PDA

View Full Version : Reese, Coughlin and Fewell deserve a lot of credit

Coach Carter
01-02-2012, 02:00 AM
Reese received a ton of criticism as he let Boss and Smith walk and the Eagles were signing every free agent. Reese said he had a plan and the fools on these boards mocked him. Now look at the end result, Cruz is the most explosive player on the Giants offense, Ballard has been good and JPP is a probowler in his second year. Reese also held on to Osi in spite of the trade offeres because he said to win you need a pass rush.

This is Coughlin's best year of coaching, period. He made the playoffs with a hobbled team and I like how he handled himself with the Plaxico fiasco during the off season and all the trash talking with Rex Ryan. I though Coughlin was done but he bounced back and won three of the last four games.

EDIT:
I forgot to give props to Perry Fewell, good job getting the defense back o track. Please bring Sam Madison in to be Ross' personal coach.

Congrats to the those three men, job well done.

jomo
01-02-2012, 02:15 AM
Reese received a ton of criticism as he let Boss and Smith walk and the Eagles were signing every free agent. Reese said he had a plan and the fools on these boards mocked him. Now look at the end result, Cruz is the msot explosive player on the Giants offense, Ballard has been good and JPP is a probowler in his second year. Reese also held on to Osi in spite of the trade offeres because he said to win you need a pass rush.

This is Coughlin's best year of coaching, period. He made the playoffs with a hobbled team and I like how he handled himself with the Plaxico fiasco during the off season and all the trash talking with Rex Ryan. I though Coughlin was done but he bounced back and won three of the last four games.

Congrats to the those two men, job well done.
[B] Where is the champagn when you need it?

Coach Carter
01-02-2012, 02:19 AM
Even with all the injuries this team is still loaded, now if only Ross can return to his rookie playoff form.

egyptian420
01-02-2012, 02:21 AM
Reese received a ton of criticism as he let Boss and Smith walk and the Eagles were signing every free agent. Reese said he had a plan and the fools on these boards mocked him. Now look at the end result, Cruz is the msot explosive player on the Giants offense, Ballard has been good and JPP is a probowler in his second year. Reese also held on to Osi in spite of the trade offeres because he said to win you need a pass rush.

Congrats to the those two men, job well done.
[B] Where is the champagn when you need it?
bacardi rum straight outta the bottle for me, tastes almost as rough going down as the outcome of tonight's game for Jerry Jones

wrek537emc
01-02-2012, 02:21 AM
Agreed! With all the adversity this team/organization went thru this season, the team stepped up n got us to e post season. The Gmen were humble n show what CLASS is all about.

Coach Carter
01-02-2012, 02:29 AM
One more point, Rolle, Canty and Boley have played well and proven that they deserve (most) of the money they were paid by Reese. Especially Role, he makes mistakes but his versatility and him sacrificing stats for the team by playing out of position is impressive.

Sintim97
01-02-2012, 02:32 AM
first off, canty DOES NOT deserve even close to the money he got.

second, will coughlin deserve a lot of credit when we lay an egg next week or the week after against new orleans or whoever

Coach Carter
01-02-2012, 02:33 AM

second, will coughlin deserve a lot of credit when we lay an egg next week or the week after against new orleans or whoever

Eff off

egyptian420
01-02-2012, 02:35 AM

I'm with you on Canty's contract but thats about it....Coughlin is very far from perfect, but he Definitly is capable of leading this team to another superbowl imo...Its up to the players to do what he asks of them

Connor
01-02-2012, 03:03 AM

Why do you even watch games?

#disgusted

RoanokeFan
01-02-2012, 03:08 AM

So when the team sucks, it's Coughlin's fault and when the team plays as it did tonight, Coughlin had nothing to do with it?

Garbloz
01-02-2012, 03:16 AM
tc and kg have been great for us. i don't understand the hate for them. our o has been great for awhile now . tc won a sb and im pretty sure is the best at challenges all time. they may not be the best coaches ever but they are solid.

and pf has improved. plus getting a bit healthier helps.

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 03:32 AM
Reese received a ton of criticism as he let Boss and Smith walk and the Eagles were signing every free agent.* Reese said he had a plan and the fools on these boards mocked him. Now look at the end result, Cruz is the most explosive player on the Giants offense, Ballard has been good and JPP is a probowler in his second year. Reese also held on to Osi in spite of the trade offeres because he said to win you need a pass rush.

EDIT:
I forgot to give props to Perry Fewell, good job getting the defense back o track. Please bring Sam Madison in to be Ross' personal coach.

A big time +1 on EVERYTHING you said. And I especially have to agree about TC -- I don't want this guy going anywhere now (I was on the fence, but of course, now I'm off).

Perry Fewell, I thought that you were an average DC, but great last couple of weeks. PLEASE KEEP IT GOING, so I won't have to hope that you get fired. You deserve at least one more year.

RoanokeFan
01-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Reese received a ton of criticism as he let Boss and Smith walk and the Eagles were signing every free agent. Reese said he had a plan and the fools on these boards mocked him. Now look at the end result, Cruz is the most explosive player on the Giants offense, Ballard has been good and JPP is a probowler in his second year. Reese also held on to Osi in spite of the trade offeres because he said to win you need a pass rush.

EDIT:

A big time +1 on EVERYTHING you said. And I especially have to agree about TC -- I don't want this guy going anywhere now (I was on the fence, but of course, now I'm off).

Perry Fewell, I thought that you were an average DC, but great last couple of weeks. PLEASE KEEP IT GOING, so I won't have to hope that you get fired. You deserve at least one more year.

Sometimes it just takes time to get everything in synch and the injury situation just makes that proves a lot harder.

Coach Carter
01-02-2012, 08:53 AM

EDIT:

Sometimes it just takes time to get everything in synch and the injury situation just makes that proves a lot harder.

Yes, and a murderous third quarter for games - Saints, Packers and 49ers - yet two of those games were winnable.

Dirt66
01-02-2012, 08:56 AM

EDIT:

A big time +1 on EVERYTHING you said. And I especially have to agree about TC -- I don't want this guy going anywhere now (I was on the fence, but of course, now I'm off). Perry Fewell, I thought that you were an average DC, but great last couple of weeks. PLEASE KEEP IT GOING, so I won't have to hope that you get fired. You deserve at least one more year. Regardless, of the last couple of weeks, Fewell has to go. You can not dismiss how bad the defense looked for most of the year and the second reason is that a DC that was extremely successful here ,that the players really liked playing for will be available in Spags. You need to take advantage of that when it is there. Sorry PF but you need to go.

gumby742
01-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Reese received a ton of criticism as he let Boss and Smith walk and the Eagles were signing every free agent.* Reese said he had a plan and the fools on these boards mocked him. Now look at the end result, Cruz is the most explosive player on the Giants offense, Ballard has been good and JPP is a probowler in his second year. Reese also held on to Osi in spite of the trade offeres because he said to win you need a pass rush.

EDIT:

A big time +1 on EVERYTHING you said. And I especially have to agree about TC -- I don't want this guy going anywhere now (I was on the fence, but of course, now I'm off). Perry Fewell, I thought that you were an average DC, but great last couple of weeks. PLEASE KEEP IT GOING, so I won't have to hope that you get fired. You deserve at least one more year. Regardless, of the last couple of weeks, Fewell has to go. You can not dismiss how bad the defense looked for most of the year and the second reason is that a DC that was extremely successful here ,that the players really liked playing for will be available in Spags. You need to take advantage of that when it is there. Sorry PF but you need to go.

Agree. a handful of ok games doesn't make up for a ton of horrible ones.

fletch842
01-02-2012, 09:24 AM

So when the team sucks, it's Coughlin's fault and when the team plays as it did tonight, Coughlin had nothing to do with it?
</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>That's correct, when we win, it's all about Eli (oh wait, I forgot, he sucks too !! )</FONT> [;)]</P>