PDA

View Full Version : Mike Vick and Giants?

Giants1nSb
05-21-2009, 08:06 AM
Ok ok ok dont bash me just a suggestion would you consider bringing in Vick for a wildcat formation i mean with no plax and a bunch of rookie wrs we will have to scheme way harder bring him in situationly and he can throw the ball i mean he was a quarterback he could be a huge addition in my eyes. Now just state your oppinions dont bash just tell me how you think it would work out</P>

buddy33
05-21-2009, 08:10 AM
NO

lamas
05-21-2009, 08:11 AM
NO

Joe Morrison
05-21-2009, 08:17 AM
NO</P>

NO</P>

HeatherP
05-21-2009, 08:17 AM
No way,Never! </P>

michaelkhan3
05-21-2009, 08:26 AM
I think he is a good player but we dont really need an other QB and wont have room in the roster for one but I think he will play again in the NFL witch will be a huge pain cause I'd hate to play Defence against him.

T.Rice57
05-21-2009, 08:34 AM
Ok ok ok dont bash me just a suggestion would you consider bringing in Vick for a wildcat formation i mean with no plax and a bunch of rookie wrs we will have to scheme way harder bring him in situationly and he can throw the ball i mean he was a quarterback he could be a huge addition in my eyes. Now just state your oppinions dont bash just tell me how you think it would work out</P>

</P>

Good lord.</P>

People, get off the bandwagon. The wildcat formation is not going to be nearly as successful as it was last year. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if everyone stopped using it, and stopped talking about it by seasons end. The only reason why it had any success last year is b/c nobody had ever seen it. Do we honestly think, after an entire offseason of studying it, DC's won't figure out a way to defend it?? Come on! Sure, the Pats got beat by it when they faced the dolphins for the first time, but does anyone remember what happened the second time they played? This formation, to me, is a joke. Nothing more than a"tweak" to the option. Coaches in the NFL will not be fooled this year. Write that down.</P>

Plus, the Giants don't need gimicks. Just give the ball to Jacobs, use play action, and spread the ball around in the passing game. BOOM! There's our recipe for success. </P>

listenup
05-21-2009, 08:34 AM
**** NO !!!

GMENAGAIN
05-21-2009, 08:42 AM

</P>

There is no way that this is a legitimate post. Beat it troll. </P>

Scoobie-Doo
05-21-2009, 08:43 AM
We just got rid of a future, more talented, inmate (Plax). So why would we want a rusty, older slower, inmate?

gshepherdnyg
05-21-2009, 08:48 AM
<FONT color=#0000ff size=6>**** NO</FONT>

Cuban Pete
05-21-2009, 09:07 AM
only if he was used as a tackle dummy for the d-line. tell me that wouldnt be amusing.

Jiffy Jeff
05-21-2009, 09:08 AM
SHUT UP AND GO AWAY.

thegreatone
05-21-2009, 09:50 AM
he's been outta football for 2 years? Trust me the guy is gonna suck wherever he goes.

MattMeyerBud
05-21-2009, 09:51 AM

nope

Jtuck
05-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Ok ok ok dont bash me just a suggestion would you consider bringing in Vick for a wildcat formation i mean with no plax and a bunch of rookie wrs we will have to scheme way harder bring him in situationly and he can throw the ball i mean he was a quarterback he could be a huge addition in my eyes. Now just state your oppinions dont bash just tell me how you think it would work out</p>

No. It would never happen! The G-men won't waste a roster spot just to bring in him for a few gimmick plays! Besides the Giants like traditional stiffs at the QB postition.

DavenIII
05-21-2009, 10:43 AM
I'd say no...even if he was a model citizen, I don't think we would have ANY use for a man of his talents on our team.

manning to shockey
05-21-2009, 10:45 AM
hahha this is a joke right. >>>>>>>>>>> NO

nakis
05-21-2009, 10:49 AM

I will bet the farm that you have already traded for Vick on Madden and you have the Giants run the wildcat with success and now you truely believe it will carry over to the real world.

bigblue4417
05-21-2009, 10:51 AM
I think the Falcons would take him before the Giants did.

YATittle1962
05-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Ok ok ok dont bash me just a suggestion would you consider bringing in Vick for a wildcat formation i mean with no plax and a bunch of rookie wrs we will have to scheme way harder bring him in situationly and he can throw the ball i mean he was a quarterback he could be a huge addition in my eyes. Now just state your oppinions dont bash just tell me how you think it would work out</p>

Vick will never be the player he once was.....

...it will be very hard to not only get back into game shape, but get his mind right for the game....

the Giants dont need that wildcat bullish........

being a Pitbull owner and lover....I hope he never plays the game again and has to live in debt for the rest of his ignorant life........he should continue to pay a grueling debt for his irresponsible heartless actions......

Giants1nSb
05-21-2009, 11:22 AM
listn u jack*** i just asked for your opinion vick has a lot of talent did not say go bring him in now i simply asked your thoughts on it

Giants1nSb
05-21-2009, 11:23 AM
listn u jack*** i just asked for your opinion vick has a lot of talent did not say go bring him in now i simply asked your thoughts on it</P>

</P>

that was to nakis</P>

BJacobs27
05-21-2009, 11:41 AM
vick has a lot of talent

Since when?

RoanokeFan
05-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Not just no, hell no!

Jint Fan 73
05-21-2009, 11:51 AM
2nd half of this clip is my answer

http://www.gotwavs.com/0085412111/MP3S/Movies/Office_Space/BLEEPnoman.mp3

LT= Lawrence Taylor
05-21-2009, 11:56 AM
NO

sharick88
05-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Hell no</P>

BabyBoy100
05-21-2009, 12:12 PM

</P>

</P>

R u havin a laugh</P>

[li]</P>

</P>

Chaosist
05-21-2009, 12:48 PM
No. </P>

Chaosist
05-21-2009, 12:57 PM
listn u jack*** i just asked for your opinion vick has a lot of talent did not say go bring him in now i simply asked your thoughts on it</P>

I can see you're relatively new to the boards, so I'll give you some advice. If you don't want to get flamed, don't start ridiculously idiotic threads. </P>

And no, Vick does not have a lot of talent. His only saving grace when he was in the NFL was that he could scramble and make something out of broken plays. I guess he had a strong arm, but with no accuracy to go with it.He has almost zero natural talent as a real QB. Add the fact that he's been out of the NFL for a few years, and even what littlehe had will have diminished greatly. Vick was overrated when he played in the NFL, and even moreso now.</P>

I'm sure he'll find a spot in the UFL or CFL this year. I doubt he'll find his way onto an NFL roster, at least an active roster.</P>

GiantSinceBirth78
05-21-2009, 01:05 PM

Jiffy Jeff
05-21-2009, 01:11 PM

I can see you're relatively new to the boards, so I'll give you some advice. If you don't want to get flamed, don't start ridiculously idiotic threads. </P>

And no, Vick does not have a lot of talent. His only saving grace when he was in the NFL was that he could scramble and make something out of broken plays. I guess he had a strong arm, but with no accuracy to go with it.He has almost zero natural talent as a real QB. Add the fact that he's been out of the NFL for a few years, and even what littlehe had will have diminished greatly. Vick was overrated when he played in the NFL, and even moreso now.</P>

I'm sure he'll find a spot in the UFL or CFL this year. I doubt he'll find his way onto an NFL roster, at least an active roster.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

LOL. Yeah, usually when the thread begins with " OK OK don't bash me here, but......" it's a safe bet that some bashing will ensue.</P>

1986Bavaro
05-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Woof!

buddy33
05-21-2009, 01:22 PM
</P>

</P>

The owner of the Falcons already said that Vick will never play for them again. </P>

FlyingTruck
05-21-2009, 01:51 PM
The thought quickly passed my mind, but then I decided against it. I think he's a great player, but he doesn't really fit into our system.</P>

GMENAGAIN
05-21-2009, 02:01 PM

In your next post you should ask for everyone'sopinions on infant torture.</P>

shocknaweny
05-21-2009, 02:04 PM
NO WAY !

PittsburghGiantsFan
05-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Might as well start running Wing-T formations while we're at it.

Providence
05-21-2009, 02:08 PM
http://alexwilhelm.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/shipment-of-fail.jpg

Bleedin Blue Since '62
05-21-2009, 03:42 PM
<FONT color=#800080>Yea. Vick and Hugo Chavez. Let's get 'em bolth signed and in the fold.</FONT>

dlivesay
05-21-2009, 04:07 PM

</P>

on paper it isn't a bad idea. however, as egotistical as mike vick is and as hard up as the league is for QB's, he probably feels, and maybe so, that he can still be a full time QB in the NFL and so he's going to want to get paid. </P>

</P>

bigblue4417
05-21-2009, 04:09 PM
</p>

</p>

The owner of the Falcons already said that Vick will never play for them again. </p>
LMAO, that is exactly my point my good friend.

rbcarpenter
05-21-2009, 04:13 PM
<FONT size=4>no!</FONT><FONT size=3>not even on a triple dog dare.......oops.</FONT>

DavenIII
05-21-2009, 04:13 PM
</p>

</p>

The owner of the Falcons already said that Vick will never play for them again. </p>

Yeah well, <u>Never</u> is a lot sooner then he'd make the giants team.

Sundown
05-21-2009, 04:22 PM
I cant believe this thread is still going on! It amazes me that the dumb threads last the longest..

DavenIII
05-21-2009, 04:25 PM
I cant believe this thread is still going on! It amazes me that the dumb threads last the longest..

When there is a total lack of anything besides dumb threads, then they in fact MUST last so long because people must post...

FroZeNx31x
05-21-2009, 04:27 PM
<font color="#006400"><font size="3">GIVE HIM A SHOT IF HE MAKES IT GREAT, IF HE DOESNT OH WELL.

WE ARE ALL ADULTS AND THIS IS A PROFESSIONAL FRANCHISE, IF THEY FEEL VICK CAN HELP IN SOME WAY HE WILL BE CONTACTED.

THATS WHY YOU GUYS DONT MAKE DECISIONS, YOU MAKE UP YOUR MIND BASED ON EMOTION RATHER THAN LOGIC AND REASONING
</font></font>

DavenIII
05-21-2009, 04:28 PM
<font color="#006400"><font size="3">
THATS WHY YOU GUYS DONT MAKE DECISIONS, YOU MAKE UP YOUR MIND BASED ON EMOTION RATHER THAN LOGIC AND REASONING
</font></font>

except, in this case, there is not logical reason we would want Vick on the Giants.

FroZeNx31x
05-21-2009, 04:29 PM
again you prove my point, Mr. GM

DavenIII
05-21-2009, 04:34 PM

how so? I'm not saying, don't give him a chance in the NFL...I think he'll be a good addition to many teams, he just doesn't have ANYTHING we need on THIS team.

you explain to me for what valid logical reason we would want a 4th QB on our team that would only be useful to us if we ran a Wildcat formation which we clearly are not going to do.

Eli Manning and David Carr are CLEARLY better "Pure" QB's there is no argument there, and then we just drafted Rhett Bomar...and still have our QB draft pick from last year...Vick does not fit into our current crop of QB's he would lose...so why bring him in?

we have too many WR's as it is right now which is the only other Position Vick projects too.

Giving Vick a shot takes a shot away from someone who might actually serve a purpose on this team, Vick simply does not fit our team at all, even if he was a model citizen and had never done anything wrong in his entire life he'd still never make our squad this year.

Sundown
05-21-2009, 04:36 PM
<FONT color=#006400><FONT size=3>GIVE HIM A SHOT IF HE MAKES IT GREAT, IF HE DOESNT OH WELL.

WE ARE ALL ADULTS AND THIS IS A PROFESSIONAL FRANCHISE, IF THEY FEEL VICK CAN HELP IN SOME WAY HE WILL BE CONTACTED.

</FONT></FONT></P>

"Right"</P>

FroZeNx31x
05-21-2009, 04:39 PM
can be better than our3rd and 2nd.....we dont know that

the logic behind it: if he can show a glimpse of what he once was in the A why not give him a 3rd spot on the QB depth chart.

Reasoning : He's hungry, he has to pay bills, lawyer fees, and support a family.....he will be a good player on and off the field and play his heart out for a roster spot.

Im not saying this will come true, i cant predict the future......so why not work the guy out?

thats all im saying

FroZeNx31x
05-21-2009, 04:44 PM

Giving Vick a shot takes a shot away from someone who might actually serve a purpose on this team, Vick simply does not fit our team at all, even if he was a model citizen and had never done anything wrong in his entire life he'd still never make our squad this year.

I want a show of hands of everyone who is comfortable with a Heisman hopeful who couldn't make the active roster and a QB from Sam Houston?

Im not bashing our guys, i am a Kentucky fan and a huge supporter of Woodson, but at the end of the day its a business and i get that.

JPizzack
05-21-2009, 04:47 PM
since when do we run the wildcat offense? These threads (although i shouldnt let them)infuriate me.
Is there a "SIGN OCHOCINCO" thread yet? Since Carson Palmer dropped no-so-subtle clue to cicni mgmt, we should pursue him rt?

You know when we should pursue M.Vick? When Eli manning has a career ending injury...thats the only time worth it.

FroZeNx31x
05-21-2009, 04:48 PM
since when do we run the wildcat offense? These threads (although i shouldnt let them)infuriate me.
Is there a "SIGN OCHOCINCO" thread yet? Since Carson Palmer dropped no-so-subtle clue to cicni mgmt, we should pursue him rt?

You know when we should pursue M.Vick? When Eli manning has a career ending injury...thats the only time worth it.

Sundown
05-21-2009, 04:54 PM

the logic behind it: if he can show a glimpse of what he once was in the A why not give him a 3rd spot on the QB depth chart.

Reasoning : He's hungry, he has to pay bills, lawyer fees, and support a family.....he will be a good player on and off the field and play his heart out for a roster spot.

Im not saying this will come true, i cant predict the future......so why not work the guy out?

thats all im saying
</P>

And have the media fiasco in NY of all places!! thanks but no thanks. You dont pick up talent just to have talent, you pick up players, piecesthat complete the puzzel. He doesnt fit here</P>

derekunion28
05-21-2009, 04:54 PM
NO and wildcat sucks leave it to high school and college

J-GuN24
05-21-2009, 04:57 PM
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/corsiphoto/DONOTWANT_doggy.jpg

FroZeNx31x
05-21-2009, 05:00 PM

thats all im saying
</p>

And have the media fiasco in NY of all places!! thanks but no thanks. You dont pick up talent just to have talent, you pick up players, piecesthat complete the puzzel. He doesnt fit here</p>

Who cares about the media. Football players are grown men playing.....my bad i mean't working for their money.

and about your puzzle comment, tell that to a team that just signed EXTRA D-linemen this offseason. C'mon dude

Martyr
05-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Michael Vick is a great football player &amp; I'd sign him to backup Eli. He will play again &amp; I think he'll do very well, I wish people would shut up about the dogs &amp; let this guy play again.

GiantsWinAlltime
05-21-2009, 05:11 PM
Michael Vick is a great football player &amp; I'd sign him to backup Eli. He will play again &amp; I think he'll do very well, I wish people would shut up about the dogs &amp; let this guy play again.I agree that he should play again but we do not need him so I would say no.</P>

Yes a lot of people need to get off of the dog fightiong thing because humans did that for a long time and still are doing it til this day. I grew up watching dong fights but they never escalated to dogs getting killed.</P>

DavenIII
05-21-2009, 05:12 PM

I HIGHLY doubt he's better then David Carr... tbh honest, David Carr was always a better thrower of the football then Vick, Vick was always HIGHLY inaccurate, he had a powerful arm but that was it, he wasn't even a good QB in his prime for Atlanta...he did it with his feet more then his arm...which DOES NOT FIT our offensive scheme.

this is why, because your #rd QB is normally a developmental prospect and Vick is 29...not old, but not young enough to be a developmental prospect...we have Eli and we have Carr... if we had to use our 3rd QB for any extended period of time we are F'ed...regardless of whether its Rhett Bomar or Micheal Vick.

You MIGHT be right about that, assuming you are right, he still doesn't fit here on our team with our offensive scheme...so good, give him a chance somewhere to redeem himself...but from a strictly FOOTBALL view...that place won't be here...because he's of no use for us...Talent wise.

Why not spend that time to work someone out who would actually be able to fill a role here instead?

nygfanmaybe
05-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Bring him in. We will have the surprise for the league this year with the new "wild dog" formation.

bigblue4417
05-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Seahawks, Rams, 49ers and Pats were the teams SportsCenter thought might take a chance.

bandwgn86
<FONT color=#0000ff size=5>Is there a "SIGN OCHOCINCO" thread yet? Since Carson Palmer dropped no-so-subtle clue to cicni mgmt, we should pursue him rt?
</FONT>
You know when we should pursue M.Vick? When Eli manning has a career ending injury...thats the only time worth it.</P>

no there's not...and yes we should..OCHO!!!</P>

TrueBlue@NYC

I HIGHLY doubt he's better then David Carr... tbh honest, David Carr was always a better thrower of the football then Vick, Vick was always HIGHLY inaccurate, he had a powerful arm but that was it, he wasn't even a good QB in his prime for Atlanta...he did it with his feet more then his arm...which DOES NOT FIT our offensive scheme.

this is why, because your #rd QB is normally a developmental prospect and Vick is 29...not old, but not young enough to be a developmental prospect...we have Eli and we have Carr... if we had to use our 3rd QB for any extended period of time we are F'ed...regardless of whether its Rhett Bomar or Micheal Vick.

You MIGHT be right about that, assuming you are right, he still doesn't fit here on our team with our offensive scheme...so good, give him a chance somewhere to redeem himself...but from a strictly FOOTBALL view...that place won't be here...because he's of no use for us...Talent wise.

Why not spend that time to work someone out who would actually be able to fill a role here instead?

</P>

I agree completely, he doesn't fit our system, wouldn't have a real role even if he made the team, wasn't that good to begin with and isn't worth the media hassel that goes along with even trying him out. </P>

Even if it had nothing to do with the dog fighting fiasco and he was simply available via free agency, I still wouldn't want him on this team, his style simply isn't condusive to a winning team. </P>

bigblue4417
05-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Bring him in. We will have the surprise for the league this year with the new "wild dog" formation.
http://bum.net/pics/rimshot.jpg

DavenIII
I want a show of hands of everyone who is comfortable with a Heisman hopeful who couldn't make the active roster and a QB from Sam Houston?

Sam Houston? Yeah...ok maybe, but Rhett Bomar or Andre Woodson...no, actually, I don't think he could take a spot away from either of them, not after 20 months in jail and the fact that he's not a QB that fits the giants style of offense...ontop of that...even if he had a "Slight" chance to edge it out and win the 3rd QB slot on our team...(which as I said before is usually reserved as a developmental slot)

Is it worth all the attention?

Now, I'm not a big believer in distractions causing loses... the players are proffesionals and they work for a business organization....that said, even if it was in an office building, if PETA is holding up your workers at the door every other day making them late for meetings production is going to go down.

FroZeNx31x

possibly the worst joke ive seen on this forum

bandwgn86
Seahawks, Rams, 49ers and Pats were the teams SportsCenter thought might take a chance.
</P>

welcome to theCFL..next stop. end of careerville.. </P>

DavenIII
05-21-2009, 05:19 PM

I actually thought it was pretty funny....maybe too soon for some, but pretty funny.

nygfanmaybe

</P>

Don't you laugh....</P>

Sundown

thats all im saying
</P>

And have the media fiasco in NY of all places!! thanks but no thanks. You dont pick up talent just to have talent, you pick up players, piecesthat complete the puzzel. He doesnt fit here</P>

Who cares about the media. Football players are grown men playing.....my bad i mean't working for their money.

and about your puzzle comment, tell that to a team that just signed EXTRA D-linemen this offseason. C'mon dude
</P>

You are truly blind and dense. Other posters have dumb downed their reason in an effort to better suit your intelligence.If you cant see the reasons why the Giants wont take Vick then you need metal help. </P>

bigblue4417
05-21-2009, 05:23 PM
</p>

welcome to theCFL..next stop. end of careerville.. </p>
Doug Flutie and Kurt Warner would resent that statement.

DavenIII
05-21-2009, 05:24 PM
I've NEVER agreed that you should pass on a player because of a "Media" downside... if we had a chance at Ocho Cinco or T.O. this season I'd want the Giants to jump all over it.

but...Vick just wouldn't make us a better team, O.C. or T.O....they would improve the receiving Corps significantly....Vick would AT BEST slow the development of one of our two recent rookie draft pick QB's.

bandwgn86
05-21-2009, 05:29 PM
</P>

welcome to theCFL..next stop. end of careerville.. </P>

Doug Flutie and Kurt Warner would resent that statement.
</P>

Warren Moon you mean..</P>

Sundown
05-21-2009, 05:29 PM
I've NEVER agreed that you should pass on a player because of a "Media" downside... if we had a chance at Ocho Cinco or T.O. this season I'd want the Giants to jump all over it.

but...Vick just wouldn't make us a better team, O.C. or T.O....they would improve the receiving Corps significantly....Vick would AT BEST slow the development of one of our two recent rookie draft pick QB's.
</P>

PETA is no joke. Everyday of camp they'd be there protesting and on top of that the national media would be there to film it and in NY s!@#. That would last for months into the season. HUGE downside</P>

FroZeNx31x
05-21-2009, 05:30 PM

Sam Houston? Yeah...ok maybe, but Rhett Bomar or Andre Woodson...no, actually, I don't think he could take a spot away from either of them, not after 20 months in jail and the fact that he's not a QB that fits the giants style of offense...ontop of that...even if he had a "Slight" chance to edge it out and win the 3rd QB slot on our team...(which as I said before is usually reserved as a developmental slot)

Is it worth all the attention?

Now, I'm not a big believer in distractions causing loses... the players are proffesionals and they work for a business organization....that said, even if it was in an office building, if PETA is holding up your workers at the door every other day making them late for meetings production is going to go down.

"Dont fit our scheme"
I will never use that word ever because im at Giants stadium with the coaches in the meeting rooms.
How do you know that?
even better
Can you sum up our "scheme" since you know what type of players fit into it?

Scheme - a plan, design, or program of action to be followed; project.

A Scheme is a project not a set plan so in turn a scheme is forever changing week by week, play by play, position by position. There isnt 1 set scheme for any team in the league.

do you think our "scheme" is the same for Eli, Carr, Woodson , and Bomar?

FroZeNx31x
05-21-2009, 05:35 PM

thats all im saying
</p>

And have the media fiasco in NY of all places!! thanks but no thanks. You dont pick up talent just to have talent, you pick up players, piecesthat complete the puzzel. He doesnt fit here</p>

</p>

You are truly blind and dense. Other posters have dumb downed their reason in an effort to better suit your intelligence.If you cant see the reasons why the Giants wont take Vick then you need metal help. </p>

Your cool

Redeyejedi
05-21-2009, 05:40 PM
The Dolphins used the wildcat because how inept they were at running the ball and after the game against New England its effectiveness declined each week. The Giants boast themost powerful running game in the entire NFL we are a physical team that mans up and knocks u down we dont need any gimmicks</P>

Redeyejedi
05-21-2009, 05:41 PM
He will probably end up in Oakland Al Davis doesnt like 2 listen 2 anyone including his scouts

n420p69
05-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Not a chance in hell.

Munchieboy
05-21-2009, 05:51 PM

</P>

</P>

http://static.pyzam.com/img/funnypics/0/pyzamOmgWtf.jpg</P>

</P>

The mere suggestion of this leads me to believe you haven't been a Giants fan for very long, and have little or no idea about the history of the Mara's and Tisch's. This is a CLASS organization, NOT the Dallas Cowboys or the Oakland Raiders. We are the NEW YORK ****ING FOOTBALL GIANTS.......................please read a book about them before coming up with anymore "great ideas." It's ok to be a "new" fan, but learn a little something about the history.</P>

bandwgn86
05-21-2009, 06:18 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

The mere suggestion of this leads me to believe you haven't been a Giants fan for very long, and have little or no idea about the history of the Mara's and Tisch's. This is a CLASS organization, NOT the Dallas Cowboys or the Oakland Raiders. We are the NEW YORK ****ING FOOTBALL GIANTS.......................please read a book about them before coming up with anymore "great ideas." It's ok to be a "new" fan, but learn a little something about the history.</P>

</P>

yah...all the GMen have been such angels we shoulda been called the Saints.. </P>

DavenIII
05-21-2009, 06:21 PM
"Dont fit our scheme"
I will never use that word ever because im at Giants stadium with the coaches in the meeting rooms.
How do you know that?

By watching the football games they play and taking note of what plays are called, (also studying an old Playbook that the Giants themselves used a while back recently) of course the scheme can change, but it's been pretty successful the last two years no? why would they do a major overhaul to fix something that's already been working so well?

Can you sum up our "scheme" since you know what type of players fit into it?

In short? a Power Run game that sets up Play Action passes coupled with a strong defense.

Scheme - a plan, design, or program of action to be followed; project.

A Scheme is a project not a set plan so in turn a scheme is forever changing week by week, play by play, position by position. There isnt 1 set scheme for any team in the league.

Design...or Program of Action to be followed, those are also definitions for Scheme by your own admission, a Design can change, but overall you make a design and you stick to it, minor tweaks here and there (I should know, I'm a "Mechanical <u>Designer"</u> )

A program is a list of actions to be followed, as it says up there....if this happens then we do this, if this happens then we do this....that whole Scheme/Design/Project, whatever you want to call it, withing all the options avalible in the scheme, there is nothing or at least VERY LITTLE that would take advantage of Vicks particular talents.

do you think our "scheme" is the same for Eli, Carr, Woodson , and Bomar?

It is mostly the same yes, there are some things Carr can not do that Eli can, those are options that are taken out...not much is added though because there isn't much Carr can do that Eli can't...and woodsen and Bomar...yeah the Scheme is the same, but some more options are taken out, nothing is added.

If Vick was our 3rd...we'd need a totally DIFFERENT Scheme for him, he doesn't play the QB position in a remotely similar fashion to Eli, he'd practically need a playbook of his own, all the WR's the OLine the RB's the TE's everyone would have to learn a SECOND playbook in order to take advantage of the Talents Vick brings to a team.

Munchieboy
05-21-2009, 06:32 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

yah...all the GMen have been such angels we shoulda been called the Saints.. </P>

</P>

Why is it no one on this board can have a debate without taking the opposing posters opinion to the extreme? Anyone giving a less than glowing opinion of Eli is a hater and anyone defending him is a homer. </P>

Tell me, Einstein, where did I say the Giants were angels? What Vick did was unforgivable, and would make him a HUGE distraction for the team. To say nothing of the fact that he isn't going to be playing anytime soon.</P>

double_blue
05-21-2009, 06:49 PM
i think that he should be given a second chance. i feel that he has paid his debt to society, and if he is truly remorseful, he should be allowed back into the league. not to down play vick's crime, but alot of people have done alot worse things and been accepted back into society, and to their profession. football should be no different.

i would be ok with him being on the giants also. your going to get an athlete at nearly the league minimum, if he can still play the game, hes worth it regardless of media intrigue. hes going to attract a big hub-ub where ever he goes... it doesnt matter that were in new york.

bandwgn86
05-21-2009, 06:56 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Why is it no one on this board can have a debate without taking the opposing posters opinion to the extreme? Anyone giving a less than glowing opinion of Eli is a hater and anyone defending him is a homer. </P>

Tell me, Einstein, where did I say the Giants were angels? What Vick did was unforgivable, and would make him a HUGE distraction for the team. To say nothing of the fact that he isn't going to be playing anytime soon.</P>

</P>

lol...or name calling. </P>

Munchieboy
05-21-2009, 07:11 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

lol...or name calling. </P>

</P>

I can think of worse things than being called "Einstien".</P>

RoanokeFan
05-21-2009, 07:37 PM
i think that he should be given a second chance. i feel that he has paid his debt to society, and if he is truly remorseful, he should be allowed back into the league. not to down play vick's crime, but alot of people have done alot worse things and been accepted back into society, and to their profession. football should be no different.

i would be ok with him being on the giants also. your going to get an athlete at nearly the league minimum, if he can still play the game, hes worth it regardless of media intrigue. hes going to attract a big hub-ub where ever he goes... it doesnt matter that were in new york.

Let's suppose Vick was a police officer who did exactly what Vick did, was convicted, served his sentence and was released. What chance do you think he'd have of getting his job back?

napier23
05-21-2009, 07:51 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

thank you! Iv been trying to ignore this thread all day, but now that its 6 fricking pages long, I beg, </P>

MODS PLEASE DELETE !!!</P>

RoanokeFan
05-21-2009, 07:55 PM

</p>

</p>

http://static.pyzam.com/img/funnypics/0/pyzamOmgWtf.jpg</p>

</p>

The mere suggestion of this leads me to believe you haven't been a Giants fan for very long, and have little or no idea about the history of the Mara's and Tisch's. This is a CLASS organization, NOT the Dallas Cowboys or the Oakland Raiders. We are the NEW YORK ****ING FOOTBALL GIANTS.......................please read a book about them before coming up with anymore "great ideas." It's ok to be a "new" fan, but learn a little something about the history.</p>

</p>

thank you! Iv been trying to ignore this thread all day, but now that its 6 fricking pages long, I beg, </p>

MODS PLEASE DELETE !!!</p>

The nice thing about the message board is you don't have to read anything

HeatherP
05-21-2009, 08:20 PM

Let's suppose Vick was a police officer who did exactly what Vick did, was convicted, served his sentence and was released. What chance do you think he'd have of getting his job back?
</P>

ZERO</P>

RoanokeFan
05-21-2009, 08:22 PM

</p>

ZERO</p>

GOOD ANSWER lol

dezzzR
05-21-2009, 08:31 PM
<FONT color=#006400><FONT size=3>GIVE HIM A SHOT IF HE MAKES IT GREAT, IF HE DOESNT OH WELL.

</FONT></FONT></P>

how about the fact that hes never thrown 20 tds in a season, something we need lacking wrs? the guys garbage. </P>

jomo
05-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Ok ok ok dont bash me just a suggestion would you consider bringing in Vick for a wildcat formation i mean with no plax and a bunch of rookie wrs we will have to scheme way harder bring him in situationly and he can throw the ball i mean he was a quarterback he could be a huge addition in my eyes. Now just state your oppinions dont bash just tell me how you think it would work out</P>The short answer is no. The long answer is what you've heard from me before. Anything that distracts the coaches and players from preparing for the next game is bad. We got rid of one circus, we don't need another one. I wish Michael well wherever he lands. He has served his penaltty and should be allowed to compete for a job in this league. I just prefer that job be somewhere else.

gintsfannj
05-21-2009, 08:55 PM
The wildcat will be gone eventually,as for Vick he is an exciting player,but he'll never be a Giant,i wouldn't want him,i think he'll play again.I am one of those who thinks he should get a second chance but i wouldn't be the one that gives it to him,atleast not now or anytime soon.

fourth&forever
05-21-2009, 09:18 PM
<FONT face=Verdana>truly silly idea</FONT>

nycsportzfan
05-21-2009, 09:37 PM
screw that everyone should get another chance crap! Not when you murder living things, like mans best freind just for plesure. I could see if it were for something like a DUI or something as long as no one was killed and he was getting treatment. Look at leonard little, he kills someone while driving drunk and yet still has gotten to play a kids game for yrs and make millions as the faimily of the deseaced has to see this guy live a great life in Pro Football and watch him make millions and millions. This is a privledge league, its not a right, no way should someone get the privledge of making millions and millions of dollars when he has murdered many living dogs and watched many more rip each other to shreds, a guy who spends his money like that shows me he can't handle making money and most definetly crossed the line on being able to get another chance in the NFL, its silly to think he should get another chance, why should he? Because he did some time? Big deal, he gets to get out and still tons of dogs have parrished, there not getting a second chance, he should have to figure out another way to earn a living. To be honest, hes lucky he can even get a 10hour construction job, most felons can't even get that.

gators33
05-21-2009, 10:02 PM
NO WAY!!!!!! WE DON'T WANT HIM!!!!!!

VegasGmen
05-21-2009, 10:04 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chaosist
05-21-2009, 11:17 PM

thats all im saying
</P>

</P>

</P>

Dude, you mustn't have had watched us last year, if you don't think we didn't need to sign some extra d-lineman. A couple nagging injuries and a long season wore our line down bad down the stretch last year. We absolutely needed to get some quality depth/rotation players in on the line.</P>

The media circus surrounding Vick would be 10^100 times worse than the Plax fiasco, so yeah, I think that would distract the team from its primary goal of winning games and bringing another championship home to NY. Also, the franchise itself will lose face in the public eye. It would be a PR nightmare. I wonder if the Giants would lose advertising money for it...</P>

Also, Vick was never a good QB. He was great at running out of the pocket, and as such you had to always keep a spy on him. Fast-forward two years. He's been in prison, not in football shape. He's 29 now, so by the time he's back in game shape, he'll be 30, and that's the age at which his particular skill-set (running) begins to greatly diminish. </P>

Vick is a hack.</P>

RagTime Blue
05-22-2009, 12:17 AM

</p>

Good lord.</p>

People, get off the bandwagon. <font size="6">The wildcat formation is not going to be nearly as successful as it was last year</font>. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if everyone stopped using it, and stopped talking about it by seasons end. The only reason why it had any success last year is b/c nobody had ever seen it. Do we honestly think, after an entire offseason of studying it, DC's won't figure out a way to defend it?? Come on! Sure, the Pats got beat by it when they faced the dolphins for the first time, but does anyone remember what happened the second time they played? This formation, to me, is a joke. Nothing more than a"tweak" to the option. Coaches in the NFL will not be fooled this year. Write that down.</p>

Plus, the Giants don't need gimicks. Just give the ball to Jacobs, use play action, and spread the ball around in the passing game. BOOM! There's our recipe for success. </p>

Yeah, and this whole thing the kids are into these days. . .what're they calling it. . .Rock n' Roll, or something like that. . .it'll never last.

MOOK3456
05-22-2009, 02:37 AM
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/5979/******owls.jpg

Harooni
05-22-2009, 03:56 AM
Word on the street is Reese is looking to go mobile, not sure if he will dare to look Vicks way.

but its not like he mugged old ladies or shot up night clubs, he fought dogs. yes its wrong and cruel but i think you have to go case by case when judging who is a criminal.

lawl
05-22-2009, 04:21 AM

but he wasn't so your point is irrelevant

gshepherdnyg
05-22-2009, 05:55 AM
Word on the street is Reese is looking to go mobile, not sure if he will dare to look Vicks way.

but its not like he mugged old ladies or shot up night clubs, he fought dogs. yes its wrong and cruel but i think you have to go case by case when judging who is a criminal.
<FONT color=#0000ff size=6>FAIL</FONT>

Munchieboy
05-22-2009, 08:20 AM

</P>

"Word on the street"??? Would that be Christopher St, Harooni?</P>

Still trying to pass your anti-Eli agenda as truthwithout any proof or link.</P>

JShock and Awe
05-22-2009, 08:32 AM

</P>

So in your estimation stealing from someone is worse than electrocuting an innocent animal in a swimming pool, lynching it or chaining it down to be raped so it can have more litters of innocent puppies to be grotesquely mauled for this sick maniacs enjoyment?? The guy is a sociopath who lied about his involvement in these inhumane and grotesque actsand has absolutelyno business back in this league. </P>

fourth&forever
05-22-2009, 10:04 AM

</P>

So in your estimation stealing from someone is worse than electrocuting an innocent animal in a swimming pool, lynching it or chaining it down to be raped so it can have more litters of innocent puppies to be grotesquely mauled for this sick maniacs enjoyment?? The guy is a sociopath who lied about his involvement in these inhumane and grotesque actsand has absolutelyno business back in this league. </P>

</P>

<FONT face=Verdana>sociopath??? Please tell us what acute mental disorder Vick has.</FONT></P>

NjGiant42
05-22-2009, 10:11 AM
It's funny how you people fight over animal rights and we have so many people in jail for crimes they did or didn't do get treated worst than theses animals do but how many of you complaine about that, Before you try to say it shouldnt of did what they did to get there right no matter what they should still be treated like humans and also the laws need to change for people those who served time in prison when they come home unless they are Martha Stewart Or Will Smith you cant find you way back in to the world because they shut you out with leaving you know options but to do the same thing and this time even worst so enough with this about this Mike Vick stuff it's so much more going on than this............... And most people I know see this as a black and white issue that you may never understand because it's not you going thru it.</P>

And I would Love to see Mike Vick play as a giant </P>

YATittle1962
05-22-2009, 10:12 AM

I would personally rather see old ladies mugged or a nightclub shot up than ....
innocent puppies being hung for not performing well in a fight......being electrocuted.........being strapped to an apparatus to be raped for breeding .......

I hope he never plays again and stays in debt so he and his family suffer like those poor little pups did........

eternally anti Vick.......

JShock and Awe
05-22-2009, 10:20 AM

</P>

</P>

<FONT face=Verdana>sociopath??? Please tell us what acute mental disorder Vick has.</FONT></P>

</P>

There is significant research which shows a high correlation between people who abuse animals who go on to commit more eggrigious crimes later in life. If you would like to educate yourself on the topic I would more than happy to provide you with some literature/datapoints/case studies. </P>

MattMeyerBud
05-22-2009, 10:20 AM

it was the execution styles for personal amusement that is the issue tho rooni

peerless
05-22-2009, 10:21 AM

I would personally rather see old ladies mugged or a nightclub shot up than ....
innocent puppies being hung for not performing well in a fight......being electrocuted.........being strapped to an apparatus to be raped for breeding .......

I hope he never plays again and stays in debt so he and his family suffer like those poor little pups did........

</P>

lol you would rather see old ladies getting mugged and people getting shot in night clubs.....wow man!</P>

MattMeyerBud
05-22-2009, 10:21 AM
can this thread just die?

NO WAY we get vick

and its highly questionable he'd be able to handle the press in Minny for this junk, imagine NY?

its never gonna happen... i think even if u try and make a trade for him in maddena popup comes up that says GET REAL

peerless
05-22-2009, 10:23 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

There is significant research which shows a high correlation between people who abuse animals who go on to commit more eggrigious crimes later in life. If you would like to educate yourself on the topic I would more than happy to provide you with some literature/datapoints/case studies. </P>

</P>

please not the people the poster is refering too are mostly kids abusing these animals which then grow up commit these eggririous acts....im sure somebody whos 30 years old isnt going to 'later on in life" say around 50 become a serial killer</P>

YATittle1962
05-22-2009, 10:27 AM

</p>

lol you would rather see old ladies getting mugged and people getting shot in night clubs.....wow man!</p>
absolutely.......I am a pitbull owner and dog lover......and I dont a huge fondness for people......

if anyone mistreated my dog the would have a very unreasonable 6' 4" 275 lb problem coming in their direction.....

this is my boy
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9138/bingoc.jpg

DavenIII
05-22-2009, 10:33 AM

Lets suppose it was a Accountant, cause I'm thinking the chances are close to 90-100% that he would get his job back.

Morehead State
05-22-2009, 10:48 AM
It's funny how you people fight over animal rights and we have so many people in jail for crimes they did or didn't do get treated worst than theses animals do but how many of you complaine about that, Before you try to say it shouldnt of did what they did to get there right no matter what they should still be treated like humans and also the laws need to change for people those who served time in prison when they come home unless they are Martha Stewart Or Will Smith you cant find you way back in to the world because they shut you out with leaving you know options but to do the same thing and this time even worst so enough with this about this Mike Vick stuff it's so much more going on than this............... And most people I know see this as a black and white issue that you may never understand because it's not you going thru it.</P>

</P>

CONGRATS!!!!!</P>

The most unreadable post in the history of the Giants MB. Your unintelligable grammer and syntaxare only exceeded by your lack of punctuation.</P>

Don Pardo, tell him what he's won.........</P>

Sundown
05-22-2009, 10:52 AM

</P>

CONGRATS!!!!!</P>

The most unreadable post in the history of the Giants MB. Your unintelligable grammer and syntax is only exceeded by your lack of puncuation.</P>

</P>

LMAO</P>

YATittle1962
05-22-2009, 11:00 AM
It's funny how you people fight over animal rights and we have so many people in jail for crimes they did or didn't do get treated worst than theses animals do but how many of you complaine about that, Before you try to say it shouldnt of did what they did to get there right no matter what they should still be treated like humans and also the laws need to change for people those who served time in prison when they come home unless they are Martha Stewart Or Will Smith you cant find you way back in to the world because they shut you out with leaving you know options but to do the same thing and this time even worst so enough with this about this Mike Vick stuff it's so much more going on than this............... And most people I know see this as a black and white issue that you may never understand because it's not you going thru it.</p>

And I would Love to see Mike Vick play as a giant </p>

i would usually ignore a post like this.....but I just cant resist telling you that you are a complete idiot....

JShock and Awe
05-22-2009, 11:02 AM

</P>

CONGRATS!!!!!</P>

The most unreadable post in the history of the Giants MB. Your unintelligable grammer and syntax is only exceeded by your lack of puncuation.</P>

</P>

Well done sir - CLASSIC</P>

Sundown
05-22-2009, 11:02 AM

i would usually ignore a post like this.....but I just cant resist telling you that you are a complete idiot....
</P>

YA theres an even worse thread in the smack talk section. </P>

YATittle1962
05-22-2009, 11:03 AM
It's funny how you people fight over animal rights and we have so many people in jail for crimes they did or didn't do get treated worst than theses animals do but how many of you complaine about that, Before you try to say it shouldnt of did what they did to get there right no matter what they should still be treated like humans and also the laws need to change for people those who served time in prison when they come home unless they are Martha Stewart Or Will Smith you cant find you way back in to the world because they shut you out with leaving you know options but to do the same thing and this time even worst so enough with this about this Mike Vick stuff it's so much more going on than this............... And most people I know see this as a black and white issue that you may never understand because it's not you going thru it.</p>

</p>

YA theres an even worse thread in the smack talk section. </p>

i dont even want to see it.....

..this is a very touchy subject for me....its better that i stay away from this thread and similar threads

Sundown
05-22-2009, 11:06 AM

</P>

..this is a very touchy subject for me....its better that i stay away from this thread and similar threads
</P>

Good call cause you'll get heated in that one. Its bad in there and even worse a Cowboys fan is making dumb comments. Avoid at all cost</P>

fourth&forever
05-22-2009, 11:10 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

<FONT face=Verdana>I squished ants when I was a kid. I must be an anti-socialpyschopath too.</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Verdana></FONT></P>

<FONT face=Verdana>But I digress. Lets reel this discussion back on Giants topic.</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Verdana>We don't need Vickas a new disruption.</FONT></P>

JShock and Awe
05-22-2009, 11:13 AM

</P>

</P>

YA - couldnt agree with you more man - me and my wife volunteer for several canine rscues in the city and its absolutely gut-wrenching to see the condition these poor animals come into the shelter in.I have a 7yr old pittie and am currently fostering a 9 month old that we got who came in with no fur and open bite wounds but its truly amazing to see that no matter how bad these animals lives have been they have the ability to recover and love unconditionally. - Saving the world one pittie at a time man!!</P>

</P>

JShock and Awe
05-22-2009, 11:15 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

<FONT face=Verdana>I squished ants when I was a kid. I must be an anti-socialpyschopath too.</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Verdana>But I digress. Lets reel this discussion back on Giants topic.</FONT></P>

</P>

Proabaly not, but I would postulate thatyou are pretty ignorant if you think stepping on an ant and electrocuting a defenseless dog in a swimming pool are equally morally reprehensible. </P>

YATittle1962
05-22-2009, 11:18 AM

</p>

YA theres an even worse thread in the smack talk section. </p>

</p>

YA - couldnt agree with you more man - me and my wife volunteer for several canine rscues in the city and its absolutely gut-wrenching to see the condition these poor animals come into the shelter in.I have a 7yr old pittie and am currently fostering a 9 month old that we got who came in with no fur and open bite wounds but its truly amazing to see that no matter how bad these animals lives have been they have the ability to recover and love unconditionally. - Saving the world one pittie at a time man!!</p>

</p>

much respect....

keep up the good work.....

...love my pit...he is the most gentle and loving boy.......

.....and back to topic.....not only would I never want Vick as a Giant...I hope he never plays the game again......

....let him work for a living ...the scum that he is

Giants Fan 42
05-22-2009, 11:18 AM
I'd rather go 0-16 than let Vick get anywhere near the G-men.

fourth&forever
05-22-2009, 11:20 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Proabaly not, but I would postulate thatyou are pretty ignorant if you think stepping on an ant and electrocuting a defenseless dog in a swimming pool are equally morally reprehensible. </P>

</P>

Emotions are getting the best of youman. </P>

YATittle1962
05-22-2009, 11:20 AM

probably my favorite post in this thread

DavenIII
05-22-2009, 11:28 AM

probably my favorite post in this thread

It's an emotional response, its not logical or reasonable, which is similar to the stance you are taking on this subject, so of course you agree with it and like it.

dezzzR
05-22-2009, 11:35 AM

</P>

hahahahahaha. i agree, if anything more criminals are walking the streets then innocent people in jails.</P>

point is vick TORTURED these aninmals. </P>

dezzzR
05-22-2009, 11:40 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

so did i, but does an ant have facial expressions, or yelp when itsin pain, or show effections?</P>