PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget Hynoski, Pascoe and J. Williams

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 03:00 AM
The ENTIRE team contributed tonight, but hats off to some guys that made important contributions:

Hynoski -- undrafted FA rookie FB (nice one, JR) who was clearing paths for AB and BJ and made at least one nice catch in which he hurdled Newman for extra yardage.

Pascoe - 2nd year TE / FB. Also made some nice plays and ALSO hurdled Newman for extra yardage after the catch.

NOTE: Terrance Newman needs a nickname like "The Human Hurdle" or just "Hurdle."

J. Williams - rookie LB 6th round pick out of USF. 1 sack and 1 hit on Romo, and made some nice tackles as well. Nice game to go along with his excellent game against the Eagles during their first meeting of the year.

RagTime Blue
01-02-2012, 03:18 AM
Both Pascoe and Hynoski can catch pretty well.

Hynoski, in particular, was a real receiving threat at Pitt.

nycsportzfan
01-02-2012, 03:27 AM
The ENTIRE team contributed tonight, but hats off to some guys that made important contributions:

Hynoski -- undrafted FA rookie FB (nice one, JR) who was clearing paths for AB and BJ and made at least one nice catch in which he hurdled Newman for extra yardage.

Pascoe - 2nd year TE / FB. Also made some nice plays and ALSO hurdled Newman for extra yardage after the catch.

NOTE: Terrance Newman needs a nickname like "The Human Hurdle" or just "Hurdle."

J. Williams - rookie LB 6th round pick out of USF. 1 sack and 1 hit on Romo, and made some nice tackles as well. Nice game to go along with his excellent game against the Eagles during their first meeting of the year. Jaquain Williams was outstanding and yet another reason why i give Jerry Reese so much love for his Drafting and UDF skills Heres a guy in Jaquian WIllliams that i haden't ever heard of(and i heard of everyone!!lol) and he gets him in RD 6 when u can take chances on guys and not hurt 2bad if they don't work out So i look into Williams and he had a nice season and u could totally see him improving as a SR to the point where he'd be looked at as high as RD 2 probably and at worst RD 3ish and we got him in RD 6 After i did the research i was saying how Reese pretty much got a 2nd-3rd RD LB in RD 6 just a yr earlier then he would of been that He basically projected and hit a homerun with his pick of williams Reese is just awesome at drafting!

Hynoski was huge tonight and was a great Additon by Reese via Undrafted Free agent He was a UDF that alot of fans who follow draft prospects wanted Hes a bulldozer with solid hands I bet he could short yardage carry for us as well and that might happen a tad down the line Great game by Henry!

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 03:35 AM

J. Williams - rookie LB 6th round pick out of USF. 1 sack and 1 hit on Romo, and made some nice tackles as well. Nice game to go along with his excellent game against the Eagles during their first meeting of the year. Jaquain Williams was outstanding and yet another reason why i give Jerry Reese so much love for his Drafting and UDF skills*** Heres a guy in Jaquian WIllliams that i haden't ever heard of(and i heard of everyone!!lol)* and he gets him in RD 6 when u can take chances on guys and not hurt 2bad if they don't work out*** So i look into Williams and he had a nice season and u could totally see him improving* as a SR to the point where he'd be looked at as high as RD 2 probably and at worst* RD 3ish* and we got him in RD 6**** After i did the research i was saying how Reese pretty much got a 2nd-3rd RD LB in RD 6** just a yr earlier* then he would of been that** He basically projected and hit a homerun with his pick of williams*** Reese is just awesome at drafting!

Hynoski was huge tonight and was a great Additon by Reese via Undrafted Free agent*** He was a UDF that alot of fans who follow draft prospects wanted*** Hes a bulldozer with solid hands*** I bet he could short yardage carry for us as well** and that might happen a tad down the line**** Great game by Henry!

Yeah, I've liked Williams all year, too. He had some good moments, as well some bad but he was a 6th round pick who was thrust into starting -- what can we expect? He's got great speed and I believe, a head for the game.

I don't know if he can be a true starter, but at the very least he'll be a valuable back-up / spot-starter in the future. Personally, I think he can develop into someone who wins a starting position and not just through injuries to other players.

nycsportzfan
01-02-2012, 03:58 AM

J. Williams - rookie LB 6th round pick out of USF. 1 sack and 1 hit on Romo, and made some nice tackles as well. Nice game to go along with his excellent game against the Eagles during their first meeting of the year. Jaquain Williams was outstanding and yet another reason why i give Jerry Reese so much love for his Drafting and UDF skills Heres a guy in Jaquian WIllliams that i haden't ever heard of(and i heard of everyone!!lol) and he gets him in RD 6 when u can take chances on guys and not hurt 2bad if they don't work out So i look into Williams and he had a nice season and u could totally see him improving as a SR to the point where he'd be looked at as high as RD 2 probably and at worst RD 3ish and we got him in RD 6 After i did the research i was saying how Reese pretty much got a 2nd-3rd RD LB in RD 6 just a yr earlier then he would of been that He basically projected and hit a homerun with his pick of williams Reese is just awesome at drafting!

Hynoski was huge tonight and was a great Additon by Reese via Undrafted Free agent He was a UDF that alot of fans who follow draft prospects wanted Hes a bulldozer with solid hands I bet he could short yardage carry for us as well and that might happen a tad down the line Great game by Henry!

Yeah, I've liked Williams all year, too. He had some good moments, as well some bad but he was a 6th round pick who was thrust into starting -- what can we expect? He's got great speed and I believe, a head for the game.

I don't know if he can be a true starter, but at the very least he'll be a valuable back-up / spot-starter in the future. Personally, I think he can develop into someone who wins a starting position and not just through injuries to other players. I totally think Williams has what it takes to be above avg LB in this league U can see him getting better and better all ready and he only played at S FLA like 2yrs and as u said was thrust into starting for us and hes all ready getting better I think we won't see a fully developed Williams till his 3rd season and as i said hes all ready getting pretty good

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 04:07 AM

J. Williams - rookie LB 6th round pick out of USF. 1 sack and 1 hit on Romo, and made some nice tackles as well. Nice game to go along with his excellent game against the Eagles during their first meeting of the year. Jaquain Williams was outstanding and yet another reason why i give Jerry Reese so much love for his Drafting and UDF skills*** Heres a guy in Jaquian WIllliams that i haden't ever heard of(and i heard of everyone!!lol)* and he gets him in RD 6 when u can take chances on guys and not hurt 2bad if they don't work out*** So i look into Williams and he had a nice season and u could totally see him improving* as a SR to the point where he'd be looked at as high as RD 2 probably and at worst* RD 3ish* and we got him in RD 6**** After i did the research i was saying how Reese pretty much got a 2nd-3rd RD LB in RD 6** just a yr earlier* then he would of been that** He basically projected and hit a homerun with his pick of williams*** Reese is just awesome at drafting!

Hynoski was huge tonight and was a great Additon by Reese via Undrafted Free agent*** He was a UDF that alot of fans who follow draft prospects wanted*** Hes a bulldozer with solid hands*** I bet he could short yardage carry for us as well** and that might happen a tad down the line**** Great game by Henry!

I don't know if he can be a true starter, but at the very least he'll be a valuable back-up / spot-starter in the future. Personally, I think he can develop into someone who wins a starting position and not just through injuries to other players. I totally think Williams has what it takes to be above avg LB in this league** U can see him getting better and better all ready and he only played at S FLA like 2yrs and as u said was thrust into starting for us and hes all ready getting better** I think we won't see a fully developed Williams till his 3rd season*** and as i said* hes all ready getting pretty good

I agree -- I wasn't knocking him at all. I've been very impressed.

CGYgiant
01-02-2012, 04:07 AM

I don't know if he can be a true starter, but at the very least he'll be a valuable back-up / spot-starter in the future. Personally, I think he can develop into someone who wins a starting position and not just through injuries to other players. I totally think Williams has what it takes to be above avg LB in this league** U can see him getting better and better all ready and he only played at S FLA like 2yrs and as u said was thrust into starting for us and hes all ready getting better** I think we won't see a fully developed Williams till his 3rd season*** and as i said* hes all ready getting pretty good

hmmm... say a Zach Brown were to fall to us in the 1st, do the Giants give him a long hard look?

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 04:41 AM

hmmm... say a Zach Brown were to fall to us in the 1st, do the Giants give him a long hard look?
I've been wanting LBs for years now, but I believe in drafting best available talent. That being said, I hope that a LB is THE best talent available when we pick.

We could have a good LB corp next year with Boley, Kiwi, and Goff returning OR a stud LB in the 1st round. PLUS J. Williams and Herz could either provide young depth that gained valuable experience this year, or possibly even compete for starting jobs. Almost overnight, the LB corp could become a strength instead of a liability without even making any big moves.

We're going to need depth in the secondary as well.

Coach Carter
01-02-2012, 08:02 AM

I don't know if he can be a true starter, but at the very least he'll be a valuable back-up / spot-starter in the future. Personally, I think he can develop into someone who wins a starting position and not just through injuries to other players. I totally think Williams has what it takes to be above avg LB in this league U can see him getting better and better all ready and he only played at S FLA like 2yrs and as u said was thrust into starting for us and hes all ready getting better I think we won't see a fully developed Williams till his 3rd season and as i said hes all ready getting pretty good

I've been wanting LBs for years now, but I believe in drafting best available talent. That being said, I hope that a LB is THE best talent available when we pick.

We could have a good LB corp next year with Boley, Kiwi, and Goff returning OR a stud LB in the 1st round. PLUS J. Williams and Herz could either provide young depth that gained valuable experience this year, or possibly even compete for starting jobs. Almost overnight, the LB corp could become a strength instead of a liability without even making any big moves.

We're going to need depth in the secondary as well.

That is why Reese and crew deserves credit for building from within. It is cheaper and has a higher rate of success than signing a big name (old, injured, player who is past his prime).

GameTime
01-02-2012, 09:29 AM
very happy that these guys stepped up. I have been a Pascoe fan since last year. I was thinking he was going to be what Ballard became this season but I still had hopes would become a legit TE for the NYG. He made a step in that direction the last two weeks, When Hynoski came to the team just judging from his films from college I thought he would have progressed more quickly but it seems the last 5 games or so he is been stepping up as a FB and last night they got him more involved in the short pass game.....very good to see...</P>

Keep it going Gmen....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</P>

Pakman
01-02-2012, 09:39 AM

J. Williams - rookie LB 6th round pick out of USF. 1 sack and 1 hit on Romo, and made some nice tackles as well. Nice game to go along with his excellent game against the Eagles during their first meeting of the year.

I loved what Pascoe did

Hynoski was an all state RB in high school so I know the dude can catch and run people over if he wants to

J. Williams is playing very good for a 6th round rookie

Voldamort
01-02-2012, 09:48 AM
They finally played like a team for 50mins!!!! Go G-MEN,BEAT the falcons!!!!

NYG 5
01-02-2012, 10:29 AM
i always thought Bear was pretty quick at taking a pass out of the backfield and turning upfield, especially for a tall guy like that. of course, the Giants only throw to him twice a year so you never get to see it that much.

Hynoski did a good job too. it looks like he's a better catcher than runner, but i want to see him start getting a coupke carries every now and then, maybe even run a screen to him from time to time. just so that the defense has to respect it, and not just assume its going to be a run play or he's just going to be a pass blocker.

HORAY FOR A VERSATILE BACKFIELD

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 10:38 AM
i always thought Bear was pretty quick at taking a pass out of the backfield and turning upfield, especially for a tall guy like that. of course, the Giants only throw to him twice a year so you never get to see it that much.

Hynoski did a good job too. it looks like he's a better catcher than runner, but i want to see him start getting a coupke carries every now and then, maybe even run a screen to him from time to time. just so that the defense has to respect it, and not just assume its going to be a run play or he's just going to be a pass blocker.

HORAY FOR A VERSATILE BACKFIELD

Pascoe definitely adds value as a back-up / spot starter as TE of FB. Depth is important and I'm glad he's a Giant.

Hynoski's a bull with a decent pair of hands (and hurdling ability). I'm glad to see him included in the passing game. I liked our last FB over the past few years (forgot his name), but one thing he could never do was catch the ball.

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 10:39 AM
They finally played like a team for 50mins!!!! Go G-MEN,BEAT the falcons!!!!
I know, FINALLY, a complete game and happened at the right time -- lets keep it up!

NorwoodBlue
01-02-2012, 10:47 AM
I just don't understand why Gilbride totally ignored Hynoski in the second half. He had something that was working for first downs, and when they started to struggle in the second half, Gilbride wouldn't get him the ball.

I'd also like to see him get a shot at some short yardage carries. He looks like he could get low and keep the pile moving forward, something Brandon just cant do any more.

His blocking has been spotty at times; but I think hes improving there too.

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 10:50 AM
I just don't understand why Gilbride totally ignored Hynoski in the second half.* He had something that was working for first downs, and when they started to struggle in the second half, Gilbride wouldn't get him the ball.

I'd also like to see him get a shot at some short yardage carries. He looks like he could get low and keep the pile moving forward, something Brandon just cant do any more.

His blocking has been spotty at times; but I think hes improving there too.

Hynoski was an undrafted rookie who started -- I'm sure his blocking will get more consistent next year.

In terms of KG, the Giants scored 31 points so I can't complain.

hungrrrry
01-02-2012, 11:00 AM

J. Williams - rookie LB 6th round pick out of USF. 1 sack and 1 hit on Romo, and made some nice tackles as well. Nice game to go along with his excellent game against the Eagles during their first meeting of the year.I was happy to see these young guys contribute where they could and don't forget, Greg Jones managed to recover Will Blackmons fumble that the cowboys couldn't get a handle on also. That play alone could have changed things dramaticly

BigBlue1971
01-02-2012, 11:04 AM
i love what those guys contributed last night and they were responsible for some big plays for us!</P>

that said, i like this guy Hynoski. with his catches and runs, he could turn out to be a big weapon for the Giants going forward.</P>

JacksGiant76
01-02-2012, 11:45 AM
If it wasn't for Pascoe's 3rd and 7 hurdle over Newman, the Cruz play doesn't happen. Great backup TE / FB.

I've loved the play of Williams all year. This guy, coming out of USF, was super raw and a 6th round pick to boot and I think he played fantastic for us this year and really came on later in the year. I think he's going to be a really good contributor to the team going forward. Interested to see if he gets more play time or if he's going to be relegated to more of a situational position.

Hynoski, for being an UDFA looks like he could turn out to be pretty decent and it I really like his hands and his ability to run after the catch and it looks like his blocking is improving each week.

I also really like what I saw from Herzlich in his limited time on the field this year. Wondering if he'll make it back for the playoffs?

I think with a full offseason, these guys can really become more impact players for us going forward.

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 11:47 AM

J. Williams - rookie LB 6th round pick out of USF. 1 sack and 1 hit on Romo, and made some nice tackles as well. Nice game to go along with his excellent game against the Eagles during their first meeting of the year.I was happy to see these young guys contribute where they could and don't forget, Greg Jones managed to recover Will Blackmons fumble that the cowboys couldn't get a handle on also. That play alone could have changed things dramaticly
I also forgot to mention Ware who I have been very dismissive of. He's had a nice past few games. I still don't think there's anyway that he can be a # 2 RB if Jacobs is released after this year, but he does have value.

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 11:51 AM
If it wasn't for Pascoe's 3rd and 7 hurdle over Newman, the Cruz play doesn't happen. Great backup TE / FB.

I've loved the play of Williams all year. This guy, coming out of USF, was super raw and a 6th round pick to boot and I think he played fantastic for us this year and really came on later in the year. I think he's going to be a really good contributor to the team going forward. Interested to see if he gets more play time or if he's going to be relegated to more of a situational position.

Hynoski, for being an UDFA looks like he could turn out to be pretty decent and it I really like his hands and his ability to run after the catch and it looks like his blocking is improving each week.

I also really like what I saw from Herzlich in his limited time on the field this year. Wondering if he'll make it back for the playoffs?

I think with a full offseason, these guys can really become more impact players for us going forward.

Yeah, I agree with everything you said. Pascoe was already pretty good, but he showed it a second year in a row. Williams and Hynoski are raw, but seem to have a lot of upside. Even Herzlich did show something.

These guys got a LOT of real experience this year. Barring injuries, I think they're all going to be real finds either as starters or valuable back-ups.