PDA

View Full Version : Peaking AT THE BEST TIME

giantsfan420
01-02-2012, 01:08 AM
i've been saying the past few weeks that we hadnt play close to our best ball, and that teams that peak at the end of the season go on runs.

finally, this team is peaking. defense and offense both play excellent tonight. eli played great, cruz and nicks w no drops
rolle with an int, good run defense. good dline.

this team is going to be a tough matchup for anyone in the playoffs.

hate to go there, but in 07, i think the team started to peak vs NE last game of the reg. season.

If Eli/Cruz/Nicks and the D can repeat this performance for three weeks, we'll be playing for another Lombardi.

Feels so sweet to never give up on the team, and just patiently wait for it all to click, and when it does, the Giants are a very VERY good team

giantsfan420
01-02-2012, 05:54 PM
i think that peaking at the end of the season and making the playoffs goes further to the chance at winning the super bowl than a team who dominated for much of the season but struggles at the end.

like i love our chances this year WAY MORE than when we were the 1 seed in the NFC in 2008.

past super bowl winners have been a testament to this. Last year GB, Steelers, our 2007 season...

you want the team to be playing its best and peaking at the end of the season and into the playoffs as opposed to the beginning or middle of the season.

i could see Detroit, SF, the Texans, Bengals, even the Steelers to a degree struggling in the post season this year.

I hope we take care of business this weekend, and the cards fall that we end up facing SF. That'd mean Detroit beat NO some how, and we'd end up meeting GB in the NFC Champ Game like in 07.

jakegibbs
01-02-2012, 05:59 PM
i've been saying the past few weeks that we hadnt play close to our best ball, and that teams that peak at the end of the season go on runs.

finally, this team is peaking. defense and offense both play excellent tonight. eli played great, cruz and nicks w no drops
rolle with an int, good run defense. good dline.

this team is going to be a tough matchup for anyone in the playoffs.

hate to go there, but in 07, i think the team started to peak vs NE last game of the reg. season.

If Eli/Cruz/Nicks and the D can repeat this performance for three weeks, we'll be playing for another Lombardi.

Feels so sweet to never give up on the team, and just patiently wait for it all to click, and when it does, the Giants are a very VERY good team

I don't think they've peaked yet. Still too many missed big play opportunities in all three phases of the game & they're stepping up in competition from here till the end. I'd love to see them play a totally complete game just once this year. Hopefully the best is yet to come.

It better be IMHO anyway.