PDA

View Full Version : What does plax,boss,cofield and s.smith have in common?

miked1958
01-01-2012, 10:06 PM
All of them left or didnt resign for greener pastures.
All of them are enjoying the off season.
Jets,raiders,skins and Philly all eliminated from playoff contention.
I guess the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
Giants still alive because of the late start. And looking decent so far

miked1958
01-02-2012, 07:35 AM
And the gmen move onto the playoffs as the players mentioned above go fishing

giantfanatic
01-02-2012, 08:44 AM
For anyone who thinks the Giants GM can't draft, all you need to do is look at how other teams covet our players.

BTW, Boss got hurt again yesterday - he does not have many concussions left.

miked1958
01-02-2012, 08:45 AM
For anyone who thinks the Giants GM can't draft, all you need to do is look at how other teams covet our players.

True. Was that on the TD pass he caught?

nygsb42champs
01-02-2012, 09:04 AM
They are all sitting home for the playoffs!!!!!

miked1958
01-02-2012, 09:09 AM
They are all sitting home for the playoffs!!!!!
Yep. Lol

Pakman
01-02-2012, 09:41 AM
It feels so good seeing Cruz just play on such a high level. All the *****ing about Stsve Smith..lol I love it

jomo
01-02-2012, 09:51 AM
All of them left or didnt resign for greener pastures. All of them are enjoying the off season. Jets,raiders,skins and Philly all eliminated from playoff contention. I guess the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Giants still alive because of the late start. And looking decent so farI have a totally different view on this one. Your comments are tinged with anger and vengence but miss the central point. The job of the GM is to assemble the best talent and to manage the salary cap. You make it sound like Smith should have passed up that money to stay with us for less. But would we have been a better team with Smith playing and Cruz sitting? People have to make the decision that is best for them and their families. Careers are short and if they can get more money they should. A GM needs to improve the roster every year. Everything is in flux, players age, some guys become too costly to keep (think Manningham this off season). Would we be better off with Boss for a healthy sum or Ballard for peanuts?</P>

So view all of this for what it is..............a business and accept that Jerry Reese did a pretty darn good job of balancing talent with the salary cap. Go Blue!</P>

OrangeGiant
01-02-2012, 09:54 AM
All of them left or didnt resign for greener pastures. All of them are enjoying the off season. Jets,raiders,skins and Philly all eliminated from playoff contention. I guess the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Giants still alive because of the late start. And looking decent so farI have a totally different view on this one. Your comments are tinged with anger and vengence but miss the central point. The job of the GM is to assemble the best talent and to manage the salary cap. You make it sound like Smith should have passed up that money to stay with us for less. But would we have been a better team with Smith playing and Cruz sitting? People have to make the decision that is best for them and their families. Careers are short and if they can get more money they should. A GM needs to improve the roster every year. Everything is in flux, players age, some guys become too costly to keep (think Manningham this off season). Would we be better off with Boss for a healthy sum or Ballard for peanuts?</P>

So view all of this for what it is..............a business and accept that Jerry Reese did a pretty darn good job of balancing talent with the salary cap. Go Blue!</P>

Good post.</P>

giantfanatic
01-02-2012, 09:59 AM
without ballard and cruz - eespecially cruz - we would be in off season mode.

Just keep lining up draft choices. Change in the NFL today can actually be good.

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 10:15 AM

What was the injury? Was it another concussion? If so, he needs to retire for the sake of his health.

I am happy that each of those guys were Giants -- they were ALL key contributors to a SB 42 victory.

It is a business and each individual, whether football player or not, has to make their own decisions for themselves. I can't blame Boss for taking double what the Giants offered; SS taking guaranteed money after such a severe injury. Same thing with Plax who is older and whose career is on the downside anyway. And Cofield, his 'Skins money was probably a lot more than the Giants could offer.

I can't blame any of these guys. Do the Falcs blame Boley; do the 'Boys blame Canty; do the Cards blame Rolle; do the 49ers blame Bass; do the Jets blame McKenzie?

giantfanatic
01-02-2012, 10:19 AM

What was the injury? Was it another concussion? If so, he needs to retire for the sake of his health.

I am happy that each of those guys were Giants -- they were ALL key contributors to a SB 42 victory.

It is a business and each individual, whether football player or not, has to make their own decisions for themselves. I can't blame Boss for taking double what the Giants offered; SS taking guaranteed money after such a severe injury. Same thing with Plax who is older and whose career is on the downside anyway. And Cofield, his 'Skins money was probably a lot more than the Giants could offer.

I can't blame any of these guys. Do the Falcs blame Boley; do the 'Boys blame Canty; do the Cards blame Rolle; do the 49ers blame Bass; do the Jets blame McKenzie?

I saw the TD catch - he fell backward banged his head grabbed it with both hands and did not move. Loved that guy, but I agree. Take the money and run.