PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Kevin Gilbride

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-02-2012, 01:34 AM
Revenge on Buddy Ryan through defeating both sons in must win situations. Can't complain tonight. Nice game.

MikeIsaGiant
01-02-2012, 01:35 AM
Congrats to kevin for not calling much of a bad game! Kudos, although some minor flaws

Nyflava4ya420
01-02-2012, 01:40 AM
the play calling in the 2nd half was horrendous if we didn't have eli we probably lose.

regardless we didn't and we won, and I'm happy.

Let's go win the superbowl.

I want to punch Trent Dilfer in the face.

NYGRealityCheck
01-02-2012, 01:54 AM
I have to give credit to Cruz for making the plays happen time and time again. Didn't like how Gilbride stepped off the gas pedal in the 3rd quarter with poorly managed drives and let Dallas mount a comeback. When playing teams like the Packers and Saints, there is no stepping off the gas pedal...

Drez
01-02-2012, 01:57 AM
I have to give credit to Cruz for making the plays happen time and time again. Didn't like how Gilbride stepped off the gas pedal in the 3rd quarter with poorly managed drives and let Dallas mount a comeback. When playing teams like the Packers and Saints, there is no stepping off the gas pedal...</P>

You mean on the drives our OL couldn't pass protect or run block on?</P>

nyknstill!
01-02-2012, 02:00 AM
this thread....

http://oi52.tinypic.com/vobuyg.jpg

NYGRealityCheck
01-02-2012, 02:03 AM
I have to give credit to Cruz for making the plays happen time and time again. Didn't like how Gilbride stepped off the gas pedal in the 3rd quarter with poorly managed drives and let Dallas mount a comeback. When playing teams like the Packers and Saints, there is no stepping off the gas pedal...</P>

You mean on the drives our OL couldn't pass protect or run block on?</P>

you mean the 3rd and 1 pass followed by the 4th and 1 run? the 7-yard pass play to Nicks slant rout on a 3rd and 9/10 backed up near the endzone?

GreenZone
01-02-2012, 05:31 AM
What's really farcical is that critics of any offensive coordinator think they actually know anything.

<ul> First, the attitude among critics is that the plays that go poorly should never have been called. And second, there is rarely any credit for the good plays that occur. And third, there is rarely any recognition that the other team has talent and tries to make plays, even sometimes carries momentum.[/list]

The obvious problem is that a replacement would not have called a lot of the many plays that go well that critics take for granted.</p>

Please, those cancer-out-of-the-locker-room posters are looking for fault. I'm calling on those fans to go root for them Cowboys. There, they can find plenty of it.
</p>

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 05:36 AM
Revenge on Buddy Ryan through defeating both sons in must win situations.* Can't complain tonight.* Nice game.*
HA! Good point. I liked KG anyway, but glad that you pointed out that he stomped out Buddy's kids.

HAMMERHEDD
01-02-2012, 05:53 AM
Yes, congratulations, Kevin! Eli and Cruz made some plays that made your coaching style not seem as ****ty as it really is. Please, sir, take the credit! I hope you earn another miserably failed HC job for your "brilliance"!

T-Murda84
01-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Why do people blame Gilbride..Blame Reese for us having to have a makeshift Oline the whole season. Thank Reese, for having a Beckum out there who cant block if his life depended on it. Gilbride called a damn good game and I see Cowboy fans, who would rather has Gilbride than Jason Garrett. Our Coaching staff is the BEST IN THE NFC EAST....but our GM is the worst managing us financially, and thats the damn truth.

giantfanatic
01-02-2012, 09:40 AM
I just wish we could have a better 4 and 1 call in our arsenal. Very predictable.

Beating the Ryan's is nothing but great. They are - all three of them - buffoons.

T-Murda84
01-02-2012, 09:43 AM
I just wish we could have a better 4 and 1 call in our arsenal. Very predictable.

Beating the Ryan's is nothing but great. They are - all three of them - buffoons.

I dont understand that...if Gilbride throws the ball, he takes all the heat for it. When he runs the ball like every1 wants him too and it gets stuff...every1 says Gilbride is predictable. For us to not convert on a 4th and 1 falls on the Offensive Line, that Jerry Reese provided for us this season.

Diamondring
01-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Gilbride did very well in his playcallin.

Dorothy
01-02-2012, 10:09 AM
What's really farcical is that critics of any offensive coordinator think they actually know anything.

<ul> First, the attitude among critics is that the plays that go poorly should never have been called. And second, there is rarely any credit for the good plays that occur. And third, there is rarely any recognition that the other team has talent and tries to make plays, even sometimes carries momentum.[/list]

The obvious problem is that a replacement would not have called a lot of the many plays that go well that critics take for granted.</p>

Please, those cancer-
out-of-the-locker-room posters are looking for fault. I'm calling on
those fans to go root for them Cowboys. There, they can find
plenty of it.
</p>
Right on. Thank you for telling it like it is.

sideline sneek
01-02-2012, 10:12 AM
I have to give credit to Cruz for making the plays happen time and time again. Didn't like how Gilbride stepped off the gas pedal in the 3rd quarter with poorly managed drives and let Dallas mount a comeback. When playing teams like the Packers and Saints, there is no stepping off the gas pedal...I think it was the D that allowed the mini comeback! The D-Backs were playing way too soft!

giantfanatic
01-02-2012, 11:04 AM

I dont understand that...if Gilbride throws the ball, he takes all the heat for it. When he runs the ball like every1 wants him too and it gets stuff...every1 says Gilbride is predictable. For us to not convert on a 4th and 1 falls on the Offensive Line, that Jerry Reese provided for us this season.

Watch Sean Payton call a game. That's creative.

Its not just a question of pass or run. it is a question of how many options you have with each. We have two running options and that is just too predictable for me. When we line up, I can point to the spot where we run about 80% or 90% of the time. And I am just a dumb fan.

TuckYou
01-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Ok, Ill step up to the plate. </P>

Gilbride called a great game yesterday, his best of the season. But more importantly, Perry Fewell is finally using this defense the right way. More man to man, constant blitzing bringing pressure. That is what we need. Pressure the QBs. </P>

The team came out flat in the second half and Eli and Cruz gave them a jump start on that 3rd down play... Tyreesk. </P>

Defense started wearing down in the second half because of all the 3 and outs by the O. They cant do that and beat good teams like GB and NO. </P>

With that said....</P>

GO BIG BLUE!!! MOTHERFLIPPIN HELL YEAH!!!! Knocked out the Jets and Eagles last week, and the Cowboys this week. </P>

</P>

T-Murda84
01-02-2012, 11:24 AM

Watch Sean Payton call a game. That's creative.

Its not just a question of pass or run. it is a question of how many options you have with each. We have two running options and that is just too predictable for me. When we line up, I can point to the spot where we run about 80% or 90% of the time. And I am just a dumb fan.

How can u blame Gilbride for that? The Saints have alot of guys who are multi-talented in several areas.....They have a Jimmy Graham and we have Beckum. Saints have a Sproles who can catch, run inside and out...I dont think we have a halfback who can catch at all. So if u want to blame this offense for being predictable...blame Jerry Reese for that...we dont have alot of versatility in the skilled positions.

GameTime
01-02-2012, 11:24 AM
the play calling in the 2nd half was horrendous if we didn't have eli we probably lose.

</P>

the play calling was horrendous because the protection broke down and lack of energy on the part of the players??? If you think the play calling was the culprit then you are mistaken. Besides you said the second half.....actaully ony the third quarter was an issue. </P>

poppa smurph
01-02-2012, 11:25 AM
I just wish we could have a better 4 and 1 call in our arsenal. Very predictable. Beating the Ryan's is nothing but great. They are - all three of them - buffoons. I dont understand that...if Gilbride throws the ball, he takes all the heat for it. When he runs the ball like every1 wants him too and it gets stuff...every1 says Gilbride is predictable. For us to not convert on a 4th and 1 falls on the Offensive Line, that Jerry Reese provided for us this season. Watch Sean Payton call a game. That's creative. <FONT size=6>Its not just a question of pass or run. it is a question of how many options you have with each. </FONT>We have two running options and that is just too predictable for me. When we line up, I can point to the spot where we run about 80% or 90% of the time. And I am just a dumb fan.I'm guessing you mean out ofeach formation..run/pass options in the play call.</P>

My only complaint is running too much shotgun down in the red-zone, the option to run in those instances are way too noticable for my liking, but thats just me.</P>

poppa smurph
01-02-2012, 01:48 PM

</P>

the play calling was horrendous because the protection broke down and lack of energy on the part of the players??? If you think the play calling was the culprit then you are mistaken. Besides you said the second half.....actaully ony the third quarter was an issue. </P>

The 3rd quarter scared me, big-time.</P>

I might be a blind Homer, but if this team plays a full 60 minutes, they have a shot at beating anyone.</P>

Voldamort
01-02-2012, 01:51 PM
yes he did

bashful
01-02-2012, 01:57 PM
You are kidding. In the second half the troll was calling plays not to win but to not lose. Needed ELI and CRUZ to bail his pathectic butt out. He needs to go but unfortunatley TC won't fire him and we go through the same crap next season with an idiot as our OC.