PDA

View Full Version : OMAHA OMAHA

simms56
01-01-2012, 11:48 PM
After 5 years, even a tonedeaf single celled organism knows exactly when the snap is coming. Do you think that could be why this team cannot get a 1st down on any play with short yardage? Why the line has no push? They let the play clock go down to nearly zero and then say omaha, omah, snap. Here is an idea. How about ONCE...just ONCE...say OMAHA and then snap, OR....I don't know....OMAHA OMAHA OMAHA and then snap. This coaching staff is an abysmal joke. Halftime adjustments are beyond them.

slipknottin
01-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Apparently you missed the couple times this game Eli has used the hard count and caught Dallas offsides.

simms56
01-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Like I said, only an idiot would go off as Eli says omaha omaha and then snaps every time. If you can produce one time they say omaha omaha and then do not snap I will eat my words.

appodictic
01-02-2012, 01:59 AM
Like I said, only an idiot would go off as Eli says omaha omaha and then snaps every time. If you can produce one time they say omaha omaha and then do not snap I will eat my words.

It goes without saying that "IF THE CLOCK IS RUNNING OUT" you "NEED TO SKIP THE OTHER STUFF AND SNAP THE BALL"

omaha omaha="hurry"

but the giants CHANGE WHAT these words mean every year! and sometimes during the game they change OMAHA to mean something else.

Everyone knows when the clock is at 1 the ball is getting snapped. No special code words are gonna stop the d from rushing.

YATittle1962
01-02-2012, 02:40 AM
After 5 years, even a tonedeaf single celled organism knows exactly when the snap is coming.* Do you think that could be why this team cannot get a 1st down on any play with short yardage?* Why the line has no push?* They let the play clock go down to nearly zero and then say omaha, omah, snap.* Here is an idea.* How about ONCE...just ONCE...say OMAHA and then snap, OR....I don't know....OMAHA OMAHA OMAHA and then snap.* This coaching staff is an abysmal joke.* Halftime adjustments are beyond them.

you have no idea what yr talking about.....but it was an amusing read

thanks

RobCarpenter
01-02-2012, 02:56 AM
After 5 years, even a tonedeaf single celled organism knows exactly when the snap is coming. Do you think that could be why this team cannot get a 1st down on any play with short yardage? Why the line has no push? They let the play clock go down to nearly zero and then say omaha, omah, snap. Here is an idea. How about ONCE...just ONCE...say OMAHA and then snap, OR....I don't know....OMAHA OMAHA OMAHA and then snap. This coaching staff is an abysmal joke. Halftime adjustments are beyond them.
</P>

Hey simms, you do realize that we just won the NFC East don't you? Clueless!</P>

RagTime Blue
01-02-2012, 03:02 AM
Yea the alternative to "Omaha, Omaha" is a flag for delay of game. Remember when that used to happen 3 times a game?

younggiant
01-02-2012, 03:09 AM
After 5 years, even a tonedeaf single celled organism knows exactly when the snap is coming.* Do you think that could be why this team cannot get a 1st down on any play with short yardage?* Why the line has no push?* They let the play clock go down to nearly zero and then say omaha, omah, snap.* Here is an idea.* How about ONCE...just ONCE...say OMAHA and then snap, OR....I don't know....OMAHA OMAHA OMAHA and then snap.* This coaching staff is an abysmal joke.* Halftime adjustments are beyond them.

you have no idea what yr talking about.....but it was an amusing read

thanks
+1

simms56
01-02-2012, 03:10 AM
Call me what you will, but we don't do the omaha call only when they play clock is expiring.

RobCarpenter
01-02-2012, 03:13 AM
Call me what you will, but we don't do the omaha call only when they play clock is expiring.
</P>

Hey troll, you do realize we just won the NFC East don't you? Try rooting for the Giants!</P>

appodictic
01-02-2012, 12:45 PM

Someone posted the giants 2000 playbook on the boards way back. You should really look at what omaha means and how complex the caidence process is.

buddy33
01-02-2012, 12:51 PM
I think what he is talking about was the 4th and one call where Eli yelled out "OMAHA" and with the play clock running down the defense knew what was coming. They also wasted a time out on that play I believe.

G-Man67
01-02-2012, 12:53 PM
sometimes they don't snap it until he OMAHAs like 6 times

that's why they call it the snap COUNT

HUT HUT HUT is so yesterday's news ... i heard the lame-0 jets saying MONEY MONEY ... man, there is trouble with the GREEN!!!

Giantsin04
01-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Call me what you will, but we don't do the omaha call only when they play clock is expiring.*

Just stop.

GameTime
01-02-2012, 01:00 PM
</P>

oh stop....</P>

posts like this are just absurd....</P>

I bet if you watched other teams each QB has a "thing" they do when the clock is running down for the snap count....</P>

bearbryant
01-02-2012, 01:13 PM
I wonder, does atlanta use OMAHA?
We just won the Division man!

cken
01-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Call me what you will, but we don't do the omaha call only when they play clock is expiring.*

Someone posted the giants 2000 playbook on the boards way back. You should really look at what omaha means and how complex the caidence process is.

+1, the cadence ran like, 5 pages long with different branches of words all over the place..

yoeddy
01-02-2012, 01:19 PM
I think what he is talking about was the 4th and one call where Eli yelled out "OMAHA" and with the play clock running down the defense knew what was coming. They also wasted a time out on that play I believe.

I think the issue on that play was more that Eli wanted to change the play but saw that the clock was running down and didn't have enough time to change it...so he had to say Omaha quickly (saying Omaha indicates that the next sound Eli makes will be the snap)..

Voldamort
01-02-2012, 01:26 PM
They did it under Simms listen to the old tapes!

Steelman
01-02-2012, 01:30 PM

Stop with the hating already. Geezzz

YATittle1962
01-02-2012, 01:32 PM

^ this

I get a chuckle when people think they have it all figured out