I believe its clear at this point in time, that those people are a small minority.
</P>

****, he even had to cut his hair before he went to court because he was perceived as a thug since he had cornrows.</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>I have to shave to go to work...can't walk around with a hawt Goatee, AM I BEING DISCRIMINATED AGAINST!!!!
</FONT>
[:P]
</P>

I hate rules like that, Im very attached to my beard, and its always well groomed, but every job I interview for says nothing below the uper lip, like who the heck wants to rock a mustash? What am I a 70's porn star? That looks less appropriate to me. Jobs shouldnt care about hair cuts, facial hair, earings ect, as long as its done tastefully, you can have all those things and still look clean cut</P>

NyG718
05-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Let me start off by saying I myselfam a dog owner, and ive had pitbulls and seen fights.As a person growin up in the pjz in brooklyn this is the kind of culture people of minoritie as me are exposed 2, and it is what we grow up around.Now im not justifying what he did, because its honestly horrible.But to deny him of a second chance is not the answer.I think that without a doubt, this man has payed his debt to society.And he does deserve a second shot and will most likely get it, but it is up 2 Micheal Vick to take it and redeem himself.</P>

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/CECEDAVIS23/FV.jpg</P>

DavenIII
05-20-2009, 05:17 PM
I hate rules like that, Im very attached to my beard, and its always well groomed, but every job I interview for says nothing below the uper lip, like who the heck wants to rock a mustash? What am I a 70's porn star? That looks less appropriate to me. Jobs shouldnt care about hair cuts, facial hair, earings ect, as long as its done tastefully, you can have all those things and still look clean cut

While I completely agree with you, the fact is I work for a Private Company, so what I think only matters as much as the owner cares about it...that's just how the world works...so that Vick had to cut his hair...yeah sorry, but its not as big a travesty to me as some would like it to be.

napier23
05-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Let me start off by saying I myselfam a dog owner, and ive had pitbulls and seen fights.<FONT color=#0000ff>As a person growin up in the pjz in brooklyn this is the kind of culture people of minoritie as me are exposed 2, and it is what we grow up around.</FONT>Now im not justifying what he did, because its honestly horrible.But to deny him of a second chance is not the answer.I think that without a doubt, this man has payed his debt to society.And he does deserve a second shot and will most likely get it,<FONT color=#ff0000> but it is up 2 Micheal Vick to take it and redeem himself</FONT>.</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>I think people do realize that, its not like he attended one, he ran and financed it, its a bit differant</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff></FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>True, its up to him now, what he says, and his actions should match up, thats accountability.</FONT></P>

napier23
05-20-2009, 05:26 PM
I hate rules like that, Im very attached to my beard, and its always well groomed, but every job I interview for says nothing below the uper lip, like who the heck wants to rock a mustash? What am I a 70's porn star? That looks less appropriate to me. Jobs shouldnt care about hair cuts, facial hair, earings ect, as long as its done tastefully, you can have all those things and still look clean cut

While I completely agree with you, the fact is I work for a Private Company, so what I think only matters as much as the owner cares about it...that's just how the world works...so that Vick had to cut his hair...yeah sorry, but its not as big a travesty to me as some would like it to be.
</P>

I agree, just dont like the fact that if i want to provide a good living for my family I have to go through life without a beard I truly prefer</P>

DavenIII
05-20-2009, 05:28 PM
I agree, just dont like the fact that if i want to provide a good living for my family I have to go through life without a beard I truly prefer</p>

well I mean, you do have the option to start your OWN business...it's not like you are being forced against your will to work for a company that has that rule.

NyG718
05-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Let me start off by saying I myselfam a dog owner, and ive had pitbulls and seen fights.<FONT color=#0000ff>As a person growin up in the pjz in brooklyn this is the kind of culture people of minoritie as me are exposed 2, and it is what we grow up around.</FONT>Now im not justifying what he did, because its honestly horrible.But to deny him of a second chance is not the answer.I think that without a doubt, this man has payed his debt to society.And he does deserve a second shot and will most likely get it,<FONT color=#ff0000> but it is up 2 Micheal Vick to take it and redeem himself</FONT>.</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>I think people do realize that, its not like he attended one, he ran and financed it, its a bit differant</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff></FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>True, its up to him now, what he says, and his actions should match up, thats accountability.</FONT></P>

And i do understand thats y i said it really was horrible, i honestly hate him for that fact.But i love the guy, AS AN ATHLETE.I think he has served his time.I debated for awhile whether he was wrong or if i would forgive him.And i still honestly havent, all i have 2 do is look at this picture and i juss cant forgive him.</P>

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/borilindo718/untitled.jpg</P>

DavenIII
05-20-2009, 05:33 PM
&lt;---Completely desensitized to pictures, the internet did that to me.

pigment blue
05-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Let me start off by saying I myself*am a dog owner, and ive had pitbulls and seen fights.As a person growin up in the pjz in brooklyn this is the kind of culture people of minoritie as me are exposed 2, and it is what we grow up around.Now im not justifying what he did, because its honestly horrible.But to deny him of a second chance is not the answer.I think that without a doubt, this man has payed his debt to society.And he does deserve a second shot and will most likely get it, but it is up 2 Micheal Vick to take it and* redeem himself.</P>

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/CECEDAVIS23/FV.jpg</P>

You make a Good point about ones culture. I guess you have to take that into account.

JJC7301
05-20-2009, 05:36 PM
He paid his penalty. I don't see what he should be prevented from being reinstated in the NFL.

NyG718
05-20-2009, 05:40 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Yeah tell me about. Whether people want to admit it or not, race is definitely an issue in this matter. It's hard enough for the black QB in the NFL. They are already demanded to do more as it is. No excuse, but this is part of some people's thinking. And then when one of the high profile ones gets into trouble, does his time, and shows remorse, people still don't want to give him a second chance. Itis pathetic. If Peyton Manning did the same thing, he'd be welcomed back with open arms. Just looking at it from a different angle. And this angle is certainly debatable</P>This is definitely about race.Not only is he being tageted because he is black.Look at it this way, theyre having a media field day because hes a black man that excels in a position predominately played by a white man, QB.And he was the highest payed player at that position and in the league at the time.

DavenIII
05-20-2009, 05:44 PM
This is definitely about race.Not only is he being tageted because he is black.Look at it this way, theyre having a media field day because hes a black man that excels in a position predominately played by a white man, QB.And he was the highest payed player at that position and in the league at the time.

Oh come on are you guys being serious?

he's famous, that's the reason the medias on him, no other reason.

Black QB's are very successful already. McNabb/Warren Moon/Jason Cambell heck isn't JaMarcus Russell one of the highest paid QB's in the league?

anyone trying to play the race card on this issue is simply mistaken.

NyG718
05-20-2009, 05:46 PM
This is definitely about race.Not only is he being tageted because he is black.Look at it this way, theyre having a media field day because hes a black man that excels in a position predominately played by a white man, QB.And he was the highest payed player at that position and in the league at the time.

Oh come on are you guys being serious?

he's famous, that's the reason the medias on him, no other reason.

Black QB's are very successful already. McNabb/Warren Moon/Jason Cambell heck isn't JaMarcus Russell one of the highest paid QB's in the league?

anyone trying to play the race card on this issue is simply mistaken.
Im not sayin it is all about the race, but it does come into account.And juss cause now u see more black qbs doesnt mean people arent still racist, count how many black qbs are starting and how many white guys are starting, u do the math.

DavenIII
05-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Im not sayin it is all about the race, but it does come into account.And juss cause now u see more black qbs doesnt mean people arent still racist, count how many black qbs are starting and how many white guys are starting, u do the math.

DUDE we have a black man as president!

I simply do not understand your current mentality... when is it enough?

people will ALWAYS be racist...its human nature, just as many people hate blacks for no reason, so do foreigners hate Americans for no reason, so do some blacks hate whites for no reason.

it is impossible to COMPLETELY get rid of racism...but I think, at this point, at least in america, its proven that its a VERY SMALL minority that thinks that way.

NyG718
05-20-2009, 05:57 PM

people will ALWAYS be racist...its human nature, just as many people hate blacks for no reason, so do foreigners hate Americans for no reason, so do some blacks hate whites for no reason.

it is impossible to COMPLETELY get rid of racism...but I think, at this point, at least in america, its proven that its a VERY SMALL minority that thinks that way.
Dude what does the president being black have nething to do with it.Im saying that in sports, in the national football league that the position of quarter back has been predominately played by the white man since football started, that is not an opinion it is a fact.I dont want to talk about all dat other irrelivant political mumbo jumbo, im am simply stating facts.

peerless
05-20-2009, 05:58 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Yeah tell me about. Whether people want to admit it or not, race is definitely an issue in this matter. It's hard enough for the black QB in the NFL. They are already demanded to do more as it is. No excuse, but this is part of some people's thinking. And then when one of the high profile ones gets into trouble, does his time, and shows remorse, people still don't want to give him a second chance. Itis pathetic. If Peyton Manning did the same thing, he'd be welcomed back with open arms. Just looking at it from a different angle. And this angle is certainly debatable</P>

</P>

everything always has to be about race dosent it....build a bridge and get over it</P>

</P>

if there was even the slightest bite of racism here sharpton would have been all over it like he always is.....part of the reason racism still exist is because every time something dosent go someones way we scream racisim.....if you think for a second if peyton did it he wouldnt have had the same punishment your crazy out of your mind......</P>

</P>

and i think vick should be letback in he lost everything millions and millions and went to jail.....if somebody of low income did this they would not be millions of $s in the hole....he paid his price 3 times over</P>

GiantsWinAlltime
05-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Oh please. He should have another chance.

peerless
05-20-2009, 06:05 PM

Dude what does the president being black have nething to do with it.Im saying that in sports, in the national football league that the position of quarter back has been predominately played by the white man since football started, that is not an opinion it is a fact.I dont want to talk about all dat other irrelivant political mumbo jumbo, im am simply stating facts.</P>

and whats your point so what they have been mostly white??? 99% of DBs and WRs are black....i dont see your point......maybe they are expected to do more cuz there are so few great black nfl qbs over the years....maybe because its fact that they bust more then boom</P>

DavenIII
05-20-2009, 06:09 PM
Dude what does the president being black have nething to do with it.

It shows that the MAJORITY (since thats what it takes to elect a president) of this country (by an overwhelming margin no less) is NOT racist.

Im saying that in sports, in the national football league that the position of quarter back has been predominately played by the white man since football started, that is not an opinion it is a fact.

I'm not arguing whether HISTORICALLY people in america were racist or not, I'm talking about NOW, you are saying that RIGHT NOW Race has alot to do or something to do with the way Vick is being treated...I'm telling you, besides a small minority of people whom which will NEVER change...you are wrong...overall for america, this has nothing to do with race at all...it's got to do with a famous nfl QB involved with dog fighting period end of story.

I dont want to talk about all dat other irrelivant political mumbo jumbo, im am simply stating facts.

but it's not irrelivant at all, you are talking about the here and now in present day America were, Racism is not a common thing....and I'm using our President as PROOF of that being true.

NyG718
05-20-2009, 06:12 PM

Dude what does the president being black have nething to do with it.Im saying that in sports, in the national football league that the position of quarter back has been predominately played by the white man since football started, that is not an opinion it is a fact.I dont want to talk about all dat other irrelivant political mumbo jumbo, im am simply stating facts.</P>

and whats your point so what they have been mostly white??? 99% of DBs and WRs are black....i dont see your point......maybe they are expected to do more cuz there are so few great black nfl qbs over the years....maybe because its fact that they bust more then boom</P>That has nothing to do with anything i was sayin were not talking about wr and db's, again i will explain in lamen terms for those who arent quite comprehended what i was saying yet.WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MIKE VICK, HE IS BEING BADGERED MORE THAN NE ONE ELSE WOULD BECAUSE HE IS A BLACK QB, NOTSOLEY BECAUSE HE IS A BLACK QB BUT IT DOES PLAY A PART IN THIS.

Giants Of New Jersey
05-20-2009, 06:13 PM
LT was a model citizen also lol

pjam84
05-20-2009, 06:14 PM
i think michael vick is a p.o.s. and should still be in jail. that said, now that he's out, you have to let him come back in the league. this is what the guy knows how to do, and you can't prevent him making a living doing something completely legal. as far as the law is concerned, he paid his due.

on the other hand, he has screwed up so many times as far as the league is concerned. flicking off fans, the marijuana at the airport (neither a big deal to me, but shows his stupidity), and then the dog fighting. the way goodell is cracking down on players, it would only seem right for vick to get at least an 8 game suspension if not a 1 year suspension.....the problem i have with that however is that he's been in jail for the past couple seasons which could constitute for a suspension. in this league, careers are very short lived. the guy isn't getting any younger, and his days of being able to compete at an nfl level are numbered. being that he's out of jail, i think he deserves a shot to make some money with whatever is left of his football career. we all know he could use some money after all these legal and financial issues stemming from murdering dogs.

this is just my point of view on the situation as an objective outsider. personally i don't care what happens to the guy. he could get eatin by a shark for all i care, he's a sick f***

NyG718
05-20-2009, 06:24 PM
I juss still cant look at Vick and not think about the horrors he financed and kept in his home.</P>

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/borilindo718/untitled.jpg</P>

Superbowl42Champs
05-20-2009, 06:30 PM

We slaughter cows, pigs and chickens everyday so we can eat and you want to compare human life to animal life?

Seriously?

Vick took responsibility and paid his due. He didn't commit murder of a family member who will be sorely missed by loved ones. He killed some dogs that no one on this board can name.

I love dogs and do not agree with what he did but to compare human life to animal life is the most ridiculous thing to even be typed by someone.

Edit: I was mad when I typed this so sorry, but my point is you want to see harm done to Vick because of the dog fighting ring.

Maybe those guys did't intend to drink and drive but they CHOSE to do it anyway and now unlike Vick they will probably serve less or no jail time then Vick.

Thats ok with you?

DavenIII
05-20-2009, 06:38 PM
WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MIKE VICK, HE IS BEING BADGERED MORE THAN NE ONE ELSE WOULD BECAUSE HE IS A BLACK QB, NOTSOLEY BECAUSE HE IS A BLACK QB BUT IT DOES PLAY A PART IN THIS.

And I'm saying BULL****.

I'm saying we are talking about Mike Vick, and that he is being Badgered more then anyone else because he's a FAMOUS NFL QB that was part of a dog fighting ring and that if it was Peyton Manning the reaction would be almost identical.

Jiffy Jeff
05-20-2009, 06:40 PM
WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MIKE VICK, HE IS BEING BADGERED MORE THAN NE ONE ELSE WOULD BECAUSE HE IS A BLACK QB, NOTSOLEY BECAUSE HE IS A BLACK QB BUT IT DOES PLAY A PART IN THIS.

And I'm saying BULL****.

I'm saying we are talking about Mike Vick, and that he is being Badgered more then anyone else because he's a FAMOUS NFL QB that was part of a dog fighting ring and that if it was Peyton Manning the reaction would be almost identical.
</P>

</P>

</P>

For real.</P>

Superbowl42Champs
05-20-2009, 06:40 PM

And I'm saying BULL****.

Exactly

Race is not a factor in this.

Jiffy Jeff
05-20-2009, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't doubt that one of those PETA freaks will bejumping out of a vanand spraying Vick in the facewith an Uzi somewhere in the near future......and I think I'd be fine with that. Sorry.......or at least they can electrocute him and remove his teeth.</P>

This is definitely in response to so many posts with people saying how "........it's horrible, but they're dogs, not humans........." Did you guys see the photos of these poor animals? </P>

I consider myself a compassionate person, and I'm sure most of you do as well, but I'm pretty appalled with some of these generalcomments. I'm no fruitcake vegetarian hypocrite hippie or whatever either, but there is absolutely no justification for the atrocities that Vick and his pals were responsible for. </P>

Indeed, everybody deserves a second chance, but I'll be steadfastly rooting against this Michael Vick from here on out.</P>

Mod_N
05-20-2009, 07:45 PM
This thread turned very political and the images are way too graphic for ANYBODY. Do NOT try to attempt this again.