PDA

View Full Version : Props to the Giants.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
01-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Clearly the better team than Dallas this year.

Good game, fellows. Represent the NFC East well in the playoffs, and we'll see you next season.

egyptian420
01-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Good game to you too bro...you gave us a scare and definitely made us work for it till the end

BigBlue1971
01-02-2012, 12:04 AM
thanks for the props Asia!</P>

see ya'll next year!</P>

Cowboys Fan From Asia
01-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Good game to you too bro...you gave us a scare and definitely made us work for it till the end

Thanks.

myles2424
01-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Clearly the better team than Dallas this year.

Good game, guys. Represent the NFC East well in the playoffs, and see you next season.
please remove "this year"

giantsfan420
01-02-2012, 08:01 PM

Thanks.

just bc the cowboys are losers doesnt make u one. the class and respect u show us here when u visit is noted and appreciated. good luck to u guys, and let us know some of the things u hear about ur roster during the offseason.

i suspect u guys will have a lot of new faces next year. like the jets, i suspect u guys will try and stock up on draft picks bc there really isnt gonna be quality FA's u need for the back end, especially the quantity u need.

and not to kick u when ur down at all, but did u guys honestly give sensabaugh and some of ur other dbacks big contract extensions/?? WTF is Jones thinking? that if u pay em like good players they suddenly become one?

TuckYou
01-02-2012, 09:51 PM
I don't get it. So you are from Asia, live in Virginia, and like Dallas. Is that right?

MikeIsaGiant
01-02-2012, 10:50 PM
I don't get it. So you are from Asia, live in Virginia, and like Dallas. Is that right?

Merica's team sonnie.

Ain't no darn confussin bout it.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
01-02-2012, 11:29 PM

Born in Dallas, lived in Asia for over a decade, and currently reside in Virginia. Yeah, it's a roundabout story.

whakka
01-03-2012, 03:02 AM
i think dallas stopped being 'mericas team when JJ fired landry.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
01-03-2012, 10:42 AM
not to kick u when ur down at all, but did u guys honestly give sensabaugh and some of ur other dbacks big contract extensions/?? WTF is Jones thinking? that if u pay em like good players they suddenly become one?

I don't quite get it either. I think maybe Jerry is so desperate for good players that he's willing to pay top dollar to secure a "good" one (when he thinks he sees one). Sure, he pays top dollar for very good players indeed - Ware, Witten, Romo, Austin, etc. Unfortunately, he forks out cash for second-tier players (Sensabaugh, Marion Barber, etc.) as if they're first-tier ones.

SweetZombieJesus
01-03-2012, 01:07 PM
I don't quite get it either. I think maybe Jerry is so desperate for good players that he's willing to pay top dollar to secure a "good" one (when he thinks he sees one). Sure, he pays top dollar for very good players indeed - Ware, Witten, Romo, Austin, etc. Unfortunately, he forks out cash for second-tier players (Sensabaugh, Marion Barber, etc.) as if they're first-tier ones.

That's why IMO you guys are being held back, Jerry needs to cede some power and get a real GM to handle football operations who can handle those kind of decisions in a rational manner, and Jerry can stick to what he's good at, the business end and marketing, etc. He is just too emotional and irrational, like a kid with an ant farm.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
01-03-2012, 05:34 PM

That's why IMO you guys are being held back, Jerry needs to cede some power and get a real GM to handle football operations who can handle those kind of decisions in a rational manner, and Jerry can stick to what he's good at, the business end and marketing, etc. He is just too emotional and irrational, like a kid with an ant farm.

Yes, and that is a point that is made endlessly on the Cowboys message board. However some Dallas fans regard hiring a GM to be some kind of a panacea which I think is a bit unrealistic too. It's not like a GM would suddenly make the Cowboys go 12-4 year after year.

gmen46
01-03-2012, 06:25 PM
I don't quite get it either. I think maybe Jerry is so desperate for good players that he's willing to pay top dollar to secure a "good" one (when he thinks he sees one).* Sure, he pays top dollar for very good players indeed - Ware, Witten, Romo, Austin, etc.** Unfortunately, he forks out cash for second-tier players (Sensabaugh, Marion Barber, etc.) as if they're first-tier ones.

That's why IMO you guys are being held back, Jerry needs to cede some power and get a real GM to handle football operations who can handle those kind of decisions in a rational manner, and Jerry can stick to what he's good at, the business end and marketing, etc.* He is just too emotional and irrational, like a kid with an ant farm.*

Yes, and that is a point that is made endlessly on the Cowboys message board. However some Dallas fans regard hiring a GM to be some kind of a panacea which I think is a bit unrealistic too. It's not like a GM would suddenly make the Cowboys go 12-4 year after year.

Not that you need any example to back your statement here, but look no farther than Dan Snyder as the other prime example.

Many thought that once he fired his buddy as GM end of 09 and hired Bruce Allen, a supposed GM genius, that Snyder would be virtually hands off with personnel decisions and that the Redskins would turn around.

I haven't seen one iota of difference in how the Redskins are run, do you?

Same thing would occur with Jones, I agree. As long as Jerry is tied to the team, things won't change for the Cowboys, unfortunately for you (but fortunately for us!!! :)