PDA

View Full Version : On to the Falcons- all of the basic stats

tuck&rolle
01-02-2012, 02:21 AM
Great all around performance from the G men. If they continue to play at that level they could be a very dangerous dark horse team.

But the Cowboy game is now behind us- and luckily, we have another game to prepare for.

The Falcons have a very strong offense:
7th in points per game (Giants 9th)
10th in yards per game (Giants 8th)
8th in passing yards per game (Giants 5th)
17th in rushing yards per game (Giants 32nd)

The Falcons have a better running game than we do, and a similar passing game with two big play threats that can blow open a game at any point- not to mention an elite quarterback.

On the defensive side:
Yards per game- Falcons 12th, Giants 27th
points allowed per game- Falcons 18th, Giants 26th
pass yards allowed per game- Falcons 20th, Giants 29th
rush yards allowed per game- Falcons 6th, Giants 19th
sacks- Falcons 20th, Giants 5th

turnover differential- Falcons +14, Giants -3
penalties- Falcons 2nd fewest, Giants 17th fewest
time of possession- Falcons 2nd, Giants 4th

By looking at the basic stats, we can tell that the Falcons are an extremely talented and particularly disciplined team; they are well-balanced and make few mistakes. That said, the Giants have shown marked improvement over the last two weeks on defense. The defense, and particularly the D-line, needs to step up to beat our third Ryan in as many weeks. Here's to another month of football. Lets go Giants!

BigBlue121
01-02-2012, 02:24 AM
Where is the stat for who wants it more and heart?

Firenugget
01-02-2012, 02:28 AM
You forgot the most important stat. Atl sux. [:P]

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 02:47 AM
I have to disagree on one thing -- I cannot put Ryan down as elite. I'm not trying to deprive him of anything (like Eli's detractors attempt to do), but I he's got to do something in the playoffs first.

It's going to be a good game and I like the fact that these 2 teams don't know each other.

The Falcons are VERY balanced, and I have to admit that, even after tonight's game, that the Giants don't play well at home.

HOWEVER, the Giants seem to be coming together -- both on the OL (and as a result the run game), as well as the defense. The D has let up something like only 28 points TOTAL the past two games. We can make fun of Sanchise, but Dallas does have a serious offense. Tonight was VERY impressive. KEEP IT UP, FEWELL!!

tuck&rolle
01-02-2012, 02:56 AM
I have to disagree on one thing -- I cannot put Ryan down as elite. I'm not trying to deprive him of anything (like Eli's detractors attempt to do), but I he's got to do something in the playoffs first.

It's going to be a good game and I like the fact that these 2 teams don't know each other.

The Falcons are VERY balanced, and I have to admit that, even after tonight's game, that the Giants don't play well at home.

HOWEVER, the Giants seem to be coming together -- both on the OL (and as a result the run game), as well as the defense. The D has let up something like only 28 points TOTAL the past two games. We can make fun of Sanchise, but Dallas does have a serious offense. Tonight was VERY impressive. KEEP IT UP, FEWELL!!

Whether we call Ryan elite or not, he is still a very dangerous quarterback.

I was actually quite impressed with the pass blocking for eli today... everything came together tonight. Let's hope it keeps up