PDA

View Full Version : Damontre Moore was extremely explosive.

nycsportzfan
08-12-2013, 12:28 PM
Now do u see why i don't go overly crazy about 40times? D.Moore was explosive and looked plenty fast enough out there. Another words, he was a terror, something his combine would make you lead to belive wasen't possible. If anything the combine gave us false info on the DE/OLB from A&M.

Carter.525
08-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Moore was like getting an extra 1st rounder... great value

BlueSanta
08-12-2013, 02:37 PM
The 40 time thing never worried me. I was more worried about the rumors of bad work habits.

But, I just never could see how anyone could watch this kid's tape, then realize it is vs the SEC and think to themselves "He could be available in the middle of the 3rd round."

After what has been happening to Jonny football I am starting to think the reported player work problem thing might be a Texas A&M thing and not a Damontre Moore thing(sorry to all A&M fans.)

Moke
08-12-2013, 02:49 PM
He seems like a gem

nycsportzfan
08-12-2013, 10:24 PM
The 40 time thing never worried me. I was more worried about the rumors of bad work habits.

But, I just never could see how anyone could watch this kid's tape, then realize it is vs the SEC and think to themselves "He could be available in the middle of the 3rd round."

After what has been happening to Jonny football I am starting to think the reported player work problem thing might be a Texas A&M thing and not a Damontre Moore thing(sorry to all A&M fans.) Well done santa. I agree with alot of what you said. I also worried about maturity issues more then the workout numbers, but many did worry about the workout stuff even more. Janoris Jenkins had maturity issues and went early 2nd rd and was a steal. Its amazing that Moore lasted till Mid3rd when he was a top 5 pick a month before.

slipknottin
08-12-2013, 10:57 PM
Never thought he was a top 5 talent, I thought he was a 2nd round talent. Practice issues, didnt think he did that well off the snap and a couple other issues

Still a nice find in the middle of the 3rd, but I still dont think hes "extremely explosive"

nycsportzfan
08-13-2013, 08:09 AM
Never thought he was a top 5 talent, I thought he was a 2nd round talent. Practice issues, didnt think he did that well off the snap and a couple other issues

Still a nice find in the middle of the 3rd, but I still dont think hes "extremely explosive" Are you kidding? Guys shoulden't be able to get to the punter and have the ball basically smack off the middle of his body, let alone just barley getting it with his hands. He closes extremely fast, and anything you wanna use for termonology, hes explosive as a mother hubbard.

slipknottin
08-13-2013, 08:24 AM
Lots of players can get to the punter when they aren't blocked. He's a good athlete. Not what I would call extremely explosive though

Carter.525
08-13-2013, 09:00 AM
Lots of players can get to the punter when they aren't blocked. He's a good athlete. Not what I would call extremely explosive though

yea, Moore had a free lane to the QB.. turrible blocking

nycsportzfan
08-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Its got some correlation directly with a unpadded straight lined 40, which he was critisized for at the combine. This guys got some explosion in his game.

Redeyejedi
08-13-2013, 12:21 PM

Still a nice find in the middle of the 3rd, but I still dont think hes "extremely explosive" to me he always looked like a late 1st round pick. He was never a top 5 prospect he wasnt on the level with Ansah,Mongo and Jordan. My Top 100 I had him #31. Still excellent value. I graded Hankins and Moore both higher then Pugh in case anyone was wondering

slipknottin
08-13-2013, 12:25 PM
to me he always looked like a late 1st round pick. He was never a top 5 prospect he wasnt on the level with Ansah,Mongo and Jordan. My Top 100 I had him #31. Still excellent value. I graded Hankins and Moore both higher then Pugh

Yea. I can see late 1st round. I was thinking early 2nd. But I agree, the top 5 thing was nonsense.

Redeyejedi
08-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Yea. I can see late 1st round. I was thinking early 2nd. But I agree, the top 5 thing was nonsense. I had more then 5 pass rushers graded higher .He was my 8th highest graded pass rusher.I think Kiper started that. Moore had a quick start and he put him in the Top 5 and everyone followed him.

1. Ansah #3
2. Mingo #4
3. Jordan #5
4. Carradine #13
5. J Jones #14
6. Werner #16
7,.Datone Jones #27
8. Moore #31
9. Hunt #34
10. Lemonier #60

thats how I had the Top 10 DE's/LB's

Eli TO Shockey
08-13-2013, 02:15 PM
I had more then 5 pass rushers graded higher .He was my 8th highest graded pass rusher.I think Kiper started that. Moore had a quick start and he put him in the Top 5 and everyone followed him.

1. Ansah #3
2. Mingo #4
3. Jordan #5
4. Carradine #13
5. J Jones #14
6. Werner #16
7,.Datone Jones #27
8. Moore #31
9. Hunt #34
10. Lemonier #60

thats how I had the Top 10 DE's/LB's

Where were hankins and Pugh on your to 100?

gmen0820
08-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Lemonier is a stud.

slipknottin
08-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Lemonier is a stud.

He was one guy I wanted in the mid rounds. Talked about him a few times. Would be great as a situational rusher, and think he could play SAM too.

Redeyejedi
08-13-2013, 09:01 PM
Where were hankins and Pugh on your to 100? Hankins was #57 , Pugh was #61. I tend to grade DE's and pass rushers higher then most,

gmen0820
08-13-2013, 10:26 PM
He was one guy I wanted in the mid rounds. Talked about him a few times. Would be great as a situational rusher, and think he could play SAM too.I can't say I agreed at the time, but your boy Geno Atkins has REALLY panned out.

I've had my fair share of golden mid-round predictions, but I blundered big time with Atkins.

slipknottin
08-13-2013, 11:00 PM
I can't say I agreed at the time, but your boy Geno Atkins has REALLY panned out.

I've had my fair share of golden mid-round predictions, but I blundered big time with Atkins.

Well let me tell you, I don't usually nail 4th round all pro players lol.

That may have been the most depressing giants draft pick of all time though for me. Taking Dillard when Atkins was still there

gmen0820
08-13-2013, 11:17 PM
Lol, in hindsight, that's disgusting.

By the way, anyone see the Hard Knocks clip where Gresham owns Atkins? Kind of cheated off the snap, but he took him down.

BlessedinBlue22
08-14-2013, 12:54 AM
Giants got him at 3.... meaning 3rd round. :-) STEAL

In the beginning i wanted Okafor or Werner in the first. Not sure on how Pugh or Hankins will turn out for us. But do keep in mind we did Pass on the Honeybadger, Werner, Arthur Brown, Alex Okafor, Xavier Rhodes. to name a few. Feel free to add

nycsportzfan
08-14-2013, 12:54 AM
Yea. I can see late 1st round. I was thinking early 2nd. But I agree, the top 5 thing was nonsense. WHy would top 5 thing be nonsense? Had he ran a fast 40 and had no offfield maturity issues, he most definetly would of gone top 5. You talk about pass rushing, then you talk about the guy who lead the country in sacks, right? D.Moore is pass rushing.

nycsportzfan
08-14-2013, 12:55 AM
Lol, in hindsight, that's disgusting.

By the way, anyone see the Hard Knocks clip where Gresham owns Atkins? Kind of cheated off the snap, but he took him down. Yes, I seen that. I can't wait to watch tonights episode. I'm liking Mike Zimmer for our next coach more and more that i watch that show. Obviously that would only be if Tommy Coughlin wanted to retire.

gmen0820
08-14-2013, 12:57 AM
Yes, I seen that. I can't wait to watch tonights episode. I'm liking Mike Zimmer for our next coach more and more that i watch that show. Obviously that would only be if Tommy Coughlin wanted to retire.In 2010, Zimmer and Harbaugh (Stanford) were my top guys. Harbaugh has turned out pretty well (Baalke is very underrated), and I still think Zimmer will be a great HC one day.

Honestly, I don't really want a big name guy like Cowher or Gruden.

nycsportzfan
08-14-2013, 12:59 AM
to me he always looked like a late 1st round pick. He was never a top 5 prospect he wasnt on the level with Ansah,Mongo and Jordan. My Top 100 I had him #31. Still excellent value. I graded Hankins and Moore both higher then Pugh in case anyone was wondering It would of been hard to argue with Damontre Moore going in the top 5. How do u argue with a guy in the SEC that leads the country in sacks going in the top 5? A guy who plays with a big time motor might i add, and has some versatility as well.

I mean, i tend to agree alittle bit, but i had him on my big board for us at 19. It didn't take much to know this kids game was for real. It was almost elementry really. One of the easier prospects to tell he had a big game. Simply put, his maturity issues and 40time killed his stock, which in my mind, made me happy, because I thoguht it gave us a shot at him at 19. I'd of had no issue at all had we taken D.Moore in rd1.

nycsportzfan
08-14-2013, 01:08 AM
In 2010, Zimmer and Harbaugh (Stanford) were my top guys. Harbaugh has turned out pretty well (Baalke is very underrated), and I still think Zimmer will be a great HC one day.

Honestly, I don't really want a big name guy like Cowher or Gruden.
i liked the harbaughs as well. Also liked O'Brien and Schiano. I still like Gary Pinkel also. But Mike Zimmer just has a NYG feel to him.

gmen0820
08-14-2013, 01:42 AM
i liked the harbaughs as well. Also liked O'Brien and Schiano. I still like Gary Pinkel also. But Mike Zimmer just has a NYG feel to him.Didn't know much about John Harbaugh when Baltimore got him. It kind of seemed like an ill-advised rebound pick after being spurned by Garrett. Plus, he was, what, a STs coach for Philly? It's sure worked out for them, though.

Yeah, I like Schiano, but he's gonna have to ease off the vets a bit.

nycsportzfan
08-14-2013, 04:43 AM
Didn't know much about John Harbaugh when Baltimore got him. It kind of seemed like an ill-advised rebound pick after being spurned by Garrett. Plus, he was, what, a STs coach for Philly? It's sure worked out for them, though.

Yeah, I like Schiano, but he's gonna have to ease off the vets a bit. I like bloodlines though. Especially when it comes to coaching. His pops was a assitant under bo schembechler, and obviously his bro was a player at stanford and into coaching, and he also played at the U of Miami...etc Not to mention, he coached more then just ST's, as he had much exp with Secondaries as well. if u delve alittle deeper, you can see why he would be a grade A type coaching prospect.

slipknottin
08-14-2013, 08:09 AM
WHy would top 5 thing be nonsense? Had he ran a fast 40 and had no offfield maturity issues, he most definetly would of gone top 5. You talk about pass rushing, then you talk about the guy who lead the country in sacks, right? D.Moore is pass rushing.

Because he is not as physically gifted as a lot of the other DEs in that draft. And he DID have immaturity issues.
He was never a top 5 talent

Redeyejedi
08-14-2013, 08:09 AM
Yea. I can see late 1st round. I was thinking early 2nd. But I agree, the top 5 thing was nonsense.To me the players found at #25 are basically the same until the middle of the 2nd round.U can get the top talent at less valued positions and guys who fell for character or other flaws

Redeyejedi
08-14-2013, 08:19 AM
Because he is not as physically gifted as a lot of the other DEs in that draft. And he DID have immaturity issues.
He was never a top 5 talent I agree even if he ran a mid 4.6 he still doesnt go Top 5. On tape u can see he isnt as gifted especially as the top 3 guys Ansah,Mingo, Jordan. At the top of the draft Physical ability rules. I think if he ran well and didnt have the character ?'s he goes in the range of 25-45. Coaches dont want to hear a guy may not work hard, Thats worse then getting caught with weed or a DUI.

nycsportzfan
08-14-2013, 09:13 AM
He was never a top 5 talent alot less physically gifted except when on the football field, is what you mean, right?? Again, he lead the nation in sacks going against future pros every week just about. It had nothing to do with his"physical gifts" as u put it, to why he dropped. He dropped because of a 40time with no pads on in a straight line and maturity issues. And the Maturity issues should of never had him fall that far anyways. He was no diffrent then Janoris Jenkins, who went in the top half of RD2. The bottom line is NFL GM's probably messed up.

slipknottin
08-14-2013, 09:28 AM
He didn't lead the nation in sacks. Jarvis Jones did. And Jones went 16th.

He was not as physically gifted as Mingo or Ansah or Jordan on the field or off the field.

We know you are in love with production and that counts for some of it sure. But you can't base draft status on that alone. A lot of it is physical talent and what upside they have.

nycsportzfan
08-14-2013, 09:38 AM
He didn't lead the nation in sacks. Jarvis Jones did. And Jones went 16th.

He was not as physically gifted as Mingo or Ansah or Jordan on the field or off the field.

We know you are in love with production and that counts for some of it sure. But you can't base draft status on that alone. A lot of it is physical talent and what upside they have. As long as they are the right size(to stand up to punishment), and going against tough comp and prooving themselves, i tend to think they will continue it in the NFL, yes.. I believe alot of people are simply good at the game of football just like some guys are good at darts and playing pool or hockey..etc Damontre Moore clearly is good at football and it shows in his tape.

slipknottin
08-14-2013, 10:20 AM
As long as they are the right size(to stand up to punishment), and going against tough comp and prooving themselves, i tend to think they will continue it in the NFL, yes.. I believe alot of people are simply good at the game of football just like some guys are good at darts and playing pool or hockey..etc Damontre Moore clearly is good at football and it shows in his tape.

Yes. He's a good player. That's why I said he should have been a 2nd round pick. The top 5 thing is totally off base

Redeyejedi
08-14-2013, 08:51 PM
As long as they are the right size(to stand up to punishment), and going against tough comp and prooving themselves, i tend to think they will continue it in the NFL, yes.. I believe alot of people are simply good at the game of football just like some guys are good at darts and playing pool or hockey..etc Damontre Moore clearly is good at football and it shows in his tape.How the player gets statistics is more important then the stats themselves.. If a guy has 2 Sacks in a game and they came on busted blocking assignments its different then if a guy puts on move on a tackle and gets the QB down. If a lot of sacks are coverage sacks or are they 1 on 1's against TE's,Blitzes, is the end beating a tackle plus a RB, it all plays apart.When u compare the athletic ability of the 3 guys they went Top 10 to Moore he couldnt do the things physically the other guys could do.If Moore was as good physically as those guys he wouldnt of been a 3rd round pick. Teams would of been a lot more forgiving about his off field issues.

nycsportzfan
08-14-2013, 09:26 PM
How the player gets statistics is more important then the stats themselves.. If a guy has 2 Sacks in a game and they came on busted blocking assignments its different then if a guy puts on move on a tackle and gets the QB down. If a lot of sacks are coverage sacks or are they 1 on 1's against TE's,Blitzes, is the end beating a tackle plus a RB, it all plays apart.When u compare the athletic ability of the 3 guys they went Top 10 to Moore he couldnt do the things physically the other guys could do.If Moore was as good physically as those guys he wouldnt of been a 3rd round pick. Teams would of been a lot more forgiving about his off field issues. Ur the man redeye, but i disagree sort of. The combine events are all tailored to cover every aspect of what could happen on the field(as much as they can anyway), and it matters how fast u can get to the QB on a unblocked play or busted block or whatever. Not to mention, alot of times the QB will see em coming, and the playerr must use reach, change of direction(sometimes), instincts(knowing what the QB may or may not do rite before impact..etc). Damontre Moore knows how to sack QB's and wreak havoc in the backfield. Hes also got the adequte size and strength and nastiness(when he wants, clearly) to go with the skill he was born with. hes the type of guy u could put at TE probably and he'd catch passes, or wherever, and he'd figure out how to make plays.

Alot of the same arguements i made about Earl Thomas i feel about Damontre Moore.

nycsportzfan
08-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Yes. He's a good player. That's why I said he should have been a 2nd round pick. The top 5 thing is totally off base I agreed, and think by the end of things, he clearly is one of the best 10players from this draft, if not thee.. On record!

Redeyejedi
08-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Ur the man redeye, but i disagree sort of. The combine events are all tailored to cover every aspect of what could happen on the field(as much as they can anyway), and it matters how fast u can get to the QB on a unblocked play or busted block or whatever. Not to mention, alot of times the QB will see em coming, and the playerr must use reach, change of direction(sometimes), instincts(knowing what the QB may or may not do rite before impact..etc). Damontre Moore knows how to sack QB's and wreak havoc in the backfield. Hes also got the adequte size and strength and nastiness(when he wants, clearly) to go with the skill he was born with. hes the type of guy u could put at TE probably and he'd catch passes, or wherever, and he'd figure out how to make plays.

Alot of the same arguements i made about Earl Thomas i feel about Damontre Moore. I wasnt talking about the combine events whatsoever. I was talking about how stat numbers can be misconstrued.Its more important for me to see how the player got home and against who then how many times.