PDA

View Full Version : Will the coaching staff be back next season??

younggiant
01-01-2012, 11:32 PM
After a good win tonight...do you guys think Coughlin and co. job is safe for next season or depends on what we do in the playoffs?

ToneZak
01-01-2012, 11:48 PM
I thought heading into this game Coughlin was safe. I think over the past few weeks Fewell has saved his job. Now if the Falcons light up the D that could change things, but i think for now, as long as there is no playoff D colapse that he has saved his job.

Yes he's taken a lot of heat, and he should've, but lets remeber not only the injuries to the secondary, but take a look at how hurt we were at linebacker. Blackburn, Williams, Jones, Kiwi (not a LB but a great player) Part of the reason for the poor play on D wasn't scheme, it was personel.

I'm still not a huge fan of Gillbride but I think Eli has saved his job with his play this year.

FishinTheSalt
01-01-2012, 11:57 PM
TC is a lock, he was before the kickoff tonight. I'd still like to see spags come back and can fewell. But I can't even be sure PF won't be back.</P>

We don't need to get rid of TC and I don't think we should. It would be a mistake in my op. Chances of finding someone better are slim at best.</P>

TheReal_LT
01-02-2012, 12:09 AM
TC is a lock, he was before the kickoff tonight. I'd still like to see spags come back and can fewell. But I can't even be sure PF won't be back.</P>

We don't need to get rid of TC and I don't think we should. It would be a mistake in my op. Chances of finding someone better are slim at best.</P>

I have no problem with keeping Coughlin...it's the coordinators that give me ulcers....but I'll take being the NFC east Champs anytime!....

Tony Bruno
01-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Yes

NY_Eli
01-02-2012, 12:12 AM
I'd be willing to wager all 3 will be back. Coughlin and Gilbride are locks, Fewell will most likely return too.

dave8274
01-02-2012, 12:12 AM
After a good win tonight...do you guys think Coughlin and co. job is safe for next season or depends on what we do in the playoffs?

Unfortunately, yes.

gzellf
01-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Even if we have a run in the playoffs, i wouldn't mind a different DC. I'm not a fan of some of the play calling, especially when we have a lead.

NYfanatic
01-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Even though I would love for Tom to retire after this season I am willing to let him return ONLY based on the fact we are in the playoffs.

Bigbluereckingcrew
01-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Funny u mention that, Rolle said something during on field post game interview about TC retiring....something about on his own terms... raised an eyebrow

ToneZak
01-09-2012, 07:31 AM
No doubt about it now, all three will be back if they want to.

giantotherness
01-09-2012, 07:34 AM

I'll say it again. The only way Gilbride and Fewell come back next near is if we win the SB. Yesterday- I was disgruntled yet again in the early going with Gilbride's play calling.