PDA

View Full Version : Help with a trade. D Wilson for B Marshall

CowboysSuck
09-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Ok guys here are my RB's: Demarco Murray, Bradshaw, Gio Bernard, Shane Vereen, AB2.

WR's: Brandon Marshall, Demaryius Thomas, Steve Smith (CAR), Golden Tate, Reuben Randle, Josh Gordon

--in order to upgrade my RB situation do you guys think trading Marshall and receiving David Wilson + Seahawks D/ST is worth it? (Pats are my current D/ST)

ryan12
09-03-2013, 01:02 PM
if your comfortable with steve smith then do it

Toadofsteel
09-03-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm holding randle as a sleeper pick myself. If nicks gets banged up, I see randle becoming a 10 point receiver. Personally, if try to package vereen and steve smith if his own wideout situation was thin. I dealt away jordy nelson in a, similar teade to pick up wilson.

dont wait to act upon out though, wilson projects the highest scores with ab2 out...

gmen0820
09-03-2013, 02:32 PM
I'm holding randle as a sleeper pick myself. If nicks gets banged up, I see randle becoming a 10 point receiver. Personally, if try to package vereen and steve smith if his own wideout situation was thin. I dealt away jordy nelson in a, similar teade to pick up wilson.

dont wait to act upon out though, wilson projects the highest scores with ab2 out...I like Nelson. Could you go into more detail with the trade you made involving him?

Carter.525
09-03-2013, 05:25 PM

dont wait to act upon out though, wilson projects the highest scores with ab2 out...

I picked up Randle today, also have Cruz.. insurace incase the heel acts up

Toadofsteel
09-03-2013, 06:56 PM
I like Nelson. Could you go into more detail with the trade you made involving him?

My draft roster (12 team QWWRRTF league):
A. Rodgers (QB-GB)
J. Jones (WR-ATL)
R. Wayne (WR-IND)
D. Martin (RB-TB)
A. Bradshaw (RB-IND)
J. Finley (TE-GB)
J. Nelson (WR-GB) --flex
J. Brown (K-NYG)
Revolving door on defense, but starting with WAS defense vs. PHI week 1
(bench) E. Manning (QB-NYG)
(bench) M. Austin (WR-DAL)
(bench) R. Randle (WR-NYG)
(bench) K. Moreno (RB-DEN)
(bench) S. Vereen (RB-NE)
(bench) DAL defense --matchup for week 2

His roster:
R. Wilson (QB-SEA)
L. Fitzgerald (WR-ARI)
M. Wallace (WR-MIA)
M. Lynch (RB-SEA)
S. Ridley (RB-NE)
F. Davis (TE-WAS), though he had taken Gronk on a flyer as well.
D. Wilson (RB-NYG)--flex
G. Zuerlein (K-STL)
CIN Defense (I think he's doing matchup-based defenses too)
(bench)J. Freeman (QB-TB)
(bench)D. Richardson (RB-STL)
(bench)J. Rodgers (RB-ATL)
(bench)A. Boldin (WR-SF)
(bench)K. Thompkins (WR-NE)
(bench)R. Gronkowski (TE-NE)

I gave him Bradshaw and Nelson for Wilson. Wilson is now my RB2, and promoted Vereen to my flex spot (though that's going to be up for grabs week to week between him, Austin, and Randle), and picked up Zach Miller (TE-SEA) with my free roster spot, as he has a good projection for week 4 when Finley is on bye.

The other team moved Nelson to WR2 and put promoted Richardson to his flex. Bradshaw went to his bench, and Wallace is now riding the pine too, while Jacquizz was waived. In the end we both basically sacrificed a really good flex in our strong suit (WR for me, RB for him), to get beefier at the starters for the other position, so we both came out ahead.

Also, we all know that Bradshaw can't play a complete season, so I was really feeling shaky with my RB situation... which was my own doing, since Rodgers was BPA at the end of the 2nd round, followed up by Julio early 3rd, Wayne in the end 4th, and Jordy in the early 5th... couldn't touch RB for a while and got stuck with Bradshaw as a RB2... this trade basically unscrewed myself.

gmen0820
09-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Good trade. I like Austin just as much. Wilson is a solid RB2 with AB1 and 2 gone.

penguinfarmer
09-03-2013, 07:13 PM
I'm a bit hesitant. It makes sense since your RB group is sketchy, but ignoring that, Brandon Marshall for Wilson isn't that fair of a trade. What is your current defense?

Toadofsteel
09-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Good trade. I like Austin just as much. Wilson is a solid RB2 with AB1 and 2 gone.

Like i said, it was basically him with RB value he couldn't utilize, and me with WR, basically forcing Wilson in his flex and Jordy for mine. At least this way we both have some flex options based on matchup/health. I have Austin, Randle, and Vereen as previously noted, and he has Richardson, Bradshaw, and Boldin.

I had originally hesitated on that trade (and wanted originally to have Vereen sent over as my RB offering), but he didn't want to have dual RB from the same team. As soon as AB2 went down I shot him a text and said I was ready to send Bradshaw over, as Wilson's value had shot up a bit for the first 6-8 weeks...