PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Boldin to Giants?

BigBlueOnes
05-29-2009, 08:32 AM
Just flashed on TV 7:20am EST on ESPN. Boldin to Giants?? Arizona fans seething. Gotta go to work running late!!, will check later via internet for news. </P>

janstett
05-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Only thing I can find is that Boldin hired Eli's agent, Tom Condon. And he's not showing up for Cardinals' OTAs.

gshepherdnyg
05-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Just flashed on TV 7:20am EST on ESPN. Boldin to Giants?? Arizona fans seething. Gotta go to work running late!!, will check later via internet for news. </P>Come on man don't be getting my AB hopes up again . Only to have me crash . LOL

janstett
05-29-2009, 09:29 AM
It's a stretch, but sometimes guys do sign the same agent as someone they want to play with and/or who has an in with the team. But it's far from any lock.

bELIeve_in_Giants
05-29-2009, 09:40 AM
It's a stretch, but sometimes guys do sign the same agent as someone they want to play with and/or who has an in with the team. But it's far from any lock.
</P>

Of course, Condon also represents Peyton.</P>

Sundown
05-29-2009, 09:42 AM
Damn not this again. It doesnt matter who his agent is the Cardinals want to much. Shouldnt BSPN be covering the return of Brady

BigBlueOnes
05-29-2009, 09:52 AM
At work now. I rewound it five times on my DVRto make sure I heard it rightand he said "Boldin to the Giants? Arizona fans are furious as Boldin has not shown up for team activities. Anquon Boldin has hired Eli Manning's Agent Tom Condon, the same fellow who orchestrated the trade with Manning to the Giants. Could the same thing happen here?". Pardon some inaccuracies, but that's essentially what he said. Geez, how many receivers do we need? Although, I think I would pretty much welcome AB even though he's a whiner.

BJacobs27
05-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Condon represents a lot of stars....

Peyton Manning, Tony Romo,Matt Leinart, Tim Couch, Marvin Harrison, LaDainian Tomlinson, Tony Gonzalez, Steve Hutchinson, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Chad Pennington, Alex Smith, Marc Bulger, Chris Simms, Byron Leftwich, Mathias Kiwanuka, Brady Quinn, and Adrian Peterson.

bigal1giant
05-29-2009, 10:02 AM
I'll believe it when the deal is finalized! Recently ESPN has been so screwed up with it's "scoops" that their credibility is suspect.
I suspect the only way this becomes fact is if Jerry Reese gets him for a song with a "low-end" contract in place for the next three-four years! I'm also still worried about those rumors a few months ago that his hip is suspect! We'll see!

bELIeve_in_Giants
05-29-2009, 10:12 AM
This doesn't sound like a scoop, it sounds like pure speculation to drum up drama. They're not even claiming that it's likely, it's just a tease.

peerless
05-29-2009, 10:12 AM
i cant believe this is still going on..........this is worse then the bret farve retirement

Jint Fan 73
05-29-2009, 10:15 AM
sounds like its pure speculation on ESPN's part

Morehead State
05-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Right...we'll just take back our draft picks.

T.Rice57
05-29-2009, 10:25 AM
After the draft we had, and with the young talent we have, I cannot believe people would actually want a WR like Boldin or Edwards. I'd be absolutely pissed if we went after Boldin. Leave our team alone. We're set for years to come.

NjGiant42
05-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Oh that would be great yes we do have a nice young team of Wideout's but to have Boldin would be great to be cause he gives us that open threat down the field who wouldnt want this guy on the team, other teams would have a harder time deffending us I'll go for that wouldnt you shezzz I almost poop in my pants when I read this "Let's make it happen Reese"

giantsP28
05-29-2009, 10:58 AM
i am one of the biggest "Bring AB to the Giants" fans

but lets come on. ESPN does this all the time. they say something like "Anquan Boldin to the Giants?" and then the story is complete bull****. It ends up like John Clayton saying "Since he is still technically free agent there are many places he could fit, including the Jets, the Buccaneers, the Chiefs, the Lions, the Raiders, the Rams, and the Giants."

not to mention...just because hes not getting his way, hes not showing up to team activities??? greatttt. thats not a sign of headaches or anything

LT= Lawrence Taylor
05-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Not this **** again

janstett
05-29-2009, 11:31 AM
After the draft we had, and with the young talent we have, I cannot believe people would actually want a WR like Boldin or Edwards. I'd be absolutely pissed if we went after Boldin. Leave our team alone. We're set for years to come.

Disagree, even if every young guy works out.

It takes a few years for a WR to learn how to deal with press coverage, physicality in the first 5 yards, dealing with pro-bowl caliber CBs, and complex defensive schemes like the Eagles'. And even then we could end up with more Sinorice Moss's than DeSean Jacksons. We need a veteran, saavy WR on the team even if it isn't a high profile guy like AB or BE. We are built to win NOW, and we are wasting a huge opportunity with WR as our weak link. Great they'll be up to speed in 2-3 years, but by then our window may have closed elsewhere (like O line, D line, RB).

None of these guys we have demands a double team; none of these guys can do what Plax did in Green Bay.

peerless
05-29-2009, 11:56 AM

It takes a few years for a WR to learn how to deal with press coverage, physicality in the first 5 yards, dealing with pro-bowl caliber CBs, and complex defensive schemes like the Eagles'. And even then we could end up with more Sinorice Moss's than DeSean Jacksons. We need a veteran, saavy WR on the team even if it isn't a high profile guy like AB or BE. We are built to win NOW, and we are wasting a huge opportunity with WR as our weak link. Great they'll be up to speed in 2-3 years, but by then our window may have closed elsewhere (like O line, D line, RB).

None of these guys we have demands a double team; none of these guys can do what Plax did in Green Bay.
</P>

i agree we are built to win now....but i dont think are window will be closed in two three years....we have great young talent at skilled positions....and most of them are locked up.....webster, osi, tuck, phillips, ross, boley, all locked up</P>

offense eli, jacobs, our line mostly young, boss, and the WR i think we have a good 5-7 year window right now......the giants can be a great team for a long time like the colts pats steelers....</P>

YATittle1962
05-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Oh that would be great yes we do have a nice young team of Wideout's but to have Boldin would be great to be cause he gives us that open threat down the field who wouldnt want this guy on the team, other teams would have a harder time deffending us I'll go for that wouldnt you shezzz I almost poop in my pants when I read this "Let's make it happen Reese"

is that a Charlie Conerly jersey in you are holding in your avi...?

Morehead State
05-29-2009, 12:04 PM

</P>

i agree we are built to win now....but i dont think are window will be closed in two three years....we have great young talent at skilled positions....and most of them are locked up.....webster, osi, tuck, phillips, ross, boley, all locked up</P>

offense eli, jacobs, our line mostly young, boss, and the WR i think we have a good 5-7 year window right now......the giants can be a great team for a long time like the colts pats steelers....</P>

</P>

At this point if we want to bring in a vet like Marvin, I'm fine. But a high priced guy like Anquan after we drafted two WR's is silly. And as some of you know, I LOVE Anquan.</P>

We have already made to commitment to move on without bringing in a top vet WR. Can't go back now.</P>

peerless
05-29-2009, 12:06 PM
agreed morehead.......no turning back now.</P>

G-Men Surg.
05-29-2009, 12:06 PM

</P>

I agree to some extent with you janstett, you are right on our window of opportunity for us being a contender but I just think Boldin is plain and simple out of reach ... If Boldin is to "change" his posture doing business ( changing Agents ) and grasps the idea of coming to a winning organization and have a chance to win a SB then anything is possible contact-money wise with him ... Then again I dont think he is in that position right now, his due for a big contract virtue of being on his prime ...</P>

The Eggholes have the cap to sign him easly...</P>

In the other hand I dont underestimate our WR, agree we dont have a " Plax " right now that cant command doble team coverage virtualy on every snap but the logical thinking is Hixon is going to mesh more with Eli and has the tools to strech the field ( even Plax took some time to coupe with Eli ) and add Smith, Mario, Nicks, Barden, Moss into the mix and I like our chances alot ... </P>

Bleu
05-29-2009, 12:21 PM

Peyton Manning, Tony Romo,Matt Leinart, Tim Couch, Marvin Harrison, LaDainian Tomlinson, Tony Gonzalez, Steve Hutchinson, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Chad Pennington, Alex Smith, Marc Bulger, Chris Simms, Byron Leftwich, Mathias Kiwanuka, Brady Quinn, and Adrian Peterson.

Right! Which basically takes up almost every NFL team so that argument could be made for any player. The only interesting thing about Condon is that he's the complete opposite of Rosenhaus so it's clear Boldin wants to take another approach in his contract negotiations. Condone is a classy guy...so we'll see what his tactics can get Boldin.

gianthole
05-29-2009, 12:32 PM

Right!* Which basically takes up almost every NFL team so that argument could be made for any player.* The only interesting thing about Condon is that he's the complete opposite of Rosenhaus so it's clear Boldin wants to take another approach in his contract negotiations.* Condone is a classy guy...so we'll see what his tactics can get Boldin.

I believe Condon represents BE too. We saw how well that worked out for the Giants.

ESPN is ridiculous!

shocknaweny
05-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Don't want him !

Providence
05-29-2009, 12:41 PM
This is as believable as the Giants signing me.</P>

YATittle1962
05-29-2009, 12:42 PM
hey guys I heard Providence has a new agent and the Giants are working on a contract with him....

you heard it here first

ShockeyShow
05-29-2009, 12:55 PM
hey guys I heard Providence has a new agent and the Giants are working on a contract with him....

you heard it here first

Don't need him...too pricey, and I heard that he doesn't like to play with a "BUNCH OF ****ING AMATEURS DUDE!"

J&M
05-29-2009, 01:22 PM
We would need to give up multiple draft picks and give him Larry Fitzgerald type of money. Thats why we didn't make the trade in the first place and we won't make the trade now. Especially since Nicks has impressed.

shocknaweny
05-29-2009, 01:32 PM
We would need to give up multiple draft picks and give him Larry Fitzgerald type of money. Thats why we didn't make the trade in the first place and we won't make the trade now. Especially since Nicks has impressed.

Yeah this will NEVER happen....this thread should be deleted too as I jumped into it thinking WTF and than it was just more of the same garbage we've been getting for months now.

Drystt
05-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Boldin + Nicks + Jacobs offense = Punishing Giants.

janstett
05-29-2009, 01:47 PM

I'm not convinced on the trade costs... He's going to at very least throw tantrums, not show up for camp, etc. I think he's got 2 years left? Sure, they can sit him and not play him or reduce his role. But he's gonna be a cancer and if they don't trade him now or next season, they get nothing for him when he leaves via FA. Will they do a Keyshawn Johnson and let him ride the bench?

Even worse with BE because he's a free agent next year and there has been a coaching regime change.

Maybe they can whittle down his contract to something more reasonable and beef it up with incentives (I'm fine with that, if he performs, reward him).

The price has to go down as we get later into the offseason.

Or maybe I'm just dreaming :)

krygny
05-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Right...we'll just take back our draft picks.
<font size="4" color="#ff0000">Any or all of our draft picks possibly could be malcontents (but we can't be sure). We can trade some of them for a <u>KNOWN</u> malcontent. Then, we'll be right back where we were at the beginning of last season.
</font>

MOOK3456
05-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Ok, seriously if you guys can really say you don't want Boldin, you're crazy. I'm a huge fan of Nicks and think that in time he's gonna be a stud playmaking WR. But it isn't going to happen his first year.

Seriously, some of you are just being unrealistic. If there is any chance at all to get Boldin on this team this year and we pass it up, we fail. Not to mention Nicks and Barden have no vet WR's to learn from and no, Tyree isn't that guy.

gshepherdnyg
05-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Ok, seriously if you guys can really say you don't want Boldin, you're crazy. I'm a huge fan of Nicks and think that in time he's gonna be a stud playmaking WR. But it isn't going to happen his first year.

Seriously, some of you are just being unrealistic. If there is any chance at all to get Boldin on this team this year and we pass it up, we fail. Not to mention Nicks and Barden have no vet WR's to learn from and no, Tyree isn't that guy.
So true

gshepherdnyg
05-29-2009, 01:53 PM

So true

dlivesay
05-29-2009, 02:18 PM
This doesn't sound like a scoop, it sounds like pure speculation to drum up drama.* They're not even claiming that it's likely, it's just a tease.*
agreed. espn is no longer satisfied with reporting the news, they want to create it. IMO it's just wishcasting by espn.

YATittle1962
05-29-2009, 02:20 PM
This doesn't sound like a scoop, it sounds like pure speculation to drum up drama. They're not even claiming that it's likely, it's just a tease.
agreed. espn is no longer satisfied with reporting the news, they want to create it. IMO it's just wishcasting by espn.

hahahahaha ....wishcasting

Providence
05-29-2009, 02:30 PM

you heard it here first

Don't need him...too pricey, and I heard that he doesn't like to play with a "BUNCH OF ****ING AMATEURS DUDE!"
</P>

That's right, "I didn't see my buddies die face down in the mud for this!"</P>

lilredk
05-29-2009, 02:30 PM
This would not be a sound trade because Boldin hasnt been able to play a full season for a few years because of injuries.....His damaged hip may also shorten his playing time in the NFL anyway, plus we couldnt afford his salary demands......

Munchieboy
05-29-2009, 02:41 PM
<FONT size=5> ******NOW HEAR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!*******</FONT></P>

<FONT size=5></FONT></P>

<FONT size=5></FONT></P>
<H1 style="FONT-SIZE: 12px; MARGIN: 0px"><FONT size=4>“I am raising the stakes right now, ... If this is a poker game, I am shoving my chips right in the middle of the table. I am raising the ante. Anybody who wants out, can get out. This team is NOTgoing to sign Boldin. OK? This team is NOTgoing to sign Boldin”</FONT></H1>

buddy33
05-29-2009, 02:42 PM
So the Giants are supposed to get Boldin, a guy who wants more money than than the Giants where going to pay Burress. Burress helped the Giants win the Super Bowl and was rewarded with a contract that would have him making 7 million dollars IF he did everything he was supposed to. Do you think the Giants thought they where ever going to have to pay Burress 7 million a year ? Before he shot himself he was already suspended and was fined and would never make the 7 million. Now the Giants are going to break the bank for Boldin. It will not happen.</P>

michaelkhan3
05-29-2009, 03:00 PM
i cant believe this is still going on..........this is worse then the bret farve retirement

Ok this migth be going on for a while now but its nothing like the Favre retirement.

This Bret Favre retirement is a total joke I dont think Ive ever seen a saga like this in any sport anywhere its an absolute joke.

RIGIANTS3547
05-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Whether boldin gets here is one matter but anyone who thinks getting boldin in blue is a bad thing needs a check up from the neck up. As time goes on and the closer we get to TC boldin's contract demandsbecome less and less. Remember we played quite a bit with plax to get him to where the FO wanted him to be... contract wise. The major problem is that this thread started from someone listening to ESPN. LOL. Go Giants.

YATittle1962
05-29-2009, 03:04 PM
So the Giants are supposed to get Boldin, a guy who wants more money than than the Giants where going to pay Burress. Burress helped the Giants win the Super Bowl and was rewarded with a contract that would have him making 7 million dollars IF he did everything he was supposed to. Do you think the Giants thought they where ever going to have to pay Burress 7 million a year ? Before he shot himself he was already suspended and was fined and would never make the 7 million. Now the Giants are going to break the bank for Boldin. It will not happen.</p>

agreed

sharick88
05-29-2009, 03:08 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

GMENAGAIN
05-29-2009, 03:14 PM
At work now. I rewound it five times on my DVRto make sure I heard it rightand he said "Boldin to the Giants? Arizona fans are furious as Boldin has not shown up for team activities. Anquon Boldin has hired Eli Manning's Agent Tom Condon, the same fellow who orchestrated the trade with Manning to the Giants. Could the same thing happen here?". Pardon some inaccuracies, but that's essentially what he said. Geez, how many receivers do we need? Although, I think I would pretty much welcome AB even though he's a whiner.</P>

How does any of that transalate to a Boldin to Giants story? These media people and bloggers just make up stuff and report it as news . . . it's ridiculous.</P>

We're not getting Boldin or Edwards. It's time for everyone to move on.</P>

</P>

bandwgn86
05-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Just flashed on TV 7:20am EST on ESPN. Boldin to Giants?? Arizona fans seething. Gotta go to work running late!!, will check later via internet for news. </P>

Come on man don't be getting my AB hopes up again . Only to have me crash . LOL</P>

i'll wait for them to start a OCHO to NY rumor so i can get my hopes up.. </P>

gmen46
05-29-2009, 03:20 PM
There are validarguments hereon both sides. But imo, the window of our opportunity for Boldin (such as it was) has passed. If this news (change of agent, possibly signifying attitude adjustment in Boldin's approach to all this) had occurred 5-6 weeks ago,it argueablymay have affected our draft strategy, and thenReese &amp; Co. may have been more agressive in puruit of him. As it stands now, chances of Giant pursuit are Slimto None. (and, as they say, Slim just left town).</P>

Having said that, there could be an outside possibility (only in my head, no doubt) that a trade of Moss--on the bubble with Giants, it seems, but who could be seen by Cards as having a lot of upside with Warner as his QB--plus maybe a low 2010 pickalong witha reasonable contract for Boldin (sliding scale tied to performance and SB appearance, as just 1 example) could be had. Just a crazy, boring, off-season "fantasy" thought, I know.</P>

NYG-Men619
05-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Never going to happen, he is too much money, and I would like to see what our team can do this year, as long they use the rookies to what potential they have, instead of just sitting them the whole year, because we def don't have a number one as of right now....

Cubuffalo
05-29-2009, 03:56 PM
Tom Condon also represents 44 other players in the NFL. Talk about ESPN making something out of nothing.

buddy33
05-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Reese drafted what people are calling the most pro ready WR in this years draft. He then drafted a possible red zone target. All this after he signed 4 free agent defensive players that will help one of the best defenses in the league last year be even better this year. Oh, and Osi is back. Maybe, Reese knows they might not be as good on offense this year and thats why the Giants defense is loaded.</P>

Everyone thinks Reese is a great GM and he has drafted so good since he has been on the job. Why are so many questioning him now ?</P>

T.Rice57
05-29-2009, 04:30 PM

</P>

Well, as far as your last statement, you can't say that. None have them have been given a shot to play yet. So, it's unfair to say they can't, or won't demand a double team. </P>

As far as the rest of your arguement. In out situation, I completely disagree with the notion a WR can't come in and contribute immediately. The reason why most WR's coming out of college struggle, especially the big name WR's, is b/c they typically go to teams that are struggling. Most teams don't have an O-line, QB, or RB's like we do. We are set. And with the amount of proven talent, combined with the young, unproven talent, it's going to be great competiton, which can only make players better. I know what you're saying about the three year thing, I just think in our case, it shouldn't matter. </P>

buddy33
05-29-2009, 04:55 PM

</P>

</P>

Is it impossible that Nicks could have just as good a rookie season as Boldin did when he was one ? </P>

</P>

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=4512</P>

Munchieboy
05-29-2009, 05:02 PM
I swear to God, if you people don't stop with the Boldin nonsense, I will shoot this dog!!!!!</P>

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_K1fewZqTsTY/Sb7GGpsB1XI/AAAAAAAACqw/FIFrUISlhlU/s320/09_031609_shoot_the_dog.jpg</P>

</P>

Sincerely,</P>

Mike V.</P>

HeatherP
05-29-2009, 06:06 PM

Come on man don't be getting my AB hopes up again . Only to have me crash . LOL</P>

i'll wait for them to start a OCHO to NY rumor so i can get my hopes up.. </P>

</P>

You still riding that bandwagon huh?! lol [;)]</P>

EManning4life
05-29-2009, 06:23 PM
ok that was gay