PDA

View Full Version : 3rd and 1

BeatTHEJETS
01-02-2012, 01:12 AM
And Gilbride goes to a dam shotgun pass!
that almost lost us the game and it was killing my mind the hole game thinking about why we didn't run it.
and then we got stopped on 4th.
GILBRIDE IS THE WORLDS DUMBEST PLAY CALLER EVER.

I STILL LOVE YOU ALL!
GMEN NFC EAST DIVISION CHAMPS!!
LEGOOOOOOO

Coach Carter
01-02-2012, 01:21 AM
It was a dumb call and all the passing we did to start the third quarter.

BeatTHEJETS
01-02-2012, 01:30 AM
WE HAVE TO STP PASSING ON 1st

Landshark
01-02-2012, 01:40 AM

Couldn't agree more.

I'm super excited for the players because their talent won us this game. But I honestly loathe Gilbride... He is the most obvious and predictable offensive play caller in the league. 1st down... Low percentage throw, 2nd down... Run into the line... 3rd and long(as always) shotgun draw or throw short of the marker with the prayer to leg it out. He's garbage and if we had a good OC this team would be NO or GB caliber offense. We certainly have the talent to support it.

giantsforce
01-02-2012, 01:51 AM

Couldn't agree more.

I'm super excited for the players because their talent won us this game. But I honestly loathe Gilbride... He is the most obvious and predictable offensive play caller in the league. 1st down... Low percentage throw, 2nd down... Run into the line... 3rd and long(as always) shotgun draw or throw short of the marker with the prayer to leg it out. He's garbage and if we had a good OC this team would be NO or GB caliber offense. We certainly have the talent to support it.So, what is the role of the HC here? When is Mo going to step in because certainly Larry and Curly are messing up most of the time.

Landshark
01-02-2012, 01:54 AM

Couldn't agree more.

I'm super excited for the players because their talent won us this game. But I honestly loathe Gilbride... He is the most obvious and predictable offensive play caller in the league. 1st down... Low percentage throw, 2nd down... Run into the line... 3rd and long(as always) shotgun draw or throw short of the marker with the prayer to leg it out. He's garbage and if we had a good OC this team would be NO or GB caliber offense. We certainly have the talent to support it.So, what is the role of the HC here? When is Mo going to step in because certainly Larry and Curly are messing up most of the time.

believe me, I don't disagree with you... It's why I can't completely stand behind Coughlin as coach... He is just too damn loyal to that sack of crap.

Firenugget
01-02-2012, 01:56 AM
that almost lost us the game and it was killing my mind the hole game thinking about why we didn't run it.

I STILL LOVE YOU ALL!
LEGOOOOOOO

Should we have run BJ? Because he couldn't get a yard either.

giantsforce
01-02-2012, 02:02 AM

I STILL LOVE YOU ALL!
LEGOOOOOOO

Should we have run BJ? Because he couldn't get a yard either.
Maybe we should have run on the outside like Ware did and he got a bunch of yards. But then again Killdrives motto is "find what works and do the exact opposite" When did you see the Giants at least attempt to run on the outside instead of straight ahead for no gain? "but the o-line does not open up any holes!" and this is news to us why? If the o-line cannot open up any holes up the middle, at least see if they can open up the outside running lanes. But then again this is too simple for the "genius" coaching staff.

BlueSanta
01-02-2012, 02:04 AM
My problem with what Gilbride does isnt his % pass to run, but rather the way he does it.

If we are passing we are in an obvious passing formation like shotgun 3-4wr, 1 rb .

If we are running we line up with a TE or H-back, FB and HB.

We dont even use the most very basic forms of deception. The deception of personel.

Why cant we be more formation nuetral so the defense has to commit to defend both the run and the pass? The defense often knows what we are going to do before we even break the huddle because of our personel packages.

Landshark
01-02-2012, 02:08 AM
My problem with what Gilbride does isnt his % pass to run, but rather the way he does it.

If we are passing we are in an obvious passing formation like shotgun 3-4wr, 1 rb .

If we are running we line up with a TE or H-back, FB and HB.

We dont even use the most very basic forms of deception. The deception of personel.

Why cant we be more formation nuetral so the defense has to commit to defend both the run and the pass? The defense often knows what we are going to do before we even break the huddle because of our personel packages.

Yes, 100% agree... I mean for gods sake, if he had any common sense he would use that fact to create decoys... Since everyone knows how predictable he based on history and personnel packages... Here's a crazy idea... DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT! Make them commit with the wrong package and make them pay...